Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Fruit at the Paths End

bAh4LAW.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

She stared at the door. The last time she'd heard from either of them personally, well that had been a darker time in the galaxy.

Valery had been in hiding on planet knows what while Kahlil had been trying to keep his trail cold. His pursuers intent on either him or his beloved at the time of her slight intervention. A stepping stone on the right path she had hoped. And with all the news she'd been trying to keep up with, it had seemed as much.

She could hear the joyous sounds beyond the doorway.

Had it been silly of her to come? This time of year was important to family. Regret wasn't a familiar feeling for the Ashlan, nor was envy. Longing a far more companionable thing as she listened for a while. Siblings by the sounds as they bickered and played within the same breath.

Playing with the ends of her sweater sleeves as she wondered. Would they have had this if she had simply failed to find Kahlil? A cold trail held little value to most, and even she had been nearing the point of ending her search when she'd stumbled upon him.

If they hadn't met, would they be able to make even the outside of their home sound so...

Lively?

"I should try tomorrow." She reasoned with herself. Having failed to bring any sort of gift to share. The grapevine failing to give her much on the Noble children as she rubbed her hands together, sliding cold fingers into her pants pockets.

Turning away as the door opened.

oa2Pc1R.png

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch

Bang.

The door slammed open, and Vera Noble stood there, head tilted curiously while she looked at the woman. Vera's visions had told her she'd be arriving, so she was surprised to see Millia turning around. Maybe she thought she was at the wrong address on accident?

Vera glanced to the plague on the wall with the Noble name on it and blinked.

Maybe not.

"Hello!" She then called out before looking over her shoulder, "Mom?! She's here!" Vera yelled, and it didn't take long for Valery to arrive in the doorway. She was wearing a sweater too - it had a picture of her and Kahlil hugging embroidered into the fabric, and the kids were all on it too. An early Life Day gift Kahlil had gifted her.

"It's good to see you again, Millia," Valery said with a warm smile. "Come inside. We've got snacks and hot drinks ready."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil stepped up behind Valery, giving a brief smile. It was good to see Millia. Especially after all this time. Though, she didn't seem like she wanted to stick around from what he could tell. "Hope you're not planning on running off already. You haven't even met the triplets you know." He smirked, just a little. It'd been far too long, but he could tell she wasn't entirely comfortable being here. Hopefully a bit of humor would fix that.

"Don't argue and just come in. Vera's already seen your arrival."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Millia Brimarch Millia Brimarch

bAh4LAW.png

It wasn't easy to give Millia a start. Perhaps knowing it was the Noble's residence had given her a false sense of ease, or the unexpected nature of a door being slammed open unceremoniously did that to a being.

A slow turn as she calmed her heart to see a new face turning to look at her from the plaque on the wall.

Tilting her own head a little and examining the features with acute wonder. Nearly lost in the brilliance of those eyes before recognizing the shape that held them. The first of few no doubt given the noise, or perhaps one of two. Confirmed as the child, though she stood only a head shorter than herself, called for her mother.

Crossing her hands before her as Valery appeared. A grin forming as her brow rose in clear amusement at the sight of the sweater she wore.

"And you, Valery. You are well?" She had barely finished speaking when Kahlil came into view and dropped not one, but two surprises on her. "I wouldn't-Wait. Tri-Triplets?"

A large family indeed. A legacy of his own. She couldn't help but smile at them in silent awe.

"I've been seen it seems." Blinking at the realization that the brilliant eyed girl was a being visited by visions.

Knowing a denial would only invite trouble as she glanced to Vera. Lingering long enough to get comfortable before coming inside further.

"Thank you for having me. Truth be told, I'd stopped by to make sure this was were you lived before visiting tomorrow. I haven't brought anything." Empty hands held for all to see as she sheepishly smiled.

oa2Pc1R.png

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"I couldn't be doing any better,"
Valery said while she leaned into her husband just a little. The family was home for Life Day, her favorite holiday by far, so she couldn't be feeling happier with life. But it hadn't always been like that, and Millia had played a big part in allowing Life Day to be like this. Her nudge had brought Kahlil close enough for Valery to finally know he was back, and after a near-death experience on New Cov, he had found her again.

Right before Vera was born.

"Oh yeah, the family is quite big now," Valery said when she seemed surprised about the triplets. "Vera here is our oldest, then the triplets were born a few years ago. Since then, we've adopted Aris and Colette as well." And some pets too, like Fuzzy and Scampi. Then there was Bee, and Valery knew Colette was really hoping to have a pet too.

The family was big.

Guiding her inside, Vera closed the door and ran back into the living room to bring the triplets together. They were a chaotic bunch, so it always took a little bit of effort.

"Oh that's alright, you really don't need to bring anything. Just being here is more than enough." She smiled and briefly looked up at Kahlil. "Since we found each other again, largely because of your help, we never really all got back together like this. It's something I'd like to change, so please, we'd love it if you stayed for a little bit. We have guest rooms too, so you could even spend the night and travel back well-rested, whenever is convenient."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There's certainly no reason to bring us something more than yourself, Millia. Close family friends are always the most welcome here."

Kahlil turned back to the home to open the door and invite her in properly. Food was already prepared, mostly by Aris and Vera this time. Vera had already seen her arrival, and had Aris help her make all the food they'd need to entertain a guest properly. Aris himself stood near the kitchen, green eyes watching calm as ever. He was a spitting image of his father, almost. If Kahlil had never been corrupted by the Dark and had his growth stunted anyway.

"So, what have you been up to lately?"

bAh4LAW.png

There seemed to be a dizzying amount of children for the two of them. Aside from their give direct children, they'd also adopted a pair it seemed. The Ashlan people would hold them in high esteem given the notion. As it was, she was simply pleased to see little had changed about their kind hearts.

She was going to comment once more about not bringing a gift when both Valery and Kahlil put a proper stop to it.

Unable to keep from smiling while glancing between them.

"I shall view my presence as a gift of its own then. And, I think I'll stay the night if you don't mind." Letting herself laugh at the idea before she spied Aris in the kitchen. Being none to subtle about the look between Kahlil and Aris as surprise danced in her eyes.

The boy looked alarmingly similar to Kahlil. Another clone? A remnant of some sort? She wasn't going to throw questions around however.

Whatever understanding of their situation or circumstance would reveal itself in time. Kahlil's questions earning a shrug.

"I haven't been able to sit in one place for some time now with the interest a certain group has for the Ashlans, but mostly medical duties." Finding a comfortable spot to lean for the time being as she watched, observed, and enjoyed. It was refreshing to see the Nobles enjoying themselves as regular people rather than the stalwart heroes the holonet painted them as.

Reminded her that even those lofty beings still had their own lives.

"Is there anything besides your required duties that you have been up too? And, obviously, enjoying your free time." She was trying to joke, although her tone left much to be desired as she wondered about drinks.

oa2Pc1R.png

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"We don't mind at all,"
Valery said with a dip of her head. "We'll show you a guest room soon. It has its own bathroom and anything you need for a comfortable stay." Before that, though, it was time to all get together in the living room and catch up a little. So much has happened since they last saw each other, and Valery was hoping to talk about some of it. Perhaps even find a way to see each other more often, if time allows it.

Once inside the living room, Valery sat down on the couch and gestured for Millia to come sit down as well. Vera meanwhile returned to Aris, and picked up the plate of cookies they had baked together.

"Let's do the cookies first, Aris," Vera said with a smile before she offered him the plate. He had done most of the work, so she wanted him to present their cookies. At the same time, the triplets were gathering around the couch as well — Adam and Aeryn were still playing with their action figures, but Aurra was more focused on Millia.

"Hewwo, I'm Aurra," she squeaked timidly.

Valery just smiled warmly, and pulled her little princess onto her lap, while she turned back to Millia, "I hope things are going well on that front. The Alliance responded to an Ashlan refugee stream not long ago when Korriban was invaded." She frowned a little, but set aside her thoughts when Millia asked them a question.

"When we're not busy with Jedi duty, I honestly try to just spend time with family these days. Raising the little ones and enjoying our time together is just the best."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Cookies first."

Aris nodded once in agreement before taking the plate and stepped over behind the triplets. He glanced to the three for just a moment before holding out the plate. He kept a calm expression, though it wasn't really a smile, and simply waited for her to take one.

"Asides from our duties, yeah. There's not too much I do at least. I've the most fun just being with the kids." Kahlil was a simple man. He cooked of course, but he didn't feel a need to do much else than entertain their children. Especially the triplets, now that Aris and Vera were often at the Temple. It was a little quieter at home because of it.

bAh4LAW.png

A quick thanks to the room had her following them inside, joining Val on the couch. Eyes casting around the room to take everything in as she watched brother and sister work together. The appearance of the triplets drawing her complete attention as one stopped to speak to her.

She'd always had a soft spot for kids, and had Valery not picked up the child, Millia would have.

Instead content to offer a finger to the child as a greeting. "Hello Aurra, I am Millia." Taking immense pleasure in watching all three in turns from her vantage on the sofa.

"The Ashlan’s are a devout people, and many believe this to simply be a test of their faith. Many will endure, others will adapt. But, well enough for me to take personal time." She wasn't going to divulge much more at the moment. Such could be spoken of later on that matter as Aurra seemed to latch onto her words.

For as quickly as some dismisses the attention of children, they picked up on some of the most awkward questions possible she had noticed.

Watching Aris navigate the others and present her with a cookie as she looked over the selection. Taking one with a thanks before taking a bite. Appreciating the flavor and a questioning look to Aris before covering her mouth before she could speak.

"The cookies are well done. Kudos to their maker." She guessed it was Aris, but leaving it open ended would let them express their own pride on the matter. Not just a strangers.

Attention shifting not completely to Kahlil as she let her hand be held by Aurra.

"Mm. Are you happy, seeing them on their own path?" A simple enough question as she looked to him, measuring his expression as he took in the subtle question beneath. Was he happy with how things had turned out? Pleased with his efforts? He had given of himself plenty, and seeing him at ease had been a rarity before.

The closest prior was being seated between herself and Ingrid so many years ago now.

oa2Pc1R.png

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Aurra extended both of her little hands to reach for Millia's finger, and leaned forward so much that Valery decided to just let her go. The blonde crawled over, and giggled while she kept herself entertained by a waggling finger. Well, that and there was something about Millia that drew her attention — she thought the redhead woman was very pretty. Like a princess, and if there was one thing Aurra wanted to be right now, it would be a princess.

The other two triplets, however, were far more focused on Aris and his cookies. They each took one, and only then allowed him to pass to offer a cookie to their guest.

"Aris and Vera both enjoy baking with their father," Valery said after taking a bite of one too. "They taste really good, sweetie." Valery offered him a smile, knowing he took some pride in the cookies he baked. Later, she'd have to reward him with a cup of hot cocoa. His favorite drink.

Millia then asked a question, and Valery turned to look at her husband. She wasn't going to speak for him, but she already knew the answer. How could anybody get more joy and satisfaction out of life than he had? It hadn't come easy, of course, and even during their time together, all of this had been threatened so many times.

But he had beautiful kids around him who loved him now, and well, she liked to think that she was a very important part of his life and happiness too. As he was for her.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I made them to be good, so good."

Aris nodded once. Not proudly or smugly, just stating a fact as ever. He wanted them to taste good, he made them with that intent, and now that they said he did it meant he'd made them correctly. He took the tray back to the kitchen, fully intent on cleaning. And hiding the mess that was there. The least thing he needed was for them to realize the mess there.

"Happy doesn't feel like a strong enough word, honestly. I'm ecstatic to see them grow. To see where they're paths are going to take them." Even if he wasn't particularly fond of knowing they were going to outgrow him at some point, he was still happy to just know they were growing well. That they were happy, safe. That they had a childhood he could say he was proud to have helped make.

Unlike his own.

"There's nothing I would change."

bAh4LAW.png

Millia did not shy away from Aurra settling into her lap, giving her whole hand to the girl as she gave Aris a smile.

"Then you succeeded." A simple enough answer to give as she watched the boy make his way back to the kitchen. Diverting her attention to Kahlil with his response.

She heard his words even as she played with Aurra.

A happy family without the hanging shadow that had plagued their father. It was easy enough to see as she glanced between everyone present.

"Happiness is not a strong enough word for what I see, but it is a good one." Her own smile shared with Aurra as she spread her hand wide to match the little girl's small pats against it.

She felt out of sorts, out of her depth in this natural setting. The happiness was not a new feeling. Many a times she'd shared this with her own. But this.

She blinked and simply enjoyed the sounds for a moment.

"I hear tell that you've begun to use Runes or something? I'm not familiar with such." A grin forming as she tried to push past the thought of the children growing older.

oa2Pc1R.png

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery just watched Aurra for a moment, who was completely in her own world while she played with Millia. From a waggling finger, to all fingers spreading — the little blonde was determined to grab and gently pull at each one. All with the necessary amount of giggling, of course.

It warmed Valery's heart to see them so happy and without worry.

"It wasn't always easy, as you know as well," Valery said with a chuckle and her gaze on Millia, "But I agree, we're in a happy place now, and I wouldn't want to change anything either." This time, she leaned just a little into her husband, and placed her hand on top of his leg to loving squeeze it.

She couldn't imagine her life without him anymore, and the kids had given them so much purpose. It was worth more than anything to her.

Then, Millia mentioned runes, and Valery snickered, "Oh gosh, don't get him started on those." She teasingly grinned at Kahlil and looked over at Vera. "Kahlil and Vera both have been keeping themselves busy with it, actually. But I wouldn't want to speak on their behalf~"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's not so much begun as renewed. Runes were always my forte, just, as a Sith. I changed them, brought them to the Light. It's make handling the Sith a bit easier, since I can use it against them."

Kahlil chuckled, glancing towards Valery. Yes, he could ramble about them. And would. He was happy to, and well, proud of Vera for being able to pick them up as well as she had. They were his legacy in the Jedi.

bAh4LAW.png

Each of her fingers were pulled and pushed in turn, even letting Aurra push them backwards. Thankful she was double jointed as she grinned at the girls fascination.

"Sadly, joy such as this seem far and few between. But it is a good reminder not only for you, but everyone what is possible. Even in the worst circumstances." Affirmation to what was plainly on display as she listened to Valery speak about the rune study before Kahlil chimed in.

A small nod as she pondered the topic.

"I'd like to learn about these Runes at another time. I'll even share what I know from my own work." Her other hand rising, pointing with her finger before turning to blow across it.

A slight use of the Force as she blew, with a crystal like snowflake emerged from the effort. Barely bigger than her own thumb before offering it to Aurra.

oa2Pc1R.png

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery chuckled, "Maybe you and Vera could learn about them together." She glanced at Kahlil, knowing he was the key factor there. Valery could use a rune or two, but mostly the special one that they learned about some time ago. If she wanted to seriously learn about runes, he'd have to teach her.

"That'd be fun!" Vera said with a nod, though she understood that Millia could possibly be a lot more skilled with them already. If that were the case, split lessons would probably make more sense.

Millia then turned into the Force and used her own skills to create a little crystal of ice. Aurra stared at it, then took it without saying a word at first. She just felt the tingle of cold, and grinned at how pretty it was, "Mommy! Look!" she yelled, before she desperately wanted to show it to Mom first, then to Dad as well.

"It's very pretty, sweetie," Valery said with a chuckle. "Did you make that with runes as well, Millia? Or something else?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The Ashlan's have their own runes?"

It was them, or something he didn't know about Millia herself. Either or had him vastly interested though. The more obscure forms of the Force always had his attention. Even as a Sith he spent a long time during then trying to learn more about the Dathomiric Witch cults so he might learn more about how to manipulate a soul.

Even if he no longer practiced such, he still liked to learn things. And it was clearly holding his attention now. Him and Vera certainly would learn everything they could, he imagined.

bAh4LAW.png

A grin passed to Vera as she spoke, following Valery's gaze briefly before they became enamored with the little ice crystal she had fashioned into a snowflake.

"Something else. As for Runes, the Ashlan’s have something similar, that may just be the name they gave the study however. I only ever saw its use in calmer settings. Mostly used in dealing with... isolated influences." Carefully wording her response with a glance to the young ones around.

Pondering on possible similarities with what she had been able to witness during Ashlan cleansing ceremonies. They had drawn symbols and used chants, but what similarities to the study that the Nobles used was unknown.

Pressing on to her own explanation, she fed the little ice crystal more power to keep it formed.

"I believe what I use is something akin to bending the elements. Sadly, I have not found more than a few able to learn the skill." Granted the only ones she had attempted to train were similar in occupation to herself. And securing their ranks had made the task even more difficult with their thinning numbers.

Letting her hand drift back down as she smiled to Vera and Kahlil.

"I am excited to see what element manifests, as it typically reflects the soul of the one wielding it. And," Giving an easy smile as she stole a glance to the kitchen. "All are welcome in learning."

Not missing Aris in the offer as she smiled to him.

oa2Pc1R.png

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery shot Kahlil a teasing smirk — she knew Millia would have him excited now. He had a particular love for runes and other mysterious applications of the Force that brought out a nerdy side in him. Valery loved to see it, so if Millia was willing to share it with him and learn herself, she'd encourage it.

"Good thing you're staying for the night. Maybe you can stay a little longer and cover a few things?" Valery asked, her eyes shifting between the redhead and the rest of her family. Aris would sadly not be able to learn the runes because of his unique presence to the Force, and its limitations.

But Millia could swap ideas and teachings with Kahlil, and maybe Vera could join in on some sessions too. As long as she had her homework done, and wasn't with Aris and their Master.

"What do you think, love?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom