Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The force is a tool, and so are we.

a7ec2593567aad4e561ca599ca82a9da.jpg

Thoughts, memories, feelings, those were the domain of Calisa though she rarely recognized it. Wandering the galaxy in instances, so many of them seperate from each other, so non-linear by comparison to her fellow unseen roommates within that body. That body that was ever-changing. Always enacting her own belief's onto others, this time though, this time they had picked up something. A potential within an individual for darkness in the force. Calisa didn't recognize it. Didn't remember it. Yet that piece of information managed to make its way into the mind of Jesin Agi.

Objective: Study
Fragmentation: Jesin Agi. Female. A very tall red haired woman.

The plan was formulated without her knowing fully how or where it came from. This was not entirely unkown to her. Jesin had a particular place among The Krae. She was aware of the loss, but now of why, or what, or how, nor of her fragmentations, merely aware that there was a loss.

Likewise she had that this moment. She knew where she was, she knew why she was here, and she was even actively thinking on her plan. What she did not know is how this plan began to actually formulate, the starting point wasn't within her memory. She took a sip of the coffee.

Impressive job, this 'Ashlan Crusade.' Sifting through and rinsing the planet of the dark side. There'll always be grains somewhere, but impressive nonetheless. And disgusting, a waste of the power that was here so they could fuel their ego's and keep their feelings locked away. Too weak to control themselves just because of a presence in the force. Pathetic. Her thoughts were guarded, as were her emotions, all by a simple expression as she looked at a book, using it to disguise her watching all those around her as she sat slightly slouched on an outside table, if she stood up she might not be so easily missed. Her strength in the force was not what it once was, if it had been, it's likely the dark side presence she would have had would instantly have had her picked out as an outsider. As it was, not only were her emotions more tame, but her presence far less strong. She'd managed to somewhat hide it through a ritual, though mostly it had just been subdued, enough that her Vo was really the only thing that most aware of such things might recognize. And that was not aligned to the light or the dark, as it was more a muscle than a connection.

The memory was foggy, the thoughts were foggy, she was here for someone, she wanted to turn someone to the darkness. To show them there was a better way. But, it was also a matter of study. To see if she could, to watch the process, to see how they fell and why. And maybe they'd make a good ally, or apprentice, if ever enough knowledge could be regained.

Oraada Laabre Oraada Laabre

Oraada Laabre, Ashlan Crusader
IMG_1144.jpg

Jedi Knight​

5m5qOKV.png

Objective: Patrol Dromund Kaas
Thread Partners: Krae Krae

kP1KTsJ.png

Being one of the unspecialized members of the Ashlan Crusade, in addition to low-ranking, meant that Oraada could be deployed to a number of tasks within the space that they controlled. Specifically, she was at Dromund Kaas, one of the homes of the Bogan in the past. These days, it was as clean as they could get it. It still amazed her how they'd dispelled much of the corruption on the planet, but anyone with a rational mind knew that combing every single inch of the world would take time.
It was simple enough why she was here. They needed people to be the eyes and ears of Ashla, to seek out the Bogan and destroy it. Additionally, there was always petty or not-so-petty crime to take care of. Still, it made her a little nervous to be trusted so readily to be a force of justice. None of the Crusade ever really inquired about where she came from beyond her cover story. Perhaps they just had faith in her and respected her privacy? Nonetheless, Oraada felt she had a great deal to prove so that she could stand proudly beside her brothers and sisters of Ashla. Staged at one of the main hubs of activity on the planet, the Togruta drifted about with very little guidance. She was sure if something occurred, she would be hailed. If there was an invasion somewhere and they needed a saber, she would be there as soon as possible. For now, however, it was just her and her thoughts.

What if this isn't a test, but just that they don't want to bother with me? No, Faust wouldn't... he seemed receptive to my presence. I did and still do the best I am capable of. Perhaps, instead, this is a matter of stress? It could be that... I seemed distraught. I do often worry too much about how others are doing. And after all that bloodshed... I need to clear my head.

As she walked through the streets, she noticed a sort of outdoor area for sitting, eating, and whatever else came to mind for people. It was astounding that, even after eons of Sith influence, people could still enjoy life so simply. Then again, not everyone was connected to the Force as many were. And with such a connection came temptation, with power that needed temperance. Her gaze scanned the area, almost longing for that normality. But she was blessed and her blessing required use to help, heal, and save. So, why was there a sinking feeling in her heart...?

kP1KTsJ.png

Objective: Study, prepare
Tags: Oraada Laabre Oraada Laabre

Her eyes drifted up occasionally, wandering all those around her as she sipped on her drink, That one. she thought as they locked onto a togrutan female, she knew that was the one. She could see it, feel it, remember it, a piece of her was right where it needed to be for her 'fall' from the light as one would call it.

If only it were so easy. Jes knew, somehow, that the break from the 'light' was ever so often a slow one. It required more than one instance of anger. Connections were useful for keeping one sane, and stable, but they also could be the breaking point. On the other hand, without any connections, they were more malleable, the process might be slower, but it also meant they had more ways of falling. She didn't need the push, but this one did.

She was young, she could tell she was already familiar with the force to some extent. She had potential, she could be made to be more. Where to start? She waited until she got closer before looking up and waving at the Togruta,

"Ah friend Jedi," she spoke up, "Perhaps you can help me with something, bit of a matter of curiosity I guess. Maybe some philosophy. You do that, yes? Even get you a drink for the chat, coffee, tea, beer...you are allowed that right?"

Her thoughts, carefully guarded behind false ones, continued, Maybe this can work. A chat on their reasonings. Just to help insure there's actual thoughts or doubts, won't need to begin the process here. But as long as she can think on it on her own time, it may make my job easier.

Later I can begin my actual work. Now I know who I want to choose, I can learn. I can see how they think and act and feel. Let me decide then what it'd take to bring them over to my side of things. Accidents? An assassination? I'll need to think on this further. Something to get this truly going, perhaps...I should make something. That could work, I'm good enough with rituals and alchemy to get away with it I think. But I'd need to get it to her somehow. More information may be required.

IMG_1144.jpg

Jedi Knight​

5m5qOKV.png

kP1KTsJ.png

It was odd to be hailed so suddenly, especially so directly, but Oraada shrugged off the odd sensation. She wasn't stuck inside some stuffy temple anymore. People here were freer and more comfortable with the sight of a Jedi simply walking amongst them. They weren't some kind of secret police or anything-- just followers of Ashla like everyone else.

Nonetheless, Oraada gave a curt nod and allowed herself to come closer. If it was curiosity, that was one thing, but if it was being a friend to strangers, then that was even better. Once she was within polite speaking range, she allowed herself to take a seat-- even if just for a brief moment, she assumed. "Of course. We may be ascetic by nature, but we still require physical sustenance," Oraada explained with a small smile.

The girl didn't want to impose, however. "You don't have to order or pay for me, though. Philosophy is a good enough reason to meet and speak with someone," she said. Adjusting herself to be both comfortable and courteous, Oraada brushed her crooked lekku back into place. That was the thing about not having hair like a human-- it was difficult to keep in place, at times. "What philosophical questions do you have? I am not as enlightened as some, but I am sure I can entertain for a little bit..."

Another gentle smile flashed. Despite being a Jedi, or, perhaps, because of being a Jedi, she was humble and soft-spoken. Outside of battle, she believed that kindness was the way to go about healing the Galaxy. While the truly wicked deserved nothing more than their justice delivered by Ashla's faithful, many were not inherently evil or evil out of choice. Perhaps, one day, the Galaxy could be united under a banner that truly wanted the best for people. Free of skewed politics and greed, there could be Light.

kP1KTsJ.png

Now that was a way of speaking for sure, actually, it was one that was strongly familiar to Jesin, the 'practical and correct' method in a sense. She knew what species she was, and she knew how the language worked. And that was almost how their 'accent' typically worked. Extremely specific and carefully pronounced.

She waved her hand away smiling at Oraada saying the food wasn't needed, "Oh certainly, certainly, but it's no bother at all. Please, if you want anything have at it. So long as you aren't opening a tab on me." she joked while also prompting her to accept and get a waiter over.

Jesin took a quick sip of her coffee taking in a breath and adjusting her own hair as Oraada did her headtails.
"Oh that's alright, neither am I. But we all have to start somewhere don't we?"

Oraada was friendly, that was nice, and cooperative. No lofty superiority or 'greater than thou' personality. It could be a sign of her Jedi training, or a personality trait, but it was good for Jesin either way. Because it meant she cared. A strength and a weakness.

"Alright, so...emotion, it's dangerous right? And those who use it with the force are infected, or, mad." She held her hands out pursing her lips as she seemed to think it over, "But, what about those who can't use the force or can't stop themselves from feeling? I haven't heard about what happens to them. So," she looked around and gestured to a child crying angrily about something, "There, the poor babe...and parent. They don't know better, but that's how they are for now. Emotional, anger, sadness, it's a part of almost every species. You're born with it. Does that make it wrong? And what would you do about someone who's got anger issues, yet, normally a good citizen?"

She'd listen to the response carefully, watch Oraada's face, hands, everything. Listen if she let anything slip through the force, though that wasn't Jes's specialty. Because if those who refused to go to the light side were mad, and had to be executed. Or mercy killed. Would that not apply to any person like that? Just how far would they take it.

Or rather, how much could Jesin push Oraada to consider a measure the Ashlan Crusade might take, without pressing her to believe it right herself, on the inside. Test the waters, the feelings, and the thoughts.

IMG_1144.jpg

Jedi Knight​

5m5qOKV.png

kP1KTsJ.png

Oraada was surprised at the extreme friendliness that the woman in front of her displayed, but she knew that the Ashlan people were champions of their followers being equals. Lightsaber or not, she was as worthy of life as anyone around her. Besides, as long as the person in front of her was just and true, she didn't see a reason not to converse.

As the hand waved, she chuckled lightly. It was a good joke. Though, she never did have much of a large stomach on her. Such was an adaptation of the Togrutas in the face of a harsh environment in the early days. "Perhaps a little would be fine, then. Sometimes, it slips my mind to just... enjoy food."

Starting somewhere. With such intense pressure on herself to be worthy of this chance in life, Oraada often forgot that there was a beginning to everything. Even the universe itself. She nodded.

Oh, she cared. The Togruta often cared too much about the people around her. Every battle, every struggle, she was there to pick her comrades back up again. Strength in community was important. What was a faithful follower of Ashla if they did not support their fellows? And yet... it all went deeper with her.

"Emotion can be dangerous, yes, and using it with the Force create the danger of the Bogan within themselves," Oraada replied to show she was following the line of thinking her companion was proposing. Her attention was brought to a child, she could feel her senses also drifting to them. Her empathy was something she valued, but the sheer fury of both offspring and progenitor were loud, in a way. In a sense that threatened to overstimulate. A frown crossed her lips. "That isn't to say you can't feel... it's just about awareness and moderation. The child will grow and learn. Someone with anger issues can get help. Anyone can become better than their base instincts, so long as they are willing."

Then her mind flashed to someone she knew. A face that she'd rather not attach the name to. A feeling of remorse that needed no further deliberation upon itself. Remelle Terrin, her former friend and... perhaps... more? Either way, she'd watched her friend grow darker and darker until there was no salvation. At the time, she'd not had the strength to slay her friend in their last duel. Would she have the strength now? She'd taken to the draconian methods of the Crusade, but what if there was a way to save that soul? Oraada didn't want to consider the possibility that someone she'd grown up beside would fall to her hand... if Remelle hadn't already fallen. If Remelle hadn't sought redemption already.

"There are those so deep in the Bogan, so stubborn and avoidant of the Light, that they cannot... be saved. Being good and pure is a conscious choice. If they do not wish to make it or absolutely cannot, then it is a mercy to end their suffering so they may be redeemed as part of Ashla's light."

kP1KTsJ.png

Another smile, in truth it was preferable she was light on the purse. But still the payment was hardly something that was going to set her back in comparison to the knowledge and results she might gain from this venture.

Hm, so the Bogan doesn't count without the force involved. Worth keeping in mind. And so long as correction is an option, it's a matter of 'moderation' and growing. Jesin ensured her face would not be altered on the matter of those deep in the bogan and stubborn. It...felt. There was no specific word. It was not a good feeling. Why? The dark side seemed inherent to her yet with no true history, it was unclear. She knew it was more than her species, there was just something...important there. Instead, she kept her face interested, and she was, Oraada's answers were important to her. Even if much of their importance was placed on Oraada herself, and not any truth in it.

She nodded her head thoughtfully seeming to think further on the discussion,
"Alright, alright. Fair enough, moderation. Awareness. Relevant in any field." She tapped her lips with the back of her thumb, before another thing appeared on her eyes, "What about...when it's used for good. Historically speaking anyway, sometimes people, even Jedi, though I don't know about Ashlan Jedi, will use emotions whether out of instinct or desperation. Regular people are certainly more prone to this, they don't have as much to fear. But even for a Jedi, in those unpleasant moments when someone has done something horrid, is it acceptable. That they use fear, for instance, on themselves, a natural emotion, to protect people."

She waited. It was likely she wouldn't need much more before she could begin real tests. She would love to continue this, but it would be better done after she could have some...insurance. A staged action. Something to really ensure there was a hold on the girl, and then she could observe. If she was lucky she'd get to talk to her further before the 'fall,' if she could actually make it happen. So she'd have a more in depth understanding. If not, a distanced view may need to be enough.

IMG_1144.jpg

Jedi Knight​

5m5qOKV.png

kP1KTsJ.png

Oraada felt good informing someone about the views of the Ashlans. While she couldn't be certain about the history of the woman in front of her, it was always a positive thing to show and spread faith. It could inspire and lead others to do better with themselves. Not that any one person was ever doing bad unless fallen to the Dark Side or emotional fervor, but there was always more. Such was the nature of life. Living beings required ever-more food, love, and other things to stay alive and sane. Yet there was also the need to grow beyond just sustenance. That could be good, she recognized, but it could also be dangerous. It was why being aware of one's self and their desires was necessary. Only then could temperance be achieved.

There was a light dip of her head in respect of her discussion partner. "Yes. After all, if you mine a planet hollow, what more is there for the future? Where would those living there go?" she said, using something more material yet not as an example. Still, the next question caught her by surprise. For good? The markings above her eyes came closer, almost like knitted eyebrows. "I see where you are going with this, I think. I know of a form of lightsaber combat that brushes on inner darkness for strength. If it is momentary and for a good cause, as well as used sparingly, then I do believe that one can remain firmly in the Light. It is about peace and justice, not necessarily an absence of everything natural to living beings. After all, the Force is with us all in varying amounts and we, upon death, return our bodies and souls to it."

All answers were earnest in addition to naive. Despite having seen a good amount of horrors within her life, she still believed the best in people. The best in the Galaxy they all existed within. For every evil, there was a greater good lurking. It took effort for people to make a change, certainly, but it occurred nonetheless. She thought of the old Empire led by the Sith Lord, Darth Sidious. It fell, did it not? Light returned, did it not? Though, there was something on her mind she wanted to ask...

"And... I'm curious, is this matter of philosophy personal, if it's appropriate for me to inquire?"

kP1KTsJ.png

Mine a planet hollow, that was an interesting choice as an example. Not the first that Jesin would have considered but she could get the reasons behind it. More importantly though, was the answer to her question. She had an example even, a lightsaber form. That was good, even those elitists had a form that tapped into emotion. Accept one point, and it was easier to move to the next. That was the issue with the light siders, one who used the darkness needed only to control themselves to turn to the light. But in reverse? You had to do more than just know yourself, you had to gain a new understanding, a new level of control.

Some would truly fall, certainly. But some Jedi fell to complacency and stagnation. It was as much their place as it was the place of the sith to become short lived tyrants.

Good answers. She understands more than I expected, whether it's truly thanks to the Ashlan or not though I'm not sure. It's possible they hold some truth in those smug hearts of theirs. She thought, nodding along as the togruta spoke.

Jesin smiled at the final piece, 'we return our bodies and souls to the force.'
"A pleasant thought." That much was a true statement. Though she wasn't sure yet if she believed it or not.

She continued thinking for a moment before her eyes lifted as she was given a question. The alchemist leaned back considering the question, "Don't worry about appropriate, I'll let you know if you push my bounds." She began, "It's...hard to explain. I guess the closest comparison is...like a philosophical historian. More out of a personal venture than an occupation but it as its uses. I know...well a lot actually. Just not about the Jedi. I know about the Vo Ni, I know about the Sith, the Witches of Dathomir light and dark, I know about the shapers of Kro Var. I guess you could have taken my studying years as somewhat of an edgy child." she chuckled looking up at the sky as if thinking on her past, what a lie that was. There were no memories for her to be reminiscing on. Yet so much knowledge. "But it does matter to me. Every kingdom, every empire, republic, they all fall. Eventually this one will too. And maybe it'll rise again, many do that as well. And the more individuals out there spreading knowledge, the better the chances for the next generation, yes? There's little more powerful than knowledge in the right hands. I may not be some Jedi Master or Sith warrior, but I can spread the crumbs of knowledge one way or another. Adults, children, societies, everything is formed from individuals. Well, almost. So if I can influence others, in turn that'll change the future. Even in death you can influence the galaxy by what you did when you lived."

Jesin had mostly what she needed, she could probably end the conversation now, though she wasn't sure if she wanted to. She sipped from her drink still thinking. Both on what was said, and on how to push Oraada over the edge. Time would be her ally. Oraada seemed a good person, and it was through that goodness she could see shown truth.

IMG_1144.jpg

Jedi Knight​

5m5qOKV.png

kP1KTsJ.png

There was much debate over the nature of life and what it meant to live or die. Oraada put her faith in the Ashlan ideal, but there was little way to know what the truth of it was until she died herself. "Yes, indeed."

Oraada was told that Jesin's boundaries hadn't been hit quite yet, but she didn't want to accidentally hit them. It was a worry of hers to be too curious for her own good. "Even if it doesn't hurt you for it to be asked, being polite is still important." And that was all she said before allowing Jesin to explain herself.

The woman went over the philosophies of many, many Force groups. Oraada was aware that many users existed outside the bounds of the Jedi, but it was interesting to hear about those who could touch the darkness without being called Sith. Nonetheless, she smiled pleasantly and said, "Not necessarily 'edgy,' just curious. Understanding one perspective requires an understanding of the other. How can one follow the Light without knowing why some might be tempted by the Dark?"

The Togruta allowed for her conversation partner to reminisce before they dove ever-deeper into the realms of philosophy. "It is true that every civilization of the past has crumbled at some point, but does it not speak of the perseverance of spirit for them to rise again, as you have described? The Ashlan Crusade may be young, but if the root of evil can be undone... perhaps there is a chance for goodness to win this time. Yet the answers lay beyond my lifetime. Beyond my scope of vision. Ultimately, we are only pieces of a whole."

And that was how she justified her minimal role in everything. Acting as the shadow, the byproduct of everyone else's light.

kP1KTsJ.png

Jesin nodded in agreement waving her hand to the side in Oraada's response about politeness, "A fair point."

Oraada even had her own opinion to give on Jesins own account of her 'past.' Plus she made a good point, were that actually what Jesin was doing anyway. It was another reason she was suspicious of many Jedi teachings. Or light siders in general. The sith didn't shy away from knowledge, for all their issues. But the Jedi, ironically, all too often feared it.

She smiled on the final comment,
"Perhaps." she took in a breath looking to the sky and sipping her drink, the conversation was reaching a close it seemed. She almost wanted to keep it going, but there was only so much more to be said or heard she believed. "I'd be careful in such hopes though. Darkness, evil, and good as well, have ways of hiding. This world was nearly drowned to its core in darkness, for more years than any hutt empire lasted. I doubt it could be truly removed so quickly. I think the same for the rest of the galaxy." She returned her gaze to the Togruta, "Well I probably shouldn't take too much of your time, I truly appreciate you answering my questions and talking with me about this, it's been a pleasure."

Jesin reached out a hand, "Hopefully we'll meet again, regardless, good luck on your path."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom