Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fires of Justice (Lords of the Fringe)

Major Faction

Dal

Empty Promise
An enormous white dragon rumbled through the capital of the Fringe, seeking @[member="Ashin Varanin"]. He found her standing with some officers and other leaders of the Fringe such as @[member="Jared Ovmar"], overviewing the status of the Fringe military after the Invasion of Atrisia. With training from @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] and @[member="Darth Arcis"], Faenrovon could now wield the ability of comprehend speech, allowing him to converse with physical tongue.

"Karrde," the dragon's impossibly deep voice reverberated throughout the open forum. "You sent me after @[member="Shado"] upon the burning plains of Atrisia. He violated your laws, broke your commands. He must be brought to justice." Faenrovon's paralyzing yellow eyes stared Ashin full in the face. One of the eyes was clouded and glassy. "According to your own codes he has... hmmm," Faenrovon closed both eyes and recited from memory, "-Violated a lawful general order, and committed attempted murder under these three elements. 1) He had a premeditated design to kill. 2) He intended to kill or inflict great bodily harm. 3) He engaged in an act which was inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of life. I urge that he be subject to punishment as a court-martial may direct."

Those yellow eyes glittered. "He must be brought to justice and made an example of, or others will see how he walks proud, and they will no longer honor your commands, nor think you strong."

Matreya

Shado smiled from his position within the shadows of the room. Hidden within himself, all the while observing the events that unfolded thanks to the leaders of the greatest Faction of all.

"I broke rules huh?" He said as he stepped forward, "My ship and myself both arrived late, I made straight for the capital. My ship was struck down, I continued on my main set mission. How, if I bear no comlink, am I to know that my mission was for not?

"For someone whom received no command to stand down, to have an immortal beast that cannot be bested by my best abilities, sent to take him out...that's proper. That equates to what I deserve.

"I hear word all the time, of how 'Zaiden needs to die' even while I lead dominions for our faction, while I do my utmost to aid those around me. I wished to be here, to follow the one person whom backed me no matter the decision. Even when I was being tried for treason, she defended me. And again I thank you for that Admiral, while you reigned over the Sith, my life was good.
"If you all feel that I deserve punishment, Ashin knows where my homes on Dantooine and Valhalla are. That being said, I won't stay where I'm not wanted. I hope for the best for all here. Despite attacking my back when turned, you all are worthy people."

With that, the man turned and left. Never once allowing himself to waver in his Force Cloak.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Darth Arcis"]
(OOC: It's amazing when someone signs into Skype to find that as a whole the group he's with wants him dead. This is my formal resignation from the Fringe. Had a blast while I was here - for the most part.)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
OOC/ I PM'd you - you misread some of what you saw, bro.

IC/ @[member="Shado"]

The doors slammed shut in front of the invisible Master, and Ashin rose from her seat. Though she didn't shout, her voice carried through the chamber.

"Zaiden, if that is the truth from your perspective, I can do nothing but offer you the truth from my perspective. I was engaged in negotiations with the Emperor at the time. When I saw that you weren't going along with the ceasefire, I sent Faenrovon to carry my orders to you. But when my messenger arrived, you attacked him.

"Arguably, this was my fault. I could have reached out through the Force to find your mind, and carried that order to you myself. My focus was elsewhere, and I made the mistake of sending a messenger to you who you could not help but challenge. Because you're like me," she said to the invisible Dark Master. "You see a challenge, you need to tackle it. And Faenrovon, though he is weak in the Force, is invulnerable to a large number of the powers that even I could use against him. Who could resist such a fight?

"When I was Ashin Varanin, when I was Sith Empress, you were my Hand, and you've risen farther than any of my Hands since then. And you have been loyal to me across years and parsecs and every allegiance. Because of that loyalty, I believe you when you say that you did not know about the ceasefire -- but the ceasefire was still endangered, and many lives with it. Lives that I answer for. I take from you your rank as Legate, and your command over your legion. Your men will not go with you.

"But better than anyone here, despite this mistake, you have demonstrated consistency. Consistent loyalty, consistent work. And for that reason, Zaiden, I think the most appropriate solution is to bind you more tightly to our frameworks of knowledge and command.

"Be my Hand again. My personal operative, my voice. Everything you do will reflect on me, and there are processes that will let you gain a clearer and more up-to-date impression of my will than any technology. I would trust this to nobody else."

Matreya

This made Shado freeze, did he wish to continue along with those that wished death upon him? Ashin has never said she wanted him dead, in fact she had always been backing him. Turning around, Shado dropped his Force Cloak and threw the doors open and strode back inside.

Staring at Ashin for a long silent moment, he knelt in front of her, "I accept." After another long second he slowly rose and smiled, "But the question that must be asked is, if I am your Hand what form of control will I wield? I can't be expected to listen to those that wish death upon me. If I am Hand, I need to know that I report to you and you alone. That the things I need done will be done, even if I'm no longer Legate. As well, I request that being your Hand allows me my 5 most trained Legionnaire's (I've used them a lot and trained em etc.)."

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Shado"]

"You may have your squad, Zaiden, naturally. Remember how we worked when you were my Hand in the Empire. When you speak for me, carry my commands, those commands outrank anyone who is not a member of the inner council. When you act on your own initiative, for your own reasons, none of those protections apply. This role will not shield you from your mistakes, and you'll answer directly to me for them. Lord Zaiden...rise."

Matreya

Shado rose and cast his eyes to the dragon that had sought his punishment, "You and I will have our day. It will be when no laws bar it, when neither have to worry over possible repercussions." Turning back to his Empress he bowed his head, "Thank you Ashin. Your kindness is eternal." He said, he never called her by her first name due to rank and respect. But now, he was again her man, and thus felt it a right. He knew if she wished him to not call her by such, he would cease it with no hesitation.

"Arcis, I hope all fairs well in your kingdom." He said, nodding his head to his fellow ruler, "Ovmar, m'lady." Shado acknowledged both others there as well. Turning on his heel with a better bounce to his step, Shado vanished from sight, leaving the doors open behind himself.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Darth Arcis"] @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A single, silent leap took Ashin all the way across the chamber. Winterlight whispered from its sheath, and the alchemical longsword whipped a single brutal, straightforward line across the space where she knew her stealthiest of lieutenants to be. Their Force bond, strengthened by his new oath, allowed her that much. In time he could become to her what the Emperor's Will had been, or his Children.

For now, he was simply dead.

Her blade skidded through a seam in his phrik arm, shearing clear through the prosthetic within the armor. The force of her strike twisted his body around, and the phrik arm fell free, her blade slashing into his ribs. A grunt escaped her as he became visible, his arm falling away. But she was already moving for her next strike, a simple, economical Shii-Cho move that slammed Winterlight up through his rib cage. Hot blood sprayed her face.

She raised her foot high and planted it on the small of Zaiden's back as he crumpled. Blood fountained over the sword, even when it came free of his back. Without leadup, anticipation, or dramatic timing, her blade sheared his head from his shoulders.

And Zaiden exploded, as any true Dark Master would. White-hot energy, crackling lightning, and an ethereal but still wholly real shockwave slammed her back, set her clothes to smoking. When she caught her breath, all that remained of the Dark Jedi Master who had served her so long and faithfully was a battered and burnt set of prosthetics. Zaiden's blood dripped from her blade-tip in a runnel as she turned to face the room. "Leadership is a sword," she said, holding up Winterlight. "One edge is justice, one is mercy. They work best together. He will wake up soon, in a clone body that I've prepared from Soledadan technology. When he does, he'll be my instrument. I think we're finished here."

Major Faction

Dal

Empty Promise
The shockwave unsteadied Faenrovon, causing him to dig his claws into the ground. Stone cracked beneath him. Fulvous orbs moved from the Karrde's singed form to the smoking remnants of Zaiden lying upon the ground. The white dragon stomped forward until he stood over the corpse's ashy remnants. He prodded it with a claw, then snorted, causing hot fumes to rise from his nostrils.

"Hmm, mortal after all." Golden eyes darted over to Ashin, "Or perhaps not." He bowed his head, acknowledging her greatness. "An apology, Karrde. You are not what I expected. I have misjudged you," he glanced back toward the body, "but not your kind."

His tail curled around and swept the phrik pieces of Zaiden's body toward him. "I shall keep this as... compensation?" His lips split, revealing rows of enormous teeth, then a rumbling filled his throat, spilling out as raucous laughter that caused the stones to quake. "Justice indeed."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"]

Ashin wiped the blade clean on her sleeve, and sheathed it.

"There's no need to call me Karrde anymore," she said. "Not after I spilled my secrets to the entire Atrisia system. Varanin will do fine. Ashin, to my friends."

Spencer remained in the shadows, keeping her presence quiet. This was justice, but to whom? Closing her eyes she pondered the actions that had just happened after the Invasion. Sighing softly, she moved making herself known to the room. The woman still remained quiet as she stared at the dead form of the former Master of the Fringe.

"Give him respect, one flaw shouldn't remove the good he has done for us..."

Major Faction

Dal

Empty Promise
He bowed his head again toward @[member="Ashin Varanin"]. "You honor me." Giving out one's name was considered a great sign of respect among his kind. Or had been, for he was the last.

His paralyzing gaze turned on @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]. "One flaw?" Faenrovon stretched his neck until his sightless, clouded eye was inches away from Spencer's face. "I do not enjoy being marginalized, little one."

He did not appear happy.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin restrained a chuckle. "No need for offense, Faenrovon -- though I would dearly love to see a battle between someone like you and someone like my wife. But not today. Save your appetite for Omega."

Spencer didn't flinch as the large beast moved closer to her. She didn't fear him and looked up towards him with the dark tint in her sight. A soft smirk spread across her face as she like many times before allowed her force power to flow back towards the Dragon.

"I am not marginalizing you, Lord of the Sky - I'm just wishing for this situation to be finalized and dealt with. I can heal that eye of yours if you wish @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"], if not now, I can another time you know where and how to find me."

Looking towards Ashin she raised an eyebrow and retained the smirk on her face. There were other things on her mind as she always enjoyed the former Empress' display of power. Pulling her robes around her she removed herself from the room and with one final look towards Ashin, she took her leave.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Major Faction

Dal

Empty Promise
"Hmph," grunted Faenrovon, swinging his head toward Ashin, then back at @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]. He felt her power in the Force, but he would not be going 'poof' like Zaiden. "Wait. Your healing would be... welcome."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Jared had followed the proceedings in silence, his Empress had known the Sith Master better than he. As such her authority outweighed his in this situation, still he was surprised. Surprised because she showed him such mercy and then decided to end him in a matter of seconds. Neither did he know what to think about Shado's fate, he had shown kindness to him during his time at the Fringe. He had helped him during his training sessions and Jared was not used to such things, especially not from the Sith. It was not his place to question Ashin's decisions, that much was for sure. Still he could not suppress the urge to voice his qualms. "Was this justice, my Empress?" In that moment his voice sounded innocent. There was no trace of his usual commanding or soft intriguing voice. Only curiosity stayed.

In a lot of ways the Lord of the Fringe was still a young child, his sense of morality was warped by his life in the Understreets. The only life he had known was kill or be killed, watch and think only of yourself. He needed a role-model, someone who could show him how to act, for he had never had a true father or mother who watched out for him.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

"What is truth?" said Ashin rhetorically. "I've known enough heads of state, debated enough senators, and sat in enough thrones to know that justice can only be approximated. For good and bad, I gave my faithful servant what he deserved -- and what he needed. And I did so as exactly as possible. This was one instance where justice, mercy, and necessity overlapped, and I found the overlap."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom