Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Firebirds, The Phoenix's Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
d41nxs1-3b7f6fd4-5a89-48c0-8c59-88c1c534cb68.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION

[*]Description: The Firebirds are organised in a manner that suits Raptious and their own formal and combative nature. Every action within the force’s purview is purposeful and assessed for its aesthetic and slaying value. Every warrior, piece of equipment, and officer is placed in the function best suited to their strengths and proven ability, and in that field, they are expected to excel. Raptious has been recorded multiple times saying that if one was to gain recognition and go down in history as a warrior of renown, they must not only look the part and act the part, they must be the part.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Large (Nearly 10,000 derived from Darth Raptious’s personal Legionnaires)
  • Unit Availability: Unique
  • Unit Experience: Trained
  • Combat Function:
    The Firebirds employ a diverse set of tactics in battle to claim victory, relying on combined arms, and finishing the battle with a crushing assault. Interestingly, possibly inspired by their Darth, there is a clear bias to mid-close assault, with ample numbers of close ranged weaponry such as the DP-23 Shotgun, assault transports, and the like.
  • The Firebirds have grown to have a heavy reliance upon powerful gear crafted by Raptious and the Dotouki, including many war machines. These have been brought into every element of their battle planning, using them to destroy their foes.
  • The Firebirds also have a strong fleet presence, and uses this to bring subjugation to many worlds, falling upon them with a righteous wrath. For some of these worlds, namely those that have yet to expand beyond their system, besieged by dark foes from within and without, they appear as heroic angels, delivering them from a dark fate.
  • One of the Firebirds most notable tactics, as well as their rarest used in only the most secretive of operations, is the 'Maw.” This involves feigning a position of weakness, luring the enemy in closer and closer, until which point the maw is closed, and the trap is sprung. Their lines suddenly strengthen, reserves emerge from their hiding places, and reinforcements arrive.

[*]Strengths:
  • Versatile: Comprised of worthy members of the Imperial Legion, and trained vigorously in their assigned fields, the Firebirds excel at versatility, capable of fulfilling almost any role. This is believed by some to be as effective as it is due to the smaller numbers available, compared to those of the Imperial Legion proper, thus granting the members the ability to hone their skills as best they can. And while they prefer mid-close range assaults, the Firebirds are perfectly capable of combating from a distance and in space combat.
  • Well-Equipped: Every member of the Firebirds have handcrafted gear assigned to them by the Dotouki and Raptious themselves. This gear ranges from powerful Rotary Blaster Cannons to the incomparable Firebird armor, giving them a great edge in combat.
  • Peak Physicality: Because of their rigorous training and near constant deployment, despite their numbers, each member of the Firebirds is at the peak of physical prowess and can perform feats of strength and endurance one would not witness in many other units.

[*]Weaknesses:
  • Limited Number/Hard to Replace: The small number available and strict criteria to even become a Firebird means that this unit lacks the massive numbers many armies possess. This makes it extremely difficult to replace a fallen member, as only a few have a set replacement at any given time.
  • Close Ranged Preference: Tying into the above weakness, the preference to fight in close combat creates a great risk for the Firebirds, increasing their chances of dying by a considerable margin.
  • Untrustworthy: Because of their unique status and intimate ties to Darth Raptious, the Firebirds are not trusted amongst many standard Imperial Legionnaires. This is often supported by the Firebirds secrecy on numerous matters, such as their Darth’s location, their current operations, and so on.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Firebirds were developed almost immediately after Raptious developed Helgard and all its assets. Initially selected from the best of their Legionnaires at the time (a notably smaller number than current days, only standing in the hundreds as opposed to hundreds of thousands), the Firebirds initially began as the Phoenix’s wet-works, doing the missions they could not in locations they could not be seen in. These ranged from political assassinations to setting discord on planets fighting against the Empire.

Named after the greatest of these Legionnaires, Hulfan Feyr’baerd, now assigned as Kascalion Giedfield’s personal honor-guard, the Firebirds quickly rose in prominence in Raptious’s eyes who began scouting the general populous of the Imperial Legion and over the course of many years selected only those that would fit the organization and survive strict requirements.

Over the years, the Firebirds have become more and more numerous, now standing as their own micro-army lead by five generals, Kascalion Giedfield, and Darth Raptious. Against all odds do they fight, each member looking to strike their names into the history books to be known forever.

[member="Lorale Farmar"]

Okay, I like what I see but I want to make a suggestion for the sake of logic.

Lorale Farmar said:
Unit Size: Large (Nearly 200,000 derived from Darth Raptious’s personal Legionnaires)
This feels like something that seems rather contradictory of this:

Lorale Farmar said:
Limited Number/Hard to Replace: The small number available and strict criteria to even become a Firebird means that this unit lacks the massive numbers many armies possess.
I would suggest either,
  1. lower the unit size by a single 0 (digit), or,
  2. find a better way to rationalize this.
200'000 soldiers is a lot of people that would seem imply that they are in fact replaceable.

Understand, of course, that this suggestion is not binding. Would you rather not make this edit then I will gladly provide you with the trainee approval here and now.

[member="Lorale Farmar"]

I love the way you keep expanding on the lore for your planet and what can be found there :) This submission is great, just a few things that need to be edited before we can stamp it along:

This unit is Unique and Medium in size, which means the equipment they use is limited to Limited equipment or higher, as per this chart from the template:
m9iV36K.png
So the equipment needs to be Limited, Minor, or Mass-Produced. The Firebird Armor is semi-unique, so it can't be used here.

This rifle is marked as not-affiliated to TSE or the character Lorale Farmar, and is marked as Closed-Market. In order to approve this submission with it listed on the equipment list, I need proof of purchase please. This can be in the form of a link to the relevant posts in the market storefront, or have the submission's writer reply here to say they're fine with you using it here.

The Firebirds employ a diverse set of tactics in battle to claim victory, relying on combined arms, and finishing the battle with a crushing assault. Interestingly, possibly inspired by their Darth, there is a clear bias to mid-close assault, with ample numbers of close ranged weaponry such as the DP-23 Shotgun, assault transports, and the like. Often, their assaults are accompanied by guttural roars, like that of Raptious’s brother, and their main general, Kascalion Giedfield.
Please make sure the following are linked;
  • DP-21 Shotgun
  • Kascalion Giedfield (if a link to an NPC submission or a character sheet exists).

• Well-Equipped: Every member of the Firebirds have handcrafted gear assigned to them by the Dotouki and Raptious themselves. This gear ranges from powerful Rotary Blaster Cannons to the incomparable Firebird armor, giving them a great edge in combat.
Please make surethat the Rotary Blaster Cannons are hyperlinked.

[member="Amea Virou"]

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] Hello! I added the links for the shotgun and deleted the concussion rifle and Kascalion's name from the sub. The latter due to changes in character lore.

However, I do have a question. The Firebird armor was designed for the Firebirds themselves as a whole. Because of their limited numbers, I made the armor itself limited in availability, each designed individually for the person wearing it and possible replacement soldiers, and was told to change it to semi-unique per the chart requirements. Is there anyway I could change whatever's needed so the Firebirds could have their armor entirely?

Thanks!

[member=Scherezade deWinter"] Hello again! I have since fixed the issues with the availability of the Firebird Armor and am currently awaiting approval while fixing some issues with the armor ratings. However, it is now Minor! Hopefully this fixes the issue and allows me to use the armor.

Thank you so much,

[member="Lorale Farmar"] Hello there! I'm very very very sorry for taking so long to get back to you!

Even though you've edited so it fits now, I'd like to answer your original question:
However, I do have a question. The Firebird armor was designed for the Firebirds themselves as a whole. Because of their limited numbers, I made the armor itself limited in availability, each designed individually for the person wearing it and possible replacement soldiers, and was told to change it to semi-unique per the chart requirements. Is there anyway I could change whatever's needed so the Firebirds could have their armor entirely?
If the armor had remained as it were in production, you could've kept the armor by making your unit unique and small.

The chart that I pasted in my previous response explains what the limitations for every squad size/availability combos are - all combos can use Mass Produced, but not everyone can use Unique or Semi Unique items. The productions listed are the narrowest the squad can use based on its size and availability.

Other than that, I see the edits you've made and it all works perfectly now. Thank you very much for taking the time to work with me here!

Approved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom