Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fate of Hion

@[member="Yusan Fenn"], @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], @[member="Carn Dista"], @[member="Daella Apparine"], @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]​

Following Darth Orcus' return to the Republic, he quickly filed criminal charges against the Jedi Order for attempted murder and listed the names of those involved. They were: Daella Apparine, Diana Moridena, Carn Dista, Tracyn Ordo, Joshua Dragonsflame, and @[member="Sochi Ru"]. Following his report, an investigation was begun to get to the bottom of the issue. Orcus gave his account of the situation. How a padawan attempted to murder him and he killed the boy in self-defense. How he refused to be taken into unlawful Jedi custody. How the Jedi then attempted to murder him. And finally how he fled the planet out of fear for his life.

Coruscanti Security held him under temporary confinement, but released him after he gave them the Vice Chancellor's letter of pardon. It was not an entirely official document of course, but it removed the suspicion from Orcus and onto the Jedi Order, whom many blamed for the costly wars of recent memory.

Officer Karmac of CorSec, a Bothan man, arrived at the Jedi Temple with a warrant to obtain copies of the Jedi holofeeds of the incident.

Askrut Fey'ra

A
Officer Karmac was met at the entrance by a meditating padawan, who simply smiled as the Bothan approached. He could we what this ment. The Jedi had seen this before, with the second Galactic Civil war. No matter what came of this, Askrut would still be him. A different name, perhaps, a different order, a different master, but he was who he was, the kind-hearted healer. O'reen had been a shock to him. So much death, caused by the ones he called brothers. It was what he struggled with. And so when the Bothan officer, which would make more sense on Bothuwai, came, he smiled at the man and said, "How do you do, sir?"
@[member="Hion the Herglic"]

Yusan read the report and tapped his fingers on the table infront of him, he was in his new home, trying to stay as close to the original home as possible as those people had become his family. "Well, it seems things are becoming increasingly interesting, and possibly going to take a turn for the worse..." Yusan thought to himself before powering down the datapad and heading for the door and pulling cloak around his dark jedi like robes.

-Twenty minutes later-

"I see youve been busy Hion..." Yusan entered the same room as the titan and took a seat in an open chair, his hands crossed over his leg as he sat there. "... So you really are going through with bringing Jedi to court, you do realize how foolish of a notion this is, right?" @[member="Hion the Herglic"]

Coruscant officials had already been notified of the incident. The Jedi fully cooperated with them just after @[member="Hion the Herglic"]'s fall to the dark side.

When Karmac was met at the Jedi Temple by @[member="Askrut Fey'ra"], he asked for a representative in order to convey a message. He did not answer the Jedi's question - not even to say a simple, "Good." He just stroke the fur at his chin as he waited.

Just several minutes passed before Karmac was met by Daella. The officer handed the Jedi Councilor the unofficial warrants.

"These were just filed - or attempted to," claimed Karmac, "They will never be approved, even if we already have everything on the document."

Daella silently examined the documents. Karmac then continued with, "They came from someone wanted for the murder of a Jedi. Some legal jumbo just came from officials of the Vice Chancellor about him being pardoned, but..."

Pausing his sentence, Karmac took out a holocomm that projected Hion's face as well as some criminal information. He then said, "We've just got an official notice from @[member="Jack Harkness"] to assist the Jedi in bringing him into your custody."

After a few minutes of looking at the hologram, Daella looked up to Karmac and asked, "When will you be ready?"

Thus, the Jedi and Republic prepared to nip the issue of Hion the Herglic in the bud.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Daella Apparine"]

"I stand for justice, despite what others think," said Orcus. He sat in the middle of his apartment, eyes closed, in a state of meditation. "They come for me, Yusan. I can feel it in the Force. A great many of them... this may be the last you see of me alive."

Outside the apartment complex, half-a-dozen news crews were gathering. News crews which Orcus had alerted to the possibility of an impending confrontation. The Herglic stood. "I am transmitting a live data stream of this to the most important rulers in the galaxy. @[member="Ashin Varanin"], @[member="Isley Verd"], @[member="Ayden Cater"], among others. They will see what justice the Republic has to offer. Or lack thereof." Orcus' datapad chimed. He pulled it out from his robe of deep black. "Hauum, interesting. Apparently, the Jedi consider your pardon to be worthless, Yusan." Orcus moved toward the extra-large doorframe that permitted his frame passage and beckoned for Yusan to follow. "Come, I wish you to witness this."

"I dont remembering pardoning you, i was only able to give you partial protection diplomatically, and i really had no power in the beginning to back that without my own forces. Heck, you picked a bad time to come here after i already gave everything of worth or power to another ally, if you plan to escape this without death or a nice bath in carbonite or a life time sentence of jailing." He pulled the hood of his cloak as tight as possible so that there was no way for the media to see his face as he followed Hion. "I suggest you run to another court, i can give you several locations but you must realize that no one will support you, no one that has actual power." @[member="Hion the Herglic"] @[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Askrut Fey'ra"]

Orcus' eyes looked sad as he moved down the extra large stairs. "Hauum, I am sorry, friend, to have caused you such trouble. I expect it to be over soon."

They emerged from the complex and onto the terrace where the news crews were gathered. Orcus nodded to Yusan. "It seems you do not wish to be seen with me. I would have you watch to see what our Republic does, if you will. But I will sit... here. Hauum."

The Herglic promptly sat down in the middle of the terrace in full view of the news crew, waiting for the arrival of the Jedi.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Yusan laughed and shook his head, "They already know it is me, i just am not a friend of the cameras." He crossed his hands behind him and under the cloak, he would wait next to @[member="Hion the Herglic"] until the Jedi arrived as well, his voice continuing on as he stood there. "And dont worry about being sorry, the mere fact that you are proves that you are not completely gone to madness, or is compassion and feeling sorry now indicators of the Darkside and insanity?" He smiled and looked at the man, it was ironic, in all truth he thought this would be the reverse, the leaders of the republic waiting for their day at the feet of the Empire and not this.

Ayden never got a notification of a live stream. Thousands attempted to directly communicate with him hourly and he hadn't the time or patience to go through all the drivel that was sent to him. The vast majority of it got flagged and deleted on the spot. The rare few messages that appeared legitimate were forwarded to a number of secretaries who screened them. The ones that actually required the attention of the Lord Protector were put into appointment slots. The rest were forwarded to the appropriate levels of Protectorate government. In this case, the attempted live stream was flagged as potentially hazardous and promptly severed. Its hosting computer was flagged as a potential source of harm and blocked from future access attempts.

In the meantime, Ayden continued to smoke his cigar and mull over a number of top secret projects with a smile.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana once again accompanied her blonde bladesister, wearing her custom made armor, sans helmet. Her eyes appeared almost listless as she saw the holographic projection of Hion, her face only contorting in a slight frown. She looked at the hologram, her eyes seeming to bore into the whale like creatures skull, as if she was trying to subdue him by simply staring at a projection of him. From the look in her eyes, it may very well have worked.

Diana remembered that face well, the face of a traitor, of a monster, of a Sith. She remembered that day in the temple too, how Hion had escaped before she could bring him to justice with Tyrfing. The frown on her face deepened.

This time things would be different, Hion would be brought to his knee's and he would be made to pay for his crimes against the Jedi and The Republic. Diana herself would see to it that he was thrown into the Pit and left to rot inside of a force cage for the rest of his life. It was not vengeance she was after, but justice.

“When you approach him, be cautious. He is a Sith Lord, not to be underestimated.” She stressed her words but otherwise made no move to do anything. She would let her bladesister deal with this, until it was time to bring down the hammer, the hammer of justice.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Nobody had called Ashin in years. Nobody fething dared. Mostly, such communiques went directly to her immediate subordinates, her staff, or the High Council.

Suffice it to say, the resulting volume of traffic was small enough to be handled by a droid answering machine. It was, however, unable to reach her. She was off doing really important things, things you wouldn't believe if I told you.

When she returned, she would find her answering machine most distressed. Most. Distressed.

Carn Dista

C
Upon getting wind of this, Carn wondered why Yusan had been foolish enough to grant temporary diplomatic immunity in the first place. Still. He promptly gathered up his lightsaber, and made his way to the hangar bay located within the Temple.

By commslink he contacted any Jedi heading to the Herglic's location:

"This is councillor Dista. En route to what is likely to be a shambolic affair wherein our fallen brother displays a childlike attitude, and further gives himself to the Dark side. Requesting all Jedi to make their presence known over this comms channel prior to engaging. Also, in no way is this to be handled in an unorthodox manner. This be done by the books - the Republic is watching, and there's no need to paint the Order in a negative light by being too quick to draw blade. You are to consider that a direct order until the Grandmaster states otherwise."

With both request and orders given to any Jedi heading to the location Hion was at, Carn stepped forth into his personal dropship. It was an open sided vehicle, and he had quite taken to feeling the rush of the wind through his robes while being transported from A to B.

@[member="Hion the Herglic"]@[member="Askrut Fey'ra"]@[member="Yusan Fenn"]@[member="Daella Apparine"]@[member="Diana Moridena"]@[member="Diana Moridena"]

"We would know best, Yusan," Orcus' deep voice boomed. The hurricane of emotions inside him raged. Anger at the Jedi. Sorrow for the lives they had cost. And pain. So. Much. Pain. The rivers of his blood ran thick with the venom of the Orbalisks. His robes concealed the parasites which covered his body. "We feel more deeply than the Jedi ever could. They think they do what is right. Hauum. They simply go about it the wrong way. In their blind quest for 'justice' any who get in their way are deemed heretics, or Dark Siders, or oppressors of freedom. Then they are eradicated. So devoted are they to their cause that they cannot see their own hypocrisy. Those that do and question it are silenced."

"I have come to realize something, Yusan, hauum. Something important, I think. Light or Dark, it does not matter. The Force does not corrupt us. Our own nature corrupts us. We are all subject to our own shortcomings. We must either overcome or fall. Jedi, Sith. It makes no difference what you call yourself. Your actions must be pure. Your actions must be for the good."

Orcus could hear the engines of the approaching dropship.

"But if your actions are done out of hatred for another's creed, fear of another's beliefs... these actions cannot be good. Hauum. And no matter what you call yourself, you will have a day of judgement."

The Herglic submerged himself beneath the Dark Ocean. The waves and currents of the Force pounded and pulled at him, but he remained rooted, affixed by the aphotic hurricane whirling and tumbling within him. It tore at his mind and ripped away his sanity bit by bit, but if that was the cost of clarity he would bear it. He would not fall into blindness as the Jedi had.

Orcus began to hum a sad tune, a lament for those lost to the sea.

@Askrut Fey'ra @Yusan Fenn @Daella Apparine @Diana Moridena @Diana Moridena @[member="Carn Dista"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Alachei could not quite fathom where her investment came on the part of the one she saw, but before the holofeed was cut and censored, she had seen the one they called @[member="Hion the Herglic"]. Alachei was a great many things in this life and would likely carry on to be those even greater in the next, but after the events of earlier in the week, she had a fairly narrow view of the greater part of the Galactic Republic. She had known of the invasions, and the war, and all the slaughter in the name of some unfathomable crusade for the Light. From personal experience, all they wanted to do was berate, attack or accuse anyone who was not themselves, and infighting or bias seemed like a common enough occurrence. If only for that, she could sympathize.

The sounds of dropships drawing nigh were not the Jedi, but that of her own. It landed just close enough outside to where she could gain access, and no one was going to question one of her rank and stature; especially not her own kin.
"Hion...." Her gentle but rather deep voice, akin to Ivy's, resounded as she entered cloaked in her regal robe and underneath, her saberstaves and regular sorcery attire. "I have heard about you and your... struggles. I sympathize with your position, though that is all. I am here to see that you are given a fair trial and fair representation. Nothing more. Nothing less...."
Only an act of Ri'ess herself was going to get in the way of due process, and Alachei was there to see that through. The Jedi were old, yet in comparison to her kind and the entirety of the galaxy, they were young. Principles could be refined over tens thousands of years, but people - so short-lived they were in retrospect - could not. It would be mistaken to assume Alachei was there as a friend or a delegate, but she was there for the true light and the order of balance. None, really, had ever questioned why her eyes were so flaring and purple, and none could ever really fathom but the Force itself which grant her that awkward responsibility. One need only look to why she almost never fought, managed her battles without blood, or merely take one humble look deep into her eyes.
Hion....

Edit: Chaaaa, you SOB, you changed the title after I posted. >_> Whyyyy...... XD

Yusan looked from @[member="Hion the Herglic"] while he spoke to @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"] as she appeared out of no where and spoke. Yusan himself bowed to the queen for a few seconds before straightening up and smiling while his hood hid his face from all but the two infront of him, it was as he said, the reporters knew he was there, but there was no need to have his face plastered over the holonet. "Miss Mnemenos, i would like to welcome you to this... interesting event, i am surprised to actually see someone else semi support Hion here... speaking of which, the Jedi seem to be getting closer, please do not do anything that will make the situation worse Hion. By that i mean, unless they strike first please refrain from violence, Coruscant has seen enough damage and i need to make sure things are as safe as possible now in this section of the city. @AlldeJediandothers

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Hion the Herglic"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]
The Lord Protector may have been too busy to watch the news but it was much easier for a lower Observer, especially when he could conduct all his duties wireless in his mind, it made multitasking so much simpler.

Inside his Observer's Office on Abregado-Rae,
HK stood in front of a rather smaller holo-screen, the droid didn't really care much for huge wall-sized screens, he only needed what was efficient and what did the job. He wore his usual Jedi robes, the screen slightly illuminating his form and a portion of otherwise completely dark room. He didn't had any need for additional light after all, the light blue light of the screen mixed with the dull red glow of his photoreceptors.

The droid watched silently, his arms folded behind his back, smoothing his robes slightly as he calculated to himself the events and recorded them.
The Jedi were in trouble already, more conquerors than defenders, and how they handled today was just one of the trials they were to face in the nearby future. It's easy to hold a lightsaber, learn few tricks with the Force, and don the robes of a Jedi, it's harder to follow their teachings and codes during the tumbles and whirls of life and everything it can throw at someone. To HK it felt rather disturbing that a droid was sometimes acting as more of a Jedi than actual Jedi, but he remained hopeful and watchful, it seemed they have seen the errors in their ways. But will they try to correct their paths and calculations? Time and trials such as this would only tell.

Right now he only watched the scene, Darth Orcus sitting simply, humming sadly, some robed figure the droid didn't recognize next to him, and finally the first of the Jedi, Alachei Mnemenos who droid didn't recognized either or really knew anything about, showed up. He nodded slightly as her words were broadcasted by all the media and newscasters nearby.
Good,
The droid taught to himself.
Let us see how much the Jedi of this time remember the old tenants of their orders, a Jedi will not kill an unarmed opponent, a Jedi will not take revenge, a Jedi does not cling to the past.
He calculated bit more, referring to the knowledge of the Jedi tenants from his time among them, it was those tenants and the code that he tried to follow now more than ever. The droid began to forsaking his violent ways among the battles, adopting a more pacifist tactics, it was rather difficult to do, but nobody said following Jedi teachings would be easy.

As for Orcus himself,
The droid did feel bad, he would even offer him temporary sanctuary but he had no pull with the Republic and right now the being didn't had any means of escaping to Abregado-Rae. HK only hoped that there would be justice done on both parts, as much on the Jedi as on Orcus.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="HK-36"@[member="Yusan Fenn"]@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]@[member="Hion the Herglic"]@[member="Isley Verd"]@[member="Ashin Varanin"]@[member="Diana Moridena"]@[member="Ayden Cater"]@[member="Daella Apparine"]@[member="Askrut Fey'ra"]

Carn's dropship made its final approach, pausing just long enough to deposit the master of the order onto the walkway that would take him straight to Hion, and whoever else might be waiting. The holomedia saw his approach, yet they knew better than to get in the way of a Jedi - especially when there was something like this going down.

Carn strode forth.

With a light wave of his hand, the doors to the building moved to an open position, so as not to hinder his progress. Upon entering, the stern faced Master saw three individuals of note: Yuusan fenn, the Vice Chancellor who's misguided gift of diplomatic immunity had caused this particular mess, Alachei Mnemenos, who he had met but once before and most likely left a heavy impression on, and Hion himself. The Herglic. While once, Carn intended to help the fallen Jedi back to a place of redemption, he no longer found it in him to offer such a thing. No. Instead they had been whittled down to two immediate options: Justice by way of Republic Court, or justice by way of lightsaber. The irony of the ultimatum was not lost on him - it was an absolute, one that would undoubtedly be compared to that of the Sith by someone who enjoyed picking at a beings actions. Still, he put the thought out of his mind for now.

Duty called.

And Carn answered.

"Vice Chancellor. As I'm certain you are aware, your offer of diplomatic protection for Hion has fallen through. I ask you, and miss Mnemenos to stand aside. With the "pleasantries" over and done with, Carn turned his head towards the main attraction at seaworld the Herglic that had caused so much strife as of late.

"Hion. For your crimes and for your actions during recent months, you have proven yourself a traitor to both the Republic, and the Jedi. You have abandoned your brothers, stranded your sisters, and above those, you have aided the Sith Empire against the Republic during the recent war. However, what pains me most about all of this, is that you have not only fallen to the darkside, but plainly forsaken every oath you took as a Jedi in your mission to create peace. In honesty, it is with no joy that I say this. And it is with no joy that I carry out my duty." He paused for a moment, letting the reasons for his presence here settle into the minds of those present. What came next was inevitable...

"Hion. You are, from this moment, formally under arrest. I advise you to come quietly and hand yourself over to the Republic Courts, so that justice may be served for those you have harmed or wronged by your actions. If you do not, then you will force me to act. I do not need to tell you what that means. The decision is yours. Choose the right one."]

Carn allowed his hands to brush his robe to the side slightly, so that he could reach for his saber if Hion chose the path of anger, as opposed to submitting himself to the legal process.

]
Not sure how you want to go about this, fishbro. If it's combat, then should Carn be unable to disarm, or bring you down, then he will go for the kill. Naturally I don't want to push you into anything OOC, so if it comes down to combat then we should really get communicating so as not to cause needless arguments or confusion. :)

@[member="HK-36"] @Yusan Fenn @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"] @[member="Hion the Herglic"] @[member="Isley Verd"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Askrut Fey'ra"]
(Will get a full post done later, noticed Carn's links didnt link because of spacing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom