Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Fallow Ground & the Sower

Writers: Quill Kaohal Quill Kaohal Jairdain Jairdain

It was a perfectly normal day for Quill. Valera, his mother was preparing food for their usual morning meal, and then it would be off to the fields for training. Quill smirked mischievously, his mother was a stickler for him keeping on his training, he just wished they would get out more, but anytime he asked she would quickly put the notion down and explain that due to something at a planet he’d never even got to see, they had to lay low until some “family drama” settled down ~ whatever the kriff that meant. He chuckled, mother never liked him using fowl language, BUT - it was his mind and if he wanted to say kriff he could.

“I heard that little cub..... and no, I don’t need to read your mind to know your thinking, about something you shouldn’t, be saying.” Valera smirked at Quill, admiring her sons gentle features, as her arms would stretch out. Quill came hurrying over to her and allowed the woman to embrace him in a hug, and then his favorite part as their foreheads came together, noses touching as a deep and mutual feeling of love was known. She spoke, in a soft tone. “ I love you my light, no matter how far, no matter the trouble, remember ~ you ~ you are the best of the Kaohal Clan, and I will always be here to help keep you anchored when the sea becomes turbulent. I am so -.....” Her eyes narrowed as her nose and ears twitched, head raising... How?... Why?... I left no trace. Valera did her best not to panic, but the familial bond between mother and son was hard to block strong emotions, and right now Quill felt anger, hatred and a deep dread, dread for his safety. She put her hands to his face, and spoke quickly, sternly. “Don’t argue, don’t fight. Hide little one until I find you. Do you understand?” He nodded. Yes mother.”

Quill broke loose as he ran as fast as his two legs could carry him, diving for a fallen tree, sliding and hiding within its shelter. All he could hear was his labored breathing, but the forest was quiet ~ deathly quiet. What is mother worried about? Who is she hiding from? He could help her with whatever was coming knew he cou—..... he thoughts where cut short, very short as he heard blaster fire and explosions taking place. He reached out, his breath now accelerating, trying to sense his mother’s presence, but something... something else seemed to overwhelm the area; it was dark, and unfriendly. Quill heard snarling, mother had phased ~ snarling, guttural and visceral sounds emanating as the forest once again broke into silence until - it was like a hot knife tore into his chest, a breaking, a shattering of a emotional bond ~ a howl, a scream of a wolf taking its last breath was heard and his mother’s presence ceased to be. No.... n-no.... Tears, flooding tears poured from his eyes as his hands quickly came to try to hold them at bay. No!.... mom.... Words trying to form from his mouth, but nothing came. Don’t leave me mom.... Mom... Anger, rage unyielding began to boil and bubble from a well that had depths unknown, the young Quill stood, looking in the direction he had run from. His fists tightened as he began to move the bricks that were now feet, Move he uttered in his mind, Move!.... fear gripping his chest as he allowed the anger and loss to push forward to push the fear back. He came to the back to the clearing as bodies would be seen, limbs strewn across their camp, and in the middle, a dark figure standing over a lifeless wolven corpse. His eyes widened in horror. Loathsome and enraged tears poured down, words forming and rolling out from his mouth. “Mother! Wake up! Get up!” But he knew the painful truth.

The man, who’s features where indistinguishable turned slightly, his foul presence clashing with Quills. He spoke, a voice as fowl as his presence, the words clawing their way out from his mouth
Well, the Vius council left you out... she did well to hide you, but in the end her efforts to hide you failed. You should have stayed hidden because now in the end, I’ll kill you, just... like.... her. He let out a small, and unamused chuckled. Those words echoed in Quills mind; I killed her... I killed her.... I killed her.... The man would begin to speak again; only to be cut off feet abruptly as a loud, and ear piercing baritone force scream of sheer rage and loss would be heard from Quill as the force emanated him. The forest shook with the rage ran unhindered from Quill; The mans hands, moving to his ears as he starred with pure contempt for the boy, unable to move, moving to his knees - being immobilized by a child, and again to his chagrin, Quills normally soft and gentle green eyes focused on the man, his hand moving back and almost pushing against some unknown wall, let out a massive force repulse towards the man, terrain tearing and shattering as it engulfed the man sending him through several feet away.

Quill dropped to his knees, bawling as he screamed, his rage fleeting now only immense sorrow, and exhaustion overtaking him now. Why? How? Words unable to form and his mind unable to process. His mind wasn’t alert, or even ready as the silence broke, the sound of crackling force lightning would be heard and as it happened all Quill could manage to do was to raise his right hand as the lightning overtook him and sent him flying back, a loud and harsh
CrAcK overtaking his senses as he slumped against a tree. Standing, disoriented, he saw the man moving towards him, barely processing the awful words spewing from his mouth as he took off in a full sprint through the forest.

“HELP ME!” The young Gurlanin screamed, his voice cracking as he ran, blood moving down his brow as he cried out again. The dark figure was catching up, he had to move faster. His breathing sped up, his headache got worse as his whole body contorted. He jumped, his clothes spontaneously breaking off him as a large ivory wolf now ran across the terrain. He ran, he ran as far and as fast as his legs could until he came to a clearing and physically stopped, panting, the flight or fight mammalian instinct predominate as he collapsed out of sheer fatigue. Was the man behind him? Was he going to die too? Mother... why?... and then, blackness.

Last edited:
This world had been her home off and on for several years. However, it wasn't until pretty recently in her life that she had actually taken to living on Kashyyyk. The Silver Jedi called it home and each Jedi had at least a room here to live in if they wished. Not only had she decided to do this, but she lived with her husband and children in a home large enough for all of them. Thankfully, they didn't have to pay for the home as these were given freely to them.

Something she really had not yet found the time to do was touch nature. All around her were the people she called friends, family, and allies. She could touch them easily, but she was losing touch with nature being here. As with life, there was light and dark here. Jairdain walked a neutral path but was accepted as a Jedi Master. Nobody questioned that about her.

Taking the time today to reestablish contact with the wilds around her, she traveled below to the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk. Trees blocked most of the light from above and that was how the Shadowlands got their name. In the dark, under the trees was all sorts of life. Plants and animals. Creatures and critters, both friendly and dangerous. With her abilities with the natural world though, Jairdain was confident she would be safe.

Lowering herself to the ground, she had left a note behind indicating where she had gone. It was just a precaution in case something did happen to her. Plans could go awry and she might not actually be where she indicated she would be. Life and death surrounded the woman and she sat with her eyes closed on the floor of the great forest.

Even though she could sense what was natural down here, she could also tell when something was amiss. A few miles from her, she heard the muffled scream of something and the Force spoke to her. That wasn't meant to happen. Coming out of her light meditation quickly, she used the Force to fade. Using it to see where she was going, she made the journey to the location very quickly. What might have taken another person a couple of hours to accomplish, only took Jairdain about twenty minutes. It was about nineteen minutes too long.

Any confrontation that had happened was long over, but it was clear this had been a safe haven in the Shadowlands. Whoever had established this area was gone and the creatures had started to move in. On the other hand, maybe it was the dark person that drew them. Whichever it was, Jairdain was here for a reason.

A child screamed and then changed into what looked like a white wolf and ran off. Reaching out with the Force, Jairdain sensed there were larger animals on the move. She could touch their minds and this is exactly what she did. Before the man in the clearing could try and go after the child, several growls could be heard coming from around him.

Out of the shadows, many creatures crawled out. Sharp claws and fangs reached out of the darkness and a large terentatek lunged out. It was followed by a few smaller animals that were just as deadly in different ways. At the moment, she was confident they would take care of the man and she ran after the child.

He had left her a clear trail to follow and she found him passed out in the middle of another clearing. If that was something that could describe this small area where the trees did not grow so close together. Setting up a barrier around the two of them, she would wait until he woke up to try and move him.

Quill Kaohal Quill Kaohal

Quill awoke, his eyes slowly opening as he asked himself where, why.... questions flooding in as he then remembered it all, a deep guttural growl would be heard as his body, began to shift around. He was trapped, no — he was... safe? He felt her presence[ Jairdain Jairdain ]... a woman, it wasn’t the man, and in fact now that he thought about it, he couldn’t sense the man anywhere. His growl ceased as his vibrant emerald eyes landed and made contact with hers. He lowered his head near her lap, as he let out a whimper.... and reaching out telepathically he spoke.

“I — who are you? Why are you helping me?” His tone indicated he wished the latter had happened, that he was dead, rage now rising up within him, boiling to the surface. “She’s dead... and it’s his fault! She’s never coming back!” He spoke now, charged with emotion. He darted up quickly, as another loud growl emerged from his snout, as he bore his teeth, slamming angrily into the barrier. “I’ll kill him! Let me out!” He slammed into the barrier again as the force began to move through his already fatigued body, and then, he collapsed again, his limp body hitting the dirt floor of the jungle. Emotional worn, mental exhausted and physically pushed because of the head injury sustained earlier, dried blood on his head seen as he let out a low, and to all animals, and non alike, a stomach wrenching howl, filled with sorrow and longing. “Mom.....”

There had a point in her own life when she felt something similar to what this boy was about to go through. She hadn't been on her world when it was destroyed, but she had felt the death of her people there, including her parents. Much like Quill, there hadn't been anything Jairdain could have done to prevent it from happening. Even now, she wasn't sure what had killed her world. At least, this child knew.

It wouldn't take long for the wolf to wake up and realize he was safe. Soon enough he did just that and started questioning her before reality hit him like a brick wall. He was already worn out from his run and wasn't going to get far on his own in his current condition.

Right now, all the Master could do was contain him in the barrier. If he was thinking properly, then she would have let him out. As it was all she did was wait for him to stop fighting her. Eventually, he let out a tremendous howl and fell back to the ground crying.

Not yet reaching out to touch him physically, she sat down near to him and indicated he was welcome to move over to her...if he wanted and was able to. A sense of calming and comforting would emanate from her. Since he had sent the mental messages to her, he was sentient. Though she wasn't touching him physically, she could still heal him.

Searching his body for damage, she found the wound on his head. Reaching out with the Force, she would attempt to start healing that injury on him.

I am Jairdain Ismet. I am helping because I want to and you need it.

This was all she said to him mentally as they rested inside of her barrier.

Quill felt warmth flow from the top of his head, to the pads of his paws as he felt the tender touch of Jairdain Jairdain through the force. Something about her, resonated and immediately made him feel as if something about them was shared. His emerald eyes found hers as he looked up, his wolverine form scooting over as his head then rested on top of her legs. He remained silent as she continued to heal him and the pain virtually subsided within his head, he was tired, and found himself in a uncomfortable position. He was homeless, motherless, and unknowing of what to do next ~ that was the thing, his mother had always planned ahead for them both as he was not considered of age yet in his culture, and the life they had lived ~ he had been in no rush to “grow up” or leave his nest. His head lifted up as he looked at her; his large form intimidating to some, but to her it would just seem like a lost pup. “Thank you Jairdain, I am Quill Kaohal, thank you for your help, I am grateful.” He let out a small whine as he looked down, the wind blowing slightly as it ruffled his ivory fur. His breathing was rhythmic, he was definitely calming down. His head lifted up again as he spoke through the force “My people are called Gurlanins. I mean you no deception by not appearing as a humanoid, but to do so would be bearing my shame towards a non-native. Could you by chance accompany me back to my camp? I would feel safer with your company....” He paused hesitantly “ I, um—.... suppose I’ll need to say goodbye to my mother.” Goodbye. What bittersweet and stopping words those were to Quill. Never in a million years did he picture this happening - but here he was. Quill shakily stood, the young wolf standing around half of Jairs height. He looked off a ways, then back another and all the time sniffing would be heard. He fixed on a direction in the tree line. “My mother’s scent ends up ahead this way, along with the smell of blood....” He looked towards her, head slightly bowed and motioning towards his back. For Quill, this was no whimsical gesture, for one to mount and ride a Gurlanin, it was considered personal, intimate and an honor; but he also knew the walk back was a bit of a ways, and it was he least he could do for the one that helped to heal and protect him.

Maybe it was her healing, but Jairdain was almost positive his choice to move closer had more to do with her not attacking him or showing any fear. When he put his head in her lap, one of her hands rested lightly on it and this touch provided her a greater ability to finish healing him. Once that was finished and she knew he felt better, she removed her hand to allow him to lift his head.

His mental communication was as clear as day to somebody with sight and she smiled. Having already told him her name, he returned with his and gave her some additional information. She had been in the Galaxy now for a while and knew of his race. Accepting what he said, she could tell he was still quite sad. This was entirely understandable and she offered him acceptance and patience.

Say goodbye to her physical form, but she lives on in the Force.

When her world had been destroyed and all the people died, she had cried for what felt like days. In a way, it surprised her just how well Quill was taking the death of his mother. He did seem lost and she understood that. Allowing him to stand up, if he needed it, she would have caught him with the Force to keep him from falling. Once the shaking in his body stopped, she would release her active hold on the Force.

Turning in the direction they had come from, she nodded. As soon as she had let go of the Force, the barrier had fallen. She was positive the boy wasn't going to go run blindly through the forest again. Picking up on his desire, it seemed he wanted to give her the honor of riding his back. He had lost his mother and the connection he had with her. With Jairdain being here now, he sought to connect to her in a similar manner.

Nodding in acceptance, she climbed on his back. Provided he would be able to continue carrying her, she would remain there until he reached their destination.

How do you treat your dead? If you help with anything to prepare her, tell me. I will do what I can, Quill.

Quill felt Jairdain Jairdain climb onto his back, the weight of her was familiar and comforting as he began to walk forward, Jair now asking the question pertaining to his mother’s burial. He was silent for a while as they walked and his voice would be heard in her head << We burn our dead, and carry the ash to the Elder Trees on Quilura... but it is impossible for me to do so... >> He let out a grunted snarl as his body would be felt tensing up — << I want to give her proper burial, but — in substitution of the Elder Trees I will bury her ashes along the trunks of the trees here... >>

The journey across the forest continued — a few curious creatures crossing their paths every so often, only to be scared away as Quill would intimidate them away. He was hurting, and in this form it showed through his dominate animal instincts, he was a true apex predator... but did this resemble the boy beneath the surface?

Sometime passed before he spoke again
<< Do you live here in the lower lands?... We came here due to the elusive nature of the forest... >> He stopped, now staring at the campsite << Not elusive enough >> It was torn apart, most of the bodies gone, but in the clearing was his mother’s body, no longer in her wolven form, but a beautiful woman, dark hair, and full of youth — Quill spoke << I need to phase, I’ll go to my tent, grab clothes and change, then we can begin. >>

Some people might think it odd there was very little sound going on between Jairdain and Quill, but that was far from the case. The two of them might be silent, but they were having a rather deep conversation mentally. This was something Jairdain excelled at and it was clear he was too.

Listening to his answer was no issue for the Jedi and he might sense her mental nod. She had an idea but would wait to propose it. Attempting to calm him down again, she sent him soothing emotions. It was about the only thing she could really do at the moment. His grief was something unique to him and she would help him how she could. It was up to him if he accepted it or not.

He growled at some of the creatures that approached them as he carried her to where he had lived his life. Their walk was a comfortable one and he never showed any signs of physical weakness. Just before they reached his destroyed home, he asked if she lived down on the ground.

No, I was down here getting in touch with nature. I live above the trees.

Arriving at the camp, Quill stopped and she climbed off of his back. Through the Force, she saw the outlines of what had been his home. Her attention locked on the body of a woman resting on the ground. The healer within her knew there was no life present any longer. Giving him a nod, he probably saw it in the darkness around them.

As he left to change, she would start cleaning up the mess that was left behind.

Jairdain Jairdain

His paws hit the ground as he slowly made his way over to the mangled tent that used to be his. His green emerald eyes caught his clothing as he bowed his canine head and picked them up. He walked over to a more secluded spot as with a sickening crack he would phase back to his human form. Bare, and knelt over his breathing was hitched as he took a second to regain his composure. He began to put his clothing on as he lifted his hand up, gazing upon it as his mind drifted back to the moments prior... he wouldn’t fail again, he wouldn’t freeze again — he would not falter. His mother was dead, and he blamed the man in black — but also blamed himself. He had not been strong like his uncle, he had not been fearless like his mother — never... again. His fist tightened.

~ A disturbance in the force ~

His hand was held out as a black katana sword would fly by Jair and straight into Quills hand. Light shone through the tree canopy — a young boy in appearance stood, clothing on, fierce emerald green eyes staring her way, almost past her as the wind blew his spike ivory hair slightly; strands dancing around his head as he moved the sword up and rested it on his shoulder.
“Jair — I’ve got to finish this.” His voice rang through the forest, the place now seeming almost on a precipice... as his eyes now locked on the man in black who stood in the distance, the fresh smell of blood dancing in Quills nostrils. “It’s a shame they didn’t tear you to pieces, it would be more merciful than what I have planned for you... I won’t be running again this time. It seems.. that, I found my.... resolve?” His tone was harsh, his eyes shimmered with loathing— the boy now standing before Jair totally different than the one hours, minutes, seconds ago, he meant utter business. The air began to grow cold, his breath now seen as he drew very life from the area around him and began channeling the energy.

His sword raised, wind picking up ominously through the forest as he stoically spoke, almost as if speaking to the sword.
“Daku Kurou — ... roar.” Another disturbance would be felt, a dark and ancient one to any force user around as the sword began to hum and glow around its edges. The man in black, stepped forward, but then stepped back as he looked at the young man; this was not the prey he had hunted earlier. “What are you... you are not the same boy earlier.... how is this possible!?!?”

Quills body tensed for a spilt second as the force channeled through his body, and then, he blurred out of sight as the terrain tore and shredded, the speed of his force Speed closing the gap. The man in black took a step back, startled, fear seen not in his masked face, but body as there Quill stood in front of him — just behind Jair as he spoke “You had numbers earlier to make you strong — your a coward. You killed her... Let me show you what happens when you corner a predator, when you come after a Kaohal.” His hand moved, still aided by the force as he struck the man with an upwards hilt uppercut as a sickening crack would be heard, the man rising upwards as Quill rotated three-sixty and slashed, the energy in the sword releasing as a scream would be heard from the man, a light and massive force repulse kicking up as the man blew through tree and rock. The dust and debris would settle... the man seen now several meters away, dead in his own twisted and mangled pool of fluids. He rested the sword on his shoulder again, his head drooped downwards as tears dropped on the ground. “Damn you....”

He turned, footsteps moving towards Jair, then past as he sheathed his sword on his hip with a metallic ‘chink’... and he fell down in front of his mother as he looked at her, hand on her eyes as he spoke. “Rest now — hunt in the great grounds of our ancestors — be with grandfather and grandmother... and I pray one day I can know them.” Hot tears poured down his face as his body shook. “ I’m sorry I didn’t fight harder — I promise mother — I promise as long as I am breathing; I will fight. No more games, I will make you proud. I walk alone now mother...” He once remembered a visit, Feth — the only visit he ever had from his uncle, but he spoke and said to be Kaohal was to walk alone. It was time, and for Jair, as wild as the day would be, she would have witnessed a true sight. The child, had grown up. The child, had now become an adult. It was no longer games like he had got to do in the past... now he had to be brave. He had to be strong. He had to be... Alpha.

Last edited:
If Jairdain had really wanted to, she could have easily gotten into the mind of the boy. She had enough respect to not do that though. So while she picked up on some of his surface emotions, she did not go prying into his mind. When he returned from his tent, her attention focused back on Quill.

Not moving a muscle as he called the sword into his hand. He had already displayed his Force sensitivity, now she wanted to learn just how much he knew. Something to keep in mind and remember as the night passed.

Determination spilled from him as he verbally spoke to her for the first time. Quill noticed the man before she did and that determination remained. He picked the word resolve and Jairdain felt some pride for him. Hearing him speak, he said he needed to finish what had been started before they met.

Taking a place near to him and provided him support if he wanted it. Nothing physical, just a solid presence, and something mental. Even if she did not entirely approve of his choice, she wasn't going to stop him. Whatever he did or didn't do, he would have to face the consequences of them and live with what they were.

He quickly lashed out at the man and after a few quick moves, he was down, out and dead. Quill cursed quietly and returned to his mother. What was probably only meant to be heard by the dead woman, was also heard by Jairdain. They seemed like they were similar in a way. Though Jairdain was considerably older now, both of them had lost their parents at a young age and faced the Galaxy alone. There was something different about Quill though. She was present.

Unless he pulled or moved away from her, she would stand next to him and at least attempt to give him some form of emotional support.

You are not entirely alone.

Choosing not to break the silence, she hoped he understood what she was trying to convey.

Jairdain Jairdain

Jair was right — as she stood and offered her emotional support; he wasn’t alone... he was just being melodramatic. He stood as the wind blew through the tree line. He wasn’t alone — but he was now a nomad. No clan, no attachments other than those he would now make, and this woman was now one of those attachments. He let out a big sigh as his body gave one last shudder. He stood — stepping off to the side as his right hand came up, the ground clearing with a puff of dust, and then his left hand coming up as wood began to float and form a basin, the wood moving as if it had a mind of its own — but for Jair, she’d know it was his will moving everything.

The platform was quickly made as he then both hands came up and Valeras body began to float, lifeless and almost beautiful as Quill would be seen again fighting back tears that threatened to once again overwhelm him. He laid her ever so gently on the wooden pedestal as he sat there now, knowing what had to be done next in accordance to their customs. He had to cremate her remains now.
“Mom—-....” His voice cracking as he pushed to speak. “I wish I could hear your voice one more time...” The tears overwhelmed Quill once again. “I’ll see you again one day...” His hand covered his face as tears streamed freely, his face an absolute mess as his free hand came up, snapped and a spark ignited a blaze within the wood. What would happen next would most likely take Jair by surprise, or not — but Quill would turn and lean into her, nothing being held back as he just cried. He was mentally, emotionally and physically pushed to his limits today, and was ready to just be for a moment, not do anything. His stomach hurt — from lack of food, but also for the amount he grieved... it was physically sickening.

When her own family had died, Jairdain was never given the chance to hold any form of ceremony for them. Quill had her support for what he needed to do and it would bring him some form of closure. Maybe it would work for her as well. She wasn't a religious person, but she did have her own beliefs. Allowing the boy to gather what needed to and go through the motions, she helped him gather the wood if he accepted it.

"It isn't a weakness to cry or shed tears, Quill."

He maintained control of himself until he lit the fire for his mother. Just a simple snap of his fingers and the spark set the pyre alight. Perhaps it had been her words that allowed him to open himself to her. It might have also just been a chance. Either way, when he leaned into her, she wrapped her arms around him and held him as he cried.

They would remain in this manner until his tears dried up and he rested his head on her shoulder. Placing her hands on his shoulders, she held him there for a moment.

"I will be right back."

His custom said the askes of her body would need to be taken and buried on Quiura. Taking something out of her pack, she picked up a handful of ashes and placed them inside. Returning to Quill, she gently placed the vial into one of his hands.

"Someday you will get to bury her where you need to. You have my word."

With her other hand, she motioned above them.

"Come with me. A new home can be provided for you. If you want it and people that can help you."

Jairdain couldn't promise he wouldn't get hurt, but she would do what she could to keep that from happening to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom