Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Eviction of Hyperi 7

She hadn't forgotten he was on the line. What she was, however, was thankful that he had pretended he wasn't until Pranda had left, though she'd never admit it. For the entire time she and the girls had been staying on the Undoubtedly, the Omwati had been skittish of her crew. Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham was no exception, of course; skittishness was etched into her personality like stone. Everyone's response to trauma was different, and that was hers.

As he spoke, Malcoma stooped to turn off the holovision before walking back around her desk to the matching office chair. She sunk her body down into the plush leather, her face into her hands.​

"I—"

What was she about to do?

Be honest with him??

Feth.

She decided to leave the fact she would rather disappoint anyone and everyone instead of herself unarticulated. She might have the clothes and the jewels and the goons now, but behind all those layers she was still the same old girl that survived on the streets by being selfish. That really was the only way to guard your heart.

Her hand fell away from her face, thankful once more he couldn't see her through the communication channel. "I think it's worth a try," she admitted instead. "But I don't suppose you'd do it out of the goodness of your heart."

c9Fo0Tk.png

m02UaUc.png

“That’s weird,” muttered the pilot, whose name Xun didn’t bother asking. He was inconsequential.

“What?” Xun’s tone was frigid.

Complications were undesirable.

“Looks like there’s two biometric signatures on the 79th floor, but they’re not broadcasting SSG’s IFF. Not Procopian either.”

Xun let out a nasally sigh and leaned over to press the shuttle’s comms to the SSG’s secured channel.

“Silver shields, it appears you left some stragglers on level 79. Please remove them at once.”

Sloppy work from Silver Shield, but then CorpSec probably would’ve been gunning down the civilians by now had they been employed en masse.

Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud
Daiya Daiya

Steve Apollo

S

Objective: Interfere with the evictions
Tags: Enzo Bancraft Enzo Bancraft

Surprisingly, following the first confrontation, The Agent hadn't gotten into a confrontation. Of course he would have won, easily, if anything came up. But now he was surely close to his target. He just needed to find him in the crowds of evicted and troopers. That was easier said than done. Usually there were small groups, but occasionally they traveled in packs, and The Agent had to look at each face, without looking suspicious, and make sure none of the people were his target.

Of course he expected the man to look like a mercenary thug, but he wanted to be thorough, which meant observing everyone.

Finally, he lost his patience. He approached one man whose clothes were ripped and face was bloodied. Clearly he had tried to resist the corporation. That meant he'd be willing to give information.

"Have you seen the leader of these thugs? Tough guy, scar over his right eye, fake left eye...military cut?"

"Oh, that scum bag? Yeah I saw him with some other pricks. Just keep walking, you can't miss him. He'll probably be roughing up some poor girl that wants to keep her house."

"The Elysium Empire appreciates your service."

The Agent gave a single pat on the man's shoulder, then walked off. He was going to find Viktor, and he was going to kill him.

HYPERI 7
FLOOR 79

The turbolift jostles as it begins its descent. NP-2112 spins his stun baton by the loop thoughtlessly, and the rest of his fireteam edge closer to the walls to keep out of his way. "Who got assigned 79, anyway?"​
"Hah, who do you think?" the fireteam leader, QA-9854, collapses his datapad and slots it into his utility belt. "Gamma 99."​
"Seriously?" NP-2112 balks, "Guess it's true. Those guys can't do anything right."​
"Guys and gals. Silver Shield Group is an equal opportunity employer."​
In the corner, IP-2008 cracks his knuckles idly, "Then why don't I ever see aliens working here?"​
This is a largely uncomfortable topic to address. Everyone except TS-9184 found themselves perfectly pleased when it was interrupted by the arrival of their turbolift on the 79th floor. They fan out, and QA-9854 calls in their progress to the control team.​
"Fireteam NCH-396 calling in. Just arrived on the 79th floor. Looks like we're on the west side. Stragglers still on the east?"​
A protocol droid's tinny voice answers, "Acknowledged. Stragglers are on the east end. Moving towards your location."​
"Great, we'll head them off. Moving now."​
In three minutes, Daiya and Ivory would hear the heavy footsteps of the contractors approaching. A few moments after that, if they were still around, the contractors would make contact.​

HYPERI 7
GROUND FLOOR - LOBBY

Steve Apollo, after roughing up two useless CorpSec officers in the street, had managed to find his way into the interior of Hyperi 7. The general ruckus of the evictions had seen to that, as the confused and aimless former residents mingled with one another and perhaps some helpful acquaintances.​
His target was on the 47th floor. But he would already know that, as he was Steve Apollo, the sterling and unflappable agent of the Elysium Empire. He would also know that he is currently on the ground floor and that all of the turbolifts were blocked by security checkpoints. It seemed clear that the Silver Shield contractors were there to ensure traffic only flowed one way: out.​
But there was one knot of turbolifts set aside for upwards travel - Series Besh. Sometimes people forget something in their apartment, or someone has to help a family member pack up. You have to be reasonable about these things. That, and there were several Galactic Alliance and local statutes requiring reasonable accommodation.​
The line to Series Besh was thin on this level. The security checkpoint consisted of some durasteel barriers and was manned by a fireteam of Silver Shield contractors. Five men in total, each sterling and unflappable agents of the Silver Shield Group.​
One of whom, QA-9949, had a datapad and looked to be in charge. He was the one to address Steve as he tactlessly approached.​
"Good afternoon," with a stylus, he tapped through several screens, loading up a fresh form, "Name, please?"​

Juno chose to ignore the CorpSec officer's statement and turned to Yula Perl Yula Perl .

"Why is it that everytime we go out I'm the 'accessory'? Is pink really that much prettier of a color than blue? I need you to give me some makeup tips or something. I want to be the main course, not a side salad." Juno responded, that was, stalled. It was also a signal for Yula to take the lead. Juno had a couple ideas of a way out, but most of them were violent, where Juno didn't want to be, or Would give Sarvod Dravis Sarvod Dravis a chance to call for backup. She had a feeling Yula had a way of dealing with at least one of those issues with the way she handled the datapad.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge

HYPERI 7
FLOOR 79

The turbolift jostles as it begins its descent. NP-2112 spins his stun baton by the loop thoughtlessly, and the rest of his fireteam edge closer to the walls to keep out of his way. "Who got assigned 79, anyway?"​
"Hah, who do you think?" the fireteam leader, QA-9854, collapses his datapad and slots it into his utility belt. "Gamma 99."​
"Seriously?" NP-2112 balks, "Guess it's true. Those guys can't do anything right."​
"Guys and gals. Silver Shield Group is an equal opportunity employer."​
In the corner, IP-2008 cracks his knuckles idly, "Then why don't I ever see aliens working here?"​
This is a largely uncomfortable topic to address. Everyone except TS-9184 found themselves perfectly pleased when it was interrupted by the arrival of their turbolift on the 79th floor. They fan out, and QA-9854 calls in their progress to the control team.​
"Fireteam NCH-396 calling in. Just arrived on the 79th floor. Looks like we're on the west side. Stragglers still on the east?"​
A protocol droid's tinny voice answers, "Acknowledged. Stragglers are on the east end. Moving towards your location."​
"Great, we'll head them off. Moving now."​
In three minutes, Daiya and Ivory would hear the heavy footsteps of the contractors approaching. A few moments after that, if they were still around, the contractors would make contact.​

Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group As the CorpSec officers stepped further onto the 79'th floor, they began to see signs that all was not well in paradise. In a number of the rooms stretching off from the hallway, signs of vandalism were visible; glitter spray-paint in almost every conceivable color covered the walls and ceilings, and powdered glitter sparkled underfoot. It looked like a child that gone nuts with bags of decorating supplies, sewing chaos and disorder in their wake.

Nothing had necessarily been destroyed... but the level of vandalism was total.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A tingle began to creep up the back of Ivory's spine. While some may have ignored it, she knew exactly what the extrasensory perception was...

They were not alone.

She tossed the plastic bag she'd been holding aside, flinging the remainder of the green glitter into a small pile, then turned to look over her shoulder, glimpsing Daiya Daiya through a doorway in another room. Ivory pivoted, crossing the distance quickly, peering in the room to find exactly where her 15-year old partner was, then approaching her. "We have to go. Now."

If Daiya didn't immediately turn and follow, Ivory would reach out for the 15 year-old's elbow, taking a firm grip and beginning to pull her toward the hallway. If Daiya protested, Ivory would explain in a hushed tone:

"We have company. Right now. We need to go. Stairwell, this way." and would attempt to steer her fellow Shadowrunner toward the closest exit.

The party was over. Now, they needed to disappear before they were seen.

Steve Apollo

S

Objective: Interfere with the evictions
Tags: Enzo Bancraft Enzo Bancraft

"Good evening, gentlemen."

Five vs One. He could probably take them, but he had a better idea. Or at least he thought he did.

"It's about time Viktor sends someone to greet me. See, I'm Richard Giuliani, I was hired by The Commerce Guild to assist with the evictions...they told you, right? I'd hate to show up dressed like this..." he waved a hand, bringing attention to his attire: Cargo pants, a black, long sleeved shirt, with a black vest over it, and then his face of course, which held the sunglasses and earmuffs that blocked out loud noises, but picked up quieter ones, such as a voice.

"...Wait...you don't mean to tell me they didn't tell you? A bit incompetent of your bosses, don't you think? I guess that's why they sent me...they need someone that can actually manage things."

He hoped they would take the bait, but it was a long shot, even with his incredible charm. If this doesn't work, depending on how badly things go, he will either try to convince them, or he'll have to take the fight, which would no doubt lead to the entire building knowing about his presence, and thus ruining the mission.

Final Dawn Central Command

Pg8PJWN.png

O P E R A T I O N_B L A C K W I N G
Chapter 4 : Investigation on Denon

FINAL DAWN
DENON , INNER RIM

A Single Landspeeder arrived at the base of the Hyperi 7 with two Individuals stepping out of the Vehicle. As of now the Silver Shield Group was in the process of conducting an eviction of some Three Thousand Individuals who had refused to vacate the area in the wake of the Commerce Guild’s Acquisition of the Building. From what these individuals knew , the Commerce Guild seemed to be a new Conglomerate and a new player here on the Corporate-dominated world of Denon considering how this was their first official move here on the crime-infested ecumenopolis. Upon exiting the Vehicle , the two agents proceeded to move towards the entrance of the Building where they were faced with one of many security checkpoints. A Single Contractor marched up to the two individuals and after inspecting them proceeded to speak. “Good afternoon gentlemen , is there anything I can do for you?

The First individual looked at the second individual before speaking. “I’m Supervisory Deputy Marshal Wiley Reeves , with me is Deputy Marshal Bass Escone. As you might know by now we’re from the Alliance Marshals Service. We’ve received some reports about possible foul play going on here and came here to investigate. Now that you know who we are and why we are here , we would like to see your boss , a certain Viktor Brant I believe. We have a few questions for him” The Individual said. Denon was a very busy planet and the Marshals often had their hands full on this planet. Hopefully the bribes they had given to Marshals in charge of operations on this Planet would be enough to make their ruse work and allow them to move through. They needed to get all the information they could get about this new Commerce Guild and hope it could be useful for whatever plans their superiors had in regards to this new Commerce Guild.

c9Fo0Tk.png

m02UaUc.png

“Alliance Marshals you say… for Viktor? No, I don’t think so.”

If anyone was going to be the face of this operation to an official Alliance inquiry it most certainly would not be Viktor Brandt.

He did not have the requisite acumen, in Xun’s opinion. For anything, actually. Other than brute force. Much like a simian that one.

“I’ll deal with this.”

Xun clicked off the comm, then had the pilot set his shuttle down near the marshals.

The Falleen exited the ramp, cold and calm and beautiful in the way frozen trees were beautiful. You wanted to stay and look, but not for too long.

“Gentlebeings, can I help you?”

CETCOM CETCOM

The green spray paint found a use after all.

Daiya found herself spending too much time on the little details. Like the bloopy style she was using, or the addition of tiny credit signs in the words. Tapping the nozzle on the spray can once more, the teen stepped back to admire her work. She didn't mind that her hands were sporting a splotchy, new coat of paint as well, or that the glitter was spreading to her face when she tapped her chin.

"We have to go. Now."

Ivory's voice came low and firm, startling the young shadowrunner just as she was about to make another adjustment. She frowned at the woman, shaking her head. "C'mon, you said we could glitter it up!"

The woman was just going to blow up the floor anyway, but Daiya felt it wouldn't be right to send it off so plainly. Not with the unceremonious manner that the Corpos were evicting the building's residents. That deserved a response, and a good response was all about sending a message.

62POmZm.png

One like CORPO GREED IS A DISEASE.

Daiya remembered the protest with some fondness, despite its messy aftermath. The elation propelled her foot to step forward again, before the teen let out a yelp. Her arm was caught in embrace of the raven-haired woman, who stopped her short. Daiya glared at Ivory, resisting as the woman dragged her toward the door. She dug in her heels and leaned back, until the woman finally explained it.

"Feth, already?" Daiya wondered how anyone had even bothered to come back here. The floor was already cleared, she had made sure of that once Ivory was dead set on blowing it up. Still, the teen groused at the notion of just running at a moment's notice. "Hold on, no—"

She wrenched her arm in the woman's grip. "Ivory!"

"Give me—" Daiya grabbed an exposed pipe as they passed, using the leverage against her captor. This time she managed to free herself, and stepped back a few too many steps. The teen braced herself against the wall before stumbling, giggling at the mistake and her plan. Her face grew a smirk, and a coy voice explained. "I'm gonna set a surprise for them. Just give me a sec."

Pulling a packet of gemdazzle glitter and a roll of duratape out of her satchel, the girl stepped back, twirling on her heel. She lashed the packet to the spray can in her hand, the low giggle rumbling in her throat. The pipe was as good a place as any to affix it, and Daiya made sure to face the can back towards their path while the nozzle faced the rest of the hallway.

One shot from her, and whoever stepped in the path of the trap was going to have a brand new paintjob.

"Okay, now let's go." Daiya turned back to Ivory, skipping forward to join the woman. She giggled again as she wilingly followed this time, a hand on her blaster and a hope in her throat.

Their pursuers better like glitter and the color green.

Yula pinned a sympathetic smile on as she patted the Twi'lek's hand. "That's why we're going to the makeup counter today—we'll find you the most flattering shade of blush to bring out those cheekbones!"

She kept up the amicable expression, perhaps a tad too amicable when she addressed the cop.

"Listen, buddy, officer…" Yula reached out, slowly, deliberately with an open palm in as non-threatening of a gesture she could make. It was risky, trying to place her hand on the CorpSec goon's shoulder. If he moved, she'd stop, but keep her hand extended. Either way, she'd focus on him. A little too hard to be considered comfortable.

"That is my real ID. It's not my fault if you—" She sucked in a breath. "—well, if you can't tell what a Zeltron is supposed to look like. We come in all shades, you know."

If she did manage to touch him, or get close enough, he'd feel his cybernetics start to get uncomfortably warm.

"So how's about you let us be on our way, and I won't file a complaint with your supervisor for speciesism."

Juno Sabat Juno Sabat Sarvod Dravis Sarvod Dravis

Sar had become suspicious that extranormal foul play may well be at play, but said suspicion was primarily directed towards the Twi'lek. The Zeltron he had flagged as a troublemaker, but not one whose very body was a danger - as such he did nothing to stop her hand.

That decision might very well end up coming back to bite him, and soon.

Behind an opaque visor, his eyes squinted in annoyance. Annoyance that was reflected in a pose that could only be described as 'ready to leap into action at a moment's notice'. "I'm CorpSec, not some mall cop. Cut the act." Even as the words left his mouth, he began to feel something deeply wrong, as if his insides and the implants therein had suddenly caught a fever. In response, his free hand reached for his communicator.

"Hands above your heads. Slowly. Behave and you'll probably just spend the night in a cell."

Assuming, of course, that there were no outstanding warrants on either of the two.​

The con had gone too long. Whatever Yula Perl Yula Perl was trying wasn't as likely to work with the CorpSec officer on edge like this. Or maybe Juno just wasn't used to this sort of thing and panicked early. The latter wasn't unlikely. When Juno saw Sarvod Dravis Sarvod Dravis 's offhand reach for his commlink she extended our her hand, swiping it towards the road in a sudden motion. The commlink flew in the air before it was hit by a nearby speeder.

With Juno's luck the commlink was probably a decoy and the officer had another one hidden in his helmet or cybernetics. Cybernetics she couldn't do much about, but the helmet? She put her hand towards her pack, where her lightsaber was kept. She hoped not to ignite it, but given the circumstances? It might be unavoidable.

HYPERI 7
GROUND FLOOR - LOBBY

QA-9949 blinks behind his helmet. This was obviously not a tailored-greeting operation. But whatever. He marks down the name as-stated. Richard Giuliani. Not the worst name in the world, but getting close. He seems to listen closely for the duration of Giuliani's spiel.​
"Viktor, eh?" The contractor taps the stylus idly against the frame of the datapad, "Oh, you mean the guy following Ract around. You must be with the Bank. Strange you'd have to go through Vik instead of his boss."​
The First Bank are a host unto themselves. Didn't surprise him they called in an extra flatfoot just to even out the numbers, in service of their own inscrutable agenda.​
This level of tardiness, from a First Bank subcontractor no less, disgusts QA-9949 on a fundamental level. But he doesn't feel like getting into it. He slots the stylus into the datapad, which he then shoves into Giuliani's chest for him to take.​
"You go ahead and fill out the rest of your form. We'll let Ract know you decided to finally show up and see where he needs you," QA-9949 motions to one of his colleagues - VC-7591 - by the lift. He nods.​
It's not immediately obvious that the contractor in question being patched through to control, who will pass them on to Gideon Ract, who will let Ract know that their subcontractor, Giuliani, is here and ask where to send him. On account of their cybernetics, most of their actions were hands-free. Mind control.​
A comlink crackles in VC-7591's ear, "Connecting you to Director Gideon Ract. Please stand by."​

HYPERI 7
FLOOR FLOOR 79

"Control, we've got some, uhhh, extensive vandalism, looks like," QA-9854 and his fireteam have slowed their pace just to take it all in, "Helmet feed's active."​
A pause. Could droids appreciate this sort of thing? "Acknowledged."​
Guess not their droids, anyway.​
QA-9854 hadn't seen this much glitter since that psycho-circus calling themselves the Agents of Chaos had tipped over Confederate operations on Ryloth. A real shitshow. He'd been infantry at the time. A long time ago, but not too long. He felt ancient just thinking back on it, and more than a little… Disquieted.​
Look at him now, though. Silver Shield took out all his vulnerable, meaty bits and replaced it with cool steel and high technology. Fancy armor. They couldn't touch him now. Not with anything.​
"Uh, sarge," NP-2112 nudges him, "You've been staring at…" he pauses to assess the exact type of graffiti, "That glittery cock for a while now. Why'd we stop?"​
QA-9854 shakes his head, "Tactical assessment. It's nothing. Follow me."​
They resume, rounding the corner and are immediately sprayed with a deluge of paint. The whole fireteam is hit to one degree or another, though QA-9854 gets the worst of it. Head-to-toe, the whole front of his armor.​
He screams the loudest, too. Several octaves higher than he ought to. They're patting themselves down, assuming some kind of chemical attack. Their visors sear the paint away automatically, but the rest of their armor will just have to suffer.​
"Paint," NP-2112 breathes a ragged sigh of relief, "It's just… Paint."​
IP-2008 is trying, vainly, to scrape glitter off his nametag. "I'm gonna fucking kill these people, man, come on!"​
QA-9854 detaches his stun baton from his belt and snaps it awake. His movements are stiff. Mechanical. "Wrong," he says, "We're not cleared for lethal force."​
But there's a lot that can happen to a person before they die.​
The contractors give the corner a wider berth this time, at a much more brisk pace. This has suddenly become personal. Ivory and Daiya faintly hear the door to the stairwell being kicked open behind them.​
They noticeably pause at the top of the stairwell, then NP-2112 speaks up. "I got them on scanners."​
"Control, we've got them heading down stairwell aurek 5, same floor. Please advise."​
"Continue pursuit. Routing an additional fireteam."​
The reprieve ends. Heavy footsteps pound down the duracrete stairs…​

Gideon Ract

G
d5vw0Zf.png

As Viktor intimidated his way through the subsequent eviction, Gideon's earpiece chimed as control finally reached him. And unlike the sliced-up, cybernetically outfitted Silver Shield contractors, Gideon had to manually unmute his comms with a light tap on his helmet, right under his jaw. Even if his helmet had everything conveniently built-in, it still felt barbaric to make the motion. He was almost embarrassed to do it in front of the Silver Shield guys.​
"Director Ract, Silver Shield is on the other end."​
"Put me through."​
"Yes, sir."​
There was a subtle crackle to indicate the channel switch.​
"Ract here."​
"This is VC-7591. We've got a pretty late subcontractor down here at the lobby checkpoint."​
"Uh, I didn't have any absences this morning. Name?"​
"Richard Giuliani."​
Gideon hoarsely breathed a chuckle, "Dick, huh?"​
"Sorry?"​
"Disregard. Stand by," Gideon, tapping his wristpad once, then twice after a pause, brought up a list of names in the corner of his hud. Looking over it twice, he sighed, "Yeah, there must be a mixup. We don't have any Richard Giuliani. Are they checked in?"​
"No, sir. Not yet."​
"Alright," Gideon sighed again, this time with an annoyed groan to accompany it, "Well, why don't you forward me the form when they get done filling it out and we'll go from there."​
"Copy that, sir."​
Viktor was yanking the male tenant out from the doorway by the collar of his shirt and forced him against the wall to restrain him. The evictee was slinging all manner of profanities at the Associate Director. Under the visor, the corners of Gideon's mouth quirked up in a wry smirk.​
"Hey, Vik, the name Richard Giuliani ring a bell?"​
While he already hated it, saying the name over and over left a worsening taste in his mouth like he was gnawing on an orange peel.​

Last edited by a moderator:
OeS75oO.png

c9Fo0Tk.png

"Yeah, yeah, friend. You should be happy my boss here does not like it when I tear tongues out or kick teeth out." Viktor was about to say more, but was distracted by Gideon's com-call.

It was why he missed the man's terrified expression and immediate apparent supplication.

Richard Giuliani?

Why did that name sound so familiar to him? Brows furrowed there. A moment of distraction was all that the tenant needed however. With a firm thrust of his head, he slammed himself into Viktor's face. Just hard enough to loosen his grip and escaping into a running leap to freedom. "Oh, you karkin' won't."

Before Gideon could say or do anything-

Revolver came out of the holster and the trigger was already squeezed. A BLAM and a slug ripped through the tenant's leg, sending him crashing to the ground with crying whimpers of pain.

"Huh?" A glance to Gideon as if that didn't just happen. "Oh, Giuliani? Yeah, uuuh. Sonnaschutta owes me money. Why?"

Viktor's slow stride brought him to the curled up mass of the tenant. He dropped a bacta patch in front of him. "Oh, stop ya whining, it was a clean shot an' ya messsed up mah nose." It was already swelling, the blood trickling down his lips. The clean Coruscanti accent was slipping away in favor of something decidedly less posh.

"Anyway, chief. What's Dick gotta do with anything?" That's how the Elysium Empire had found the name. Richard Giuliani was one of Viktor's poker buddies on his SpaceBook profile. The reason why they used that identity? Giuliani had been posing with guns in his profile and bragging to the ladies about how he was going on amazing space adventures with his best pal Viktor.

"Is he here to pay me my money back?"

Hopeful tone.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge

HYPERI 7
FLOOR FLOOR 79

"Control, we've got some, uhhh, extensive vandalism, looks like," QA-9854 and his fireteam have slowed their pace just to take it all in, "Helmet feed's active."​
A pause. Could droids appreciate this sort of thing? "Acknowledged."​
Guess not their droids, anyway.​
QA-9854 hadn't seen this much glitter since that psycho-circus calling themselves the Agents of Chaos had tipped over Confederate operations on Ryloth. A real shitshow. He'd been infantry at the time. A long time ago, but not too long. He felt ancient just thinking back on it, and more than a little… Disquieted.​
Look at him now, though. Silver Shield took out all his vulnerable, meaty bits and replaced it with cool steel and high technology. Fancy armor. They couldn't touch him now. Not with anything.​
"Uh, sarge," NP-2112 nudges him, "You've been staring at…" he pauses to assess the exact type of graffiti, "That glittery cock for a while now. Why'd we stop?"​
QA-9854 shakes his head, "Tactical assessment. It's nothing. Follow me."​
They resume, rounding the corner and are immediately sprayed with a deluge of paint. The whole fireteam is hit to one degree or another, though QA-9854 gets the worst of it. Head-to-toe, the whole front of his armor.​
He screams the loudest, too. Several octaves higher than he ought to. They're patting themselves down, assuming some kind of chemical attack. Their visors sear the paint away automatically, but the rest of their armor will just have to suffer.​
"Paint," NP-2112 breathes a ragged sigh of relief, "It's just… Paint."​
IP-2008 is trying, vainly, to scrape glitter off his nametag. "I'm gonna fucking kill these people, man, come on!"​
QA-9854 detaches his stun baton from his belt and snaps it awake. His movements are stiff. Mechanical. "Wrong," he says, "We're not cleared for lethal force."​
But there's a lot that can happen to a person before they die.​
The contractors give the corner a wider berth this time, at a much more brisk pace. This has suddenly become personal. Ivory and Daiya faintly hear the door to the stairwell being kicked open behind them.​
They noticeably pause at the top of the stairwell, then NP-2112 speaks up. "I got them on scanners."​
"Control, we've got them heading down stairwell aurek 5, same floor. Please advise."​
"Continue pursuit. Routing an additional fireteam."​
The reprieve ends. Heavy footsteps pound down the duracrete stairs…​

Ivory's shoulder slammed into the door exiting from the stairwell onto the 77'th floor, causing the door to ricochet as she & her 15-year-old companion sprinted through. The moment they hit the door, the older woman was digging into the pocket of her fur coat, extracting a metallic cylinder from within the capacious pocket. She fired a grin back at Daiya as the two sprinted down the long hallway.

"I guess - now - is better - than later!" With a flair, she flipped up the small protective cover, and with a show of activating it, depressed the button on the detonator. The small electronic device chimed once, showing a green light - indicating the signal was sent successfully.

On the 79'th floor, the detonators she'd placed all chimed in unison, each of their flashing lights pausing at the same moment before going dark. Then:

Ka-BOOM

The entire Hyperi-7 Apartment Complex shook with the force of the contained explosion; the 79'th floor went up in a tremendous fireball which blew out every window on the floor and immediately sent shockwaves into every floor above & below it. The damage was not enough to cause the building's total destruction - regardless of Ivory's original jest, she'd never planned to commit such wanton destruction. She had, however, planned to cause as much property damage and havoc as possible. Missed by the CorpSec officers in their hasty bid to track down the vandals, packets of glitter had been taped to some of the windows. When said windows blew, it created elegant shimmering multi-colored clouds of glitter which rained (alongside glass and debris) into the streets below.

Only a few floors down from the sudden violent eruption, Ivory stumbled and nearly lost her footing as the floors, walls, and ceiling shook. She stopped to make sure her comrade ( Daiya Daiya ) would be okay. She gave the girl a grin, heart pumping, the exhilaration of a job well done setting her on a strong adrenaline rush. "Well, I guess house-keeping's got more to worry about than a little graffiti!"

"We've gotta find a service elevator.. they're probably gonna shut down all the regular elevators and evac the building before they do a damage assessment. Damn, I can't believe you forgot those parachutes!"

A friendly jab. Ivory had, of course, never mentioned anything about parachutes.

With that, she collected her friend and continued running for the opposite end of the building. They were running on borrowed time... and jailtime for arson and domestic terrorism would be a lot harsher than participating in a riot.

Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group Yula Perl Yula Perl Juno Sabat Juno Sabat Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Enzo Bancraft Enzo Bancraft Sarvod Dravis Sarvod Dravis Steve Apollo

The CorpSec goon wasn't letting up, and the Twi'lek seemed on edge enough to cause trouble. Yula fought back a wince, using her other hand to swat at the blue one reaching for a…knife? Blaster?

An explosion rippled outwards from the very building the Seccers were trying to overtake. Yula whipped around, mouth hanging open as a wall of flames tore outwards from the 79th floor. Was this a CorpSec strategy? A well-placed accident? Or something closer to home?

"What the fuck."

Officer Dravis forgotten, she channeled her inner Dagon and dashed towards the burning structure. There were people in there—some of them were CorpSec bastards, but some of them were civilians who'd refused to be uprooted. Daiya and Ivory were supposed to be doing some kind of sabotage, and she prayed that her fellow Shadowrunners hadn't been caught in the crossfire. Little did she know that they had been the architects.

A Force imbued leap allowed her to scale several floors up, where she kicked her way through a cracked window.

Juno Sabat Juno Sabat Sarvod Dravis Sarvod Dravis Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Daiya Daiya

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom