Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The End of Aloha, the Beginning of Something Else

Choices... She heard the whisper and ignored it.

Kasca sat on a large boulder at the edge of where the beach met the tumbling waves. Archae Teuthis was a beautiful planet. Autumn had settled and it made Kasca shiver just a bit even though she was covered enough. The wind from the waves was a little more chilly than it was over where the party had been. The moon was full and glorious though, casting its pale peachy glow across the otherwise dark and murky water. It was quiet and peaceful here away from the party and on her own.

Choices... She heard it again and screamed NO into the dark part of her mind.

Joining the Confederacy had been a choice. Joining the Mandragora had been a calling. Yet was she better off now than she had been sitting alone on her ship running her science experiments? Her pale eyes looked down in unease. Two years of travelling on her own had been enough to teach her that she didn't like being alone despite her more solitary inclinations during her years in the Jedi Temple. She could feel the voices pushing, insistent that they be heard and finally she could fight them no longer.

They didn't want you anyway... The Jedi abandoned you... You abandoned them, who are you kidding?
The ocean is beautiful... The ocean calls to you... Drown yourself, you don't matter. Of course you matter, but about as much as a servant scrubbing their floors.
The Mandragora have left you. You never belonged anyway. The calling was imagined...
You thought you knew, but you were wrong. The Force cares not for you or your troubles. Only we do.
Give it up and go steal a ship so we can travel again in the silence of space. It is all an illusion.
You are too young. You are too stupid. You are too Arkanian. You are too boring.

[member="Darth Metus"]

dividerfela.png

Meeting: [member="Kasca Fen"]​
Wearing: Something Casual

The festivities were not the Sith’s aesthetic.

This was not due to some unnecessary aversion to sights and sounds, mind. In fact, the Vicelord tended to enjoy the company of his comrades and closest friends. Liquor and good times even more. However, the burden of leadership had fallen quite heavily upon the Sith’s shoulders as of late. Though he went out of his way to ensure that his subordinates and supporters had ample opportunities to mingle, he was always looking forward. Whilst they enjoyed the pleasure of one another’s company, or got to know the locals of a new world, he was busy planning their next move. His mind was always on the horizon, attempting to discern what Hell the future held for his people. At times, Darth Metus envied those he led - for they had the opportunity to truly breathe. This night, he made time.

When the finer points of Archae Teuthis’ entry into the fold concluded, the Vicelord opted not to join his comrades for the remainder of the luau. The festivities, though dying down, were yet in full swing - and he was certain his presence would be welcome. However, the sable-skinned man decided to walk the beach alone. After months of going without ceasing, it was good to relish in something simple. The cool sensation of the evening sands between his toes was divine. The chilly embrace of the salt-slicked wind was heavenly. It was during this trek that Darth Metus had the luxury of losing track of time. Whether he walked for a few minutes or several was lost upon him. In fact, the only testament of time passing was the ever-increasing trail of footprints in his wake. For this span of time, Darth Metus did his absolute best to empty his mind.

He kept stray thoughts at bay. Focused on nothing at all. No worries. No planning. No regrets. Silence.

Yet the quiet did not last for long. It began as a tingling at the rear of his psyche - a small, nagging sensation that caused the Sith’s eyebrow to raise. Yet, as swiftly as it had arrived, the feeling disappeared. Step...Step…Again. Louder this time. The sensation took form as something a hair more corporeal. Like a whisper that his ears strained to perceive. Every step he took only magnified the experience, enough so that the Sith entertained the notion of turning heel and heading back to whence he came. Yet morbid curiosity kept his strides moving ever forward. And that curiosity was sated by the hushed whispers becoming something far more visceral. Every syllable was an attack upon the soul - so much so that the Sith’s face contorted into a defensive scowl. Yet, the voices were not meant for him. Mentions of Jedi and the Mandragora said as much. But then...who?

His sulfuric gaze swept the beach until they found another. And as his eyes fell upon the woman, he felt the weight of Darkness surrounding her. Turmoil colored her spirit, so much so that he was drawn. When last he felt something this calamitous surrounding anyone, it was a rainy day on Coruscant. A lost, shattered Echani had stumbled into his life and had become the greatest friend the man ever had. Together, they healed the broken pieces within each other - and perhaps it was that reality which made the Sith feel genuine compassion. It was...strange...for him to go out of the way and engage a total stranger in this capacity. Yet, his footsteps came to a halt only a few paces away from the boulder upon which she sat.

”Greetings.” he began, speaking softly above the breeze. ”Are you...alright?”

blood.png

Kasca had been dressed as a Cathar for the festivities. Now even without her mask, her hair was made of massive white dreds and curls, a chaotic but lovely mess that darkened to a dark brown towards the tips. Her pale skin was the antithesis of his dark tones, even with the soft pink of tear stained cheeks. She had not noticed [member="Darth Metus"]'s approach. In truth sometimes the voices were so loud in her mind, it was hard to concentrate on anything else. They were silent now, a strange and eerie thing. Had they quieted because they knew they could be heard? OR just because someone was nearby? It wasn't in their best interest for Kasca to be deemed insane. They tended to be silent when others were around unless they really wanted to cause her pain. This is what Kasca assumed, not knowing Metus could hear the voices as clearly as she did.

She looked up at his voice, stark and real against figments in her mind. Her eyelashes fluttered over pale blue orbs as she did so. Kasca looked and saw this man was alone. She felt he was powerful, someone important. He was tall, handsome in the moonlight and probably under any other light. Her hand came up swiftly, touching her cheeks with hands covered mostly in handwarmers as she sniffled. Kasca had no idea who he was. It's not like you get a picture of all the major people in charge when you join. You just join and do your part. Perhaps if she had known, she would have been more apt to stand and be at attention. Right now however, she just felt defeated and lonely and hated herself for being so weak. Kasca looked and saw this man was alone. She felt he was powerful, someone important.

"I..." Her voice came thickly so she cleared it which helped some, but her voice remained soft as if she felt invisible. "I'll be fine. I always am. I didn't mean to disturb on your solitude."

dividerfela.png

Atmosphere: Hope
Silence.

As the words formed and fell from sable lips, Darth Metus noticed that his voice was alone. His meager greeting had scarcely entered his own hears when he noticed the sudden hush. Where once there was a growing cacophany of unseen malice, there was now a bone-chilling silence. It was as if a light had entered a darkened space, spurning all manner of critter to scurry away from its path. Whilst the young woman wiped her face, the Sith found his eyes narrowing at the thought. It was infinitely strange that the weight of darkness would abandon its assault so quickly; and for but a moment Darth Metus wondered who was the culprit. Was it...her? Was the darkness of her own design? No, he decided almost immediately, that just...couldn't be it...

He turned his head, discreetly, attempting to discern if they were truly alone. And working in tandem with his physical sight were his senses. Yet, between his gaze and the Force, he did not perceive anyone beside he and the woman. However, what his momentary investigation had yielded was a simple fact: although the stranger said she was alright, her aura stated otherwise. Darth Metus knew what she was feeling by gander alone. She reminded him so deeply of his alabaster ward that the similarities were almost jarring. The abyss of defeat was attempting to swallow her whole. Silent agonies were written upon tear-soaked cheeks. And though she was dressed for a night of dancing and fun, she seemed simply miserable.

For a moment, Darth Metus said nothing in response to her words - noting just how heavy her tone was upon the evening air. "You're...really not..." came his eventual, yet completely honest response. Perhaps it was the fact that her predicament reminded him so vividly of one of his closest friends. Hell, perhaps it was the fact that he was a father as well. But whichever the case, the Sith was not going to entertain an illusion when such suffering occurred before him. He was a servant of the Dark, in his own way, and watching this was not part of who he was. A single step forward was taken, whilst his hands raised slowly: a deliberate sign that he was not a threat.

And once he was a pace closer, he spoke once more. "Solitude is good and all, but I've never worked through any of my hurts alone. Seldom works out that way." he began, punctuating his words with a light smile. "Listen...I don't know you from creation, and we can keep it that way if you want. I just hate to see someone...who's alone and not alright. So, if you'd like...I'll listen."

If nothing else, maybe his presence would keep the vicious whispers away, if even for a moment.

blood.png

They were alone on this section of beach. No one was nearby and only the small remnants of the music floated on the air and in the wind, being distorted and heavy with base. Lights could be seen from the party in the distance. Revelers continued, drinking and eating the drugged offerings and enjoying themselves as she had planned. Kasca herself still had quite a bit of her drug running through her system and so when she would otherwise have been silent or left, she stayed on her rock watching his hand raise in a universal gesture of here to do no harm. Moonlight basked the beach and surf in its pale glow. She looked everywhere but him for a long moment, trying to make her mind up if he was serious or not and if she was going to take him up on his obvious offer. It didn't take her long. How often did she have someone actually interested in spending any time with her, much less helping her?

She turned to face him with a look of appreciation. Gentle wind cooled her cheeks, but before she could speak, the voices returned.

Do not trust. Why him? Why now? He is darkness, and he will carry you down into the dark. Walk into the surf. Let the water take you.
You will never be free from him. Do not trust. You do not need him. You do not need anyone.
He will leave you like the Jedi. Bored of you and ignore you. Do not trust.

It was vicious and so loud she cried out and covered her ears.

[member="Darth Metus"]

dividerfela.png

The reprieve of his presence was short-lived.

For but a few moments, the Sith observed the woman seated upon the boulder. She made no verbal response to his sincere offer, yet the words he spoke had some semblance of an impact. At first, her eyes found the sea, which was a visible testament to the fact that she was thinking over her proposal. There was no immediate backlash. No defensive dismissal. But rather a glance to the rolling waves before she set her eyes upon him once more. And when she did look, her sight would be greeted with the warmest smile he could muster. However. It seemed whatever darkness afflicted her spirit would not stand for any expression of kindness. The demons within no longer cared about keeping their existence under wraps…

The whispers returned. The malice roared into being within the woman's mind and reverberated in the Force. Darth Metus’ expression changed as he bore witness to her plight; with eyes narrowed as the syllables sliced into his psyche. A single step was taken towards the bounder and his sword arm outstretched. In that instant, boundaries did not matter - liberation was his intent. And as his fingertips graced her shin, a new voice would enter the cacophony of darkness assaulting her mind.

I can hear you.

This one is mine.

BEGONE.

blood.png

The demons within did not know they could be heard by anyone else. Kasca tried desperately to breathe. Many times the voices had become debilitating. They came at her when she least expected them or they talked insidiously for ages, persuasive and devastating. They had been there her whole life. Sometimes, when she told them to be quiet, they followed her orders. Sometimes they didn't. She was in no more control of them than a person with multiple personalities had control of when their personalities came and went.

At his touch, and his insistent order, there was an immediate silence darker and more hollow than any tomb. She gasped and drew in a deep and shuttering breath, opening her eyes to see his fingers on her exposed shin. There was a look of bewildering awe as her eyes traveled up the strong dark skinned arm to the face that was so serious and matched the voice she had heard in her head. It had been insistent and powerful. She had guessed before that the man before her was powerful. Now she knew without a doubt.

Her hands fell from her ears as she took another ragged breath and coughed. "Who are you? How did you know? How did you...." she asked, voice tiny compared to the massive open space of the beach. The blessed silence inside her brain was an earth shattering relief to her and Kasca closed her eyes with the headiness of it, her body swaying and weak from the energy she had been expending.

[member="Darth Metus"]

dividerfela.png

Silence.

As the expression of his wrath erupted into her psyche, the cacophony of voices clamped their lips to a close. In the face of one such as he, the woman’s tormentors saw fit to cease their vicious behavior. If only for the moment. In their wake, sweet relief washed over the woman. Her hands fell from either side of her head. The tension which consumed her form eased. She seemed able to finally breathe. And though the voices had seen fit to conclude their assault, Darth Metus did not yet remove his touch from her person. In truth, it was a mundane act of concern - one born of a desire not to see her plummet off the stone should the voices return. However, though he had been the liberator of her mind, his expression was not that of pure warmth as before. His burning gaze was lost in thought, contemplating just how long the young woman had to be free.

However. Once the woman spoke again, the ice of his expression thawed ever so slightly. Though raspy, her words were as melted honey to his ears, inspiring him to meet her gaze. Her question, given the last thirty seconds, was to be expected; and thus the Sith responded truthfully. "I am a Sith. It is my very nature to perceive the Darkness in all of its forms. I could hear your plight as clearly as I hear your voice." he began. "My name...is Darth Metus." There was not much more in the way of introductions that he needed to say about himself. The Mandragora knew who he was quite vividly due to his relationship with their Nightmother; for who was not aware of how fondly he regarded his niece. But moreover, he was the acting Vicelord of the Confederacy. Their leader and face in all matters since their inception.

"And who might you be, miss? Are you alright?" he inquired, deliberately attempting to soften his tone. However, the thoughts raging in his mind were enough that his smile was...weighted. And transparency was the best medicine in situations such as these. "Miss, I’ll be frank...I don’t know if what this was a permanent solution. I can certainly devise one, given time, but I would be remiss to leave you to these vultures in the interim. Are you apart of the Confederacy?"

If she was, he could at least do something to give her the ability to breathe. It was the least he could do.

blood.png

[member="Darth Metus"]. Recognition dawned on her slowly. How could she have known he would be here tonight and that he would walk the beach, alone? It was incredulous to think a man who had so much responsibility would be present here, much less that he would help a woman he found in such pain. There were stories, oh were there stories. Everyone in the Confederacy had an opinion on the mighty leader. There was plenty of talk. One had only to listen.

Her mouth dropped open in surprise, her eyes going to and fro as if to confirm that he was in fact alone out here. At one time, she had been a padawan learner with the Jedi. And even though she had long since had been abandoned by the Order and had to find her own way, she had never actually thought what it would be like to meet a darksider as powerful as a Darth. She had never contemplated how she would react or what it might feel like to be in the presence of the other side like this. Granted, she had become a part of the Mandragora, but maybe Kasca had not fully thought out everything to do with that. Sitting here before him, a man with obvious concern for her wellbeing, she found herself relieved... intimidated, but relieved. She had to feel a bit ridiculous. What did one call him? Darth? Metus? Lord Metus? Lord Darth? Hell, she didn't know.

When her eyes returned to his, she smiled grimly in response to his own weighted one. "I am Kasca Fen, new to the Mandragora and I believe I am better for now." She paused, seeming to weigh her words before she answered completely. "What you did... was not permanent. At least, not that I have found. They never stay away for long... but thank you for the reprieve anyway. They were.... particularly viscious tonight, likely due to the drugs I created to enhance everyone's evening." She laughed a little and sighed. Despite the warm night, she was cold and only where his hand touched did she feel warm.

dividerfela.png

Her peace would not be everlasting.

While the young Mandragora gaped in response to his identity, the Sith's gaze was momentarily glazed with thought. Decades of memories were being scoured for a solution to the plight before his eyes. Fringe mentions from years long past and detailed lessons from his own Master all blurred past his mind's eye at a dizzying pace. He knew there was something that he could do...he just needed to determine what was afflicting her in such a manner. What was also working against him was, plain and simple, locale. A deserted section of beach far from home was the least ideal place for any sort of Force-related diagnosis. It would be far better if he had a chance to take a look at this matter at the Well.

His gaze returned to reality when she introduced herself. Kasca…No, he did not know this person, not even by reputation. However, that mattered not. What mattered...was that the woman had suffered and had been suffering up until this point. And she would continue to do so if he did not act. What good was he as a leader of trillions if he could not give a troubled mind true peace, after all. Thus, though he understood her words as a polite means of saying I will be okay, the Vicelord was undeterred. He would see this through as best he could.

”Consider yourself reassigned, Kasca Fen.” he began. ”You have carried this burden long enough, and I am confident that we can devise a way of giving you true release from this Hell. Therefore, I'd like you to report directly to me moving forward. You will be compensated accordingly, of course - but most importantly, you'll be free of those monstrosities.”

Only then did he remove his hand from her shin and offer it to her, not only as a means of stepping down from the boulder...but as a means of stepping into life anew.

blood.png

Kasca was unsurprised to see that Metus had no idea who she was. Among the many that he commanded, she was hardly more than needle in a haystack. There had to be plenty of Mandragora, not to mention Knights and other Force Users at his bidding. It was amusing to her that he had not said anything about her admission of drugging the party with her own concoction. Perhaps he was far too distracted. She could tell that the voices had caused a great deal of consideration in the leader of the Confederacy. It was like the fact they existed somehow stuck in his craw the wrong way and he was irritated and ready for them to be gone. She hated to tell him it was useless, that it was likely a product of her parent's genetic tampering of their children. Still, he was coming to some sort of decision.

She was surprise when it came though. Kasca would never have imagined that he would make this a personal project of his own. Her mouth gaped once more but quickly snapped it shut. There was an absence, as the warmth of his fingers left her bare skin and she shivered. The offer was made and Kasca quickly accepted it, placing her smaller and more delicate pale hand in his larger, more firm and dark one. Even though her hand was small and her grip feather light in this case, Kasca was a strong woman; sometimes too strong as her stubborn will might come forward one day. How else did one handle a multitude of voices in ones head if not with supreme stubbornness?

"Yes, sir." Kasca quickly and deftly made her way off the craggy boulder to stand on the hard packed sand. She was much shorter than he was, but that didn't seem to deter her. Even knowing who he was, now that she had gotten past the initial shock, she didn't shrink back or bow her head. She stood straight and confident, except for two small things. "Ummm, what do you want me to call you? And... where do we go from here?"

[member="Darth Metus"]

dividerfela.png
Meeting: [member=”Kasca Fen"]​
Her expression was that of utter surprise.

And earnestly, if the roles had been reversed, the Sith would have been equally as taken aback as she was. It was not everyday that one who was responsible for their entire nation took interest in one soul. Yet, there was just something about her predicament that stirred the Vicelord to action. Something which inspired him to place her among his countless list of priorities. However, despite the surprise she did not turn away his decision to assist her. Whatever she ultimate thought about the chances of success did not cease the movement of her hand into his own. Her grasp was dwarfed by his own flesh, but there was a quiet strength to her grip as she helped herself down.

Darth Metus took that as the strength required to survive the Hell she called the present. Anyone who was able to last this long, despite the voices, was certainly mighty in their own way.

Kasca then posed two valid questions to the man. One could be interpreted as literally a question of identity, yet the Sith looked deeper than that. He thought, maybe, it was a question of what their standing would be from this day forward. She was reporting to him, but what would that entail? Was she to be his guard, his steward, or something different? The second could have very well been a question of are we staying on this beach...or it could have meant, what did he have in store for her beyond this point. Being the thorough overthinker that he was, the Sith opted to answer the various angles of the questions as best he could.

"Hmm…Well, the way I see it, you'll be an apprentice of sorts to me. I will see you freed of your predicament, but while we're working together on a solution, I may as well show you a thing or two...or five. So, you may call me Darth Metus." he began. "From here, well, let's get something warm and not spiked into your system. I reckon we'll be on this planet for at least another day, so you are welcome to join my lodgings in the interim. Once we depart, we will be heading back to my residence on Ryloth where we can get started on a cure."

He motioned to the lights and music down the beach behind them. There wasn't any mention of her spiking the beverages because, frankly, if she didn't he fully expected [member="Scherezade deWinter"] to do so. However, there was bound to be something edible there. "That sound good to you?"

blood.png

If she hadn't been fairly certain that he was not reading her mind, she would have thought it had to be so. He seemed to understand what she wanted in her two simple questions. Typically Kasca was more verbose, more specific, but in light of the strange events thus far of the evening, she found that she was a little limited. That might not last though if she got some real food in her. First, food, then sleep, then Ryloth. She had never been there and suddenly found herself excited.

She had planned for the evening to be full of entertainment as people drank and ate the drugged food. Everyone would have a good time and so could she, And perhaps, she would even find a friend or two. It had not gone according to plan in its entirety. There were many people currently enjoying the effects of her custom drug. She did not end up being one of them. The friend she had ended up meeting, not at the party and through no volition of her own, was the leader of the Confederacy. Truly the Force had something in mind for them both. How else would he have come upon her so far from the party? How else would he have this strange connection that allowed him to hear voices no one else had ever heard?

Slowly, a smile came to her lips and it lit up her pretty face in the pale moonlight. Kasca looked down to see the source of warmth, his hand still enveloping her own. Reluctantly, she pulled her soft fingers from his dark grip. Perhaps it was out of habit that she didn't allow others to touch her often, or because she felt embarrassed that she still had his hand after climbing down from the boulder. She was grateful, more than she could express to him in this time and place, that he was willing to try and help her. More than a little grateful that he had even stayed and helped her calm down from the voices' cacophony before. Jedi Masters had never taken such an interest. Most simply thought she was crazy and an eccentric scientist better left to her own devices in a lab. She turned to face the party, her hand reaching out for the mask that had been left at the side of the boulder, in the sand. It zoomed easily to her hand, in a force ability that was as natural to her as breathing.

"Yes [member="Darth Metus"]. It does. So.... are you a caf person or a mulled spiced wine person?"

dividerfela.png
Indeed, the Force worked in mysterious ways.

When the Vicelord plotted his course for Archae Teuthis, he had expected much of the same. A pleasant outing for his compatriots, perhaps an appearance or two, and a mountain of paperwork following. He had never entertained the notion that his life would be changed by a simple walk alone. Nor did he anticipate that he would be attempting to aid another in bettering their own circumstances. Regardless, this was the reality that the two now called home, and the Sith was entirely committed to seeing her liberation through. In the present, that revolved around getting something edible and warm in her, as that was always a sure fire way to lift anyone's spirits.

After a few moments, her grasp departed from his own - exposing his sable flesh to the chill of the evening. His fingers flexed in the absence of her grasp, but eventually made their way to his pants pocket. Meanwhile, the Sith's newfound apprentice looked upon him with excitement in her eyes. Darth Metus did not know which part of his response had caused her face to light up as it did, but he found himself smiling all the same. Her next inquiry was a far simpler one; and he thought it was safe to simply take this one at face value. "Depends on the day, admittedly. Caf sees the late nights survived, spiced wine makes me feel fancy." came his response; complete with a wink.

"But for right now, I'd prefer a cup of caf. If I recall correctly, there's a caf shop adjacent from the resort lobby."

And in true "gentlemanly" fashion, Darth Metus offered his arm. "Shall we?"

blood.png

Somehow the word Fancy coming out of his mouth made her laugh softly to herself. She let her mask drape from her belt before she nodded at his request and took the proferred arm with her own as they walked along the beach. Her hands were a little cold but not like the ice that one would expect out of a woman so small. She was cold, yes but did not transfer it to others like humans did. However, whatever their connection, she felt as though warmth must be a part of it. As soon as they made skin to skin contact, warmth radiated from that point and into her. The more skin touching, the more warmth she felt. This was fascinating to a mind like Kasca's and she experimented as subtly as she knew how by placing her hand on his bicep at first gingerly with fingers and then her full hand and palm.

She stopped eventually, finding that she had lapsed into silence as her mind worked the energy. She blushed, not daring to look up as soft punk suffused her cheeks that could not be washed out entirely by the pale moonlight. Soft sea breeze cooled her cheeks and wove through her dreads. She should say something, she decided, but what?

"Caf is pretty much a staple for me. I like wine but not warm or hot wine. Makes me feel like I am chewing it rather than drinking it. I do love hot cocoa though, slightly thicker in consistency and not too dark." There. She said something. Hopefully he wouldn't have noticed her silence and touching experiment. Oh God it could all go away now if he thought she was crazy.

[member="Darth Metus"]

dividerfela.png
She deserved to laugh.

In truth, the young woman walking in step with the Sith deserved much more than temporary expressions of amusements. She deserved peace everlasting; and that was what the Sith was committed to bring. Yet, for now...for this evening, he would settle for bringing a smile to the face that was once adorned with tears. Initially, after his response to her question of beverage preference, Darth Metus managed to illicit a quiet laugh from his newfound apprentice. Perhaps it was the bit about feeling fancy, which was completely true. There was nothing like a glass of spiced wine to make the Vicelord feel like the most pompous politician this side of the Hydian Way. The fact that she smiled at this jest was enough to cause the Sith to smile as well.

When she accepted the offer of his arm, he found that, for an instant, her touch was cool. It was not as icy as the waters they walked near, but simply as cool as the evening breeze. However, this changed in a heartbeat, for wherever her fingers and palms touched, there was an unexpected sum of warmth left in their wake. Given how chilly the evening was, there was not a peep of complaint out of Darth Metus. Rather, he absently flexed his bicep whilst giving the woman a bemused look out of the side of his eye. Old habits died hard it seemed, and flexing on a pretty woman under the moonlight was one of them.

As they moved along, Kasca voiced her own preferences as the Sith nodded along, stating: "Caf is truly a way of life for me at this point. Not a day goes by where I don't have it." His tone was even and light until the mention of feeling like she had to chew through a particular variety of wine. Darth Metus scrunched up his nose at the thought. "Remind me never to have hot wine." he remarked quietly as she mentioned her love of hot cocoa. Thicker in consistency and not too dark huh. "So you like hot chocolate," he began, speaking in that bemused tone once more, "am I too dark or just right?"

He howled aloud with laughter at his own joke. Enough so that slumbering seagulls squalked and fluttered into the air more than a few paces ahead of them. It wouldn't be much longer until they reached the luau, and from there they would simply have to walk inside from the deck and over to the caf shop. Darth Metus was in no hurry, for he was very clearly enjoying this walk a lot more now than he was minutes before.

blood.png

"I think since its the most legal, cheap and easy to get of stimulants, Caf will be a way of life for most people who even remotely enjoy the taste." She replied as they walked along the beach. She was glad the sand here was hard enough so that she wasn't awkwardly sinking and balancing with every step. She looked up in surprise at his question concerning hot chocolate and blushed profusely, laughing a bit self consciously. She had not meant the joke, but it was a good one he caught up and played with nonetheless. She could only be glad in that moment, that he had not taken her completely seriously or had been offended. "I think only time will tell." She teased with a bit of a gleam on her eye betrayed by the more extensive blush on her cheeks.

The lights of the luau started to fully illuminate the pair as they approached, even though they were significantly dimmed to what they were over an hour ago when she had left. Music was far more quiet than it had been. Many people remained but the energy and tone of the evening had changed from frantic party frenzy to a slower, more sensuous pace. She could see, even before they came to the edge of the party, that many people were still dancing together, but it was... more amorous. Certainly those not dancing were in intimate conversation or touching each other in a way that was unmistakable. If she hadn't been intending for that to be one result of her drug, she might have felt more affected by the scene. As it was, she entered the Luau with her head held pretty high and a small satisfied smile on her face.

dividerfela.png
Lust was in the air.

As the pair continued their walk towards the Luau, the fruits of Kasca's labor were made manifest to the Vicelord's senses. Though he was not actively attempting to sus anything out in the Force, the sheer amour transpiring at the festivity was jarring to say the least. By the time the joke about hot chocolate escaped his lips, the Sith's eyebrows jumped in surprise for a moment. When last he felt anything like this, it was a party in his youth where clothing was optional and spice was being snorted off of obscene surfaces. Darth Metus batted his eyes for a moment, returning to the world of the living whilst the Mandragora on his arm laughed at his jest. Looking down, he could see the faint crimson upon her cheeks - no doubt from chuckling up a storm in response to his joke. Only time would tell huh?

"It's okay if I'm too dark, we can always add marshmallows." came his immediate response, complete with wiggling eyebrows.

Eventually, the pair entered the Luau and the young woman seemed...confident as she walked upon the deck. It was as if she were basking in the glory of her accomplishment - a fact which elicited a toothy grin from the Sith as they stepped. As they moved along, he noted just how handsy the couples on the dance floor were getting with one another; and found himself grateful that he had not partaken in any snacks prior to his walk. "You must know your stuff to liven up a party like this." he remarked. "Did you pick that up in university or is it a past time?"

Now it was the Vicelord's turn to ask loaded questions.

blood.png

Marshmallows? Kasca bit her lip to keep from smiling more than she already was. If she wasn't mistaken, he was flirting. Whether or not it was in earnest... well, she wouldn't judge. Honestly, she had no real comparison to judge against and it would be foolish to make any assumptions concerning [member="Darth Metus"] anytime soon. He was a stranger to her, albiet a charming one who seemed very determined to rid her of the voices that plagued her all her life.

She looked out at her handiwork, observing as he had how people were enjoying themselves. There were cuddle piles, groups of friends (either newly made or long since befriended) deep in conversation, there were lovers showing a preview of later attractions. There were a few people who gazed out into the night, obviously content. Kasca felt it important to make sure Metus understood the nature of her designed drugs. "Well, it is not the kind of drug that makes this happen per se. It is more that it enables a bolstering of one's desires in whatever form they take. It enhances pleasure. If they were not wanting to do what they are doing, the drug would not make them do it, but I am glad that so many seem to have found enjoyment with it. I for instance, desired to connect with people. When that didn't happen, the drug did not push me harder to make it happen so that whatever I was doing was false. So I left to clear my head and the voices took advantage of my weakness."

"Some of it I learned from schooling. Some of it from the Jedi archives. Some of it through meditation and experimentation." She shifted her gaze from the dance floor and surrounding area, back to Metus. There was no reason for her not to tell him all that he wanted to know and more. "When I left the Jedi, they were falling apart and did not notice. I stole a ship. For two years I remained on my own and indulged in my more scientific hobbies. Manipulating chemistry is certainly a favorite of mine."

dividerfela.png
They were cut from the same cloth, it seemed.

Though the latest of his jests did not elicit further chimes of laughter from the woman, the Sith could tell that her mood was improving. She was not at the euphoric levels of the compatriots they began to pass on the way to the caf shop, but she was certainly better than he had found her only minutes ago. Against the light, her cheeks featured a shade of red that was not from tears and vicious voices; but rather from laughter and bright smiles. This was a good and welcome change. As they moved through what remained of the festivities, their conversation transitioned towards the nature of her handiwork. And, just as he had seemingly answered her unspoken inquiries, she saw between the lines of his own.

What he found was a kindred spirit who took great pleasure in seeing what shapes she could twist creation. He forte was that of chemistry, whilst his was in metallurgy. However, a reality made itself apparent in the mind of the Sith as she shared the details of her craft and where it began. Through his eldest apprentice, Srina, he had found a true friend and a successor to his sorceries; but as of yet none who called Darth Metus Master knew the finer workings of his Alchemy. Adron Malvern, through his own experiments, was scratching the surface, yet he had not divulged these teachings to any of his pupils just yet.

They simply did not share that same creationist spirit as he, and thus the craft would be wasted on them. Srina thrived on the magickal aspects that he had to offer and took to the spells and techniques quite well. Adron to his mentoring when it came to tempering ambition and leadership overall. Yet perhaps Kasca would be the one to inherit his greatest knowledge - that of pushing creation itself to its very limits. The Sith smiled at the thought and continued to stride along in step with the woman as she spoke. "Color me impressed, Kasca." he began, first acknowledging her skill with chemistry. "On the surface I had thought it was simply a means of augmenting the mood, but I see that it is much more now. The applications of this are...well, endless."

His mind briefly entertained more militant applications before he continued. "You're also quite the adept mind. Left to my own devices, I don't think I would have been able to uncover the tenets of Alchemy as I have, yet you have worked wonders in just two years of solitude? It seems I may learn just as much from you as you from I." His words were punctuated by a light chuckle as he reached for the door to the resort. His palm pressed it forward, admitting them both inside. The caf shop was only a short walk away now.

"And, I'd say that your drug worked as intended. You've connected with me, after all."

blood.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom