Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Emperor's Embrace

YMCA0tR.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To Sub the Artifact Vrak found on Ord Radama
  • Image Source: Edited Render
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: The Emperor's Embrace
  • Manufacturer: Vitiate
  • Affiliation: Vrak Nashar
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Alchemical Stone
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Artifact
  • Size: Handheld
  • Diameter: 11.6cm
Strengths:
Potential:
The Emperor's Embrace was an artifact originally created to help 'push' Sith to their true potential. Vitiate first constructed The Embrace as a method to force his children and servants to reach their full potential faster. The Device accomplishes through a simple, but powerful feedback of the darkside and a sliver of Vitiate's teachings. Not a true holocron by any sense of the word and containing no corporal knowledge, The Embrace instead forces instinct into the mind of the wielder, pressing them to hold a greater amount of the darkside and forcing them to channel it in the way they deem natural. In this way The Emperor's Embrace allows a Sith to press themselves further along their own potential, gaining not knowledge, but further control over the Darkside of the force.

Power: Though the primary function of the artifact is to help further oneself, The Emperor's Embrace also naturally functions as device for enhancing ones own power. Through it's construction The Embrace acts as a focus for the darkside. This allows wielder of The Embrace to hone and enhance their strength, giving them the ability to create more powerful and lasting effects with the darkside of the force. The Embrace is not a supply of power, but rather an avenue to further hone their dark powers.

Weaknesses:
Lightside:
As one might expect The Emperor's Embrace is incredibly vulnerable to artifacts and strikes from the Light. Force Light and Force Imbued Blades can easily shatter The Emperor's Embrace if it is not properly shielded.

Echo: The Embrace was constructed by one of the most powerful Sith Lords to ever exist, and this shows in the devices 'personality'. An odd sort of echo clings to The Embrace, a voice that is not quite conscious, but nevertheless convincing. Though the device is hardly sentient there seems to be a malingering spirit within it, one that urges the wielder to kill, destroy, and conquer. The Embrace is an influence to the mind, and unless one holds a truly impressive amount of Willpower the Echo is hard to resist.

Dangerous: First and Foremost The Emperor's Embrace is a short cut, and like most short cut it is incredibly dangerous. Not only was this device created by Vitiate, but it's very nature means that it is almost certainly capable of killing the wielder. The great amount of power and strength that can be wielded through the device is more than enough to burn a person out of the force, creating a feedback effect that could backfire and render the user incapable of utilizing the force in any form, rendering little more than a shattered void.

DESCRIPTION

When the Empire of old was at his height there were thousands of Sith, all of whom were clamoring for some sort of power.

Hundreds fought over one another, dozens rose, but only a few were ever worthy of note from the Great Sith Emperor. Vitiate bestowed his gifts upon only a few, and those whom he looked upon dreaded his gaze almost as much as they welcomed it. When The Sith Emperor deemed you worthy of his attention he would either grant you power or wipe you from the galaxy.

The Emperor's Embrace is a tool that could do both.

Though no one knows when it was originally created or crafted many people presume that Vitiate first forged the device for his many children. Given the nature of the device this explanation seemed the most likely, particularly due to it's aptitude towards Purebloods. The device itself is simple in appearance, a series of rings that seem to overlap one another over and over again until they form a tightly packed sphere.

When touched by a wielder of the Darkside of the Force the rings within the Sphere begin to glow, and once power is slowly channeled through the device an almost buzzing drone enters the air.

The Emperor's Embrace was created to force evolution. The device pushes a Darksider to the next step of their own potential, allowing them a glimpse of the control and mastery of the force that Vitiate once held. The Embrace drives a persons instincts, allowing them a greater grasp and understanding of their own strength. This understanding however is not infinite, and The Embrace does not grant knew knowledge, rather simply insight into ones own potential. This process is incredibly dangerous as it essentially forces the wielder to take a step that they might not be ready for, pushing them to take on a greater amount of power and potentially leaving them as little more than a burnt out shell of what they once were.

Use of the Embrace is not to be taken lightly, though in the correct hands it can be a truly fearsome weapon.

When properly utilize The Embrace allows a Sith to take a step beyond what they once were, giving them the insight and strength to push themselves further than before. This insight is not born of any foreign power, but instead greater understanding of themselves. It was for this reason that Vitiate designed it, to push his servants to a next level in hope that they might stand against his tests. The Device in it of itself is a cruelty, a way to force someone to see deeper into the darkside of the force.

The Embrace twists and breaks, it bends and stretches, pushing the user to new heights. Accomplishing this only through it's ability to focus and guide the users power.

The risks cannot be understated however, and during the Emperor's reign many fell to the cruelty of The Embrace itself. Among Vitiate's inner-circle The Embrace was seen as a gift and a curse, something The Emperor presented as a test as much as a sign of faith.

It was during Darth Maglus' second attack on Ord Radama that a Sith Lord accompanying Malgus was given The Embrace. During the ensuing battle the Sith utilized the Embrace, drawing upon it's strength and lashing out a net of power that forced him forward. The Sith reached out with his mind, shattering the will of The Republic Forces...and his own. The Embrace took the Sith, rendering him an inert fool and sending his vessel crashing into the earth. There it lay dormant until the attack on Ord Radama by Vrak and Rakosh.

The Embrace was then eventually recovered, retrieved by Vrak and taken into his care.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

Rusty

Howdy. My name is Rusty and I am the law. Wait, no, I am your friendly neighborhood Factory Judge. I guess that means I'll be reviewing this submission.

So what I'm gathering is that this thing is sort of a turbocharger for Sithy stuff. It forces you to either get stronger or get deader, and can be used to augment power levels. In concept, the idea is solid, but in order to stick the landing and get this thing approved, you'll need to build in limits. As it stands, there's a whole lot of vagueness here, and that's just asking for trouble. What we need from you is to lay out how much boost you get out of it, both in training and as a power amplifier, and at what point it reaches out to shank you in the brain.

When you get done, or if you have any questions, holler and we'll get this thing rolling.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Rusty"]

I don't think I can really be all that specific.

The force is incredibly nuanced in how it's written and described by pretty much everyone. As stated in this sub one person using this might not get as much out of it as the next person utilizing it. If say a Master of Sith Sorcery touches the orb and attempts to use the 'potiential' part of it they won't suddenly be able to blow up a star or something, rather they'd just likely learn a minutia of more control over the destructive effects of Sith Sorcery. However, if an amateur of the force touches it they will gain insight on instinctual aspects of the Darkside(Force Lighting, Choking someone out of anger, etc).

Same goes with the 'power up' part of this. It would function much the same way, some will get more out of it than others and it comes with the same risk as the darkside always does. If I suddenly go "this makes you twice as powerful in the darkside" I believe it will do more harm than good.

I was vague because I think putting a hard numerical limit on something like this isn't conducive to good story telling. I can't honestly put something in the sub like "If you use this for more than 5 posts with a power that effects 2+ people it will cause you to be force dead." That's not really fun. Most people will use this responsibly(If it ever even leaves Vrak's hand), if not it will get reported and pulled.

The limits for this are in my opinion, already there in the Weaknesses, as well as in the force itself.

Rusty

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to insist you make the attempt. As it stands, the submission reads as if there are no hard caps and that one could theoretically have unlimited potential in the Dark side, and an unlimited power boost to boot. Without the edits to clarify, we might not be able to move forward to the next step in the approval process.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Rusty"]

How so?

The device doesn't actually serve as a "booster' like a Force Nexus or something similar. It is a focus, meaning it simply allows one to push themselves to their own limit. The cap is the character. Same with the knowledge portion of it. It doesn't teach you any techniques of the darkside, simply presses you a bit further to a point where you maybe could learn those techniques.

You could make an argument that this means it gives someone a the potential for "unlimited abuse" of the item but then I would counter and say they don't actually need the item at all to do that.

Rusty

If you wish to edit the submission to reflect that it's a focus rather than a booster, then by all means. I think that would be an acceptable compromise. However, in its current state, it reads like a Force nexus that boosts one's potential. As such, it will needs the limits as stated before.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Rusty"]

Vrak Nashar said:
Through it's construction The Embrace acts as a focus for the darkside.

Vrak Nashar said:
This understanding however is not infinite, and The Embrace does not grant new knowledge, rather simply insight into ones own potential.

Vrak Nashar said:
The Embrace is not a supply of power, but rather an avenue for a further hone their dark powers.

Vrak Nashar said:
Accomplishing this only through it's ability to focus and guide the users power.

Vrak Nashar said:
The Embrace drives a persons instincts, allowing them a greater grasp and understanding of their own strength.

[member="Vrak Nashar"] [member="Rusty"]
The factory judge asked you several times to please to edit your submission in order for it to process through the approval process. However, your tone through out the discussion gives the perception of being argumentative and not working with the request made by the factory judge.

As such I am denying the submission. You may request a second chance if you would like.

<p>This submission has been denied and moved to the Archives.<br /><br />You may request a Second Chance within the Factory Discussion Forum and tag Cira for review.<br /><br />Thank you!</p>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom