Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Devil went down to Cerea... [Invite Only]

Cerea_NEGAS.jpg
Location: Cerea - Surface. Aboard Jedi ship at Outsider Enclave.​
Objective: Find & Harvest Kasha Crystal(s)​
Participants: [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Jannik Morlandt"] (PM to join if you wish)
Hours ago, Aitis had felt the ship touch down on the surface of Cerea, and he had waited as patiently as he could for one of the two Jedi Masters on this trip to come retrieve him so that they might begin the mission in earnest. He had passed the time by reading up on Cerea and it's inhabitants. Geological reports and data and more. There was really little to indicate where Kasha crystal were generally found, a byproduct of the xenophobia almost of the Cereans he supposed. So they had picked an area as likely as any other, and set down at the nearest outside enclave to set out.

While he waited, Aitis merely spent the time reading more, or meditating, and indeed whoever walked into his room would find him deep within the state of Emptiness, seeking reason and meaning to several visions plaguing him of late, his face and body slack, relaxed, filled with the will of the Force, but sweat beading down his back and brow in ice-cold rivulets.

It had been some time since Avalore's first venture into Lightside Alchemy. Though she had failed at her first attempts, splendidly at that, it had not dampened her curiosity of the subject. The Healer would never lie about her abilities within the esoteric, but she had been assured that if her skills at Healing were any sign of her capability with Alchemy, then all she really needed was practice.

Practice.

Faith.

Trust.

And a bit of pixie dust.

Also a crystal.

Word had reached her on Cato of this young Jedi's venture to Cerea to find some crystals. These crystals, as [member="Hal Terrano"] had taught her late that night in the archives of the Sanctuary, had particularly strong effects on the user. Mental clarity, perhaps spiritual, too. Dreadfully useful for a Jedi Guardian as a lightsaber crystal. For a Healer? An amulet would work wonders.

So here she was, mind set and will steeled, ready to track down the elusive.

"Oh," Avalore had only just walked into the room to find the man in question deep in meditation, "..." she said nothing. She said nothing because she had realized seconds later that he had no eyes. Literally no eyes to speak of.

No one told her he was a miraluka.

Avalore lifted a hand to itch absently at her own. You know, just to make sure she still had hers, too.

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Location: Cerea - Surface. Aboard Jedi ship at Outsider Enclave.
Objective: Find & Harvest Kasha Crystal(s)
Participants: [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

Aitis laughed, a rich and mellow sound as the woman itched at her own eyes. His awareness of her had started the moment she entered the room, if not a step or two before. Shaking his head, he uncrossed his legs and stood, grinning a bit as he inclined his head respectfully to the Healer and stuck out his hand to shake it, speaking in a mid-tone voice pleasant except for the slight grate a few years on Nar Shada had put on it (think Collin Farrel's voice).

"I assure you my condition is not catching m'am... It is congenital and quite safe. I am Aitis, Jedi Padawan... And you I know the face of, but not your name... I've seen you when meditating... May I know your name, miss?"

"Ah, right-" still staring, she couldn't help it. Of all the medical maladies she'd come across, an absence of eyes had not been one. She'd also never met a miraluka before, and quite frankly she knew next to nothing about them.

Wasn't there a holofilm about them?

Clearing her throat, the Healer blinked out of her gaping stare and took the proffered hand in a firm handshake, "Avalore Eden, I'm a Healer of the Order," she gave him an odd look, "you...see me in your meditation?"

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

The Padawan would nod confidently, his smile infectious and genuine despite the odd looking face to most. There were gifts that put people off, confused them and conflicted them and made them clam up and treat you differently. Farsight was one of them, but he had learned to be slightly more diplomatic about it and announcing the odd bits of knowledge he sometimes would be able to come up with thanks to his prescience.

"Yes.... I did not know your name, or that you were a healer, but I am a Seer. I have seen your face recently, but did not know why. It seems this journey together may be the reason why. My gift is still rather raw and untrained compared to many, and it is hard to control and decipher yet, so I only knew your face... With practice I am told the most powerful of seers would often know of a friendship years before they met the friend, so to speak. It is a pleasure to meet you finally."

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"Oh...how ironic," Avalore did not miss the irony. A sightless Seer - sounded like the grounds for a new holodrama.

She smiled easily, wondering if he could even tell expressions by some other manner. Maybe he could feel it? Was he an empath too maybe? This was rather awkward. Avalore cleared her throat gently and decided it was probably best to stop staring.

"Jedi Knight Morlandt should be joining us soon. He's a Seer, too. Have you met him yet?"

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

He gestured, shifting uncomfortably at the mention of Janik, but nodded hesitantly confirming that he at least knew of the man. A frustrated aura would run off the man in waves as he rubbed at his temple, a spike of pain in it indicating at some point he would be having a rather violent or powerful vision in the not-so-distant future. Smiling, he tried to disarm the tension he was sure it would create, gesturing to his sparse bunk.

"Shall we go see if we can find him and begin the trek then?"

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"I suppose that's as good a plan as any," Avalore smiled, not having picked up on the rising tension within the Seer before her. Empathy was not one of her gifts, and for a man without eyes it was all the more difficult to place any sort of emotion.

Thank goodness he wasn't mute, too.

Ping.

"Oh, hold on- a message..." pulling a comlink from her robes, the Healer quickly read the missive, "speak of the Devil ... a message from Knight Morlandt. He's running behind schedule and says to go on ahead, he'll catch us up when he can."

A sigh. Avalore admittedly was a bit off-put by this news, having hoped to use Jannik as a bit of a buffer between herself and her eye-less companion, but she supposed this is what she got for being such a shut-in.

Deal with your issues, girl, before they become volumes.

"Well, let's get going then," a self assured smile was good here. Wait...he couldn't see that.

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Smiling, the padawan stood and threw up his hood, casting the top portion of his face into shadow and concealing his lack of eyes. He moved about the room efficiently, gathering a worn looking knapsack, and checking food capsules and the like as he turned and smiled at Avalore, a reach of telekinesis brought a pair of gloves to him as he slid the supple leather over his hands and reached out again to pull a blackthorn walking staff to him.

Thinking, he nodded and gestured to the door in readyness.

"I suppose we can move on then... And don't worry about the lack of eyes, I've seen you watching me as I move... I can see through Force Sight, and quite better than almost any Jedi Master really. So my vision is probably better than yours, as ironic as that is when I lack eyes."

[member="Avalore Eden"]

"I'll-"

What exactly did one say to the sentence and don't worry about the lack of eyes ...?

Avalore made a face, fumbled, pondered, then nodded. She wasn't familiar with the vast sources of powers that most Jedi employed through the Force - she'd never been able to use much of anything aside from those associated with Healing. Force Sight sounded fancy, and was likely just another one of those powers she would quietly respect and revere from the sidelines, as usual.

"...I'll have you know I have 20/20 vision," she said finally, "but I've no doubt there is probably rather alot more things than seeing that you're better at than me," as she turned and lead the way through the door and down the hallway. She'd never claimed to be good at much of anything and she wasn't about to start now. Getting the job done had always been the more pressing issue.

She smiled despite herself, "I understand these crystals are somewhat rare. Have you already scouted a lead on a location or are we going to be searching through old rumors?"

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

"I don't have an exact location, but I have some ideas and intelligence. They don't take enormously kindly to outsiders on Cerea. But it's at least narrowed down to a moderately sized cave complex. And I was told on Ossus meditation can help show me how to find the crystal I am meant to use, a sort of magnetic attraction."

Smiling, he reached out to pat her shoulder as he walked past her out into the hallway and pointed towards where he had been told he could find a speeder waiting to reach the caves.

"And I know your eyesight is just fine... I learned growing up as I did that one must not let such things as a lack of eyes be a handicap and source of frustration. I let it be a source of humor and inspiration for others."

[member="Avalore Eden"]

Avalore wasn't sure if she should feel comforted or offended by a Padawan patting a Master on the shoulder. Wasn't that her job? She sniffed, straightened her robes, and followed after him trying not to think of how a Padawan without eyes could likely fight off a Sith far better than she ever dreamed she could.

And who would be mending his boo-boo's at the end of the day...

"Yes, I've participated in several Light-Alchemy studios. Crystals are the main subject of study, currently, and while I've never had to search for a Lightsaber Crystal, I've plenty of experience working with them otherwise." So long as Mind-Meld wasn't an avenue of research, they would be perfectly fine. She smiled despite herself, "If I can teach you this today, it will be the first time I've trained anyone in anything other than Healing techniques."

[member="Aitis Powarth"]

Living as he had this past handful of years made the weary seer a recluse - at least in the eyes of the many whose company he used to keep with a better frequency - if spiriting from place to place with Chloe Blake and Choli Vyn could be called reclusive. Some very telling connections had been made in his life approximately five years prior and had worked in him a change that drove him to what was the fact of his existence now.

But he could hardly pass up the odd opportunity to go spelunking - or whatever - with a friend or two. That is, those that knew how to reach him. There were ways, few to none having to do with the Jedi Order headed by one Corvus Raaf... but that was nothing against her. Nothing against them at all. 'It's not you, it's me...' and it was all him, and all of him was on Cerea, catching up to [member="Aitis Powarth"] and [member="Avalore Eden"] with a promise to [member="Chloe Blake"] that he would be along with her to do her - their?- brand of poking around the northwestern-ish span of the galaxy after this was all said and done.

"I haven't missed anything of terrible importance, have I?" He had walked up, catching the tail-end of the part of the conversation about eyes, or lack thereof. "Good to see you, A- Master Eden."

It made him smile, imperceptibly, seeing a familiar face. One he'd known since he was but a padawan. So long ago.

"And you," he looked to the eyeless, but not sightless padawan, "I may have seen you in one training session or another, but it's been quite some time."

Quite possibly years.

OOC - [member="Aitis Powarth"] I do believe you've spoken with Janni OOCly and expressed a lacking interest in continuing here. Sad to see you go. We intend to continue this thread as I very much want Avalore to have a Kasha Crystal and we have an opportunity for another Padawan to join as well. We'll RP you out as having been called back by your Master, and should you choose to rejoin just hop on back in. :) Good RPing with you, short as it was!

IC -

It was a short while later, after some manner of confusion that neither Seer had seen coming–a fact that Avalore found mildly amusing for some reason–Padawan Powarth had received an urgent message from his Master requiring him back. It was likely that Aitis was off for an important mission and neither Avalore nor Janni could blame him for taking his leave. They parted ways, and Avalore found herself once again working alongside [member="Jannik Morlandt"], a Knight she often wondered about.

Troubled soul, that one. Avalore could tell by the glint in his eyes. He hid it well, or maybe he didn't. She wasn't know for being particularly perceptive about other's feelings, nor was she any practitioner of Empathy, but there was a pain there that she knew of if only because it was familiar to herself.

Loss, and a lot of it.

What that loss was, however, she didn't know and she had no intentions of asking. It was the sort of treatment she liked to receive from others. Don't ask me the hard questions, I'm never ready to answer them.

"Janni," Avalore began, smiling gently as she looped an arm around his while they walked, nudging a shoulder against him, "look at you and your facial hair. It's like you grew up or something."

This was casual. This was better. She and Jannik may not have been close but they'd worked together enough that she felt confident in calling him friend at the very least. He was a pleasant individual and Avalore had always enjoyed the variety of words he brought to the table, accent 'n all.

Aitis was careful not to say anything. Though sporadic, his visions were growing stronger when they did come at least. Master would not be joining him, for whatever reason, and he couldn't blame her. But for his part, he controlled his frustration. If he hadn't been blinded by optimism, he should have seen this coming a mile away. A click on the console turned the comm off, and he gathered his bag, which held a truly meager and small collection of supplies and personal items. Some would almost call his level of existence ascetic, but truth was he wasn't doing it out of morality. He had been poor so long, the young miralukan had just gotten used to going without. Even having a few extra changes of clothes made him feel almost opulent.

He headed to the shuttle, and waited on them to come to him. To pass the time the young padawan took up a position on the shuttle floor over to the side, arms and legs crossed in a lotus position. With a twitch of his hands he cast the hood over his face and sighed as the garment hid sightless eyes and he began to try to relax his muscles, to sink into a complete trance. For some reason, unbidden, his conversation with the one being on Nar Shada kept replaying in his mind... The moral questions, the cold blooded murder... There was a turmoil there he could not quench, and it kept him from perfect calm, kept a spiky bubble of irritation and frustration around him rather than serene calm.

[member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Jannik Morlandt"]

He mock-scoffed.

"If I didn't know better, Avalore, I'd think you were saying I wasn't a man before now."

A corner of his mouth lifted in humour for a brief moment. Without padawans within earshot, he could relax just a little - not that his life was rife with relaxation, at least not in his mind, no matter what he did when aboard the Aurora Hawk. His face turned a bit pensive, and he patted the arm looped around his, leaving his hand to rest at that spot, thereafter.

"If I wasn't all grown up before, the years have done more than that to me," he admitted, and that was all he was going to say about it, "and you, Avalore? How have the years been treating you?"

He didn't expect too much of an answer; any would do. He tried not to let his thoughts wander too far and wide as they steered towards the shuttle.

[member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Aitis Powarth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom