Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The deep breath

Coruscant
Jedi Temple

For over a week the Padawan's dorm had been somewhat of a mess. Thing had been getting tied together that made Aiden a little bit uneasy to be quite honest. He tried to play it off that it was just in his head. But when the evidence was there right in his face. He couldn't exactly just turn away and ignore it.

So he began an investigation. Because....that what he was an investigator. Totally wrong, paperwork was scattered everywhere and his research looked like a jumbled up collection of yarn that would take days to go through. So, on this day he was actually completely tidying up his room. Either he did or he would get kicked out of the Jedi Temple for his room being so messy. All this talk about the Exchange and the attack on Aveline and the situation with the crash at the front of the Jedi Temple. It just didn't seem like it was a coincidence. Everything that had happened had made him take a real good look at himself as he opted to hold off for another few months. But with tensions rising with the Empire and everything going on at home. He knew it was time to start taking his training with the Lightsaber a bit more on the heavy side.

For starters, creating his own lightsaber would be the best way to start.

Aiden's earlier years were combated with constant moving and also perhaps even doubt. Even though he tried his best and perhaps even he was just underestimating himself. So his nature with the force at first was a bit slower than normal. So he studied and practiced over and over. He was definitely the bookworm growing up, perhaps even more now. Upon his arrival to Coruscant his training and learning had caught up with him. However this caused his abilities with the lightsaber to not gain as much ground. He had indeed practiced with the blade, but not as much as he should have.

He had researched a small deal about Lothal and the Jedi temple that was founded and could only be exposed by use of the force. If anyone could embark on this venture it was definitely him. He also wouldn't mind going by the Westhills. They were famous for their Jogan fruit, yet when the Empire much of it was destroyed. But it has since returned and a new family manages it now. He grew quite fond of the fruit ever since Master Solenne Abraxas Solenne Abraxas gave him one during their training session in the Temple Gardens. He wanted to bring some back to her. He knew she would like it, as well as the rest of the padawans would.

However he didn't want to go alone. He had inquired if Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn would join him and she accepted thankfully. He figured it would be good to also spend some time together to get to know each other. Aiden made it his personal task to look out for anyone that he could. And gain their trust and such so if they were ever in trouble. They would know they could count on him no matter what.

Besides, it was hard making friends growing up since they moved around a bunch. Aiden's door to his padawan dorm was open and he had his bag ready as he was just finishing up tidying things here as he waited for Hollis.

div-purple.png

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte
Making a lightsaber was a very important milestone.

She had her own crystal, but hadn't yet made a personal saber. Instead, she still carried a training saber... and her master insisted that she take a blaster as well, just to be safe. Hollis had been there when Justice Lesan forged his, back when they'd first met on Tython. It had been an amazing experience to witness. And it was a very fond memory because it was before they'd started dating -- a fact that still made her giggle. Today, however, she wouldn't be journeying out with him, but with a new friend -- Aiden Porte.

She was happy to know both Porte twins now, and counted them among her friends here at the temple.

It was pretty cool that Addy was training to be a pilot and a Jedi. Hollis wondered if Aiden was similar, or if his focus was different. She did recall Addy mentioning that he'd started down the path as a counselor. Of course, she'd probably learn more about his ambitions during their trip to Lothal. Hollis had packed the essentials and clipped her training saber to her belt. She'd agreed to meet Aiden at his dorm, and she made her way down the corridors of the temple until she found herself in the hallway outside.

The door was open, so Hollis peeked her head in. "Hey, Aiden?" she called. "It's me, Hollis."

It looked like he was all packed up, too. Hollis offered her fellow padawan a friendly smile. "So, you ready?"

She heard Hollis's voice and he turned and saw her at the door. "Hey!" Aiden said with a smile as he finished up putting things in order. "You can come in if you want. Another minute or two and I'll be ready to go. I'm just cleaning this up before we leave." Aiden said as he finished putting the papers and the files together and put his datapad to the side of it, not wanting to forget that.

"Thanks for accompanying me on this venture. I would've invited Addison Porte Addison Porte but I think she's got here eyes on this boy in their flight squadron or something like that." Aiden said with a small smile. While he was also teasing his sister to even if she wasn't here. Her ears were probably burning right now though. And to this he couldn't help but laugh.

"I did forget to mention one thing though! I can't fly to save me life, my mother and sister and father have those skills. So there are three options. We could take a ship and I could fly and we can crash before we leave Coruscant. You can fly and get us there safely? Or there is a transport leaving to Lothal in about thirty five minutes from the spaceport?" Aiden said with a big smile as he looked towards her. The first option was a complete joke which he hoped she picked up on that. While the other two were the most viable options.

"What do you think?" Aiden inquired as he put his datapad in his backpack and slung the backpack over his shoulder as both arms went through the loops.

Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

Hollis stepped just inside the door frame, not wanting to intrude but not wanting to stand awkwardly in the hallway, either. She chuckled when Aiden mentioned his sister, and Hollis made a mental note to catch up with Addy later to ask about this boy. Girl talk!

But, she brought her attention back to the task at hand.

"Oh, well you're in luck," she said with a smile. "I know how to fly! I mean, just barely – but I can get us to Lothal." Hollis nodded. While she'd been super nervous about flying, she'd had some helpful lessons from Justice and plenty of time on the simulators. She'd even flown Master Noble during their mission, and she'd gotten through it fine.

"Shall we?"

Once he was ready, they'd head for the hangar.

"Have you been to Lothal before?"
she asked, glancing sidelong at Aiden as they walked. "I haven't yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself."

Her master had mentioned the temple a couple of times, hinting that perhaps they'd journey there for some training at some point. But it seemed that her master's current focus was her saber skills.

"Oh, well you're in luck,"
"I know how to fly! I mean, just barely – but I can get us to Lothal."

"That's great! I really didn't want my life to end today."
He said in jest and even laughed slightly. He was totally joking, however he knew that bad things would happen if he were to try and fly a ship.

"Let's do it!"
Aiden said as he slightly pulled on the straps to his backpacks to make it more secure as they left the floor of the Jedi Padawans and made their way towards the hangar.

"I have just have heard of it. From stories from my father. He was their during the battle many years ago during the fall of the Old Alliance. But since then it had been restored and such. Remind me we need before we leave to go by the westhills. There are orchids of jogan fruit trees that grow. They are known to be quite tasty. Not so much that sweet, but a truly refreshing fruit."

"So, how long have you been here?"
Aiden said as he was more curious to learn about those he was in the order with, better relationships and friendship and all that good stuff.

"Jogan fruit?" Hollis echoed. "Will do! I'd like to try one."

This was the fun part about visiting other worlds. Hollis liked learning about the local delicacies. As they entered the hangar, she arched her brows as Aiden asked about how long she'd been here. Time here at the temple seemed to defy everything: some days went fast and some went dreadfully slow, mostly the days where she'd been in rigorous physical training with her new master.

"Gosh," she said, blinking. "It's been around seven months or so."

She'd learned and experienced so much here with the Jedi.

"Though, I have a lot of catching up to do." Hollis smiled. "I didn't start training until I came here. I hadn't had much exposure to force training as a child." She knew already that Addy and Aiden's parents were Jedi, too. She remembered talking about it when she'd first met Aiden's twin.

Soon, they'd arrived and found a small ship to take them. Alright, they'd reached a transport and received clearance to go to Lothal.

"Right," Hollis said and drew a breath. "We're ready to go, then. So, uh, buckle in, and I'll try not to make it too bumpy." She laughed again, but she wasn't joking. It probably was going to be a bit rough, since she was still so new to it. But she wasn't going to crash and kill them, so that was good. Hollis started up the engines and checked the controls over.

Their destination was already set in the nav system.

"Here we go!" With a bit of a bump, the ship lifted off and Hollis got them into atmo without too much fuss.

"They are pretty amazing. You will not be disappointed." Aiden said with a smile on his face. While he assisted Solenne make the pastries he by no means could not take credit for them. Perhaps upon return he would make some for Hollis as thank you for accompanying him on this venture. Aiden was a hearty individual, he enjoyed making people laugh and he held those he knew, friends close to him. His family and friends were everything to him, getting to know more people and helping them if they needed anything. That was his main task in life he felt. He wanted to be strong and wise enough to be able to help everyone. Granted, not the most easy task to be honest. But for him he felt it was what he was meant to do.

"You look like you are catching on pretty quickly." Aiden said with an encouraging smile, also hoping he didn't sound condescending with that comment. That wasn't his intent at all. "Me and Addison were trained since we were younger, so we've had more time to harness and hone our abilities. However, I was more the bookworm and Addison was the adventurous type for sure."

Aiden followed along as they boarded the ship and the Padawan sat in the co pilots seat. He knew he wouldn't be much assistance actually flying the vessel, but if there were in an emergency situation he could follow orders pretty well.

"Here we go!"

Aiden chuckled as the shuttle took off, and just his normal reaction his hands grasped the sides of the armpads as the force from take off lightly pushed him back into his seat a bit more.

"Flying isn't exactly my forte, If I could I'd never leave the ground." Aiden said with a small laugh as the coordinates were set for Lothal and they made the jump to hyperspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom