Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shortage of Power

Coruscant
Jedi Temple

Aiden's assimilation into the Jedi Temple life had been fully completed after nearly a month of being here. Naboo was home, but it was extremely nice to get out of the house and start enjoying things on a more independent level. His training and studies had completely consumed his time. Any spare time that he had was taken up by that. So he hadn't really given himself the opportunity to completely meet any of the other padawans other through way of formality like training sessions and the like.

The Jedi Padawan was sitting on his bed, arms resting on his knees as he was looking over his datapad. His schedule for the rest of the week was quite busy. He was lucky to be able have some free time. But he was fixing to sign himself up for some outgoing assignments. He knew it was time for him to get out into the field and actually do some good. He was ready to help people. And while he tossed his datapad to the side of his bed. He swung his legs over to the edge of the bed and stood up, stretching slightly while doing so. His next destination was the gardens, they were a beautiful place, by far his most favorite place here on Coruscant. The second being the statues of the four masters that recreated the Jedi Temple here on Coruscant, long before his time. He was completely mesmerized by the sight, he didn't fully appreciate it until he got older.

The lights flickered on and off several times for a moment. Aiden came to stop as he glanced up and down the hallway as did several others that were present. "Interesting." Aiden whispered and then the lights went out completely. All that could be seen was the red emergency lights that turned on.

Aiden was on his way towards the elevator when this happened so he turned and went towards the stairs.There were several others that were going down the stairs and one of them happened to be Iris Arani Iris Arani

He remembered her from the training class a few days ago. "Iris, right?" Aiden inquired as he looked towards her. "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Power outages.

They were rare. And rarely they were good. Iris frowned as she glanced up to the red light as it flashed. Something had taken out the power to the temple, then? She ushered some of the younglings on. A pair she'd found hiding out in the library around one of her more hidden nooks. Skipping class of all things. "I suppose class is canceled, then." She hummed, glancing to the pair with a brow raised.

They just shuffled from foot to foot, trying not to look excited at the idea.

"Go on, go. Back to your class. Your teacher will figure out what you should do with the power out, alright?" That earned a couple groans. So much for not going to class. They grumbled as they wandered off, rounding the corner to where their classroom was. She just chuckled. Kids.

"Iris, right?" Aiden inquired as he looked towards her. "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

Iris blinked. Glancing over her shoulder to the voice that addressed her. Not someone she recognized off hand, but she had always been the worst at remembering faces. "I.. Don't. Do you?"

"I.. Don't. Do you?"

"Have no idea. I was in my room when the power went out." Aiden let out a small sigh, while he wondered if these things happened very often. He had been here less than six months and this was the first time this happened. However the others made it seemed like it happened all the time. Aiden narrowed it down to that it was just gossip. "What about you, what were you up too?"

Aiden cleared his throat, realizing a little too late that he was being extremely rude.

"I'm so sorry, where are my manners. My name is Aiden Porte, Jedi Padawan. I'm somewhat new, I think we may have had a lightsaber training class together."

If she didn't remember Aiden wouldn't have taken it seriously. He wasn't really out much aside from his room, training and the Gardens. The gardens being the best place to be.

"Does this happen often?" Aiden asked, looking towards Iris with an inquisitive look.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Making sure some younglings made it to class." Iris hummed just a little, staring off to where they went. Power outages were never good, not on a planet like Coruscant. Not after the temple had just been rebuilt. Her mind drifted to the reasons why before she realized just how in her own head she was getting. "Aiden. Right." She gave a brief smile, but then it was back to business.

This was a problem.

"It shouldn't. C'mon, lets go find out what's up."

Then she turned, pretty much walking off without actually waiting to see if he followed. Too in her own head for the problems this could all mean.

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

Iris Arani Iris Arani

"Very good! I'm sure that's where they were heading." Aiden said with a small smile, when it reality they were actually just hiding out somewhere when the blackout hit.

Well that's good news, at they both felt it was out of place. Which was nice, and then she said mentioned to go investigate. "You really think we should." Aiden said as he thought about it. Then maybe it was something small that they could fix or something they could handle if the situation wasn't getting handled already. Aiden hadn't paid too much attention into the schematics of the temple, making a note in his mind that this would be the first thing he would look into tomorrow. That way he wasn't lost in his own home.

The padawan felt that the temple should've had some sort of back up power or generator to power up the whole facility. That would be probably in the lower levels of the temple, that made the most sense. But if the back up generators didn't fire up, this is just emergency power right now. Aiden was now thinking too much as he caught up with Iris, just relax and stay calm. Jumping to conclusions wasn't helping anything.

"Have you been a Jedi long?" Aiden inquired as they neared the main hall and he came to a halt, there seemed to be an accident that occurred right outside the Jedi Temple. He closed his eyes for a few moments and took a deep breath focusing his mind. He could hear their voices, several in fact. Brief words of accident,crash, individuals injured.

"That's odd....." Aiden thought as his brow furrowed. Strange place for an accident to occur, there wasn't any traffic that came through near the steps hardly ever. It was all foot traffic.

"What do you think?" The Padawan said as he turned to Iris.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"As long as I can remember clearly." Remembering clearly, eh. No, a bit longer than that. The Jedi were who helped her be able to remember. Get to a place where she could, anyway. The colors were pretty calm, all things considered. Mostly. Panic, fear. Pain. Her eyes narrowed on that before she hurried her pace towards it. "I think someone's hurt. C'mon, lets go help."

Well, she wasn't sure what he could do specifically, but Amani Serys Amani Serys would never let her live it down if she didn't try to help some how. A short sprint later, and the source of it all was clear. A crash. Iris's eyes narrowed as she looked over the bodies and the Jedi nearby helping. Without any further delay she rushed to one. the one in the most pain, from what she could tell. Her saber came free from her hip, popping open as she took the pink gem within out and just started mending wounds through the Force, through it.

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

"Interesting." Aiden responded when she mentioned her length of time as a Jedi. Seemed somewhat mysterious in a way at least to him. Before the look of scenery from the crash had overtaken all sense. He followed suit closing in on the crash site. Aiden glanced around for a brief moment and then went to the person on his right. The Jedi Padawan knelt down and he seemed to have an injury to the right of his abdomen. The blood was oozing out slowly. Medical supplies had been brought out by those that got to the scene first.

Aiden cleaned the wound and took a deep breath as there was some heightened feeling of fear mixed with other emotions. It was a trying and demanding situation. However Aiden could only focus on one person at a time. The Padawan cleaned the wound and placed another clean rag against the wound as he held his hand over the rage and gently pressed down. He closed his eyes, tendons,muscles to the inner and outer layer of the skin were damaged. He couldn't sense any broken bones, using the force to aide him obviously. The process was slow, he didn't completely heal the wound. Facilitating the process using the force so he would be healed up fully in about a day or so. "You are gonna be fine, just lay back for a moment."

The Jedi padawan's eyes darted to the arm of the man he was healing and there was a mark on his arm, a tattoo actually. Typcially this wasn't something that was out of the ordinary, however the recalled seeing a similar one on some of the individuals who attacked Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin about a week ago. Aiden stood up and moved over to the next individual, but he wasn't healing them, he was checking for marks, and surely he had one as well. He made sure to not make it obvious what he was doing.

The next three individuals had the same mark.

"Iris....can I talk to you for a brief moment in private?" Aiden inquired kneeling next to her, which seemed to be more urgent than asking a question. Could it be nothing, possible, but didn't want to take that chance.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

It wasn't obvious to most. But it was to Iris.

She had a frown by the time he approached her. She didn't stop what she was doing, tending to the wounds, knitting together what she had to in the Force, letting Bacta and bandages handle the rest. "We tend to the wounded first and foremost. Then we can talk." Iris lifted her gaze, the frown still there even in her eyes. "We help those who need help, before we do anything else. Right, Padawan?"

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

Aiden couldn't help as his concern perhaps clouded his judgment in regards to those that were lying there being tended too. "Of course we do." Aiden said as he nodded to her and then he went about and began to return to helping those that he could.

He remembered that night all to well. It was his first actually brush with combat in his entire life. It was still difficult to believe, he could see the anger in that boys eyes after he had stabbed Aveline. It seemed to entrance him almost, how could one life at such a young age be riddled with so much hate. No one was beyond redemption he was taught that. But he was also taught that you could only help those if they wanted to be helped. They had to have the need and courage to also see they need to help themselves as well.

It seemed things had quieted down finally as everything was easing up. Emotions were calmed and the overall scene looked more under control

"Would it be safe to talk now?" Aiden inquired as he looked towards Iris Arani Iris Arani

That chaos that was swirling outside was merely a diversion, an organization was on the rise in the underbelly of Coruscant. Deep in the lower levels an organization rivaling that off the Exchange, but they were tasked with hunting down Jedi Padawans to prevent the rise of the light side influence in the galaxy. Several assailants had snuck into the Jedi Temple, hiding in plain sight dressed as members of the New Jedi Order and were on their way towards the Padawan levels.

Tasked with one thing, at that was killing as many Jedi Padawans as they could. Even at the cost of their own life.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris nodded. The group was stable, for the most part. And the Temple guard was there. They'd handle the rest, figure out what happened. That was their job after all. She glanced to Aiden, motioning for him to step off to the side. She felt it too. Even when she was helping them, they seemed.. Angry. Too angry.

"Yeah. You know something, right? What's going on?"

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

Aiden cleared his throat as he glanced around before looking back to Iris Arani Iris Arani

"Roughly a week ago I was walking through Coruscant working on some focusing techniques. I picked up on an individual who was in
trouble. It was a gang of sorts were attacking this girl. Turns out she was, well is a Jedi Padawan. I helped her out and brought her back here to the temple to get medical treatment."

Aiden rubbed his chin slightly, as he hoped he wasn't just overthinking things. But it was a gut instinct that this wasn't the case.

"I noticed on the attackers that they held a tattoo similar to the ones that were just here. Obviously not the same person but, similar tattoos. I can't help but assume this is all related somehow. What do you think?" Aiden inquired with a deep concerning look, waiting to see what she thought about this.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"In a galaxy this large similar doesn't mean much. Identical, perhaps. But.." There was no denying the concern in the colors around Aiden. His experience clearly had an effect on him. Worse, the colors around the others gave the same kind of feeling. Around those she helped. That wasn't good. None of this was good.

"We report to a Knight, or a Master. Who ever is in charge of this. And just keep an eye out. It's not our place to try and investigate on our own."

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

It was good to hear anther's opinion on it. At the least it would be reported and he wouldn't be worrying about it so much. I think he was more concerned with the fact that it was a child that had stabbed Aveline and not one of the gangsters. Aiden truly hadn't seen eyes like that before, it was something he wouldn't be forgetting any time soon.

The excitement was over for the most part as the rest of it was just getting the area cleaned up, but that is when the cleaning droids came out.

"Do you..." Aiden started as he directed back towards the temple. "Would you like...." The Padawan cleared his throat again before speaking. "Some coffee perhaps, or some other sort of beverage?" Aiden inquired as he glanced towards Iris with a small smile. He wasn't sure why he always led with the coffee, perhaps that was something internally because his mother was addicted to the beverage and that was something that was passed on. Truth be told he didn't really care for caf, which made this all the more weird that this was the second time he asked someone if they wanted to get some coffee. Not that Aiden was hitting on Iris, granted she was indeed beautiful. But just....nah. Wasn't the best time.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris made sure there was at least some Knight or Master in the know about this extra information. Just to make sure there'd be some kind of adult or person in charge in the know. Then, she blinked. Glanced to Aiden at his question. And shrugged. "Caf sounds nice. Why not?"

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

"That would be good. Granted, I"m not sure why I said Caf." Aiden said with a small chuckle and ran his hand through his hair nonchalantly. "I don't really care for Caf, my parents are the ones who love that beverage. Especially my mother."

It wasn't a few moments later as they started walking back into the entrance to the Jedi Temple, that the voice of a Jedi Knight guardsmen sounded through their minds.

Padawan level, intruders are attacking. All available Jedi assist immediately.

Aiden got a chill creep up his spine as he took off towards the stair, as did several others. "Could the front had been a diversion?" Aiden said as they ascended the steps along with Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Right." Iris nodded, just a little. Family. A lot of Jedi she's met seemed to remember their parents. It felt weird, all things considered. Them being who they are and such. Not that she had long to think about it. The colors shifted, darker. Her eyes narrowed as she turned her gaze back and nodded. She took off in a full sprint, following the colors. Trying to find where the fight was exactly.

"Maybe. Stay close."

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

"Understood." Aiden responded while keeping close to Iris. While he had his training saber, at the point his affinity with the force would've been a more reliable bet at this time. However his training blade would have to be a solid second. It wasn't long before the ascent began and they were sprinting towards. You could at that point, like before could hear the commotion, and feel the emotions of those involved. Blaster fire and the sound of saber hitting steel could be heard.

Aiden arrived at the foot of the steps and was inclined to assist the first Jedi he saw. He raised his hand outward quickly and a force push sent towards the attacker and he was blasted back several feet. Not even a second later he was tackled from the side and knocked to the ground. The assailant with a dagger pointed down towards the Jedi Paawan's chest. Aiden held a firm grip on the attackers wrist, keeping it from piercing his skin.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

There was more fighting than she expected. Iris paused for only a moment, trying to piece through the haze of colors. Friend, foe, innocent. Her brow knitted together as her expression hardened. Experience brought with it the ability to push through fear and hesitation. And there was nothing that gave more experience than war. Her blade flicked out as an unseen attacker came from behind, the cold blue of her blade igniting in their gut. They fell. Not dead, never dead.

Then she was there beside Aiden, her blade passively arcing through the assailant's neck. No blood, no wound, but his eyes rolled back as he fell unconscious and rolled to the side. Iris reached a hand down, her gaze flicking through the room.

"On you're feet! We're helping evacuate the civilians, understood Padawan?"

Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

"Thanks!" Aiden said as he automatically reached for her hand for help up. "Understood!" Aiden spoke confidently as he helped begin the evacuation of this level. The Jedi Padawan immediately went into action, almost as if Iris Arani Iris Arani words drove him into full action. Aiden helped those that were hiding for cover and those poor younglings that were caught in the cross fire. Aiden using the force when necessary as a barrier to protect those that were hurt.

There's a few more down the hall, pacify them immediately The voice of a Jedi Master called out to those in the area.

"It's gonna be alright!" Aiden inquired as a small youngling child seemed to have sprained an ankle. The Padawan picked her up in his arms and back away to get her out of the immediate danger area and returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom