Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Deathtroopers of Krieg

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
mandalorian_super_commando.jpg

Intent: To create something similar to the death korps of krieg in star wars, and to provide clan naudir with an elite infantry unit.

Image Credit: Here With slight edits |

Role: Elite trooper brigade, deployed as elite fireteams in most cases.

Sources:
As requested: Death Korps of krieg From Warhammer 40k/
Actual primary source that has been modified: Death Troopers, and Shadow Troopers |

Links: Krieg

GENERAL INFORMATION

Unit Name: "The Deathtroopers of krieg" or "kyr'am'verde be'krieg" in mando'a

Affiliation: Clan Naudir, The planet Krieg

Classification: Infantry\Jumptroopers

Equipment: Blitz'gam mk Armor, TL-50 Blaster repeater, or DLT-19x Targeting blaster rifle, depending on the squadron and mission requirements, ZX Mini flame projector mounted to their vambraces, and are typically armed with a spare vbroknife, or an Force pike in some cases, along with thermal detonators.
MF repulsor pack.

Description: A highly trained brigade of soldiers, taken from the top recruits of the mandalorian training programs on krieg, or inducted from notable individuals from other units, the deathtroopers of krieg are the grim defenders of their homeworld, trained to kill in it's defense, and taught put all else aside, the deathtroopers of krieg will put down their lives, or the lives of others if it means defending krieg from it's enemies. It has earned them the respect of their people, and the fear of their enemies. They all wear their signature Blitz'gam armor, and are marked by a single mythosaur skull pin worn either on the breastpocket of their uniform, or the belt of their kana.

The Deathtroopers of krieg are typically deployed in small fire teams, but can also act as shock troopers if the situation call for it. The Deathtroopers are often attached to a QRF fleet, fireteams are never more than a quick hyperspace jump away from the main brigade.

COMBAT INFORMATION

Unit Size: Large, Never more than 1000 active deathtroopers at any given point in time.

Unit Availability: Unique

Unit Experience: Elite

Combat Function: the deathtroopers of krieg are trained to act as elite fireteams of 2 to 4 individuals, usually providing sniper support, recon, slicing, and other special support. In some cases, the brigade will act as an elite shock trooper unit, should the need arise.

Strengths:
+The best of krieg: The deathtroopers are picked from only the best graduates of krieg's training programs, and undergo more advanced training with clan naudir, they are taught to handle themselves with most melee weapons and to fight hand to hand. Certain individuals that show keen eyesight are selected as squad marksman, and they are taught to maneuver as needed with repulsor packs.

+Beyond human: The deathtroopers of krieg have cybernetics that dull pain once wounded, built in flash contacts, and an Experience chip To allow faster learning.

Weaknesses:
-The Force: This is not specifically an anti FU unit, while future squadrons could in theory be outfitted specifically to deal with force sensitive enemies, and do carry force pikes, they do not have any specific defenses against the force itself.

-cybernetic weakness: a kriegir deathtrooper's experience chip, flash contacts, and pain killer dispensers can all be deactivated for extended periods of time or even damaged by Ion\EMP effects, if said effects can bypass their armor.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

It started during the kriegir gamorrean raiding season of 846 ABY, when the hordes attacked the incomplete Steel fortress, The defense was lead by a mandalorian named "Blitz Kor", who was once a death trooper from one of the many imperial remnants before going rogue and joining the naudir. Ahead of the gamorrean invasion, he took five other men and drilled them for several weeks as the horde slowly moved through the deserts, teaching them as much as he could of his death trooper training in the short amount of time they had. The result were the first death troopers, they were raw and undisciplined in comparison to the current generation of kriegir deathtroopers, but they were still a force to be reckoned with. Through home made explosives, snipers, primitive traps, sabatoge and knowledge passed on to them by the native shi'lai, they turned the tide of battle.

After the horde had been defeated, Blitz and his men were tasked with securing the safety of the clan and their newly formed shi'lai allies, a task that they took very seriously. Once the naudir began training their own troops, Blitz began picking the top members of each class and inducting them into the same training he had put his squad through, only now he had more time.

They exercised with repulsor packs, force pikes, hand to hand, scouting, and even survival training with the desert dwelling natives. they were taught everything they needed to know about surviing on the dusty surface of krieg, and defending their vode from whatever enemy might rear it's ugly head on krieg. Only the most patriotic and loyal of clan naudir and shi'lai warriors were allowed to call themselves deathtroopers of krieg.

Eventually the naudir used them as the poster child of krieg's reformed military forces, ensuring that there would be no shortage of applicants amongst the kriegir. Blitz sadly died about a year ago, but his original squadron continue to train deathtroopers in his name, and even named the kriegir deathtrooper armor after him.

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"]

Hello there, I will be reviewing this submission. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Overall this looks fine. However, there are a few edits I need you to make.

Vhei Wasp Naudir said:
Affiliation: Clan Naudir

Does Clan Naudir have a faction page or a Codex sub? If yes, I need you to hyperlink this.

Vhei Wasp Naudir said:
Unit Size: Never more than 1000 active deathtroopers at any given point in time.
Numbers are helpful, but I need you to add the Unit Size rating in the Codex Unit Template:
  • Unit Size: [ This is how many individuals make up a single unit. Choose from Small (each unit is small, comprising a dozen members or less), Medium (moderately sized units, often specialized), Large (many individuals, often compromising the rank and file). ]

Since this unit is larger than a single twelve-man squad, I'd say we can rule out Small. Ergo either Medium or Large are appropriate. There are no hard and fast rules on unit sizes (other than Unique/Small being a single team with 12 people max), but I'd suggest Large since 1000 men is like the strength of a Regiment in real life.

Furthermore, per the General Submission Guidelines we do not allow spoilers in submissions except for images and the Discord convo has no place in the sub itself. Please remove both the spoilers in historical information and the convo.

Finally, the unit name 'Deathtroopers of Krieg' is very close to 'Death Korps of Krieg' in 40k and you mention that it was your inspiration in intent. I need you to link the 40k 'Death Korps' as a primary source.

[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Unit size set to large. I wasn't entirely sure what to write it as, and I'd seen another sub somewhere that was similar.

Clan naudir's codex sub has been linked alongside our home planet under affiliation.

As for the primary sources. I have linked the death korps of krieg from 40k, the Death Troopers of rogue one: a star wars story, and the classic shadow troopers.
I was of the understanding that linking primary sources was meant to reflect modified sources from the star wars franchise and\or chaos itself, not concepts drawn from other fandoms. I included these because this unit and the actual death korps of krieg have many differences, and that the only real similarities are in aesthetic and name. how they fight and arm themselves is similar to the included sources. if any of this is cause for further editing, just say the word

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"]

Ok, thank you for working with me. I understand there are several differences between your unit and the 40k one, but given the strong similarity in name and your stated intent, it's best to link it, if only to avoid potential legal issues. Your links check out and I don't see further issues.

Enjoy your unit. Trainee approved pending secondary.

[member="Neri Rashal"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom