Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dark Suns Rays Over The Republic

It had been a long few days for Philip Joseph Halen, Senator of 15 years, Current Vice Chancellor Of The Republic, and as of a few days ago, the New Interim Supreme Chancellor Of The Republic. The events on Contruum had been a massive disaster, brought on by the treason of the Republic by several Jedi led by Jedi Master Selena Halcyn, who as of today had now been expelled and exiled from the Jedi Order, thanks to the Jedi Council of Je'gan, Darron Wraith and Joshua DragonsFlame. The others involved had all been punished as well, ranging from sentences to expulsion and exile.

The CIS had been a problem, though they incurred no losses, their only problem being one of their men was threatened, they had demanded heavy. With that problem now solved, Halen had called the Black Suns to discuss the issues on their end, and hopefully peacefully discuss things with Domino, a woman who was at the auction herself, and by what Halen had heard, had participated in the battle when the Republic traitors had fired on her and her men.

Of course, Domino HAD fired back, costing lives and had attacked and destroyed several Republic assets, taking her pound of flesh. With the Suns still having more of a reason to be angry, Halen was expecting the worst when he had called a meeting with Domino.

Finally, Halen walked into the arranged meeting place where he was to meet with the young woman, determined to work things out with the Suns no matter what it took. The Interim Chancellor took a breath. This was going to be a long day.

@[member="Domino"]

That meeting place was a hanger, and the person the Interim Supreme Chancellor was meeting was currently half under a Vaughan fighter and up to her elbows in its grease and guts. When the aide introduced the Vice Chancellor, Domino rolled the backboard she was laying on out just enough to see the man and give him a nod before kicking herself back under the fighter. "Give me a sec to finish replacing this line, I don't want to leave it half done." If she did the next person to work on it might not realize that it needed to be done and then it might not get done. A few seconds later there was a muffled curse as Domino pinched a finger in a join followed by a clang when she hit it with a wench and a few more curses. So much for working the stress out.

@[member="Philip J. Halen"]

Halen chuckled as he watched her work. "Do you need some help?" he asked politely. Halen may have been an old man at this point, but with his past, he was fully capable of lending assistance where it was needed.

Regardless, he stood and watched, waiting for either a response or a finish. He admired her work ethic, at least.

@[member="Domino"]

That space was definitely too small for the winch she had, and the one that fit it would be in the chest across the bay. Fortunately for Domino she could cheat. Holding her hand below the fitting, she worked her fingers as if she were manually tightening it down, spinning it together through the force as she did. A click told her it was set and that meant her work was finished here. "Just got it." She called out to the Chancellor and scooted herself out again, standing this time by pulling herself up on the edge of the fighter. "I'd offer you my hand in greeting but, well." She held them up to show the black stains. "Lets take this to my office. No need for every utterance to become common knowledge."

Leading the way up to her suite of rooms on Station Six, Domino scratched her nose, unknowingly leaving a tiny grease smudge. In contrast to her appearance, the office was filled with plush wealth, dark reds and browns mixed with cream and gradient lighting. Offering Halen a seat, Domino took her own behind a desk situated before a large window offering a view of Nar Shaddaa in the distance. "You've come to talk about Contruum." She said, it wasn't a question, there wasn't any other reason for him to be there. The only thing that remained to be seen was in what manner he wanted to talk about it in.

Halen chuckled as he watched her work, before following her to her office. He had been able to sense her use of the Force, and didn't mind that she had likely used it to assist her in her work. It seems both of them had their share of secrets, the Interim Chancellor thought to himself.

He admired her office. It was just as neat as his own, thought without the amazing Coruscant view, the Chancellor thought to himself as he took a seat. He gave her a handsome smile as they finally settled, cocking a slight motion toward the smudge on her nose, a subtle, wordless hint to let her know about it as a courtesy. He didn't have a problem with a woman, a leader especially that looked like she bore the marks of a hard days work. If anything, he respected her more for it. But Domino herself might have been bothered if she realized too late she was walking around looking like that, so he did the honorable thing and at least motioned to it for her while they were in private.

"Yes....." he said, sighing as she finally brought it up. "Contruum... Regardless of your reaction to the situation and.... Well, taking your pound of flesh as some people in politics like to call it... I would like to officially apologize on behalf of the Republic in it's entirety for what happened" he said. "I've been looking into it ever since the situation forced Chancellor Aleidis Ijet to resign. It seems a few Jedi, led by former Jedi Master Selena Halcyn, defied Aleidis's orders and attacked, when it was only supposed to be an investigation of the auction. The attack caused Republic soldiers in the confusion to follow, despite the Chancellor's orders not to attack"

His expression turned serious. Reading his face, Domino could likely see the Chancellor was incredibly stressed over the situation. It had been a travesty that had cost Halen days and days of sleep, reading reports and trying to get everything sorted.

"If it pleases you to know, the ones responsible, especially the Jedi Master herself, have all been punished by the Jedi Council. The ringleader of this entire incident, Selena has been exiled from the Order and will be held and brought to trial by the Republic for her crimes".

@[member="Domino"]

That was rather generous of the Chancellor to say and he didn't make a huge fuss over what some might have called her war crimes after, which made Domino rather content. "As a matter of fact it does somewhat. And despite my... overreaction, I'm quite satisfied with the outcome." Domino leaned forward, her hands folding together as she rested her forearms on her desk. "Now every peoples will know the kind of response they will get for attacking the Black Suns and that such retribution can come down on them at any time and anyplace without warning. I expect this incident has probably bought this nation another six months of peace." As an added bonus the Mandalorians now also had their excuse to formally annex the planet, but that was a small thing to her. They and Contruum didn't fit into her future plans. "That's what I really want you see, peace to prosper in, peace to allow my people to do their business, a peace I will protect. Do you understand me Chancellor?"

Halen nodded with a slight smirk as the Black Suns leader spoke. It made sense after all. Despite his misgivings about the incident, it did send a message.

"I understand, Madam" he said politely. "Is there any other issues you would like to bring up? I'd be happy to leave here knowing that both sides are satisfied, and that we can put this unfortunate incident behind us"

@[member="Domino"]

"This is your meeting Halen, just don't forget why you sought it out now that you've heard my intentions." She had sent that warning because she desired to avoid conflict, not because she would shy away from it once necessary. "Since you seem to think we're done here, so do I. Please have a pleasant afternoon." Her tone was clear and pleasant, but so was her warning. Domino had fought and worked hard to build up the Black Suns into a respectable nation, and she would continue to do so.

He nodded in response. "I came to make sure everything was alright on your end, Miss Domino. The last thing I desire is unnecessary conflict over what happened" he responded. He understood her warning loud and clear. The Suns weren't something to mess with. Of course, neither was the Republic, but it wasn't worth wasting resources and risking casualties over a situation out of their control, and there was no reason for people on either side to die because of it, when it could be smoothed out by two intelligent people having a discussion.

Getting up, he gave her a smile. "I suppose we're done here then. Do take care of yourself, Miss Domino. I have a feeling this will be the last time we speak in these circumstances, knowing my... Co-workers" he said, chuckling a bit despite the circumstances. He knew the Senate had highly considered impeaching him for saving their skins at the cost of a non combat vessal, and knowing the Senate, they would get their way sooner or later. Halen wasn't angry though, frustrated with the politicians for their stupidity, but happy that at the very least, he could do something for two different factions, prevent any unnecessary casualties, before he made his leave.

"If you ever wish to speak again, whether it's while I remain Chancellor or otherwise, I'll leave my contact info at the front desk. Have a nice afternoon, Madam" he promised as he walked out, fulfilling that promise at the front desk before he made his way to his ship.

@[member="Domino"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom