Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dark meets the Ryker (Solan Charr, All others PM)

[member="Solan Charr"]

"I'm not sure yet Solan....But I think I want to be one of the Shadows " Being raised Mandalorian the boy had always been ready to fight and defend at a moments notice. He enjoyed the thoughts of protecting people and battling with the forces of evil in the galaxy. "Either that.....Or a pirate like Gramma Zandra"

[member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

"A pirate you say? An extremely curious choice if you were to ask me in your decision. Might i know why you have chosen such a curious path for which you draw a yearning towards as it interests me immensely in knowing how you had chosen such a path...." It was interesting to him, that a Jedi would think of such a path and that fact drew even more curiosity into the one he was talking to. It was not unknown, that much was very true in that it was not unknown to see such a Jedi turn to that path. But each chose for a different reason. What was Ryker's should he follow it in the end?

[member="Solan Charr"]

He simply shrugged his tiny shoulders not really sure why he would want to be a pirate. His Gramma always made it sound like a great adventure and all the excitement one could ever want. "I don't really know Solan, I know Gramma likes it and her stories are always really really exciting.....but so are the stories surrounding the Silver Shadows"

Solan watched the kid before slowly standing with his hands crossing behind him. "Do you mind walking with a broken man young Ryker? You are an interesting individual and i must say that i am more than interested in hearing more from you." His illusion slowly returned to his features, his hands losing the burns and then gloves being pulled over them anyways. The paleness of his face returning to normal and his veins losing the ebony color. The last feature to return being the sapphire colored eyes that marked their way into his features once more. "Let me tell you of a story young Ryker. One from when i was a mercenary and pirate myself when the Sith Empire was still around and not the One Sith."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Your pretty interesting to Solan" He stated happily as he quickly hopped to his feet and followed Solan, Chuckling a bit as he watched the man change back to his illusions appearance and he asked... "Why do you hide? And is that what you looked like?" He was a very inquisitive young Togruta. As he followed the man he listened closely and nodded his head as he was asked to hear a story.... "I love a good story Solan"

Solan paused to look at the small one with a good amount of time before turning his head forward once more. "I hide it because i am ashamed at what i have to suffer in order to use the power i do. I had tried long ago mind you to use the lightside. But with that said i cannot do so without limiting myself. My abilities to connect and use the emotions of others are better suited to the use of the darkside and while it is a regret that i use it, i do so because i can protect people more effectively with it than i ever could with the light..." He paused and looked at the young one again. "With that said, i am not calling the light weak, i am too weak to use it is all."

[member="Solan Charr"]

Then Togruta nodded as they continued to walk and talk. He found Solan quite interesting, but he sensed that the man didn't like talking about his appearance, So he quickly changed the subject.....Mainly cause he wanted to hear about the pirate story.... "So you were a pirate once? He liked pirates and enjoyed listening to Solan talk. Maybe one day he would learn from the man.

"Long ago back when i was a member of the Maw Consortium, there was a raid on some slavers. So while i was taking the persona of the Pirate named Void, we attacked it and boarded them to rescue those that were being transported to where ever the base of slaver's was. Nothing fanciful mind you but the ship i was flying crashed into the hanger of the ship i boarded. Back then i didnt even have much control of the force, and not even a lightsaber to help me." He smiled as he looked at the young one once more.

[member="Solan Charr"]

The boy listened intently to the man's story as they walked. So enthralled by the story that even though a billion questions ran thru his mind the small Togruta could only manage to ask one. His gaze turned to the man just as his voice finally slipped out..... "Did you save the slaves?"

Solan's eyes turned on the kid when he had given the otherwise detailless story. He had a feeling that this one probably would not be entertained by those details anyways due to the gruesome nature of what the assault had become. Yet as he spoke the words that came out would likely satisfy the curiosity of the boy whom asked his question. "I did, without hesitation and without a bit of worry on their part. Myself and those whom had helped saved every last one of them and since that day ive actively been continuing my crusade against those whom take their paths as slavers."

"That's good Solan, I'm sure they appreciated your efforts. I hope to o e day be strong and skilled enough to protect innocent people that never done nothin to nobody." His excited tone bursting forward as he skipped alongside his "darker" friend Solan. "So did you always want to be......Well whatever it is you are my Friend?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan smiled widely as he stood and started to rub his gloved hands together, securing the fabric so that it firmly and securely covered his hands. His feet stayed their advance and he looked down at the small one whom he was talking to, and for a few moments he said nothing and did nothing before nodding. "Yes and no, the choice i have made was one i thought i wanted but did change me in a way i had not expected. Things in this galaxy will never go exactly as planned because that is honestly quite impossible to truly plan out everything that would happen."

His smile faded as he concluded that and he shook his head. "I lost family, love, and continue to find suffering where ever it is i go... so no, It is not something i always wanted to be but it is something i have to be. I cannot be a Jedi, and i will never be able to become a Jedi as it is not my nature to be one and neither is it in my future to change such to become one. Its hard to understand why i will never be able to become one of you, but in that light i hope that by showing the Jedi like you not all of us that take up the dark side are evil, we can be just as tame as you while still doing what many of you cannot.

[member="Solan Charr"]

He stood listening to Solan with his head tilted and a curious look in his tiny eyes. He allowed the answer a moment to sink in before finally replying with a happy chuckle..... "That sounds really confusing Solan, But its OK, A lot of stuff still confuses me"

He laughed as the little child said that and for a moment he sat now, randomly and without much reason as well as right in the middle of the hall where they were. "Im tired now. So lets sit down and why don't you tell me about your family. From what i know about you little Ryker... you are someone who knew family before being a jedi. To me that makes you all the more interesting. So many others are stiffs and what not." He smiled, the comment clearly a joke as he leaned back against a nearby pillar from where he sat. Any passerby members giving him a quick stare before he simply gave them a salute and they moved on. "So how about it little Ryker, tell me and my friend a story?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

As Solan sat Ryker quickly followed suit and flopped by across from him so as not to block the hallway. Solan was right, He had known family before becoming a Jedi. As a matter of fact the young Knight had known two families......Kind of.

Hearing the Man's request he quickly glanced around the halls, Though he didn't see anyone else save for them. So in as serious a tone as he could muster he asked flatly..... "Solan? What friend do you speak of? I see no one but us"

He laughed and ran a hand over his eyes to clear out the blur from them. For a few long seconds his laugh sounded before finally a small blue wolf moved out of his clothing and fully into view before resting itself on his shoulder. "Little Ryker, this is my friend and companion Kira. She and i are connected up here, which is how i communicate with her and keep things rather simple." He tapped is head while he spoke. Ashlan wolves were an interesting creature, retaining some of the most interesting traits for their size.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Ryker being a lover of animals instinctively reached out and began petting the tiny wolf behind the ear as he looked up to his friend and spoke. "She is beautiful Solan, Where did you find her?"

Solan watched s the young one started petting Kira and while at first a few words arrived in his own mind that made him smile. The Wolf tried to act tough but it forgot Solan was just as connected on her base emotions and feelings as well as the intelligent ones and knew full well she enjoyed the attention. "They come from Mrykr if i remember right. Just as intelligent as you and myself too, though they lack the ability to speak without a bond so that is where i come in as protection and a voice while she provides me enhanced senses and a second body so to speak."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"I have to find one" He said with a chuckle as he continued petting Kira. He leaned his head back up to look at Solan with a smile before speaking again... "Solan? How old are you?"

Solan's smile fell a bit but still remained as the question was prompted. "Twenty five, i give myself about five years minimum left to exist with how fast this corruption is proceeding. If that was why you asked. If not its still a small warning Ryker. If you want to enjoy your life do try to avoid what i have done. It won't bring you any happiness knowing that your path will kill you before those important to you are fully grown." He smiled a bit wider as he finished and looked at the young Jedi. "But maybe i am wrong. Why do you ask my age young Ryker?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom