Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dark meets the Ryker (Solan Charr, All others PM)

It was another cold morning on Voss when the stolen ship entered the atmosphere on its way to land in the hanger of the Silver Shadows. The ship itself belonging to Jedi Master, and Leader of the Silver Shadows, Connor Harrison, Though he was not the passenger or even on the same side of the galaxy for that matter. The only person onboard the ship currently was a young, sleeping Padawan, The same Padawan who had stolen the ship in the first place.

Ryker had fallen asleep at the helm of the ship, which was set to autopilot back to the hanger. As the ship landed safely the boy continued to dream as he shuffled around In the cockpits chair, a soft snore escaping the small boy. Once fully landed the ship's engines would shut down and the loading ramp would lower allowing the chilly air to slowly creep through the freighter......Yet Ryker still slept.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

Solan was waiting as he rubbed the back of his neck. He had been nearby when he heard about the kid trying to steal the ship to get to his mother and for a moment Solan had felt sorrow for the boy. He knew full well what it was like to be powerless when the people you loved were in danger which is why he had taken it upon himself to be at the hanger and more so to be there to talk to the kid that slumbered inside the ship he had tried to steal in order to get to where he was going. As the ramp came down, solan's body came forward, stepping lightly over the metal as it sounded and his form bowing his head to get into it where he would look for the kid.

It didn't take him long and his body moved to cross his legs as he sat on the floor, looking at the kid while he spoke a few words to rouse the youngling. "You know, there are more effective ways to steal a ship without getting caught. You forgot to disable the remote access ports when you took this one there little guy. But still, Grade B work on getting the ship out of the hanger, that much i can give you credit for."

[member="Solan Charr"]

Hearing the man's voice the young Togruta snapped awake, his tiny hands almost instinctively reaching for the saber hilts clipped to his hips before realizing he was back on Voss. The boys tiny eyes locked onto the man who now sat on the cold durasteel floor of the stolen ship. As he listened to the man speak his head tilted, curious as to how the man knew he'd stolen the ship, And even more curious of the man's reaction to such.

Unsure of whether to run or to turn himself over to the Jedi to be punished the tiny Togruta spoke up softly and asked.... "Did Master Harrison send you here to expell me from the Academy?

Solan laughed the moment the words came out and shook his head. "Don't worry kid, you wouldn't get expelled for this. Especially if its Connor you were talking to. That man's heart would not allow them to expel you. No no no, im Solan, a dark side user. Not a Jedi from your academy." He leaned back on his hands and waited for the kid to react, probably in a bit of a shocked way if he was right, maybe not. "I was curious is all, how come you tried to steal this ship?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

His eyes widen and he quickly jumps to his feet before drawing his Sabers to his tiny hands and igniting them. He'd never met a dark side user before but he'd heard about what they do to Jedi. With his sabers gripped tight his shaky tone emitted as he kept his eyes locked onto the man waiting for him to make a move...... "If your here to kill me Sith, I must warn you I won't make it easy by far!" In his excitement he had not even heard the man ask about his stealing of the ship.

"Dark sider kid, not Sith. Id love to see you try to hit me with those small things and actually kill me... but if i remember right, i had thought that Younglings carried training sabers on themselves which means the chance of you cutting me at all are going to be a bit small if so seeing as such sabers are designed with safety in mind." His head turned to study the saber and see just how prone to harming him that it might be. "Now, you know you can sit down and we can have a less hostile talk. Trust me, im not a Sith."

[member="Solan Charr"]

His head tilted once more, his brow furrowing as the man compared his sabers to the normal training sabers of most Padawans. Ryker had constructed these sabers himself at his home on Mandalore with the assistance of George O Rourke and they were very much real. For now though he decided that it was best to just sit and talk, to at least see what the man had to say. His tone calming a bit as he dropped onto the floor and addressed the man..... "Whats the difference between a Sith and a Dark sider? And just so you know, these are not training sabers..."

"A Sith is a darksider, but not all Dark siders are Sith. Some are Dark Jedi, some members of the Ember of the Vahl, Some the Nightsisters. I am none of the before mentioned, i am no creation of an order like you are as a Jedi, or the Wardens of the Sky are of their own creation yet unifying force... its hard to explain, harder yet to understand. But trust me, i am in my own way the same as any jedi, and in many ways i am far from a Jedi. I am Solan Charr, a simple person that uses the Dark Side of the force." Solan smiled as he talked to the kid, trying to explain best he could what he was.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Strangely enough the boy understood what the man was saying though he was still skeptical as to how they differed. Still holding his sabers he as he looked over the man, Ryker would finally clip them both back to his belt as his stomach gave a rumble. Ignoring his stomach the tiny Togruta spouted yet another question ....he always had questions. "But darksiders are evil and like to hurt people......So why are you here? " A bit of concern setting in as he watched the Dark one.

Solan smiled once more and shook his head. "All power can be used for good and evil. While some Darksiders are corrupted and enjoy the power that they get from the things they must do to others. There are those that can control the tendencies that effect Darksiders... im not that. My mind registers pain and suffering on scales that can cause me pain beyond what those who it originizes from because its amplified. I cannot control the tendencies and will admit that at times my mind against my wanting does perceive the pain i cause as Right... that does not mean i believe that. I struggle with that corruption every day, the features you see on my face are nothing but an illusion i keep up constantly... But that is why i do what i do and help people. Protect them. I feel their pain and i use that pain to keep them safe so they no longer feel it. The only way i can ever cure my corruption is to end the suffering of those around me... i am here to do just that, so let me ask you, what is your pain that i was drawn here by?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

"You could feel it too So-Lan" The boy asked in an amazed tone, his mouth falling open in shock. He had to shake his head to clear his thoughts before continuing... " I... I. I was meditating in the gardens and and I felt pain, Lots of pain, And I seen Buir screaming and holding her stomach where my baby brother Galaar is and next thing I remember I was onboard Master Harrison's ship and he was talking to me over the comms.....I was scareder than I ever has been Mister So-Lan. I just wanted to save her and Gal'ika."

Solan smiled, but the smile was an extremely sorrow filled one as his eyes lowered to the ground between them and he shook his head. "I didn't feel her pain, i feel alot of the pain of others, all the time but she is far too far for me to feel hers in the same way with no connection. No i felt your pain, your sorrow and your fear." He paused and ran a hand to his eyes which he rubbed and looked at the kid now with a slightly raised brow. "Explain to me what you think you are feeling right now, tell me if you understand what you are feeling."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"I feel as though I failed her, And I feel scared, Scared that my Mother is hurt sir." For once the boy allowed his normally transfixed smile slip away as a single tear trailed down his cheek. He quickly wiped the tear away with the back of his sleeve not wanting to let the man see his weakness.

Solan watched the child as he nodded. "I know the feeling, quite well enough than you know my young friend. I want you to tell me if you still feel that she is hurt, and if so tell me. And don't worry about hiding tears, they show us who we are and are in no way a reason for you to hide it... If you show me your tears i will be glad to show you my pain and suffering, as long as you don't get scared by it." He ran a hand up to his face, not dropping the illusion quite yet and waiting to see if the kid would show his tears.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"But Mandalorians don't show their fear Master" he stated with a catch in his voice as the tears welled in his tiny eyes. He wanted to cry, His fear and emotions tearing at him as he spoke once more.... "I can't feel her at all anymore" As his words flew from his mouth the tears began flowing from his eyes as he sobbed outright.

"Its ok, that does not mean something is wrong." He looked at the child and as promised the Illusion melted away slowly. His skin turned deathly pale, his veins ebony black in color, his face and hands becoming scarred by burns he hadn't gotten repaired yet and lastly his eyes turned into the golden corrupted eyes that marked the corruption of one by the darkside. "What is your name my young friend." He waited for the kid to be able to answer him or not, whether he reacted to Solan's appearance without the illusion that made him look normal would also be curious to see.

[member="Solan Charr"]

His tears began to fade, his mouth agape as he stared at the man's appearance. He was unable too speak for a moment, more interested at the moment in the man's hands and then his eyes. He finally spoke once again as he found his voice, and only one question came to mind.... "I'm I'm Ryker of the Tal'verda clan......What happened to you So-lan?"

"Burns, alot of them, mostly from my pyronkinesis usage but there also remains the corruption itself that has effected my skin, veins, and eyes... This is what i pay for in return for the power that i am given by the darkside and the reason that i am working so hard in trying to help others. It is a pleasure to know your name little Ryker.... tell me about your family Ryker." Solan's legs crossed under him and for a moment he leaned forward to look more closely before smiling lightly for the young man.

[member="Solan Charr"]

The boy began to relax a bit as he continued to study the man's features. His soft tone slipping through his tiny lips once more.... "Well I'm not sure about my biological family, They died when I was really little. But my family is the bestest Master, My Mama Rawnie is a Mandalorian, My Papa Lor is is a blue guy.....I think they call him a Chiss, and my little brother Galaar is a " Chissdalorian" He chuckled a little as he made a new species just for his brother......Gally would like it.

"It sounds like a very nice family Ryker, and please. Call me Solan, im not your master nor anyone elses... just an ally to yourself and others. What is it you want to be in the Jedi, if you do not mind my asking?" Solan's hands relaxed on his knees now and his eyes studied Ryker's features and his face. The kid laughed when he talked about his family, smiled even. For a Jedi, knowing one's family was dangerous, it could create monsters out of men if the Jedi in question were not careful and for a kid whom felt his family's pain and to react so... extremely. The Jedi would need to be careful but more they needed to teach the kid how to confront those fears... not lock them away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom