Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Dark Mans Legacy

[ T H E M E ]

x3E72HF.jpg

The Undercity,
Nar Shaddaa

It was always night in the Undercity of the Smugglers Moon. Rain fell in acidic sheets, rusted metal walkways glistened. Speeders quietly ascended in the airlanes above, a constant river of movement that wound its way up and out of this abysmal urban hellscape. Distant pops of blasterfire and the occasional crack of a slugthrower tore up the night, street gangs fighting for dominance of their local turf.

Hacks pulled her jacket taut, collar riding high as she kept her chin low, hiding in its warmth. She hid under cover in a nearby alley, keeping an eye on an abandoned warehouse that dominated the nearby junction, nestled between the superstructures that made up the skyline far above. Her augmented reality glasses buzzed as an incoming call tore her attention away from the warehouse. She answered the call, a visual feed burst to life in the top left corner of her glasses HUD. It was the slicer Phase, a local at the Iridium back on Denon. A fixer for local gangs, mercs and shadowrunners.

giphy.gif
PH453: Hacks, I see you've made it to the old enclave. Any issues?

Hacks: Not yet, no ones gone in or out in the four hours I've been here. Looks like no Jedi has been here since the Republic fell.

PH453: Until KV-N1 took over, you mean. Securi-feeds been offline for eight months but before that it had droids coming and going every day.

Hacks: Guess business wasn't booming on Nar Shaddaa with the Silver Jedi keeping watch, but why did the Jedi abandon the enclave?

PH453: Boys on the streets tell me some geezer called The Dark Man used to operate there as a Jedi Watchman, he was old as hell too. I suppose when he died back in 842 no one wanted to get their hands dirty and do his job.

Hacks: And when he kicked the bucket, KV-N1 moved in..

PH453: And now they're gone, and we are going to find out why. You need the intel just as much as I do, you find out why they left and what they left behind and I'll make it worth your time. Maybe you can buy a new couch for that shithole you got in the Refugee Sector.

Hacks ended the call. Her plastic eyes returned to the decaying warehouse. Torn and faded banners from decades past fluttered in the wind, with the emblem of a Republic that had faded into history. Rusted beams exposed from collapsed walls where rivulets of acidic wash snaked its way down. The slicer took a step out into the late night shower, the gentle burn of the contaminated rainwater prickled her skin. Heavy boots raced across the streets and onto the walkway that led into the inner sanctum of a forgotten time.

The Dark Man.

Like an alter ego straight out of a holomag comic. Which, coming from Cato, was among the highest of praises. He himself was unashamedly a bit too inspired by the old-fashioned notion of a masked vigilante, cleaning up the streets in an endless crusade against crime; And Nar Shaddaa was indeed the place to find crime, provided you can tolerate a largely thankless job in responding to it. One could clear out an entire district, and come the next morning it would be filled in by a whole new host of wannabe kingpins and gangbangers, all trying to become the Next Big Thing. Unsurprisingly, the prodigal Hutts' return made any effort all the more futile.

Cato needed an edge. A new weapon in his war against the moon's darkest elements. Perhaps even, a whole new arsenal.

He was Nar Shaddaa's one, and only, Jedi watchman. But he was not the first. Rumors of a long-derelict enclave had made their way to his doorstep, and Cato was all too eager to deliver himself unto long hours of personal research. In time, his investigation had at last rewarded the Jedi Knight with a location in the undercity. If the Dark Man's legacy was truly entombed within these fabled halls, then maybe Cato would finally have that edge he so desperately needed. Weapons, tools, holocrons, anything left behind could prove worthwhile; But the only way to know for sure was to find them.

He had roosted himself in the fire escape of a condemned building, from where his view of the enclave was unobstructed by anything other than the downpour. The Jedi had just set to tinkering with one of his latest gadgets, a set of goggles, when they zoomed in and picked out a figure headed towards the same destination. "Lookie there…" Cato whistled to himself. So he wasn't the only one with an interest in this dump. "Maybe being patient does pay off after all," But now it was time to move. He flared his coat, splashing off a layer of rainwater as he did, then leapt down from his perch. For now, the Knight hoped to keep his distance and observe the intruder, trailing behind as they both moved in.

Last edited:

x3E72HF.jpg

The sounds and sights of the Vertical City's eternal night faded as Hacks stepped into the mid-deck of the abandoned warehouse. The hinges had rusted so poorly from the acidic rain over the decades that the tremendous sliding doors slowly tore free, now lying flat on the asphalt of the bridge. The only sound was the thudding echo of her boots, and her nervous breath.

Her eyes searched the vast arched ceiling, the collapsed grated walkways the durasteel workers had once walked, then the Dark Man, and much later, KV-N1. She stepped past the rubble and ruin, her glasses analysing the few prints in the dust. She surmised KV-N1 had abandoned this place a long time ago, otherwise there would be far more foot traffic in the dust. All she saw was the outline of bare feet and the occasional shoeprint. Homeless had been squatting here.

Hacks patted her pockets, reassuring herself that her blasters were still there. "What the hell am I doing," she whispered to herself, not wanting to be heard. She ascended to the upper-deck on a durasteel spiralled staircase, twisting around its bend with gentle anxious footsteps. She was unnaturally tall and wickedly heavy. Most of her body was replaced with metal, it wouldn't be hard for Hacks to put too much weight on the old stairs and simply fall through.

The slicer glided through the hallways, hand clasped over her mouth so as not to breathe too much of the dust in. She heard distant grumbling, someone living here who had been disturbed by the noise of another in the building. They were not the threat she was concerned about, it was whatever programs KV-N1 may have left in the systems here. Hacks wondered if they were watching, waiting.

Cato Harth Cato Harth

Cato emerged shortly after, the dripping of rainwater off his clothes forming a puddle at the entrance. “Nice,” He waved away a visible cloud of dust. The ages had not been kind to this place; A fact which did not fill him with confidence that it had what he was looking for.

But Cato had never been much of a quitter. And if there were others in here, that only lent more reason to figure out why. Speaking of…

He stood still and let the Force enhance his senses. Stealth was his element, and here any noise risked detection among the encompassing silence. His ears perked. Upstairs. Cato leapt with supernatural height, skipping the climb and straight over the railing. A faint thud marked his landing, but already the Knight was on the prowl.

Through abandoned halls the presence of another grew more certain, until the silhouette of his fellow explorer came into view. After a moment of study he slipped behind, pacing his steps in time with theirs. Finally he revealed himself with a whisper, a sound still clear as day in the otherwise muted enclave halls, “...You’re a lot taller up close.” He just couldn’t help himself with the idle remarks. Already his attention flicked back and forth , as the sound of another potential inhabitant registered further away.

x3E72HF.jpg

Hacks stopped in the hallway, glancing through a hands-width gap in a doorway. The sliding door had been ripped from its rollers, unable to retract, but still barring entrance to the room beyond. She looked around, not even the homeless had been within this room, nor KV-N1 from the looks of it. The dust had settled decades ago. It looked to be a conference room. Datapads strewn across the table, chairs overturned. Slumped against the far wall sat a skeleton. Black torn robes draped over the bones, the garments the person had last worn. She spied what looked to be a lightsaber made of ice lay beside a skeletal hand.

She hadn't heard the person come up behind her, their footsteps gentle and carefully placed. When he spoke it sent a chill down her spine, "You're a lot taller up close." She whipped around to face him, but made no move for her blasters when she saw him. "Do you usually fuck with people you don't know?" Hacks spoke with a hint of annoyance. She looked him up and down, her glasses analysing his face. "You're clean as can be, the hell you're doing here?" she asked when her scan came back with no warrants, not even a history of arrest. She turned, then tossed a nod in the direction of the room, "Or is that a friend of yours?"

Cato took the brunt of her annoyance with a flat-faced expression, waiting until she seemed done to continue, "Well, kinda, actually." Getting into nightly fist fights with thugs pretty safely counted as fucking with them, no?

"-And, sorry, did you just check my rap sheet?" He slinked around beside the woman, "Does it mention the time I 'borrowed' ten credits from my sister? I was like, eight at the time. Don't tell her." For a guy who was quiet on his feet, the same could not be said about his mouth.

His off topic anecdotes were quickly redirected to the skeletal figure, still gripping on to a relic of a lightsaber. Cato's eyes glimmered, "Friend? Not quite. But he has been very politely holding on to some things for me," He paid little further mind to the slicer, and stepped forward to enter the room proper. There was a push and a pull, but the door was intent on staying where it was.

"Alright alright, I'll give ya the light show." The Knight drew a silvery hilt from beneath his coat, from which a pure white blade burst forth, followed by two more prongs of energy that formed a cross-guard. He then set to carving through the durasteel panel, allowing access into the conference hall.

x3E72HF.jpg

"Well, kinda, actually," the stranger replied, who Hacks immediately identified as a smartarse, "-And, sorry, did you just check my rap sheet?" Hacks threw open her four arms in mock innocence, "It's not a crime to do background checks on Nar Shaddaa," she said. Then again, few things were considered a crime on Nar Shaddaa with the Hutts back in control.

"Does it mention the time I 'borrowed' ten credits from my sister? I was like, eight at the time. Don't tell her," the stranger asked, Hacks replied, "No, but it said something about being chronically unfunny, but no ones gonna fine you for that." Hacks followed his gaze to the skeleton she had pointed too, "Friend? Not quite. But he has been very politely holding on to some things for me," the stranger remarked.

He moved to get the door opened and failed. It was well and truly jammed. "Alright alright, I'll give ya the light show," he said, Hacks watching what he ignited in his hands. "I didn't know they built plasma torches that big," she mused, offering no interruption to his work. She could potentially find something on KV-N1s activities here within that room.

Cato Harth Cato Harth

"It's not a crime to do background checks on Nar Shaddaa,"

Cato scoffed, “Oh, good, just like everything else then.” You could get away with just about whatever on Nar Shaddaa provided you don’t piss off someone more powerful than yourself.

"No, but it said something about being chronically unfunny, but no ones gonna fine you for that." That got a genuine laugh out of him, Ouch. My weakness. That’s alright, the jokes are more for me than they are for you.” Not the first time he had been admonished for annoying quippage, and almost certainly not the last; Though that rebuke was maybe the most entertaining one he’d heard so far.

As he got to work, there was a lull while Cato focused on cutting through the door. Durasteel melted as it came in contact with the saber, creating a glowing trail of superheated slag in its wake. "I didn't know they built plasma torches that big,"

“Yeah, they're for club members only.” The cuts connected into the shape of a large square, and Cato finished the job by nudging it forward with a light kick, the hunk of metal falling to the ground with a resounding clang. He stepped through, then gestured for the four-armed woman to do the same, “So, you come to derelict Jedi enclaves often or…?”

Last edited:

x3E72HF.jpg

Hacks stared at the back of Cato for a moment, not quite sure what he meant by club members. Her knowledge of the Jedi was so limited she thought of them as purely law enforcement to the likes of CorpSec. Responsible for war crimes, atrocities and genocides across the galaxy. She knew nothing about the force and had never seen a lightsaber in action, let alone what they wore. Probably had a gold badge pinned to their armoured vests.

"Are you a ship scrapper?" she asked sincerely. Who the hell needed a plasma torch that long? she thought to herself, and why was it members only? Was there a union of ship scrappers running around with bat-sized plasma torches? It was getting under her skin just thinking about it as he slowly carved through the door until it was a slagged heap on the floor, glowing white hot.

"So, you come to derelict Jedi enclaves often or…?" Cato asked, motioning for her to come in and she followed. "Only when I want to know why droids are stalking me," she vaguely answered, leaving out just who the droids were. She walked past the corpse of the Dark Man and towards a computing system the enclave had once used. Pulling a retractable scomp-link from her data goggles and hardwiring herself into the terminal.

"You here to tag the place or finding somewhere to sleep?" she asked, a data feed scrolling down her glasses. Her eyes moving in rapid minute patterns as she followed the code in her HUD. Last activity was two months ago, she followed the information and saw the droids had unplugged the KV-N1 hive mind from the enclave systems here and moved elsewhere. She was starting to wonder if this was a dead end.

“Ship scrapper...” Cato copied with a bit of a chuckle, but otherwise gave no response. He assumed the answer was obvious, and this was just some continuation of their idle banter.

Once inside he craned his neck up and down, scanning the room for anything of note, before settling on his initial prize: the lightsaber. Cato stared a moment at the skeleton, when a twinge of melancholy struck. He didn’t know the man personally. Who knows, maybe he was a dick. But if he was indeed a Jedi to the very end, then he deserved at least that brief moment of silent respect. The Knight then knelt down, and gently slipped the saber hilt from the Dark Man’s boney grasp.

"You here to tag the place or finding somewhere to sleep?"

“...Wait you serious?” Cato ignited his newly collected lightsaber, “Dude, I’m a Jedi.” He used his other hand to telekinetically pull one of the random datapads his way, accentuating his point. Not usually the kind of thing he went advertising around here, but the laser sword was also usually a dead giveaway on its own, “And what do you mean droids are stalking you? What’s that got to do with any of this?” He approached the woman and looked at her expectantly.

x3E72HF.jpg

"...Wait you serious?" Cato said as Hacks turned to face him, the golden blade bursting to life, shorter and thinner than the average lightsaber. "Dude, I'm a Jedi," the man said as the slicer frowned, "Oh, you're a cop." It was then that Cato brought a datapad to him, Hacks stared at his hands for a moment, believing it to be a display of utility not the force.

"Neat, directional gravity manipulation. Didn't know they made cybernetic hands that could do that," Hacks remarked, considerably impressed by the idea of cybernetics that could float things towards her. Then Cato moved towards her and Hacks moved away from him, plastic eyes scanning for exits, "And what do you mean droids are stalking you? What's that got to do with any of this?" Cato said, Hacks barking back, "Back off Badge, it's none of your business."

"Oh, you're a cop."

Ew, please don’t say that,” he took the derisive use of ‘cop’ quite personally. He was, arguably, the closest thing Nar Shaddaa had to a functioning, non-corrupt officer of the law. But given his youth under the thumb of corporate police, he never quite shook off the mentality she shared either.

On the other hand, her complete lack of exposure to Jedi continued to surprise him. Most folks he met had at least a baseline understanding, but she seemed to know little more than their name, and the broadest interpretation of their function, "Neat, directional gravity manipulation. Didn't know they made cybernetic hands that could do that,"

Nooo, not ‘directional gravity manipulation’, the Force.” He tossed the datapad back on the table, "Yanno, like space magic? Although a hand like that would be cool," Cato again seemed to have a comment for everything, but was quickly brought back around to his intended subject as Hacks became more defensive, "Back off Badge, it's none of your business."

The Knight rolled his eyes, “Would you knock it off? I don’t even know what you’re complaining about honestly, cops here do about fuck-all. Trust me, I've seen shitty cops.” He seemed to be speaking from personal experience, but the underlying zeal was quickly beaten out by a more measured response, “Look, I might be the ONE person on this moon who’s discovered the concept of helping others out. Give me something to work with here. What droids?” Cato stepped back to give her a little more space, putting away the lightsaber as he did.

x3E72HF.jpg

The Magic-Cop rolled his eyes, "Would you knock it off? I don't even know what you're complaining about honestly, cops here do about fuck-all. Trust me, I've seen shitty cops," Cato said, pausing for a moment, then continued, "Look, I might be the ONE person on this moon who's discovered the concept of helping others out. Give me something to work with here. What droids?"

"Yeah yeah, I've heard about that magic bullcrap," Hacks contested, "I've also seen the holonews, just about every war, genocide and annihilation of entire planets and systems can be directly tied to your type." To Hacks there was no distinction of good vs evil, no Dark or Light side. The Force was as an intangible a concept to her as the vast Net was to the untrained user.

Hacks crossed her arms as the man gave her some room, content that he picked up her unease. She hadn't met a Jedi or Sith before, she barely heard about them either unless it involved some distant war on the other side of the galactic belt. There were perhaps tens of thousands of Jedi or Sith in the galaxy, but between five-to-twenty million sentient species and a galaxy of over a hundred quadrillion, meeting a Jedi or Sith was as rare as they come.

"The droids are KV-N1," she relented, "Info-syndicate that used to base their operations out of here," she then hiked a thumb to the corpse, "When old mate there died, they moved in, plugged themselves into the mainframe here and created a digital hive mind." She crossed the room towards another terminal, unfolding her arms as four cybernetic hands rapidly typed on a keypad, booting up the old system.

"You seen those droids people toss in the scrapyards for repurposing? Or the ones left to rust on the streets, motherboards fried from abuse," Hacks elaborated on the droid syndicate, "Those droids decided to band together, safety in numbers, to protect each other. Connecting their thought processors wirelessly, synchronised with all other droids in the syndicate."

The screen showed a lock screen, the slicer pulled a retractable scomp link from the half-dome cybernetics covering her ears, then plugged the scomp into the system, uploading the Keymaker.exe program. A digital green key flashed, millions of calculations performed in milliseconds. The password was cracked in the blink of an eye. "KV-N1 realised with their hive mind they can observe a hell of a lot of the city, the movements of other syndicates, of law enforcement, of every civilian minding their business. So they started to sell that info."

Hacks pulled the scomp from the terminal and let it retract back into the housing unit. "Now they're targeting me. I want to know why they're watching me and who they want to sell their info on me too."

"I've also seen the holonews, just about every war, genocide and annihilation of entire planets and systems can be directly tied to your type."

Cato could only sigh at the moralistic critique of his old Order. Was there merit to a genuine dialogue regarding the role of the Jedi in galactic tragedy? Sure. But here and now was not really the place for it.

Not least of which, because it felt a bit insulting to hear this all while on a moon synonymous with the worst crimes imaginable, from someone who seemed to be operating exclusively on hearsay.

So he let it slide for now, instead focusing on the more immediate issue at hand. “Didn’t know they could make that kind of decision for themselves.” Sure, there had been relatively rare cases of things like droid revolts, but many models were too limited in their function to allow for such higher level introspection. “Was there an original KV-N1? There must have been a first, one who decided to start the whole thing.” Droid talk was something he didn’t get to explore often, in spite of his technical interests. It was an unexpected opportunity to flex said interest.

"Now they're targeting me. I want to know why they're watching me and who they want to sell their info on me too."

“So you’ve actually met them before? And if they aren’t here, where’d they head off to?”

x3E72HF.jpg

Hacks could sense a tension in the air from her words, and a sigh from the Jedi. It was then Cato spoke, ignoring her remarks about his order, "Didn't know they could make that kind of decision for themselves." Hacks typed with inhuman speed, file directories and data caches opened and closed with lightning speed. A slicer with four hands made quick work.

"You'd be surprised just how smart droids are, it's safer that us organics take them more seriously, treat them better," Hacks said. The Jedi pressed on, "Was there an original KV-N1? There must have been a first, one who decided to start the whole thing." Hacks smiled, "The leader is KV, N1 represents their hive mind designation. KV was an assassin droid for the Black Suns here on Nar Shaddaa two decades ago."

She was only a child at the time of the gang wars between the Red Raven Syndicate and the Black Suns. A war that ended in both syndicates falling into obscurity, and Hacks surviving on scraps in gutters. "So you've actually met them before? And if they aren't here, where'd they head off to?" Cato asked, Hacks hesitated for a second. She questioned herself why she was so freely talking to him, giving up this information.

Despite how wary she was of his status as what she thought of as a magic cop, something about him left her at ease, even after her previous anxiety of him stepping closer. Perhaps it was that she was truly lonely, with few allies and fewer friends. It was rare she could just spill her mind on someone. "I've met them," she answered after a lengthy pause, "I traded info with them after they moved to Denon. I guess Corporate space is just more profitable right now."

Hacks shut down the terminal, nothing useful was there. KV-N1 had a wealth of slicer droids that their disposal. They had wiped clean their movements from the computers here. She turned around to face Cato, crossing her four arms across her chest and leaning back against the table, "So, what's your angle here?"

"The leader is KV, N1 represents their hive mind designation. KV was an assassin droid for the Black Suns here on Nar Shaddaa two decades ago."

"Thaaat sounds about right." Assassin droids always ended up being the troublemakers, to put it mildly.

"I traded info with them after they moved to Denon. I guess Corporate space is just more profitable right now," She explained. He was pleasantly surprised that the woman decided to open up to him after all, in spite of how they started off. The knight couldn't help but present a disarming smile as she did. However, at the words 'corporate space' Cato made a noise of disgust, then clarified, "Never been to Denon, but I was raised on Bonadan. Old school Corporate Sector. Talk about a shithole; At least here you have more of a choice in how you get fucked over." He raised his hands passively, and let further rantings be put on hold.

"So, what's your angle here?"

"My angle?" He stroked his chin in mock thought, a smirk of utmost smartassery plastered across his face, "Well, gee, I was really looking to commit some war crimes and genocide, but I guess I'll have to settle for saving us all from an evil droid syndicate." Cato was apparently intent on making her problem his problem now. Along with every other problem on Nar Shaddaa.

He leaned against the opposite wall, mirroring her, when another thought crossed his mind, "Although, you didn't happen to find stuff about secret Jedi knowledge on that terminal, did you? Holocrons, weapons, anything neat like that?" The Knight asked, coming back around to his original reason for being here.

Last edited:

x3E72HF.jpg

"My angle?" Cato stroked his chin, "Well, gee, I was really looking to commit some war crimes and genocide, but I guess I'll have to settle for saving us all from an evil droid syndicate. Although, you didn't happen to find stuff about secret Jedi knowledge on that terminal, did you? Holocrons, weapons, anything neat like that?""

Hacks shrugged, "Well, I want to point out your first issue. KV-N1 don't want you to know you're watching, but they are. They're everywhere. You can't distinguish the everyday droid from those within the hive mind, and if you start caving in every droids brainchip then you'll just funnel more droids towards KV. They're a cancer, there's no simple solution."

She tossed out an open palm, offering nothing, "I wasn't looking for holocrons, weapons or anything else. I just want to see if the codes been tampered with and who has logged into the systems." Plastic eyes danced across the room, searching for cabinets and drawers, hints of a hidden safe or something more. She came up short, nothing but dust and bones. "You badges keep armouries in these type of places? You might find something there, but if you're going pilfering I want a cut."

She pushed off from the table and strode across the room. Mechanical thuds that disturbed the still air that haunted this tomb. Her legs were long and powerful, chrome plates shone under the little light that gleamed through broken windows and dirty curtains. Glimpses between the metal plates of her legs exposed the tubes, wires and hydraulics that made up her sophisticated cybernetic architecture.

"There's a bay on the lowest deck, was used for transporting cargo in and out when this place was still a warehouse a few millennia ago," Hacks chirped, a little information she had picked up when looking through the terminal. No one had deleted the chain of custody documents that existed before the Jedi and KV-N1 showed up to take over at their own respective times. If this guy wanted something, it was bound to be down there.

She stepped through the opening the Jedi had cut in the door, then turned to see if he was following and called to him, "I never got your name." When she had scanned his face it came back empty, he hadn't been through NSPD registry as he had never committed a crime that warranted his arrest here. "Most people call me Hacks," she introduced herself.

"You badges keep armouries in these type of places? You might find something there, but if you're going pilfering I want a cut," There was the catch, "There's a bay on the lowest deck, was used for transporting cargo in and out when this place was still a warehouse a few millennia ago."

"I… guess if we find something of interest to you, we can make it work," the idea didn't sit particularly well with Cato, but it was just the kind of sacrifice that was going to have to be made for the time being. Maybe none of the Jedi stuff would be up her alley anyway. Of course whatever else might be kept in this Dark Man's hideout was anyone's guess now. "We'd better get to looking, then." He watched the woman as she walked past, arguably a little too distracted by her legs; Only once she turned back did it click for him to follow.

"I never got your name…Most people call me Hacks."

"Hacks? A bit on the nose but that's cool," The knight teased, "…Cato." Giving out his name to strangers was pretty high on the list of things he was trying to avoid. But she hadn't tried to kill him yet, which was progress as far as he was concerned. Besides, leave it to Cato to look for the potential of good in a person above all else. Even if it might bite him in the ass.

"Alright Hacks, obviously you know more about this hive mind than I do. You got some idea on how to proceed? If it's a hive mind then we probably need to find the source, right? Cut the head off the snake, make sure it has no where else to escape to?" Already he was bouncing around ideas, fully committed to the idea of stopping KV-N1.

x3E72HF.jpg

After a brief introduction Cato cut to the chase, "Alright Hacks, obviously you know more about this hive mind than I do. You got some idea on how to proceed? If it's a hive mind then we probably need to find the source, right? Cut the head off the snake, make sure it has no where else to escape to?"

"See, now you're thinking," Hacks said as she walked back down the hallway she had come, "But where to even find the central hive mind? If I can get access to a droid who's linked in I could study their digital architecture and try and make a trace." She shrugged her shoulders, "But eh, it might be too dangerous a job. They're smarter than me, more resources, more bodies, more eyes."

As she approached the stairwell down into the depths of the enclave she said, "Meet you down there," then reached out to the railing and vaulted over. She dropped down the two floors and landed on the lowest deck with an incredible thud. Motors groaned in protest at the sudden exertion put on her cybernetics.

Her eyes scanned the room. Crates scattered about, pilfered by those who had come before them. Surely if these Jedi had an armoury it would be hidden or well secured somewhere. Before she made a move to look around she glanced up at Cato, waiting.

"But eh, it might be too dangerous a job. They're smarter than me, more resources, more bodies, more eyes."

“Might be,” He repeated, “But it’s not just you now, is it? Might be a Jedi is what you need to turn the tide,” He credited himself with a touch of sarcasm, “I’m probably not quite as good as you, but I know my way around a computer… Or, if nothing else, I can just start swinging my laser sword.” Even Jedi need hobbies. Cato had already developed his penchant for technology even before he was picked up by the Order.

"Meet you down there," He watched her leap down the stairwell with a smirk, then did the same, albeit with a bit more showmanship. The Knight climbed onto the dusty railing, then dove forward, flipping over to land on his feet at the last moment, and cushioning his landing with Force. Much quieter than her landing. “Sheesh. Not gonna lie, I’ll be surprised if there’s much still left in here.” This place had been around for some time, and evidently they weren’t the first to go snooping around. Cato meandered around the room, giving a cursory glance at everything he passed, “If there’s anything of value, it’s not just laying about. Look for signs of a secret room or hidden compartment, something like that. Might only be accessible to Force Users, even,” He closed his eyes and seemed to focus intently, hoping for some divination from his sixth sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom