Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dance

A chance meeting had happened a few years ago between Jairdain and Rex. There he had assisted in enhancing her Battle Meditation and they had come out victorious in the battle. Then he had disappeared and she had gone away for a couple of years herself.

Normally she wouldn't have thought of him again, but something made him cross her mind suddenly. Asking around brought up very little information about his current location, but word would surely reach his ears he was being investigated. She hoped that would happen and they could meet up again.

In fact, she went a step further and actually left an encoded message for him. It invited him to meet with her on Corellia. She had just completed a process of adoption and was already on the planet. Now she waited for him to show up at the inn called The Three Black Crows. After the reunion, they could then decide what they were going to do.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Someone was looking for him. That's what his 10 force sensitives who he called lieutenants and bodyguards told him. Someone from the CSA. They wouldn't find much. He had been careful of that.

Then an encoded message came. It was easy to crack the code. But it told him to meet them on Corellia. At a tavern called The Three Black Crows. He had his men and women check it out beforehand. It seemed clean. More information told him it was @Jairdain. Why in the kark was she looking for him. Had she heard? Would news have reached that far, would his son have told people.

No that wasn't Tom. He was a good boy, he wouldn't have mentioned it to anyone. Anyone at all. So why? It was a question that drew him to Corellia and into the tavern to a booth in a darkened corner his armour and force presence suppressed so no one would suspect a thing. Here he wait, to see how this would end.

Any interaction between them would have to be initiated by him. Jairdain was also already at the inn and waited for him. There were a few reasons she did not see him in his corner.

She was physically blind so had no idea what he looked like. Also since they had met, he had changed in a very large way and she couldn't recognize him any longer. Additionally he hid his presence in the Force so the dark shade sitting the corner was just another non-force using person to her.

There was little change in her since they met. Jairdain still followed a neutral path within the Force and did not bother to hide it.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He was looking around the bar when he spotted @Jairdain. How he had missed her earlier was beyond him. But from what he could remember she was blind so perhaps that was why she couldn't see him now. He had changed a lot and was suppressing his own force sensitivity as well as his armours. He got up moving to the table.

"Greetings Lady, why is someone like you doing in a place like this?" He would pretend for a moment to be someone else, ordering two drinks hoping to dull her senses slightly if it did come to a battle. "You looking for someone perhaps, because I heard words someone was digging around for me. Would that person be you?" He would ask still keeping up the idea he wasn't Rex.

When Rex approached her and broke the silence, she knew it was him right away. A great many things had changed about the man, but his accent remained. Even through the voice modulator, the accent shone through.

"Hello, Rex. Please take..."

He had already seated himself, but that was fine with her. When he ordered the drinks for them, she accepted the glass, but did not drink from it. It wasn't because she didn't want a drink, but because she had never had one she liked, she didn't think she would like this one.

The trick he tried to play to get her senses lowered, didn't work, but she was not intending to have a real fight with him. In fact that was the farthest thing from her mind.

"Yes, I was looking for you. Things are changing in the galaxy and there are so many futures. I guess I just wanted to catch up. Not sure why though."

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Since [member="Jairdain"] didn't touch her drink, Rex didn't touch his either. He wasn't planning to anyway. He sat across from the woman listening to her. "You wanted to catch up, how curious. very well what would you like to know. You want the future, the past or the present. All are fascinating in their own way each tells a different story."

He wasn't sure what she would ask but he would tell her enough to sate her curiosity and possibly send her on her way.

Brother
your affecting my thoughts
Your actually trying to fight me
How quiant
How much longer
How much longer before you give in
How much longer before I kill again
Or perhaps find another host
as much as you would like that
You know you have to hold me here
You know the damage I would do
If I was in control of a host
How much longer.

"It is very curious I agree."

It was fully noticed by h​er that Rex did not drink either. In her mind, the drinks were there more so they fit in better. Something he may not have remembered about her...Jairdain was a mentalist. Quite familiar with being able to tell the mental state of another person. There was something wrong with Rex.

"What happened to you?"

In her turn, if he asked, she would tell him of the past few years in her life.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He had forgotten she was a mentalist. She could see right through to see something was going on. It gave him a moment of pause. How did he forget that or perhaps the real Rex still in here had kept it hidden hoping she could help. Well since she was onto him from the word go he had to give her something.

"Yes I appear to have lost the spirit of the Lylek, it used to be in my head often and now I can't hear it." That wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the full truth either. It would be enough to hopefully throw her off the scent. "What about you, where have you been recently? I heard you only recently returned to the public eye." Another thing to make her talk more than him. The less he talked the less [member="Jairdain"] would find out.

Many of the various paths people could follow were a mystery to Jairdain. The one Rex mentioned was one of them. Not one to just blow the information off though, she decided she would look into it and see about learning from it. Upon a neutral path, so many choices were open to her.

"So you lost your faith?"

Not sure if that was qui​te the best way to put it, it did seem to be accurate though.

"I wasn't aware I was ever in the public eye."

It was a true statement. Even engaged to the crown prince of Commenor, she had managed to stay out of the limelight of things. No press hounded her. Her comings and goings were quiet and nobody ever said much.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was curious about the question lost his faith had he. Maybe maybe not. "I don't think so they speak through marks on the skin. Mine is still present on my body. So I don't think it is that but perhaps something else." He still wasn't lying merely just not telling the whole truth.

"Perhaps just in my eye then. most people are, there are few who my gaze doesn't see especially those in power. The prince's consort though. How curious I thought the Silver Jedi frowned upon attachments to others." Keep asking questions, keep her off balance long enough to leave the tavern. Perhaps he didn't have to fight today.

No
FIGHT
WIN
KILL HER
END IT
YOU WILL LISTEN
OR YOU WILL FEEL PAIN
[member="Jairdain"]

She could easily see his emotions and knew he was curious, not about what though. Maybe her question on his faith had something to do with it.

"I am not familiar with what one needs to go through, but I highly doubt they would only be able to communicate through a simple tattoo."

To her this meant he had turned his back on that path and was on something different. What it was, she did not know. Did it really matter though? In a way it did since she had been searching for him to catch up. To find out what had happened over the course of years.

"That's not the case all. Those were old school ideas and ideals. They no longer apply them."

The internal conversation going on within Rex was unknown to her, but Jairdain could still sense something was going on.

[member="Rex Taff"]​

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He listened to the woman and all of him knew she was right. She had hit the nail on it's head and she didn't even know it yet. The tattoo was them leaving a small piece of themselves with you. It was there to show you were theirs forever no matter where you went. His brother having taking over and corrupted most of Rex's mind, had effectively cut of the spirit from speaking.

She spoke of the old ways. "Funny how old ways seem to be messed up. But the things I could tell of the old Jedi. Trying to not be human believing they could turn from the darkness that way. So many have made that mistake and so many have fallen due to it. Yet still many groups use the old ways only to fall under a spell." He finished his speak. "Was there anything else you required or might I leave before something rather rash occurs."

He tried warning her, he just hoped he had enough time to get away.

[member="Jairdain"]

"What spell?"

She sensed the change within him. Like he had two (maybe more) minds within his head. ​Jairdain did not probe him mentally though, it had a good likelihood of being known if she had. Listening to his words and tone, it clearly changed.

Something else...he had not fully answered her initial question.

"What happened to you?"

Her focus was fully on him through the Force. A weight holding him there even if there was nothing to stop him from leaving. She would get to the bottom of this mystery even if she had take it from him by force. Doing nothing to him yet, she waited to hear what Rex would say.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex had tried to warn her, he had tried everything but he was no longer in power. A extreme hatred would rise into Rex's mind as he spoke "The spell of the corruption. My good lord, your [member="Jairdain"]. He was trying to protect you from me." The brother would listen "You ask to late. That should have been among your first questions of him, what happened, who are you, what's your background. How much pain you could have saved him and so many others."

The darkside was leaking off him as he forwent any idea of hiding or suppressing his armour. As it was unsuppresed an aura of horror was caused. Forcing many of the patrons to panic. Stampeding each other, even hurting each other in an effort to get away from it. Rex was then forced to stay by the force but that didn't stop his skills as the blood from the dead began moving.

[member="Jairdain"]

The woman did not flinch at the change and in fact seemed to grow in power herself. Instead of dark though, she almost started to glow. It matched him in its intensity and forced his aura back.

"And who are you? For the record, I did ask right away what happened and he didn't answer. I hope you can provide that for me."

Jairdain was a beacon of the light and as the lives started to return to the dead, they faded again. They could not tolerate the light touching them and they were sent back to the land of the dead.

"You think to make me afraid? I am Jairdain Ismet. A force of nature and power. Think again. Now care to talk about this calmly?"

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He flinched perhaps Rex had hidden more than who she was for him. He snarled he would take Rex later and put him back through that hellish remains of his memory again. Rex would learn not to hide things from him. He looked at the woman "Would you answer to someone who never showed care to you." His anger flashed burn as the pain and fear around him helped him grow in strength again. "If something was so wrong with you they would take your only connection to your parents would you tell them. If you had a beast of a foul nature in your head who was still family would you betray them."

The idea of the blood might have failed but the next idea hopefully wouldn't. He needed to keep speaking to distract her as he poured energy into the ground allowing it to take a form and into a fire allowing it to take a form. "I never said you would be afraid nor did my brother, He simply didn't wish to see harm be done to innocent people or you" He would pretend to focus on destroying the bond as well. Using the anger and hate to shield his thoughts and using the fear of those around him to give him more strength.

He turned his attention to someone with a blaster infecting their mind turning them to his cause. Forcing them to kill more people for him."Look you let the innocent fall just to keep me here. How curious, are you a Jedi or are you a Sith. Cause both let innocents die in their awful little wars. But at least the Sith take energy from the fallen, the death and destruction fuels them but it weakens the Jedi." As the ground tore up from below revealing a rather large Golem creature. And from the fire stepped out one made of flames. Both attempted to get close to fight [member="Jairdain"] .

There were many things Jairdain had kept hidden from the general population. Rex could not have known much about her. She was the advisor to the Crown Prince and his consort. It was also known she was a Silver Jedi, but she did not follow their code. Jairdain followed the code of her people and that was enough for her. What Rex could not have known was that Jairdain had once been captive of the Sith and for a time had been one among their number. Those chains had been broken by her and she would never return to them.

"You ask if I would do something hypothetically. Let me show you..."

​She was a mentalist and used those skills relating to it very well. This was not an attack however. Well, maybe in a way it was, but not a harmful one. Reaching out with the Force and with her thoughts on how to answer his question, Rex would be assault with her past. A past she had kept between herself, those that had been present and a few she had talked with after the events happened. (Ask for details if you want them.)

He then attempted to lay blame at her feet for the death of some people around them and she shook her head.

"When did I attempt to stop you from leaving? You caused this, not me. As for an answer to your question, I am not either of them. I am Jairdain Ismet and follow the path of my people."

Two golems were summoned by him. One of flame and the other of earth. With a change that recently happened for her, Jairdain was able to quickly dispatch the two creatures. Using cryokinesis on the one made with flame, it died as it froze to death. The other was swept away after she formed a flash storm just above its head. Being made of mostly dirt, it was an easy death and neither caused harm to any of the innocents around them.

"Now you never answered my question. Who are you?"

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rowin inside Rex watched as all his attempts ran futile but he did turn the could into a storm launching lighting at [member="Jairdain"] and then something clicked in his anger and he pulled out a power a lot of people had forgotten about that was useful within this scenario. Something he had learn while flow walking, he used Force Immunity. It stopped the force hold she had on him for long enough that he dropped back to the floor.

As he began to cloak himself in shadow and hide his signature he replied to her final question. "I am Rowin Taff corrupter of the disciples of the corrupted. I hope my path never crosses yours again, you are a step above what I was expecting, perhaps I need to find a new apprentice." He muttered as he disappeared into shadows. It was unlikely he would be found again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom