Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Council of Sorcery

@[member="Tirdarius"], I believe it is time for a refresh... :D I'll talk about it in your signature thread.

Thank you, @[member="Dranok Lussk"], your help will be appreciated and because of it, we won't plan on destroying your Sith Empire... :) At least as long as you teach us.

Lilith Mae Lancaster said:
@[member="Jacques Cavill"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

While it is true, that they use Sith Magic, the Council of Sorcery doesn't work like that. Maybe I didn't give enough details about them, but they believe and try to prove, that sorcery doesn't have to be a Sith thing, that Sorcery and the Dark Side of the Force are two different things. While we know that canonly, it is untrue. But they do believe it. It should be noted, that it might change in the future, in case something happens.

And about the teaching things: it would be a bit weird, if there was no recorded information about this type of Force usage (while I think this information is rare) and the theoretical part of it could be taught and passed on. The practical part is a bit harder, but the Council will try to teach as much as they can.

And I do know it seems a bit like Sith, but their culture and beliefs about using Sorcery are a bit different.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but Sith Sorcery/Magic IS Sith. It is literally the darkside of the force and can't be interpreted in any other way. We generally try not to go against canon on SWRP...because you know its a Star Wars RP Board. There's genuinely no other way to go about it, if you use Sith Magic, you're evil and or you are falling into evil every single time you use it. Thats just what it is. So quite literally every time your faction teaches someone else, uses a spell, or does something that uses Sorcery in any way they would get more and more corrupted by the darkside.

Like i said there is no "good" application for Sith Magic, it corrupts quickly and powerfully. Canon material leaves little up to interpretation for a reason.

That being said however there are other forms of "magic" in the Star Wars universe. Chief of which is Dathomir Magic which can be both "good" and Evil". I would be providing links but i'm currently on my phone and its a pain.

Yes, I do understand it can't be something else, but what I am trying to say is, that while they might try to prove it's not Sith, we actually know it is Sith and that Sorcery can't be done differently.

In the future, there might be additions like Dathomir Magicks or something else, but in the beginning, the Council will stick to these things.

I very much like this idea. Only one question.

Would you accept a Shaper of Kro Var? I know that its not really sorcery or magic, but it could be considered a form as it is altering the environment (Mainly earth and water). Even then, I would join just to learn about Sith magic and Alchemy.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I believe you are welcome. Since it's a council, there could be a member who represents another type or magic. But if we allow a Shaper, we might also allow a member who represents Dathomir magic. While they will not be teaching at the moment, they could learn and participate in various meetings or events.

Okay. Let me try to be excruciatingly clear here. In order to use Sith Magic one -has- to draw on the Negative emotions, Hatred, Fear, Despair, loss of hope, etc... So by its very nature the Sorcery you're talking about is evil. It literally cannot be interpreted in any other way, at all.

So every time they would try to "prove" its not evil they would literally need to draw upon the evil emotions one feels in order to actually use it. I highly doubt they wouldn't notice it doesn't work with other emotions. Sith Magic cannot be mistaken for not evil, which is why Jedi and other Force Users don't ever accidentally use it. Like i understand where youre coming from on this, that they're trying to "prove" its not evil, but even the most noobiest of Force Users would understand that Sith Magic is nothing but evil, because thats what it is.

I'm sorry, i love seeing new factions and its an interesting concept but Sith Magic won't work with it.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Evil is a very subjective word/belief. That's all I have to say; what you do with that fragment of advice is completely up to your interpretation, Lili. (I say this because he is technically right on the money)

Any Sith power that is used can corrupt. It always does. You are right on the money man. Its considered "Evil" I guess in a sense. Though I try to think of it differently.

EX. When a person puts a bomb in a house what do you think he is attempting to do? Blow the house up. Now take that bomb and place it under a broken home that needs to be taken down (with the right credentials and whatever else) The building is being removed to restart.

I think of it like this. You can have the power sure, The power is evil and corrupts, Yes. But CAN there be a chance for someone to use it for good? YES! Lets say a Sith is judging himself he thinks he needs to be a better person. He knows Sith Magic. So he uses it against his master to kill him and to try and start his life over. Anyway thats my two cents.

@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"] and thank you, that sounds fine to me. and since I'm really the only Active (Real Kro Varian) shaper I will probably be the only one available.

I understand you completely. Trying to prove Sorcery is not Sith is their secondary goal, if not even tertiary, after all. But a better way to describe this proving is, that they are trying to find a way to have a type of not so dark sorcery. While the noobiest Force user knows it can't be done with any other type of the Force, it does not mean they can't try finding a way, because we know, that without trying, no one can achieve something. But like we know, this little goal is going to fail and it won't be described in any threads or anywhere (most likely) and it is just IC information about what they los want to do, so I think it's not a big problem, because they have more important things to do.

Morna Imura said:
I think of it like this. You can have the power sure, The power is evil and corrupts, Yes. But CAN there be a chance for someone to use it for good? YES! Lets say a Sith is judging himself he thinks he needs to be a better person. He knows Sith Magic. So he uses it against his master to kill him and to try and start his life over. Anyway thats my two cents.
The only reason this would work is because Said Sith is using negative emotions fuel his Sith Magic. IE He is using Hatred and Despair towards his old Master in order to murder him. This act would then further corrupt him, and his path too "goodness" would likely be lost because of his use of Sith Magic. Thats what it does in canon. Thats why the few who have tried to use it for "good" always end up conquering despots who seek more and more power.

Lilith Mae Lancaster said:
I understand you completely. Trying to prove Sorcery is not Sith is their secondary goal, if not even tertiary, after all. But a better way to describe this proving is, that they are trying to find a way to have a type of not so dark sorcery. While the noobiest Force user knows it can't be done with any other type of the Force, it does not mean they can't try finding a way. But like we know, this little goal is going to fail and it won't be described in any threads or anywhere (most likely), so I think it's not a big problem, because they have more important things to do.
As long as you understand that it's literally impossible. I won't stop this faction or anything, i just don't see it being logical.

Good Luck to you guys though :) It'll be interesting RP'ing with people who have this viewpoint coming from a Sith Sorcerer who embraces the corruption.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I believe the ultimate point is: you need to be acting out of negativity to do the good, regardless of the outcome. In other words; you technically have to be geared towards doing/accomplishing something not good, even if it ends up coming out good. And that's why it is not impossible, but very difficult, to pull off as a faction.

Edit: Well, that, and the fact that virtually all of your outstanding practitioners will end up becoming evil and hateful themselves just from sheer usage.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
The only reason this would work is because Said Sith is using negative emotions fuel his Sith Magic. IE He is using Hatred and Despair towards his old Master in order to murder him. This act would then further corrupt him, and his path too "goodness" would likely be lost because of his use of Sith Magic. Thats what it does in canon. Thats why the few who have tried to use it for "good" always end up conquering despots who seek more and more power.
I understand that. and I wholeheartedly agree. I'm just saying its the thought that counts.

^Agreed Soon-to-be High Queen.

@[member="Turin Val Kur"], as I understand, you would like to learn Sorcery, but not destroy other factions? It is possible. This way you aren't a member of the leading council (which is basically the leader of the faction), but you are a member of the faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom