Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Council of Sorcery

The Council of Sorcery
During the times, there have been many Force sects who have preferred ancient sorcery skills rather than just using the Force. Unfortunately, being destroyed, these Force sects have disappeared...

Until now.

The remaining people who have found the ancient knowledge of these sects have formed a council which discusses the matters of the Galaxy, the Force and everything. One of their goals is to find people who still believe in sorcery and teach them the ancient ways.

The Council of Sorcery

The Council of Sorcery is a faction which centers around the training of sorcerers and spreading the ancient ways of sorcery through the Galaxy. They are a secret Force sect or even more correctly, the remnant of them. They discuss the matters of the galaxy and the politics of it.

They believe sorcery should be more known. They also believe the Force should not be used so shyly, that if they have been given the power to use something that powerful, they should use their full powers.

The faction will most likely never become major.

The Beginning

It is estimated, that there are many sorcerers in the galaxy who have lived in hiding. But some time after the Dark Harvest, the sorcerers started gathering and working together. As the sorcerers met each other, they immediately found similarities in each other, so they had an idea to create a secret Force sect which tries to undermine other Force organizations.

The council was formed.

Who’s allowed to join?

Everyone. Well, actually, you have to be a sorcerer or a sorceress, not a normal person. In case you are not Force-sensitive and want to join, you are allowed only if you fully support this way of the Force.

Allegiance

Members of the faction are allowed to be members of any other major faction, though they shouldn’t consider themselves as members of the major faction. The council itself shall be loyal to no one.

Goals

The main goal of this faction is, like said before, to spread the knowledge of sorcery and to teach young people to use their full potential. They also want to get rid of all other factions which allow the usage of the Force.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"], I don't know, if he is interested... He seems to put a lot of effort into creating another faction's Force things.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]... okay...

@[member="Kiyala Demont"], then join... I mean, in case you really want to.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I'll join under the alias Oleander.
Obvi OOC I'm the MD leader but I don't have any plans to stir up trouble inside; just wanna learn. :3
@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"]
Edit: An excellent question; do they want to trash other sorcery sects as well? o.o

@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

Well, at first they would try to become allies with the sect and they would try to make them join the council. If the sect doesn't join, they would still have some sort of friendly relation. But if the sect becomes a threat for the Council, they will most likely start eliminating it.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Lilith Mae Lancaster said:
@[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

Well, at first they would try to become allies with the sect and they would try to make them join the council. If the sect doesn't join, they would still have some sort of friendly relation. But if the sect becomes a threat for the Council, they will most likely start eliminating it.
By sect I hope you know I mean us. Eliminate? That might be a tall order (Because, Order 66) lol. But friendly relations, that could work. xD

Elayne Hawk said:
What do you mean by sorcery exactly? Like the spells that the witches of Dathomir practice?
@[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Have you heard about the Sorcerers of Rhand... or about the Sorcerers of Tund? Well, similar to them. The sorcerers create illusions, can do shapeshifting (well, not into too powerful beings/things), manipulate people and their minds and perform ancient rituals, spells... they read runes and write spellbooks and many things like this...

Those who practice Sith Magic are, to my knowledge, the only ones who can carry the title Sorcerer in canon. The Sorcerers of Tund and the like were practitioners of this particular art. If the intent of this Council is to spread the knowledge and usage of Sith Sorcery...you may have a speed bump there. That is simply due to the fact that those skilled in the usage of this Art are a tad...stingy. It takes quite a long time to amass the information, even more time to master the spells, and in the end you result in a culture who only dispense their teachings when it serves to their advantage in one way or another.

My humble opinion.

Yeah, you're talking about Sith Magic. Sith magic is highly coveted and extremely rare, few people know it, and fewer are willing to teach it. As @[member="Jacques Cavill"] stated before. Beyond that your faction sounds like its supposed to be rather peaceful something that Sith magic doesn't really hold to. Sith Magic as its written in canon is the purest and most absolute expression of the Darkside of the force, it has no "good" applications.

I'm not saying you can't do it, im just saying it doesn't make much sense XD

@[member="Jacques Cavill"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

While it is true, that they use Sith Magic, the Council of Sorcery doesn't work like that. Maybe I didn't give enough details about them, but they believe and try to prove, that sorcery doesn't have to be a Sith thing, that Sorcery and the Dark Side of the Force are two different things. While we know that canonly, it is untrue. But they do believe it. It should be noted, that it might change in the future, in case something happens.

And about the teaching things: it would be a bit weird, if there was no recorded information about this type of Force usage (while I think this information is rare) and the theoretical part of it could be taught and passed on. The practical part is a bit harder, but the Council will try to teach as much as they can.

And I do know it seems a bit like Sith, but their culture and beliefs about using Sorcery are a bit different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom