Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Council Convenes (Attn: Grand Council)

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Imprisoning someone for life wasn't different from killing them? Curupira blinked and looked to [member="Serian Loria"]. Seriously? There was one thing there that stood out though. THe man would prefer if the victim decided the man's fate. That certaily brought some thinking to the redhead. At the same time @Manu Xexton got on the wagon of common sense with his question. How any of this actually going to work on a Sith Master? His vote didn't make her thing the man ruthless even if he used those words himself. Ruthless was not the word she'd use after what they had heard here.

Her attetion returned to Ket, seeing his eyes on her. She didn't look away again and it was plain as day just how much her mate wasn't happy about any of this. He still reached out for her hand, the skin of it feeling the soft squeeze she had been given before the Sith Lord agreed with Manu, going on vote that matched hers. Nothing short of death.

[member="Salem Norongachi"] made it quite simple. Submit the man to trial and authorize deadly force if the man doesn't comply. As [member="Phoebe Verd"] chipped in for the first time, she called death simple and not fun. Usually, Curupira would very much agree. Death usually was simple. But in this situation, Curupira wasn't just the girl whose preferred methods of fun were discussed. This was very different. What had been done to the girl was beyond everyday things, it was more than just discussing fun. This was far more important. This was the girl's future, things that would happen to Daxton Bane now would affect the girl more than anything else. Back to Salem who again spoke, answering the blonde and suddenly offered something completely new. Curupira suddenly didn't turned her eyes from Ket ad looked at the man as he spoke of a very detailed idea of what could be done to the Sith. It wasn't half as bad. Told her Salem ahd plenty of potential. Not that he seemed all too thrilled about he was saying but hey, everyone started somewhere. And then left. Interesting.

The sudden add, where Curupira recognized the voice but not the tone. [member="Vorhi Alestrani"] spoke directly to the blonde, calling on her words. He claimed this wasn't vengeance but the law. Well then, law was stupid, Curupira decided then and there. He kept talking, going on ways to actually apprehend the man and even went to address her mate.

"You're right. This isn't about fun or vengeace. But this also isn't about the law. The law is just a tool here. What this is really about... or should be, is the life of a girl that has been ruined. This is for her. What we decide here will affect her more than anyone else, it will affect her for the rest of her life." She inhaled deep then, and let her golden gaze wander around the room without focusing too much on anyone. She would have preferred if she didn't have to discuss this too deep. She had hoped people could understand but they didn't. None of them really did, not truly. "In a way, this girl could just be one of the lucky ones. We know who did this to her. We know who hurt her. At the same time, your decision here could make things worse. Death would be just, it would bring closure. But if you choose to go with this mild way, just remember that you better deliver, anyway you can because that's what the victim needs." There were things Curupira never spoke, never thought about. Things no one was privy to. She had never discussed this with Seth, she'd never told this to Ket. But she wasn't just randomly throwing words here nor was she enjoying anything about her words. But things were simple here. Trauma like this never actually went away, it never faded. Blocking it from your mind, sure. But even that was forced and didn't work for long term. Something had to be done with Daxton Bane. And it had to be done right, for her.

[member="Isley Verd"] [member="Feena Mason"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Keter"] [member="Ket Van Derveld"]

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
Serian sat back his lit ruby gaze glittering, he’d no idea the victim had been a girl, but now that he did, it changed things. “I didn’t realize the one harmed had been a girl and I apologize. I stand by my decision, a life in a cage is not suitable, nor would inflicting this man on the girl be a wise choice either and I am sorry for suggesting it. If we get him alive, make his life hell. There are ways to keep someone alive and in torment, this man deserves no honor, no leniency or any rights at all.” He stood up and looked at [member="Isley Verd"] “You should have given me the time to learn these details before a summons, if you need a face that this man won’t know I’ll volunteer, but I won’t give this creature any mercy.

He knew how it made him look, to know nothing at all and missing, to him a very important detail, it angered him. One because he felt a fool and angry because they had to talk about what to do to the man. “Direct me if I am to take part otherwise I see no point in discussion when its clear action has been chosen. Death is too lenient, make the bastard suffer.

He wasn’t sure if he’d be able to sit around in ‘discussion’ any longer and two because it dredged up some painful memories and losing composure would have only made him feel worse. He knew one thing keeping up on the events in the Confederacy were just that much more important. He’d forgotten that while he was no longer in his past, any internal events inside a faction were going to be needing to be watched. What was done was done however and he’d apologized as best he could, given the circumstances.

Upset as he was, he wasn’t going to leave without permission. He didn’t know if he needed it or not and he’d rather err on the side of caution than do something disrespectful. His skills had always been more for politics and force craft than being in the thick of battle. His skills with the Force were suited to aiding others instead of being face to face with an opponent. He could wear a dozen masks and lure someone with polite talk, but when it came down to a physical fight, he only had so many tricks. He did have a thought however, if the girl was in no state to do anything, if her mother or perhaps a sister was alive, they’d be better. “If the girl has a mother or sister, you could always get their input on how this man should be punished. I’m willing to bet no amount of things I could think of would last a hair compared to the wrath of theirs. I’d be satisfied with whatever punishment would be given from them. The girl should get money enough to be cared for for the rest of her life and...should she be pregnant, she should have the means to decide the fate of it. Anything she wants should be given, she has that right, it would be the honorable thing to do.

It was a well known fact that women were by far much crueler than a men, especially mothers and sisters of a woman so harmed. Oh yes, anything decided from her female family would be quite suitable and the girl would hopefully find satisfaction that her family saw her well avenged. He bowed to Isley “May I be dismissed Master Verd? I don’t believe I have anything else to offer and I’ve made my feelings and my vote clear.

"It seems to me that the farther this topic of discussion goes, the more and more those here seem to begin to agree with me. Capture him, torture him, then kill him. You want torture, *I* am torture. I can make this man forget who he is, I can turn him into anything, from a willing and obedient slave to a mindless drone who does nothing save on my own command..."

He trailed off at those last words, and let go of [member="Curupira Hawk"]'s hand, and began to chuckle. That chuckle, it turned into a steady laugh, eyes closing as he processed a hundred thoughts at once. Standing up, he looked to [member="Isley Verd"] as his eyes snapped open, sapphire orbs replaced by flame. Yes, the man's eyes had burst into flame, spitting and burning like the stars themselves. Was it the Force? Perhaps, perhaps not, but surely something was not quite right with the Lord Inquisitor, as this had only happened three times before, none of them in the lifetimes of those born within the past 800 years. "Isley, if you think for a moment that this will end in anything other than abject degradation and cold blooded murder, you are a fool as much as our esteemed Archon."

Ket then turned his attention to [member="Feena Mason"], and leaned in toward her with his fiery gaze. "You, my dear Feena, you have not a strand of leadership in your existence. You are but a joke in the eyes of your people, and you make those whom have real power laugh at you. The leaders of old, be them Jedi, Sith, or even simple plain people... They held the entire galaxy within their grasp simply on the convictions of their faith or the words they let loose of their lips. You sit here, and you act as if you know the best course of action, and you treat this entire gathering as nothing more than a joke. A formality that doesn't matter in the least. Lie to THEM..." Ket motioned to the rest of those gathered "...if you must. Lie to yourself if it makes you feel better. But do not lie to ME, little girl. I am not amused, nor will I be swayed but such petty little whims. I once held this galaxy in terror simply at the mention of my name, and now that I use that which I have spent decades to perfect to help it, I will not be undermined by some little girl whom thinks she knows better simply due to her title."

Ket looked to those gathered, and picked up both of his lightsaber hilts from the table, sliding them back into his forearm holsters. "Continue to bicker if you must. Daxon Bane will meet his end, one way or another. Say what you will, think what you will. The simple fact of the matter is this..."

Ket turned to leave, extending his hand to Curupira as he paused a moment, his back to those gathered. He would take her from this gathering, by force if he must. This was not where he wanted his beloved to be, as no one here seemed to have the backbone required.

"...it will happen, one way or another. I have no time nor desire to sit here debating it further."

[member="Manu Xextos"] [member="Salem Norongachi"] [member="Serian Loria"] [member="Feena Mason"] [member="Keter"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Curupira Hawk"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Phoebe Verd"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"And thus spake the public relations department," said Ember, deadpan. He rose and donned his helmet. "Think I've said my piece. If you need Bane tracked, I can do that. Posting a formal bounty for his capture wouldn't hurt. Archon." He gave a nod to [member="Feena Mason"] and ducked out.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Input of another? Curupira though about the words [member="Serian Loria"] offered but quickly discarded this idea. This was the responsibility of the Confederacy of this Council now, after all that happened. They had to make this decision. But [member="Ket Van Derveld"] was right, slowly people were beginning to hear what was said and beginning to understand why punishment and death were right, appropriate in this event.

She felt her mate's hand leave her and heard the chuckle, causing the redhead to turn to look at Ket. The chuck shifted and he had his eyes closed. Curupira kept her golden eyes on him, unable to look away as he stood up and eyes opened. To the side she couldn't see them fully but she could swear they had an odd glow to them, and more alive than they normally seemed. Which wasn't possible was it?

First, Isley got his words then came to Archon. Curupira listened, quietly, though she didn't look away from him for a moment. While the Dathomiri didn't care for the galaxy at all, only for those select few close to her heart; even she knew enough to know how faith worked, from the smallest of scales to the entire known space. The things he told the Archon though told plenty. Cura didn't like this woman so much already, clearly she had ticked him off far more. Alright then, she just thought. The two hilts left the table, her gaze wandering down to the table for a moment before she looked up again, he had his back to the table now, his hand extending to her.

Curupira didn't even blink as she raised her hand and placed it into his, standing up from her seat. For a split second, her gaze passed to [member="Isley Verd"], her expression light. She liked her trainer, he was nice and to an extent she could understand he took a completely neutral point here and listened to everyone here. Then she looked at [member="Feena Mason"], her face losing the friendly emotion she had for her trainer. Then she turned and raised her chin, looking at her mate, seeing the fire in his eyes, first time clearly while he finished his sentence. Her eyelids fluttered, a sign of surprise for what she had seen. It settled quickly though and she realized whatever it was, she liked it. And with that knowledge, she was ready to be led out of here. There was nothing more she would say here, nothing she wanted to reveal. If they hadn't realized how their decision was crucial today, she wasn't going to draw the holo for them anymore.

([member="Manu Xextos"] [member="Keter"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Phoebe Verd"])

Vorhi rubbed his forehead. He wish he had eyes to glare at [member="Ket Van Derveld"] as he rambled on about entirely irrelevant issues. He sighed.

He slowly stood and pointed at the man after he had finished his quaint little tirade. "Used to quake, yes. But now, you sit on this council, and you will not browbeat and namecall against the Archon like a child having a tantrum simply because you don't like the laws that have been passed before your tenure. I have seen empires run by power and fear, and where might is confused with leadership. I can name you a good seventy Sith lords who all followed your philosophy as their wretched empires fell apart from under them, because they believed that might and wrath should overpower the law," he said, unflinchingly standing. He wasn't going to let some obnoxious rhetoric bowl over the legality of this hearing.

He sighed putting his hands behind his back. "Ket, this council has a sworn duty to the laws of the CIS. Now, if you wish to act against those laws in your pursuit of Daxton Bane, you will be held accountable. As Daxton Bane will be held accountable. I'm done placating your ego, or anyone else's today," he said, sweeping his arms at those left in the room. "The citizens of the CIS must learn that the law is equally applied to all--powerful or weak, saint or sinner. Now, I believe all of you have voted. This matter is closed, and the minutes will be delivered to the Justice Office so charges may be filed," he said calmly. "Also, Ket, for the record, when you have done half the work Lady Mason has to secure real, lasting things of value for the citizens of this nation, you may be able to talk about what leadership actually means. Until then, I'd recommend you actually try working with us instead of making bellicose demands."

He didn't flinch. Any one using the force would have seen a green flicker of fire in his chest as he had spoken. He'd had more than enough of this brattiness. There was a job to be done, and instead of fulfilling their duty, people here were ranting about platitudes and ideologies. He looked to [member="Curupira Hawk"]. "I agree with you on one count--we must see this through, to its end. And we will. However, we will not destroy the law to do so. We will not usurp the authority of the nation itself simply to make it easier on ourselves. Daxton will be brought in chains, he will answer for his crimes, and he will be sentenced to the full extent of the law. I finish what I start. And this will be finished. Legally and rightly."

[member="Isley Verd"] [member="Feena Mason"] [member="Keter"] @ whoever else is still in the room

The Eternal Queen
The Archon didn't blink, did not react to the blatant disrespect from one of her own council. Well, she doubted he would be on the Council much longer after this. It didn't even matter that he had chosen to directly insult her personally. She was never one to get upset over something so childish. But she could not keep someone around if they would show such obvious disregard for confedercy law.
She blinked once at him as he turned to leave, fully prepared to let him storm out. Perhaps without him, there could be some manner of professionalism here. Considering they were all, (YOU KNOW) leaders of a good portion of the Galaxy. She didn't even grace his mate with a nod, or even a look. There was no reason that she should have been here in the first place at all, and her obvious distaste for confederacy law made Feena very confident that she would not be seeing her again any time soon. Thank the Force. Honestly, why even join the Confederacy if they did not like the way the laws were set up?

The Archon prepared to speak-

That was, at least, until Vorhi spoke up before her. Him, she actually looked at. He had her respect from the moment they met. He was calm, clear and level headed. If there was a single leader here that made any sense at all, it was him.
And what more, he actually had the nerve to call out Ket personally. The Archon tilted her head as she listened, but made no move to defend herself or back Master Alestrani up. There was a smile in her eye though, that would not register on her lips.
Ket claimed that she had no respect from the Council, that they all thought she was worthless, but here was one of their own, one of the Council standing to defend her without The Archon herself moving to encourage it.
This was a simple move that nullified everything Ket had previously said, made all of his insults nothing more than petty words designed to hurt, It stole the truth right out of them and threw it back in his face.

And Feena herself, just sat in silence, eyes moving around to each member gathered there, pausing on Isley Verd for a little longer than the others, before moving on to Vorhi and finally, at last, resting on Ket. She was sitting and he was standing, but that look in her eyes made it clear that she did not feel lower than him. In fact, there was a glint of almost motherly disappointment that made her almost seem as if she were looking down at a child who had stolen a cookie from the cookie jar. He had made a fool out of himself and dishonored the entire Council. Even if she did not bother to move for his removal (Feena was far too busy with her work) she had a feeling that someone else would do it for her.

"...I believe that concludes this meeting," The Archon said at last, rising to her feet.

Ket paused in his movements as Vorhi spoke. Browbeating? Namecalling? He closed his eyes, a smile forming on his lips as he silently laughed to himself.

"You can name me all the Sith Lords who have come before me, and I shall name you all the Sith Lords who have tried to survive me. Might and wrath hold no sway over my words, boy. Justice. That is what concerns me. You speak of law and order, yet it is obvious to me that you understand neither. I can see now that none of you save [member="Salem Norongachi"] have a clue as to how this galaxy truly works."

A fist clenched for a moment before it released it's grip.

"I wash my hands of you all. Soon enough, the Confederacy will know what true leadership is. I only pray that it happens soon..."

Looking to the Archon, he sighed, and spoke lowly. "You, my dear, lack the courage of your convictions. I shall see you soon, and I shall have your head upon a spike when I do. Enjoy these moments, for they are your last." Taking [member="Curupira Hawk"] 's hand firmly within his own, he left the hall rather curtly. Those gathered had no idea it seemed, no idea what was about to happen. The CIS would either fall or flourish. Ket would leave it up to them to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom