Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Corellia Affair (Metal Lords negotiating with FWC)

Ultimatum was quick to answer the question. There was no doubt in the artificial's mind. Organics might not think the same way and agree to Ultimatum's fears, however Ultimatum would not attempt to force them. Their will was their own and the droid was well aware of the danger of attempting to force organics to do something they were against.

"Of course, the organic will is their own." Ultimatum avoided speaking further. For now anyways, for the purposes of this meeting Ultimatum believed he had completed his obligation. Now it was a time of waiting and listening to the various agreeing parties, perhaps hearing the occasional added request or demand. Whatever may come, Ultimatum waited.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Myles Davorak"] [member="Rashae"] [member="Nerius"] [member="AD-8"] [member="Delila Castillon"]

AD-8 looked at the organics with curiosity as they entered the room and greeted them with a nod of his head. He had decided to let HK do most of the talking but was not afraid of making his opinions clear. He listened to HKs decree speech and agreed with him, he was preparing to use the orbital shipyards on Hakassi and didn't want to just give them away. He also agreed that droids should have the same rights as organics and not be treated as slaves. This was one point that he wouldn't budge on and was sure that the other metal lords wouldn't either.

"I agree, we are not oppressors," he said in response to HK before sitting back and letting the discussions start.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Myles Davorak"] [member="Rashae"] [member="Nerius"] [member="Delila Castillon"]

"Oppression is for Sith and other controlling factions. Thus far I have interacted well with, and assisted many organics of late. I see that they appreciate the kindness we show them. Whether they understand us as we are, or not. I don't believe the minority will remain such a small number before long. We will be called to stay for the permanent treatments we offer." Nerius offered, arms folded tight against his chest as he leaned against a wall. Being an HRD, his body for all intents and purposes would forever pass as human. Hence his ease of interaction. Yet he was immortal much the same as the others present.

"Though, giving the option of showing who and what we are, what we stand for.. it is more than a valuable set up." He finished, then glanced to the woman whom spoke for the others. His was a human spirit, bound to this droid, so it was odd now interacting with one potentially on a close level as this. Now however he was able bodied as he had never been, basically untouchable, infallible, incredibly powerful. Would he go back? Not at the moment.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="AD-8"]

Brad was running late. He was late with good reason but the fact remained he was running late.

Brad walked down the corridor to the meeting not wearing his high end suit of a Corellian attorney today. It was not the dress blues of a Corellain Coresec officer. He wore his black BDUs of a Coreillain Officer, complete to the double blood strips down the pants legs. Upon his right hip, was the standard issue blaster of a Corellian officer. Upon his left was his lightsaber. Due to the circumstances of late Brad was re-commissioned. Not by his request but by Coresec. That fact did not dissuade the proud Corellain. Brad had given his oath long ago. It was not his Corellian stubbornness that moved his to this feeling. It was his love and devotion to his people.

Very soon he will be in the conference room with the others. Little did Brad know, his ex-wife [member="Delila Castillon"] was in the room.

[member="Faith Organa"][member="Nerius"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Rashae"] [member="Myles Davorak"] [member="AD-8"]

Corellia – Space Station
[member="Delila Castillon"] / [member="Myles Davorak"] / [member="Rashae"] / [member="Brad Solo"]​
Well now let’s take each of these things in turn” Faith had to remember [member="HK-36"] speech first, good thing she had a good memory about their official stance.

“First yes we agree that Corellia has made many contributions to the galaxy that deserve recognition.” She nodded.

Second, Yes I will agree to allow the Corellian people to decide by vote of whose sphere of influence they wish to come under.” That was what free thinking republicans do they allow the people to choose who they want to align with.

Third I will agree to the Metal Lords dominion over Denon, Nubia, Hakassi, Saberhing, Columus, Dorsis, New Plympto, Thoadeye, and Leria Kersil.” It was a lot to remember and she wasn’t sure she remembered them all but in truth they only wanted Corellia and anything else that had one time been the Corellian Hex of influence they had no interest in.

“Now the fourth item HK, how does one prove that a droid is self-aware, autonomous, and intelligent enough. Aren’t all droids intelligent to begin with? On this point you must help me to understand the criteria and how it is used to prove self-awareness.” It might be a bit much for her to comprehend but she was an intelligent woman she could be reasoned with.

She looked to all the others in the room to [member="Ultimatum"] and [member="Nerius"] and then [member="AD-8"] .

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Nerius"], [member="AD-8"], [member="Ultimatum"], [member="Delila Castillon"],

Hearing the other Metal Lords back his proclamation and offer their support brought what could only be described as approximately tide of emotions into HK's feelings-unit, often during his work with GA or even Omega Protectorate the machine felt in a way on his own, always having to carve out his existence in a world filled with organics in leadership positions, rarely listening to what he had to say or offer yet being forced to brood through their ever-amounting failures. To have now other droids who agreed and backed him, to not be for once alone in his ideals and goals, that was something entirely new. Although working alongside [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] came very much close to it as the woman always showed kindness and respect to the droid, except that one time she left him in the middle of negotiations with the Republic to go make out with the delegation sent to speak with them.

Either way, HK looked back to the other Metal Lords and nodded to them,

"Thank you, my Lords."
Nerius' claim was a bold one, bolder than others, although HK was still learning more about that particular Lord's nature. He was a peculiar sort, a kind of droid HK was going to watch with great interest.

The door to the chamber opened then and [member="Brad Solo"] walked in, the tardiness of a Corellian representative ruffled the droid's feathers a bit, especially since the center point of the meeting was discussion on the future of his planet, although knowing Corellians the machine did not expect anything else,

"Young Master Solo, Representative of CorSec, I am glad in the end you decided to join us."

The machine paused the negotiations briefly to greet the man and put attention to his late arrival. HK motioned then to the oval elongated table they were all by,

"Please, sit or stand, Corellia remains a free planet where Corellians are able to do as they please."

He broke the news about what Brad missed to him,

"I just issued my decree as Lord Above Denon regarding your home planet. The Metal Lords heard the calls from portion of the population on your wounded planet for us to come and accept you into our embrace, however we recognize that this could have been only a vocal minority. We recognize Corellian sovereignty and respect your independence, whether this planet joins the Metal Lords territory, Coalition space, or remains neutral between two powers, that will be a decision made by Corellians, not me or other Machine Lords."

HK motioned back to Ulti, AD, and Nerius,

"My fellow droid space representatives agreed with my stance."

Looking to [member="Faith Organa"] the machine nodded,

"I apologize, Queen Organa, it would be poor negotiations regarding the state of Corellia if a Corellian would not know what is happening. As to your question, yes droids possess sentience and intelligence. However, not all machine are droids. In Metal Lord society we distinguish droids from drones, one is intelligent with capacity to learn, remember, think, and feel, the other is nothing more than an autonomous mechanical servant with capacity to carry out only a single specific task, learning nothing more than that, unaware of their own existence. You could compare droids to being human, and drone to being their beasts of burden. Proving that a droid is capable of self-awareness and intelligence necessary to be considered sentient can be proven fairly easily actually."

HK explained in answer to Faith's previous question,

"Unlike organics, you can look at a droid's programming, and through the code understand capacity of its mind. If it is written into its mind that the machine has capacity to feel, learn from the data it gathers, and be self-aware, then it is clearly a sentient being."

Post originally made as Master Sor-Jan Xantha. In light of account name swap, please accept my apologies and assume I exited the thread sometime after. It should still count for your 50 post dev thread requirement.
intervention+space.png
Entering the Corellian System
The Venator-class star destroyer seemed to appear from out of nowhere.

The corporate flagship of the Corellia Digital Corporation was, despite the name, a rare sighting for this locale. Corellia Digital's contracts with the Underground had distributed a fair amount of the company's resources out toward the Kathol Outback. Meanwhile, attacks out toward the Tingel Arm of Silver Jedi space had caused the company to place an emphasis on securing assets toward Laekia. With stable allies in the Galactic Alliance and the Corellian Jedi Enclave so nearby, the board had taken their eyes off of Denon or Corelia.

That had proven to be a mistake.

While Sor-Jan and the Intervention had vanished out beyond the Outer Rim, a variety of political forces had upset the status quo of the Core and Mid-Rim worlds. From Commenor to Alderaan, the void left by the collapse of the One Sith had apparently inspired an entirely new geo-political landscape. Which, was all well and good... except when it threatened to interfere with the company bottom line.

Denon, the financial capital of the Corellia Digital Corporation and home to its Corell Financial banking and investment subsidiary, had suddenly fallen under the influence of an automated marionette with delusions of grandeur.

A metal lord, or so he was told.

The Five Brothers of the Corellian System, home to Corellia Digital's core operations, distribution, and warehouses, had come into dispute between these so-called metal lords and a coalition of planets. With hundreds of Corellian, Drall, Selonian, Talus, and Tralus jobs at stake, the young Jedi could not simply be a passive observer to the diplomatic situation taking shape in his own home.

The identification signal broadcast by the ship marked it as the Star Destroyer Intervention. It was a restored relic of the Clone Wars, having been salvaged through the combined efforts of Corellia Digital, Sasori Research, and Lucerne Labs. As the stately ship-of-the-line drifted nearer to Centerpoint Station, a small, Corellian light freighter descended from out of lower hanger bay.

The YT-2400 drifted between the ship and the massive station, arriving moments later at a hangar bay there.

Sor-Jan had personally negotiated the establishment of Corellia Digital's manufacturing facilities on Talus and Tralus. He and the Alderaan Queen were well known, allowing the ship to enter even unannounced without delay.

Stepping off the loading ramp, the tow-headed Jedi made his way into the station. He wore typical attire for a spacer native to this part of the galaxy, complete with the yellow piping of a Corellian bloodstripe down the sides of his trousers. A single lightsaber bounced against his left thigh as he walked, the only outward indication of his rank or status.

His contacts in the business world indicated that the droid he was looking for identified itself as [member="HK-36"].

All things considered, finding a droid referring to itself as a metal lord on a station full of Corellian drunks, con men, and swindlers ought not to be very difficult.

Brad had entered the room.

He did notice several things. One his x-wife [member="Delila Castillon"] was in the room. He was not expecting that. Then there was a droid calling him a young man. When in fact Brad was not tactically a young man. This was all before Brad could even find a seat. This droid, [member="HK-36"] was its name? Well the droid was telling Brad some pretty interesting information.

Well Brad remained standing while being told this information. He seemed calm and collective.

When he did have a chance to speak?

"Corellia remains to be a free planet?", Brad's words came out more like a rhetorical question. "Corellia is a star system. It has more then one habitual planet. Each of these planets have been colonized by Corellians thousands of years ago", he rarely tried to correct anyone at these delegations. It however was not going to help anyone if people were miss informed of the situation.

"I'm pleased your willing to recognize the sovereignty of the Corellian government. After all it has been the government of the Corellian people for centuries. Though mistakes have been made we do have the chance to correct them right now."

"It is in the best interest for everyone if Corellia remains intact and not within the influence o Metal Lords. I do have permission to speak to Her Grace [member="Faith Organa"]. Corellia may be interested in being part of the Free Coalition if that would mean Corellia maintains its own sovereignty. Your Grace how closely is this Coalition to the Old Republic? How do individual stems governments interact with each other in the Coalition?"

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Ok they were now coming at her with a bunch of questions she would have to pick things apart prioritize and then answer. First HK answer to her.

She had listened to everything he said but for some reason everything he said made her feel like it was going to take another metal lord to determine whether one of their own was sentient. "I would also say that an 'organic'" she used his terms even though it made her feel she was undermining everyone who wasn't made of metals and plastics. "would have to be able to concur to such a thing. Rather than just a full reliance on one of the Metal Lords. If someone else concurs that there is sentience I would accept that."

Now to direct answers to [member="Brad Solo"] Faith was unaware of the connection between [member="Delila Castillon"] and Brad. Even if she was aware it would not change anything it would just give her a point of reference to watch. Was there mutual understanding between them so that it didn't interfere with these negotiations? But she was oblivious so she continued.

"Who are you? And in what capacity are you here representing Corellia? But yes Corellia would retain its sovereignty the Coalition doesn't look to place someone where. The Old Republic? How old are speaking to sir? As for Coalition operation we have assembly where representatives can gather on Alderaan to discuss whatever is needed." She had now answered his questions with questions.

But who was he?

[member="HK-36"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Nerius"] [member="Rashae"] [member="AD-8"]

[member="Brad Solo"] | [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="HK-36"]

Delila couldn't help with a little snort of laughter when HK called Brad a 'young man'. Brad wasn't so old but knowing the man he probably didn't appreciate the dismissal. The droid was incredibly old by comparison but it appeared her ex-husband probably wasn't putting that into perspective. Too worried about Corellia for the moment. Delila wasn't personally concerned by the Metal Lords or whatever they chose to call themselves. Her encounters with HK had been mostly harmless and unless his circuits were corrupted, they weren't a completely negative force.

HK-36

[member="Eriond"] ((I know you're switching the character, but if you want to stay in the thread I'm alright with that!))

Finding the Metal Lords and the FWC representatives would not be too hard indeed, especially since HK would receive a message about another ship coming in to send Corellian representatives to the station they were meeting on in order to join the talks. The longer these talks went on the more rumors the droid heard about Corellian punctuality, or lack thereof, turned out to be true. Either way, directions would be sent to these new representatives on how to find the meeting and join it.

Meanwhile, in the conference,

[member="Brad Solo"], [member="Delila Castillon"],

"We respect Corellian freedom and sovereignty, especially in the face of hardships it recently endured under the One Sith, but we will also extend the same respect and views towards other planets in the region, Colonies like Saberhing, Sacorria, or Columnus included. It is noble that Corellia still remembers the times of watching over these planets as colonies, and if their governments return the sentiment as well, then it would be understandable, but should they decide to remain in alliance with Metal Lords and as part of our territory while Corellia chooses FWC, we will support their choice and ability to pick their own path."

The droid clarified,

"I will not place more value on freedom of one planet over another. That said, I doubt one of the Five Brothers will decide to pick a different allegiance or one of the sides if Corellia chooses to stay independent."

Looking over to [member="Faith Organa"] the machine would motion with his head to Brad,

"Officer Solo here is a representative of CorSec."

The droid explained before clarifying with a wave of his hand,

"And you do not need to rely on Metal Lords or even droids to check sentience of another machine, all you really need is a datapad and connect it to the droid to check their programming. The evidence would be all there in their code, organics who know how to read it can check it relatively easily. They might need to take a course or two on how to read and access the code but that is about it."

The machine wondered, glancing briefly to Dells after that, if the Redhead still remembered any of the Bladedancer training HK subjected her to back in the days of the Protectorate.

This indeed was a very highly unorthodox situation. Brad did not spend half of his day so far trying to keep the peace to let war happen now. Yes war is what normally happens when the one government interrupts the sovereignty of another. Yes maybe ignorance could be claimed in this situation but to some die hard stubborn Corellians they normally shot first and then asked questions later. Brad was shocked that nothing had happened like that thus far. He knew he had to react fast while he had the permission of his government.

“Yes your grace”, Brad smiled kindly to [member="Faith Organa"]. He did smile. He wished to convey a friendly demeanor to the Queen of Alderaan. “I am an officer representing Coresec. I’m here to officially represent the Corellian government during this highly unorthodox situation. To be precise I’m an Admiral in the elite Tactical Response Team. Historically known as the model Rogue Squadron was fashioned after. Yes I’m an officer in the military branch of Coresec. My superiors were unsure if a military representative was going to be needed at this assembly or someone that has experience with litigation. That is why I was chosen. I have experience with both.”

Brad slipped two fingers into a pocket located on her upper torso and pulled out a small business card. “I’m also legally a lawyer”, extended the card out to Faith. Upon the card it mentioned in bold letters on the heading, Solo Consolations. Under that was Brad’s full name saying he was CEO and owner. It also mentioned the type of work Solo Consultations handled, such as criminal law, business law, and investment consultations. “As a Jedi Knight and a Lawyer I’m extremely careful who I personal represent. I have repented a wide verity of good people. ”, the lightsaber on his hip should have been a clue that he was a possible force user…or at least maybe force sensitive? He did not just mention he represented her aunt Rianna though. He just felt like it would not be the right time to mention it. Nor would it be the right time to mention he had fought alongside both her brothers before. Maybe she might have over heard her aunt or bothers mention him before. If not it did not matter for the time.

“I’ve not always been a defensive attorney. One of the more high profile cases I was a prosecuting for the Jedi Order as an attorney in was the trial of the Sith Lord Malice Draclau.”

“I also happened to be a member of the Corellian League. I could go on mentioning my credentials but that would distract us from our work ahead”, not there was anything in his past that would disqualify him in the eyes of his Corellian superiors or the people of Corellia system. The rest would feel more like bragging to Brad. He did not see glory in war. The rest was about his service to Coreilla and the light.

“I asked about the Old Republic. I meant the one before it fell to The Galactic Empire and Palpatine. I asked about this in general as it has been a basses in model for democratic governments for centuries. That and there are legal foundations already in Coresec that I can quickly modify to refashion into new legal documents. Corsec was already interested in The Free Worlds Coalition before our current predicament. This I have full legal standing by Coresec and the Corellian system government to make this happen. That is if The Free Worlds Coalition is the democratic government we believe it to be. Shall we precede your grace?”

Brad did not say anything directly to [member="HK-36"] for the moment. He did not say anything but he was careful not to give any sighs of enmity towards the droid. Brad was trying to keep the peace. He could also see a benefit of keeping the Metal Lords as friends in the near future.

As for [member="Delila Castillon"] – Solo? Well when the right opportune moment he will be sure to give her a dose of witty sarcasm. After all she would most likely feel unloved if he did not?

Faith realized that she was going to have to find someone who could do what [member="HK-36"] said and that was check programming. "Lord Protector if it is as easy as you say I would say yes provided we have both an organic, as you say and one of the Metal Lords to agree to it" She smiled it was really the easiest solution to the question of sentience.

Though at times a bit hard to accept but then look at HK.

She looked over to [member="Brad Solo"] and then took his card. Lawyers, there were a hundred jokes about lawyers.

Q: Who invented copper wire?
A: Two tax attorneys fighting over a penny.

Any how she maintained her smile at Brad while he told her all the reasons he was there. She nodded when needed and understood he was here on behalf of Corellia, their representative.

"Each planet within the Coalition maintains their sovereignty as a Coalition we seek to support each other economically, and militarily. Corellia would receive this same treatment."

Faith looked at HK, "Perhaps this would be a good time Lord Protector to set a treaty between the Metal Lords and The Coalition. Trade agreements, non agressions, and perhaps military support if called. That way we can keep the good people of the galaxy safe."

She turned again to Brad, "What all does Corellia desire ?" She looked back at [member="Delila Castillon"] was she alright she looked flush?

[member="Eriond"]

HK-36

[member="Brad Solo"],

“I’m also legally a lawyer”

"I am illegally a lawyer."

Was the only thing that droid butted in as Brad had his time speaking with [member="Faith Organa"], slightly raising his hand as he said so to steal some of that attention while hearing out what Brad had to say and then looking to Faith when she retorted and nodding in agreement,

"Of course, I could find someone to oversee such inspections, although Alderaan has no reason to betray us, we would trust you to conduct these properly without our involvement. It is literally just reading lines of code for specific sequences and making sure they are there."

The droid shrugged, to him the concept really wasn't that hard to grasp, but then again the droid was born and lived in a world much different than Faith, she didn't really knew what it was like to be a droid, to come into the world knowing everything he would need to know to begin fulfilling his purpose right away. What really changed through his lifetime and experience were not his capabilities or skills as much as what his purpose was, he didn't agree with his original designation as an assassin droid and a Hutt enforcer, so he chose a different purpose for himself.

Lovin' [member="Delila Castillon"], at least whenever he wasn't trying to hunt down literally all Sith in the Galaxy or managing multiple planets. Which was very rare. Speaking of Dells, the droid would look to her just to see if she had anything to add or just in case she was going to go on a rampage or pounce on someone, one could never be too sure with Dells around, the droid knew the moment she walked in that he had to watch his back.

However his attention would be captured by Faith again as she mentioned building a treaty between the two factions,

"I would be open to active alliance between our two powers actually, we are both rather small when compared to others in our proximity, close cooperation and partnership would be beneficial to both of us, especially when it comes to military defenses."

HK nodded,

"I would propose opening borders, letting the trade between us flow, and sharing the duty of patrolling our territories."

"I would propose opening borders, letting the trade between us flow, and sharing the duty of patrolling our territories."

"Well, it seems I arrived in time for the good part."

The boy stepped into a meeting, the midget in a room full of depressingly tall adults. None of whom he recognized. But, that was more or less par for the course in this part of the galaxy. Most of the people Sor-Jan hung out with were fringers on the Outer Rim. Real spacers, like [member="Jorus Merrill"], [member="Bryce Bantam"], or whatever the Hutt [member="Joza Perl"] was supposed to be.

He wondered if he even needed to bother with an introduction. As far as he knew, he was the only Fortune 500 CEO who looked like a grade schooler. The droids he'd encountered had seemingly known who he was, and from that surmised his purpose in being here. So they'd been kind enough to provide him directions here.

"Xantha. Sor-Jan Xantha. Corellia Digital Corporation," the boy noted simply. He paused to look at each person in turn. The tall, dark, and metallic individual was no doubt the representative of the so-called Metal Lords. Dude with the goatee and the five o'clock shadow was trying to look the part, but Sor-Jan pegged him for a Corellian. Coronet City if he had to guess. The brunette with the long hair? She looked like money and smelled like it, too. The reddish-auburn chick? Honestly, he had no read on her.

"We operate the HoloNet and major commuication satellites from here to the Outer Rim. As you can imagine, we're rather interested that these... negotiations... are not going to impact Net Neutrality."

He was likely going to be paying taxes to one or more people in the room regardless of how the conversation went. As an interstellar corporation, he already paid the Galactic Alliance, Silver Jedi, Outer Rim Coalition, and two dozen independent worlds. So he really didn't care on that part.

But he did have a business to run.

And that business was based out of this system. So if any communications committee was about to come down like a karking headsman on HoloNet regulations, he was going to take issue with that.

[member="HK-36"] | [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Brad Solo"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]​

[member="HK-36"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]​

Faith considered HK's offer at this moment she had nothing to lose and only alliances to gain. "I think that is a good idea. I recently purchased some ships that will be assigned to patrol duty I'll be sure to have the Commander work something out with your military."

Then another voice joined in the negotiations Faith looked towards Sor-Jan. Faith if asked would have to admit that she was a bit caught off guard this young man was younger than [member="Makai Dashiell"] who she had purchased the mining equipment from. This young one wanted to be sure of the freedom of the net it seemed. She hoped she had the lingo right.

"I am not here to change anything other than to bring Corellia under the influence of the Coalition. Unless HK intends to make changes that would interfere with the freedom of the net." Faith looked over, was the Lord Protector interested in changing how the network was operated in this part of the galaxy. She had to remember don't treat him like a child...but she did have this urge to pinch his cheeks but she didn't. She sat still.

HK-36

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"], [member="Brad Solo"],

Sor and HK met once before actually, in the orbit of Mandalore shortly after the Cataclysm triggered by Monroe. Although they were both there to help the planet rebuild and recovered from the tragedy, the machine did not act the most graciously towards Sor, basically hanging up on his transmission and assuming that the Silver Jedi were making light of the whole situation by sending a child as commander of their vessels. Perhaps Sor forgot about that, perhaps his earlier behavior could be blamed on simple misunderstanding, either way the boy might be able to recall the earlier interaction and it would seem that nothing changed as HK said,

"Well, little boy, Xantha, Sor-Jan Xantha, of the Corellia Digital Corporation who inexplicable gained access to this meeting,"

Leaning down towards Sor as he addressed their new arrival, moving down to one knee with a bit of a sickly creak of his old metal body and the various chitinous plates that covered it to swoop down to Sor's height,

"You see, Uncle HK uses the HoloNet like Jedi use the Force, so do other Metal Lords. If there was anyone within our space who tried to infringe upon HoloNet Neutrality, and therefore limit what my mind and the minds of the droids I swore to protect have access to, I would be the first one to, and pardon my colorful language, shove my foot so far up their butt I would wear them like a flesh-stocking for a year."

The machine would pause, just looking into Sor's eyes with his cold glowing red photoreceptors before,

"Does that answer your question?"

The droid would ask before standing up and slightly turning, looking back to [member="Faith Organa"],

"The Net will continue to flow free within the Droid Space, as long as I am active I will do everything I can to make certain of that. That said, HoloNet Piracy, burglary slicing, designing and conscientious uploading and spreading of HoloNet-based viruses are very much illegal within our territory, to the point that they are one of the few circumstances we would go out of our way to actively hunt for someone found guilty of such activities."

HK would explain to Faith, following her question. Also Sor may have been happy to learn, whether during these negotiations or later on, that he wouldn't have to pay taxes to the droids for his holdings on Corellia. To bring revenue from the planet Corellia would need to have a Metal Lord governing over it, which the Droids just agreed to not condone. He may have still had to pay taxes to Corellian government itself, or perhaps to the Free Worlds Coalition should the planet join them in the end, but that was out of HK's sphere of influence.

The brunette was entirely too reasonable.

Which was perhaps why the glorified toaster in the room was so apt to act like an arse.

And, no, the boy didn't recall their meeting. There had been no communications between the Silver Jedi ships and the droid, and what communications that Sor-Jan had been aware of had been focused on negotiating with the Mand'alor to allow the evacuation and medical ships to perform their jobs.

As the brunette deferred the question to the droid, the boy was confronted by an all-too-familiar reaction. It happened quite frequently, so it was easy to ignore and instead focus on the gist of what the droid was saying. The dropping to the knee was cute, though. "Then we agree," the child responded smoothly, with a slight nod of his head as he calmly stared into the droid's red photoreceptors.

"In fact, I'd be interested to hear if you think there's more we could be doing to open new information pathways." It was a bit of an olive branch, but it was also springing at where opportunity presented itself. This droid was obviously interested in net access, and the metaphor to likening it to the Force was quite fascinating, really.

With that, the boy peered around the droid's frame to regard the Alderaan woman again. "This influence you wish to extend to Corellia," the boy remarked, harkening back to her earlier statement. "What does the Coalition ask in return?"

[member="Faith Organa"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Brad Solo"] | [member="Delila Castillon"]

What did she want. What did the Coalition want. She smiled she hard-earned with her interaction with Makai that while he didnt mind her speaking to him as if he were one of her children. He hates her doubting his ability.

"[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] we ask that the companies of Corellia work with the other companies of the Coalition. We ask Corellia send a representative to the Assembly to participate in governing the Coalition. And in case of invasion that Corellia help to protect the member worlds. "

He was younger than her children and she has to refrain from pinching his cheeks and offering him a cookie. So she stayed put.

He was so cute!

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"], [member="Faith Organa"],

HK looked over Sor-Jan in silence as he mused over the question the little boy's question about the information networks and how to improve them,

"Well less slicing bugs in the net would definitely help, allowing information to be traded more freely, perhaps more beacons or a series of ships that would act as mobile beacons, that too could improve the data transfers by expanding the infrastructure they are based upon."

The droid explained,

"Other than that I am not sure, perhaps create an alternative to the HoloNet, maybe try to replicate it with a different medium, but I would just propose creating new beacon stations, relays that we could put into Corellia's orbit, making it the heart of the data-exchange within this part of the Galaxy."

HK would add, before looking towards Faith at that, allowing her to finish as she explained before adding to it,

"Whatever happens and whatever Corellia decides it will continue to have support from Metal Lords, as will Alderaan."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom