Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Cobalt Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbd3320a462cda510a129a8b63679c08.jpg
9476168e22169f8798cb559f0a92cc60.jpg

SDlHaEx.jpg

vaiuHyj.gif

XTDsOwq.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: The Cobalt Club
  • Classification: Restaurant & Entertainment Establishment | Secret Sanctum
  • Affiliation: Tahiri Levine [NPC] | Starlin Rand
  • Accessibility: The Cobalt Club is a public location, though its clientele mainly consist of the upper crust of Coruscant. The secret sanctum it harbors beneath it, on the other hand, is accessible only by Starlin Rand and a handful of his closest associates via a genetic code scanner.
  • Description: The Cobalt Club is a duracrete, durasteel, and transparisteel skyscraper with a pristine look, distinct among the sleeker, less discernable buildings of Coruscant's skyline.
POINTS OF INTEREST
The Cobalt Club - An exclusive, upscale establishment located in Coruscant's upper echelons. The club is frequented by the wealthy, who are drawn by the fine dining and musical performances in its lounge every evening.

Starlin's Sanctum - Starlin's hidden base/safehouse is located underneath the Cobalt Club, accessible via a secret passage through an alleyway. It contains various chambers, including a communications room, vault, armory, personal quarters and training areas equipped with standardized training droids.

SECURITY
The Cobalt Club - High
The club features trained employees hired as security guards and bouncers, though their main job is to keep the plebs out. In the event of a more serious threat, security drones and security droids can be deployed to deal with hostiles.

Starlin's Secret Sanctum - Maximum
In the event of an unauthorized security breach, various turrets are stationed in the hallway just past the entrance to the sanctum, descending from the ceiling to rain down stun, blaster, plasma, cryo, flame and sonic fire on the intruder(s). If that doesn't work, synthmarines will deploy from wall panels. And if that doesn't work... well, Starlin will hunt you down and kill you himself.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Cobalt Club was built some fifteen years ago by entertainment mogul Tahiri Levine as an outlet for her art deco fetish. Everything about the place is a love letter to the ritzy glamor of bygone eras, right down to the style of music that is performed live in the lounge - usually jazz or swing.

Then came the day when Tahiri, having been hit rather hard financially following an incident involving a botched rescue from a vengeful Sith Lord, found herself in dire straits. To ensure the future of her so-called "pleasure empire" and to avoid parting with her favorite of all her locales, she allowed her company to be bought out by a mysterious benefactor, no questions asked. Not even when, at the orders of said benefactor, a portion of the Cobalt Club's building was sectioned off and made inaccessible for an unknown purpose...

Last edited:
Under Review Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

This is a straightforward and stylish sub! I'm almost ready to put my stamp on it. Just a couple of quick things.

• You have Taris in the tags of this submission, but it seems to be located on Coruscant. Am I missing something?
  • For the Accessibility section, under Setting Information, I'd like to see a little more about why the sanctum is "accessible only by Starlin Rand and a handful of his closest associates". I see the turrets and guards in the security section, and I see that it has a hidden alley entrance. It'd be great to see more about that entrance. How is it hidden? Is there a biometric scanner under a dumpster, or something similar, so that only Starlin and his trusted few can enter?

I'd also love to see a little more description, to help folks who may end up writing there. What's the club like inside? Small, cozy booths or high ceilings and open dance floors? Dark, smoky, and intimate or bright, clear, and energetic? What is the stage for the musical performances like, and what kind of acts perform there? This is optional, but I think it would really add to the sub.

Please reach out with any questions or concerns!

The Mongrel The Mongrel

Tags have been fixed and I tried to make the Accessibility and Security sections worded more clearly.

As for providing more description of the club interior, I leave that sort of thing up to the writers so they have plenty of freedom to set the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom