Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Clock Ticks On

Decker saw that things got calmed down, and then he took his seat once more. [member="Mercutio"] offered half of the drink, and he shook his head. After that, he doubted he could drink anything for a while from then. He turned to [member="Edward Thane"] as Edward began to speak. Right, terms and stuff for deployment. "Right, employment" he murmured quietly.

@Ra'a'mah

Carefully considering her words to her apprentice, she would come back to him. Looking back at Edward and Decker, she may have wanted to strangle Mercutio, but she displayed a calm face and look.

"It has been a bit of time since I last chatted with Mister Willo, but he has a group of pilots that need a formal home I think. That is where you come in, Mister Thane. I am interested in knowing if you have the capability to assist him and his men."

It would appear he​r full attention was on these two military men, but a part of it was on her apprentice. Enough that she was able to send him a message through the Force.

If you had stuck around instead of taking off, you would have known. You can only place the blame in at your own feet. ​

She had attempted to contact him, but he had ignored those messages early on. This was the first they had seen each other or spoken since she went to visit HK.

[member="Decker Willo"] [member="Edward Thane"] [member="Mercutio"]

"Excuse, perhaps, my prudence, but how exactly am I to assist with this? I possess no hangar or port for them to store their ships, nor the personal assets to provide them with fuel or credits." He tapped twice on the table before taking another drink. "I barely have enough of that myself to keep my ship floating. But I am all to willing to assist, if you have something in mind."

With that he shifted his full attention to [member="Decker Willo"], as if trying to judge his character from mere looks alone.

[member="Mercutio"] | [member=Ra'a'mah]

"Fuel, Credits and a temporary place in a shipyard I can provide. Albeit it may not be with the types you pristine and hot air pressed military people like you are used to dealing with, or would enjoy doing so, but they're solid people. My people. A few underworld contacts from my thieving days."

His eyes never returned to his Mistress, instead they either glanced between [member="Edward Thane"] and [member="Decker Willo"] or remained on bottle of booze he was drinking.

"Buckle up boys, you may end up having to deal with some colorful brutes and godless heathens. Ass-less chaps and crotch-less panties for everyone"

He then downed the rest of the bottle before slamming it down on the table and letting out a disturbingly loud and long belch before standing straight, well a wobbling form of straight, up and turning his back on the other three to gaze out the window.

"That is unless of course the all powerful Ra has a better idea, as I'm sure she does."

Decker did indeed want a safe haven for himself and his squadron. Their safety was his priority one. So when @Ra'a'mah suggested that [member="Edward Thane"] be able to help, he was mildly surprised...then [member="Mercutio"] threw in his own offer. And Decker was unsure on that.

"I think I'd like to hear what Ra has in mind...you do have something in mind, yes?"

Edward dusted off is pristine while uniform, as if it was soiled by the mere presence of @Mercutio. "I have no issue with working with such crowds, as long as they can keep their hands off of our ships. I am no stranger to the ways of the galaxy."

[member="Decker Willo"]

Listening to the exchange between the men, Ra smiled to herself. Pieces were falling into place nicely. When Edward did mentioned he himself did not have a ship that was able to provide what she wanted, Mercutio spoke up. He set his offer on the table which it seemed that Edward didn't really fully approve, he was willing to work with Merc's men. Decker on the other hand didn't want to jump in head first and asked what she had to offer.

Placing a datapad on the table, there was a list of ship she could field and which she actually had custody of. The rise and fall of governments had happened and as some fell, their posessions had become partly hers. What she offered was her share of these spoils.

"I'm going to be honest with you men. I am not a military minded woman. What I need are people capable of providing that. In these days and times, there needs to be some sort of buffer. In arms, armaments and ships. I propose to you Edward that you become my naval commander. Decker you would be in charge of the pilots themselves."

As she spoke, she would ​look at each of them and then lastly to her apprentice.

"And you my dear Mercutio, I would like you to return to my side."

[member="Edward Thane"] [member="Decker Willo"] [member="Mercutio"]

Edward placed his focus upon [member=Ra'a'mah], eyes narrowing upon the offer. "This seems pretty bold to be requesting from someone so low in the ranks of the Iron Empire. I could be completely incompetent beyond the commanding of a single ship."

With folded his arms and a scowl, he took the datapad to scrutinize it.

[member="Decker Willo"] | [member="Mercutio"]

Moved drunkenly over to the alcohol once more before quickly snatching up another bottle and popping the cork, letting it fly right into someone elses drink before raising it in salute to the three at the table before downing half of it in a single go.

"Right, no worries grand mistress Ra. I wouldn't trust me with responsibility either. Now or before. Good call."

He says in response before giving a sideways thumbs up and guzzling the rest of the bottle before suddenly smashing the bottle on the ground and raising another finger, aside from his thumb, to those gathered

"Thats what I have for you lot. All seven of you.."

Then in an attempt to leave with flair and grace he quickly spun around to head for the door but instead introduced his face to the floor as they made an intimate embrace.
The sounds of his light snores making it evident he'd fallen into a drunken coma.

@Decker Willo [member="Edward Thane"]

Decker WIllo nodded with [member="Edward Thane"]. "And I, I lead a squadron. But that's as far as leadership goes. I have someone above me, the captain of my squadron's home ship." He would be better, maybe to talk to about this. Strategy, Decker understood. Leadership, he understood. But the corvette's captain was better at strategy. Better at command. Perhaps it was something that he could pass along. "But perhaps with time, something can happen. Maybe with experience it can work out."

@Mercutio [member="Edward Thane"] @Ra'a'mah

"Everybody deserves a chance to prove themselves, Mr. Thane. I'm offering you that opportunity."

Turning her attention to ​Merc as he spoke, she was going to say something to him. However, his body had something else in mind clearly and he ended up passing out on the floor. Shaking her head, Ra looked at him for a moment before alerting Vincent to come take him away. A room had been arranged for each of them and when he woke up, he would be in bed there.

She listened to what Decker had to say and nodded.

"Agreed, with time a great many things can happen. I see the possibility with you to accomplish them."

[member="Decker Willo"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Edward Thane"]

Mercutio awoke momentarily as Vincent helped him rise to his feet

"Hey, hey hey. Vince. I'm not ugly, right?"

He asked the old man as they stumbled through the door, his voice beginning to fade as they walked further and further away.

"Then how come I'm still a..."

His voice was eventually gone from all those save those with most acute hearing.

@Ra'a'mah @Decker Willo [member="Edward Thane"]

Edward, distracted from looking over the datapad, watched with feigned curiosity the disruptive movements of [member="Mercutio"], shaking his head as he fell to the ground. Turning to [member=Ra'a'mah] he nodded. "Well, this sort of thing isn't something one should just give up. Even with little to no experience, this is an opportunity I suppose. A foolish one but-" He slid the datapad over to [member="Decker Willo"] to inspect.

"I'll accept," Thane responded, narrowing his eyes upon their patron.

Decker Willo didn't really bother too much upon seeing [member="Mercutio"] fall over, nor him waking up. His attention was to @Ra'a'mah. "Consider me in too. My crewmates and squadron have been begging for action after being benched so long. Time we get out there more." And if this was they way to do it, then they would. The way they could help others. Save those in need, it was how he had been trained. And if Ra allowed such, he would go do such. He looked to [member="Edward Thane"], whom he agreed with.

Thankfully the old man was stronger than he looked or Merc was able to move about on his own well enough without much real support from him. Either way, his voice faded with the assurance from Vincent that he wasn't ugly. Once he was gone, Ra turned her attention back to Edward and Decker.

"Thank you both. Please take the time to make yourselves at home here. If you need to bring on more men, do what you need to do."

Giving them both a professional smile, she extended a hand to each of them to shake.

[member="Decker Willo"] [member="Edward Thane"] [member="Mercutio"]

Decker put out his hand back to Ra. And took it, and shook it. An agreement had been made, the discussion settled. From here on out, he would not just be leading Mynock Squadron. But others as well, helping train them. leading operations...he had a lot ahead of him now. A long duty to fulfill. And what better way to repay having been saved from a prison?

@Ra'a'mah @Edward Thane [member="Mercutio"]

The former ensign dusted off his uniform before reaching across the table to shake her hand. "I shall, yes indeed. We are going to need quite a few new naval officers and technicians if you plan on having a standing navy. Do you have the manpower reserves to support such a prospect?"

[member="Decker Willo"] | [member="Riamah"] | [member="Mercutio"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom