Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Clash of Bone and Sinew. (Mandalorian Dominion of Ord Mantell)

Ord_Mantell_TOR_new.png

Ord Mantell, the once beautiful jewel of a world lay hanging upon nothing in the endless sea of stars. The salt water lakes sat no longer as blue as they once were and the once green planes were littered with red and brown scrap yards. The Mandalorian Expansionary Fleet dropped out of hyper space and began it's approach to the world. There were rumors of a former imperial outpost in a live volcano as well as various pirate groups using the world to make assaults on Mandalorian protected worlds and that simply would not do.

The Mandalorian Field Marshal stood on the Flagship of the Expasionary fleet. His eyes were focused and hard. He would have been happy to be home farming and spending time with his family but Mand'alor called for action and Ordo would answer his call.

"Begin approach." Ordo said calmly, "all fighters prepare for launch Troops to the dropships now. Drop pods ready to launch in 15 minutes."

Ordo walked to the tactical display. He would rather be on the ground but when the general puts down his rod to pick up a spear then he loses control. It was time to show that The Mando'ade would not be trifled with and they wpuld not fade into the night.

[member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Briika Tor"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Kable Detta"]

Coming to rest her hands upon each other on a round table with the others high officials of the planet with all their cabinet. There Countess Calum of House Tamero a Goodwill ambassador was listening to all. Not having a heart to get into their political working system on the planet. There on the wall hung a large wood clock with chimes in the inter most part. Approaching the time that in her mind no return, in her eyes knowing what that could mean. Only to know what keep under all her skirts, being no killer but knowing that some of her royal guards would do the killing if would come in harms way. Once again clearing her throat to regain control of the talks in the room.

Gentleman and Ladies you must put a side all this pettie stuff, and thing deeply about your people, to have time suffer and take the brunt of it all.

Taking her time to give each one of them a hard look believe that some of them under stood not all. It seem to some they where money makers to keep them into the clothes and life style that they had came to want. It really was sad but a fact to be under such selfishness to Countess, it wasn't their wants it was the people needs. Being as it may it still didn't work the way they thought it should. Coming once again to wave off another round of bickering. Listen to you, I wish you could see how childish and foolish you all are, you must make this choose. Knowing not so long ago having to make this for herself and the people she had came to love and respect to make it for them then to let it came to be destroy by these barbarians.

img-thing_zps7b3dd22d.jpg

@Gilamar Skirata @Preliat Mantis @Mia Monroe @Captain Larraq @Arrbi Betna @Briika Tor @Kad Tor @Kable Detta [member="Ordo"]

Freynk Porkins

F
[member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Briika Tor"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Kable Detta"] [member="Countess Calum Teramo"]

"Crap!" He said sitting bolt up right at the would be bolo-ball stadium. "Why me?! Tell them there's no one here."

The short man in the old grey suit got up and ran to the office window. There was no doubt. That was an invasion fleet if there ever was one. The former stormtrooper shook his head and walked back inside.

"Someone hide the Gilamar Skirata and Rave Merrill wedding cake toppers!" He shouted "and tell the players to evacuate to the safe houses."

The would be bolo-ball league chairman began making comm calls to have all his people hide and if caught to point the finger at the imperial remnant in the volcano base.

Preliat leaned his head upwards, glancing at each of the individual persons in the drop pod bay. He ran his hand over his helmet, looking at his men. Strong, capable warriors that had earned their stripes in various engagements. He was jumping into a warzone with them, a war-torn and corrupt area that had been that way for thousands upon thousands of years. Preliat did not like the idea of a corrupt government, as he had never known corruption, and when he did - it was dealt with. Swiftly. Brutally.

And that's what Preliat intended to do here - swift and brutal action. He charged his M45 rifle, hearing the hiss of the plasma activating in the heavy rifle. He held it by it's carrying handle, glaring at each of his men behind his helmet. He smiled, for half a second, before it disappeared back into the scowl that he wore constantly, save, when he was with [member="Aditya Amadis"]. He placed his feet on top of a box, and then stood over his men. He was a born savage, a born warrior, and a born leader rolled into one armored package. He swiped his hands across his chest, silencing his men with a horizontal sweep. He used his hands to command his men, to command authority and demand it's attention. More importantly, he earned it. Preliat, like most Mandalorians, was not one for grandiose speeches.

He stared at his men, and made a fist, curling his arm inward, to show his ferocity. His savagery.

"We have come to do one thing, and one thing only."

"KILL!" Echoed his men.

"We do not show mercy."

"KILL!" Again, they replied.

"We came as warriors, we came to show them our strength. I expect to see it all."

"KILL!" They replied, once more.

"My sisters...my brothers...go forth...and conquer."

The war cry could be heard throughout the ship.

[member="Ordo"]

He had never seen anything like this. So many ships, huge ships, each packed with people. There were so many of them. Having lived on Myrkr for his entire life, Tarian was amazed at all of it. His helmet under his arm, the awe on his face apparent, he just watched the people, his people, scurry to their stations. Slowly, it dawned on him that he had a position to get to. Sliding on the helmet, he walked, slowly, to his assigned shuttle. This was going to be fun.

[member="Freynk Porkins"] would have been amused or, perhaps, afraid to know that the cake toppers depicting Rave and Gilamar Skirata were destined for a certain wealthy, amused, and slightly irritated collector. The Lethewalker was one of the ships in the fleet. Rave Merrill was here for...strengthened relationships.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ordo"]'s fleet was backed up by the Azalus-class flak frigate Contruum, and by a flotilla of Haran'uliik light frigates. All fast, all nasty, all carrying a ridiculous amount of fighter-b-gone. On the bridge of the Contruum, Ember squinted at the world.

"The noble Mantellian Savrip is the most Mandalorian of cultures around. They've been adapting to modern weapons lately, apparently. I mean to befriend their tribes."

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
The Republic Senator for Eshan had a long, long history with the Mandalorians - longer than even the Mandos knew. He'd helped the Echani save Ord Mantell from Omni. And he was in love with Manda'alor the Liberator.

So he just happened to be here on a diplomatic mission.

Amid the swarm of ships that disgorged from the belly of the fleet at Ordo's command, Mia sat at the helm of a purudii fighter, her squadron flying in a 'v' formation as the streamed towards the surface of the planet. The first thing on their to do list was to get the trrop transports on the ground, so the streamed ahead of the rest. Her hull glowed red as the hit the atmosphere, sensors blacking out for the few seconds it took to pass through. In that mjoment Mia's heart was in her throat, there was nothing worse than entering atmosphere totally blind when she had a fight on her hands.

They cleared through levelling off and anti aircraft guns began spitting fire at them. The squadron peeled off in pairs, drawing the artilieries fire from the incoming transports. She didn't look to see who was her wing man, she just flew on instinct. New objective:

Eliminate AA guns.

[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]

OBJECTIVE: KILL MANDIE-PANDIES
COMPANY: [member="Jared Ovmar"]

"I just think it's funny, is all."

Pew pew.
Boom.

"Know what I'm sayin' 'ere, Jimbo?"
"No, Sir."

Pew pew pew.
Boom.

"These Mandies-"
"Mandalorians, sir."
"Right, whateva. These Mandos, they train they're whole lives. Masterin' the arts 'a combat. Powerful warriors 'n whatnot, right?"
"Right, sir."

Pew pew pew.
Boom... Boom.

"Oh, double. Nice. Anywho's, they's the most feared combatints' on th' ground. Scary stuff in person, am I right?"
"So I'm told, sir."

Pew pew.
Boom.

"Ain't it just hilarious that all 'at trainin' a' there's ain't worth nothin' when the drop ship they's ridin' gets blown t' smithereens?"

There was a prolonged silence from the ensign Hannibal was talking to, prompting the Fondorian to turn his head away from the controls of the AA gun he was manning and look over, just to make sure Jim was still there. The ensign was shifting on his feet uncomfortably, evidently nervous about the impending Mandalorian assault. Hannibal had been doing this crap for too long to be visibly bothered by it. What did visibly bother Hannibal was that Jim didn't find this tragic irony as funny as he did. A little appreciation would've been in order as well. Once those T-visor'd mooks got on the ground, they were a whole lot harder to kill. Not so much when they were packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes, trying to buzz towards their intended target. Jim here should've been lavishing Hannibal with praise and credits, but instead he just stood around like the nervous idjit he was.

"Man, you gotta relax. Tell ya what, go get me a drink a' somethin'. Oh, an' send Ovmar in 'ere. That otha' damn gun 'a yours is on autopilot, and it ain't hit a damn thing since I turned it on."

Jim shuffled out of the room, thankful to be granted reprieve from the presence of the weird-talking mercenary. Even if it was just to fetch his friend from wherever he was lurking around this Imperial holdout's base.

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
[member="Mia Monroe"]

A tiny signal went off in the modified Republic medical ship that the Bard had flown here. That signal rebounded from the ship to Rel's earbud. In the middle of delicate negotiations, he paused.

"Gentlemen, I've just received word that a Mandalorian peacekeeping force has entered the system to stabilize the situation."

Alongside the cadre of "fighter-b-gone" vessels commanded by [member="Ember Rekali"] were a duo of vessels Confederate in origin. The first was the personal vessel of Isley Verd: a Scion-class Stealth Corvette which had its cloaking device primed and active. The second was an Argente-class Assault Cruiser, borrowed for the offensive and filled to the brim with Mandalorian personnel and dropships. It was almost poetic: in-laws riding together to completely and utterly kark whatever defense was put up by the Mantellians.

"Oya, Ember!" came Isley's voice over the comm, "Let's give 'em hell vod!"

Standing only a few paces away from the Fondorian who was...having way too much fun with his anti-aircraft cannon...was a rather imposing figure. Towering at well over six feet, the Cyborg simply known as "Graves" looked on at the growing fireworks display. Sure, some of the most fiercest warriors in the Galaxy were pouring through the heavens, hellbent on razing all resistance to the ground; but Graves could care less. All that mattered was the paycheck he was promised by the Fondorian, and wracking up any and all bonuses he could. "I'll man the cannon. Just tack on a few extra credits to my paycheck when this is over." he said calmly, regarding his "boss" with a two-fingered salute. Making his way over to the cannon, he promptly got in the "driver's seat" and took aim at his first target.

Pew pew.
Boom.

[member="Hannibal Oryen"].

Freynk Porkins

F
[member="Countess Calum Teramo"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Tarian Keldau"] [member="Rave Merrill"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Freynk ran down the hallway from the office to the "back offices" and skidded to a stop. The doors of wall locker flung open as he hurried to get ready to defend his small business and the small scale smuggling operation he hadn't even started yet.

He quickly pulled of his suit jacket and grabbed the old white stormtrooper armor and began putting it on. He was half way through adjusting the orange and black shoukder pauldron of rank when one of the "coaches" ran in.

"The Mandos are attacking the imp base." He said as he looked at his less than savvy boss.

Freynk looked down at the stromtrooper armor and blinked. Finally after exactly 20 seconds of looking back and forth between his armor and the other man he began scrambling out of the white shell and tossed it back in his locker as if it had the last strand of gulag plague. He snatched up his suit jacket and straightened his tie.

"Kark me." He said as he walked back to his office, "make sure the toppers are stowed in the false wall behind my office. There worth more than I am at this point."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Isley Verd"]

Ember tried and failed to repress a grin as the two Confederate ships formed up with his fighter-b-gone detachment. Groundside, there was a former Imperial detachment in a volcanic caldera. Spaceside, there was a little issue of some pirates.

He made for the pirate base on a nearby asteroid - nearby in astronomical units, anyway.

Neskar A'toll

Hail to the King, baby
APPARANTLY this world used to be lush, green, with the bluest waters a man could see. It was not, now. In fact, it was fairly crap. The smell made Neskar want to puke. Scrap yards, full of scrap presumably, littered the surface of the planet like blisters on a running man. Large, vacuous and generally useless in every single way. Rather like the Imperial Outpost here. The amazing connection made by Neskar made him chuckle slightly, for he was easy to laugh at jokes he made himself. He must've thought himself quite humorous indeed. His armour covered his skin with immaculate precision, not a single thing out of place. He walked alone, towards the active volcano that housed the Imperial Outpost. Mandalorian gunships soared over him, where they met their doom and eventual catastrophic upon the rim of the volcano. Neskar thought that was quite stupid. Idiocy masked by the sheen of bravery was not courageous, merely stupid. So, Neskar was going alone. He was going to climb the volcano, hopefully incognito, he would've liked to not attract attention, and infiltrate the volcano on his own terms. A decent plan, if he had thought it through. He hadn't. Bah, I'll just make it up as I go along. That's much more fitting.

The Imperial fell with blood on his chin. Not just on his chin. His head was sort of covered in the viscous liquid. The beskad went through the neck cleanly. Honing it was useful, he reminded himself, as he flicked the blood from the blade and continued to walk onwards, the mangled and burnt bodies of eight Imperials behind him, presumably dead. He was halfway up the volcano, having destroyed three similar patrols like the one before. He got the jump on them, obviously. Literally as well. Neskar nearly laughed when he saw the lead patrol-man gasp when Neskar's knee broke through his visor, aided by a 50 foot drop from the sky. He was cloaked after all. Or was he? Bah, it made no matter. This discreet thing wasn't exactly working out. Leaving a trail of bodies wouldn't help him. Another trail then. There would be more than one route to the top of the volcano, right? Right? By Manda, he hoped so. At about halfway up, he turned sideways, and zig-zagged another track to the other side of the volcano. Much better, he thought, I'll be far less likely to die this way.

@bloodyeveryone

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Yawning Jared entered the cockpit of their little ship, in it he could see Hannibal shooting at the Mandos with a mental smile that was akin to a little child getting his first Christmas present. Adorable. Then his attention was switched to the other guy, who had already taken his seat.

Well... wasn't that just dandy.

Regardless, there were other ways he could help. Battle Meditation, for example.

“You really should get yourself a girlfriend, Hannibal. You are far too into your guns. Remember Zeltros? That would not have happened, if you had just sticked to your cards.”

A smile showed on face.

“Regardless, seeing as your friend here has graciously taken my seat. I will just try and make it easier for you people to kill dem Mandos.“

He settled down on the ground, leaning on the wall of the ship and started to reach out with his mind. First step would be to try and confuse the Mandalorian Forces on the surface, and the ships. Then... well, he would get to that when that ship appeared.
[member="Samuel Graves"] [member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Peacekeeping force...

That was a much better name, than what Mia had in mind. Eyes flicked over her sensors, three AA guns along the west wall. What was her wing mans name again? "Gold 7, draw their fire."

"Roger that."

He peeled away shifting ahead of her. As he passes in front of the first gun, Mia opened fire from its flank, peeling away as it exploded in a blossom of orange and red. The second gun clocked her and the pair pulled back before coming around again, this time with Mia playing bait. Automated guns were too easy to take out. But on the otherside of the complex, transports were dropping like flies. "Gold 7, pull back, get another wing man."

"Field Marshall, what are you doing?!"

"Shut up and do as I tell you boy, or so help me I will make you bleed when this is over." He peeled away as Mia brought her fighter round aiming directly at the AA guns she pushed the ship to full throttle, secured it into place and ejected at the last second. The ship slammed into the wall, the explosion would momentarily blind the guns, but not destroy them. Her jet pack activated while she was several hundred feet in the air, slowing her descent, though her boots still connected with the roof with an audible thud. She dropped to one knee, hands ran over her kit, running a check list through her mind.

Following the heading made by [member="Ember Rekali"], the Mandalorian acknowledged the presence of a pirate base "nearby" on the surface of an asteroid. At once, Isley gave the order and the starfighter complement housed within the Blue Krait straightway launched, backed by a cadre of gunships from the Argente-class. "Lead the way, vod." said the Mandalorian over the channel, followed by a light chuckle.

[member="Rave Merrill"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom