Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The City is Falling, The City is Falling!!

010a84906942293fab71455b173498d6.jpg

The small ship soared through the clouds, the five passengers patiently waiting as the distant city grew larger.

The plan was simple, but it required some luck. Heath had faith in the Mercenaries he was hiring (Ravenous Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn ), as well as the explosives Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein had provided, and the explosives experience that the Captain ( Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui ) brought with him. It was a good squad, and they believed in what they were doing. Of course, the Mercs were expensive, but The Elysium Empire needed to be known. His speech had played across the fleet, on Bespin, and on several major planets across the galaxy. The promises had been made. There were few believers that he had the resources, the following, or even the guts to do all that he had sworn to do. Today, they were to be silenced.

Today, one promise was to be fulfilled. Bespin would pay for starting the end of The Empire many, many years ago. They would pay for starting the chain of chaos that led the galaxy to the mess it currently is. Cloud City, the most iconic city in this side of the galaxy, would fall from the sky.

The plan was simple, the 5 men would land, and discuss a business deal, asking for a place to stay until the deal was finished. Valhoun would stay and distract the officials with a fake negotiation. While he did that, the other four would work their way to the lower sections, finding the refinery. The Doctor would take some of the volatile Tibanna gas to use for experiments, while the mercs and the captain placed bombs at storage points.

Once set, they would return to the ship with Valhoun, and as they fly away...the City would learn how gravity works.

Step one was about to commence, the city patrols had spotted the ship.

Dr. Veinstein

We Can Put Our Differences Behind Us, For Science
Ravenous Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui

Dr. Andreus Veinstein sat in one of the chairs on the ship, cleaning his equipment. He wore his usual attire, a white labcoat over his white dress shirt, his black pants, his red tie, and black dress shoes. He was here on request of his good friend Heath, and for Andreus' work. The job was simple enough, they were blowing up Cloud City. Two mercs had been hired, and a Captain from their military was also with them. Andreus was here to help get them in, then to steal some Tibanna gas for his science. Tibanna gas was highly volatile, and would make excellent materials to use for his many items he manufactured, or they could even be used in the field of medicine. Whatever the case, this was an excellent chance to get his hands on some of the precious gas. Andreus had also provided the explosives to be used for the job, so he wanted to see how big of an effect they had.

He pulled out a syringe full of a glowing, greenish-brown liquid, and started cleaning the needle. He had many pieces of his equipment with him today, as you never knew what you could need on a job like this. He put the syringe away, and brought out his medical scalpel. It shined in the light of the ship. It was a beautiful thing. It could slice open flesh and muscle with a quick stroke from his hand.

He looked at those in the ship. "Captain, I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm Doctor Andreus Veinstein." He said to Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui , holding out his hand.

Andreus looked at the two mercenaries. "And I don't think that I know who you two fine specimens are." He said to them.

Ravenous

R
Ravenous sat somewhat uncomfortably in his seat his cumbersome armor making it hard for him to adjust to small seating arrangements. Now was his chance to get notoriety to show the galaxy that the only constant in their lives is chaos. They don't need to succeed for the plan to work because, in the end, people won't be afraid that cloud city is attacked, no people will be afraid that some sadistic bastard thought of doing so. It'll stir up questions like: Are we next? Or is the galaxy as safe as we think it is?

Personally Ravenous doesn't care about the motives behind why someone would do this, he only cares that someone wants to. The dark Jedi can still recall the moment he became a Nihilist a true devotee to the concept of destruction...and it scares him. It scares him how quickly people can drastically change themselves and to such a degree. It doesn't inspire discord if one razes the galaxy to the ground chaos only ensues if some can.

"I wouldn't consider myself a fine specimen but whatever floats your boat. My name is Ravenous, good to meet you." Leaning back in his chair Ravenous stroked the hilt of his Lightsaber, untold power emanating from it even while dormant.

Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui | Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein | Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn | Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun

Renn quietly sat there, this was just another job, he already blew up half of the CIS capital before, this shouldn't be nearly as hard. Cloud City was a bit easier to take down for if it had no power, it couldn't float. While the sewers of cities made them impossible to truly destroy. Sitting there he was flipping a throwing knife around his finger, waiting quietly for the mission to truly start.

He was near the heavily armored Mercenary with a lightsaber. All he saw was another one who was trying to make it. "I am Renn." It was a blunt statement but it got to the point. Renn truly didn't care for introductions for he never respected a man until he saw their work. Continuing with his knife he flipped it into his hand sticking it into the arm of the chair leaving it.

Turning to 'Ravenous's' lightsaber, he eyed it wondering which color would come out, shrugging he went back to sitting in a relaxed position. All he wanted to do was get paid. Though he may find destroying the famous Cloud City amusing and it would look well to many employers that he took such a task. Mentally nodding he thought of the journey ahead.

Marimax Mortui Marimax Mortui Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein Ravenous Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun

OOC: Marimax left the faction, haven't heard from them since so I think it's safe to assume he isn't going to post, therefore, I will take the liberty of posting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ship shook, as two blasts hit it. Why were they shooting!? This was a civilian craft! He had half a mind to take evasive maneuvers but that'd risk the whole mission. He had faced unexpected situations before. He needed to stick to the plan until he absolutely couldn't. If the fighters wanted to destroy the ship, they would've taken more shots...

"Warning, this is restricted space. You will continue to the designated course. Do you have a landing permit?"

"Negative, no landing permit. I'm here for a trade. Where should I land this thing?"

"We have sent the coordinates to your ship. Please maintain your current speed. If you show any sign of disobeying, you will be designated a hostile target, understand?"

"Yes sir, coords received, proceeding to land on Platform 3-2-7, out"

That was a scare. Most patrols shoot after they speak, not before. Rather touchy, weren't they?

Heath locked the speed, as the platform became visible. Quite a view, he almost regretted that he'd be responsible for its' destruction. As the ship neared, he slowed down, deployed the landing gear, and began to land, slow and steady. The patrols broke off as the ship touched the ground. Now phase two would commence. He would meet with the administrator, make up some fake deal with a large amount of credits that he didn't have, and request a resting area for the mercs and the Doc.

"Alright, follow my lead, don't say or do anything stupid. I'm confident you all know what to do but just to remind you, I'm going to get you a place to stay. Once there, you'll break out, plant charges, and come back to the ship. Be careful, and remember, I'm paying a hefty sum. Doctor, take what you can, but don't jeopardize the mission."

With that, he nodded to the men, buttoned his garb, and began to walk down the ramp.

Val Khaar

V
Ravenous Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

Val was the "Captain". It was an unofficial title, but he held it because what else would an elite soldier be called? He was The Stormtroopers before The Elysium Empire had em'.

Checking that his 2x SH-9 Slugthrower Pistols were loaded, he holstered them, tossed on his hat, and followed the King down the ramp. He didn't need to acknowledge Heath...he knew he was ready. As for the others...perhaps not.

He hadn't done anything to this scale, but the plan was quite easy: He was to place explosives in the Tibanna gas refinery and return to the ship. Then the city would fall. It was terrorism, but he firmly believed in Heath's Empire. Monarchy, autonomy, freedom, but also order, a strong military, and unity. It was perfectly balanced.

Waiting before taking the last step off the ramp, Val looked over to Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein , the only other member of The Empire on this mission besides the King. "Now you just stay close, alright Doc? If things go bad, I got your back...deal?"

With that, he took the last step, moving to the King's side as the administrator advanced to the party.

Ravenous

R
Other than the two shots that shook the ship and almost jeopardized the mission, Heath's plan seemed to be going off without a hitch with cloud city unsuspecting of any foul activity. The plan was rather simple yet extremely effective. One part of the group destroys the gas refinery while the other destroys the repulsor lift generator. This would leave the city without any way to recover leaving gravity to do the rest of the work. Did he believe in this mission? Did he really believe that could city was deserving of such a horrible fate at his hands? Maybe, maybe not still that wouldn't stop him from completing the mission to the best of his ability.

He may be a Dark Jedi but he's one with grounded morals and firm beliefs, and he believed that the galaxy wasn't as safe a place as people would have you believe...and now. Ravenous pulled his cloak over his head as he readjusted his bone mold mask. The hissing of pressurized air and corroded metal could be heard as the loading ramp lowered allowing peach sunlight to filter in through the ship.

...He was going to rectify that rectify them.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun | Val Khaar | Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn | Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein

Ravenous Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

There were a few nods and some words. Heath wondered why his group was so silent. Were they afraid?

He didn't have time to ponder the silence as a man approached him rather quickly, with two armed guards behind him. Heath extended a hand and opened his mouth just to be cut off by the man.

"Who are you, and what is your intent?"

Heath dropped his hand to his side and responded, politely, "I am a merchant. I am here to purchase some Tibanna gas. I was told to meet a Stephen Groff, but the last I heard, he's running late. I humbly request you give us an area to stay until Groff arrives."

Stephen Groff was a made-up individual. However, the admin wouldn't know that as Heath ordered a slicer in the Empire to set up a trade under the name. If the admin checked, he would see that there is indeed a Stephen Groff enroute from Naboo. Hopefully that'd be enough information, otherwise the mission was already in jeopardy.

Heath awaited the man's response, watching as he frantically looked at scheduled trades, meetings, and such. Finally, the man looked up..obviously irritated, and quickly said
"Very well. Mr. Groff will be here within an hour. Your companions will follow the guards."He motioned to the men behind him. "You will follow me, and fill out some things before Mr. Groff arrives."

The guards approached Heath's party but he didn't have time to watch the interaction as the man, presumably the manager, had already turned toward the entrance. Heath followed the man and hoped for the best. All he needed to do now was keep the man occupied while the mercs, Doc, and captain finished their job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom