Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Chancellor is Not a Bad Man, Ob-

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
HBMEsdQ.png

Coruscant
Galactic City
Senate Building, Senate District

Matters within the galaxy were neither consistent or straightforward. Instead, it often saw good men bloodied on the battlefield, never to return home to their families. The recently formed Galactic Alliance, though shortlived thus far, did not stray from the path of righteousness and justice. Between the resources provided by the High Republic and Core Alliance, the budding galactic superpower continued to grow at a rate to rival the Sith Empire in its fledgling years. This meteoric growth did not happen without the efforts of many, and sacrifices of many more. Very few understood the nature of such a challenge to the degree of one Chancellor Emmen Tagge. Through his wisdom and guidance, the Alliance made leaps and bounds towards a nearly unparalleled growth. Still, things were not easy. Brentaal IV sat in ruins, decimated by the advance forces of Chaos and beyond. The Senate met every day and discussed how to best approach the other Core worlds. So many challenges sat in wait for the Galactic Alliance, and for that reason, Ryv stood in relative silence outside of the Chancellor's office.
While a part of Ryv could still not believe he managed to schedule an appointment with arguably the most powerful man in the Core, the Sword of the Jedi also understood his station provided him a bit of an advantage. Many topics were on the young Jedi's mind, far too many to see attention in one sitting, so he maintained his silence as he focused on the primary purpose of his visit. The full introduction of the Jedi Order into the Alliance. Ryv knew he could not force such things on his own, but it wasn't impossible to gain the recognition of the growing power. In doing so, the Jedi Knight could potentially provide more than just a location to meet up and train. Coruscant, Tython, Caamas, the list of planets capable of supporting the young Order into its adolescent years numbered in the dozens. With the support of the Chancellor, Ryv could introduce his ideas to more than just those closest to him, but also other Jedi he'd fought beside. The Jedi Order was a significant step one, one that Ryv could not deny. It was just time for step two.
When the door finally opened, Ryv turned his attention to Allyson and nodded for her to follow in after him. The SIA agent at his side represented just one facet of Ryv's general workup of this new Order's place within the Core. Loske Matson, Maynard Treicolt, and Allyson Locke all made perfect choices on who could've accompanied him, but with more recent affairs, the Kiffar decided it was best to give his two best friends some space. He needed to sort out his feelings, and the duo deserved to enjoy theirs. Still, as Ryv looked over the familiar office as they strode through the threshold, he could not help the stream of memories flooding through his mind. His first trip into this very chamber happened with Maynard at his side, and Loske waiting patiently for them within. The Sword of the Jedi could remember how nervous the Concordian felt leading up to the encounter. Back then, Ryv had nothing but faith in him. And as time went on, that faith proved correct.
Approaching the esteemed Chancellor, Ryv paused half a dozen feet from the desk and lowered his head in a nod of respect. Nearly a week passed since the award ceremony that saw Ryv, alongside many others, receive the legendary Starbird medallion. While it currently sat within his home, the Kiffar could still feel the weight of his accomplishments hanging from his neck. Pulling his mind back from the daydream like state, he straightened.
"It is an honor to once more be in your presence, Chancellor. As I mentioned in my request, I have brought a companion of mine, Allyson Locke," Ryv motioned over to the Jedi at his side. "She is both a Jedi Master and active agent of the SIA. I felt her presence would prove welcome within this meeting," he took a deep breath to steady his nerves, failing to keep his hands from shaking from both anxiety and nervousness. "I'm sure you're busy, so I guess we should get right to business," the Jedi stated quickly before launching into his introduction. "The Jedi Order has proven itself an ally to the Galactic Alliance before its establishment. We've fought beside the Alliance's forces time and time again, hoping to gain the trust of the Core worlds once more after we failed to hold off the One Sith years ago. I come before you, humbly, to ask you to aid us in continuing to serve this Alliance. Once, our Order acted as peacekeepers throughout the galaxy. I see a future where we can do such a thing again, and like the Jedi Order of old, stand side by side with the people who share our goals. The Galactic Alliance is that, without a doubt. I think, with the Senate's permission, we can do more than work in tandem with the Alliance, but be a part of something much bigger than ourselves."

Coruscant // Galactic City // Senate District
Senate Building //
Chancellor's Suite
Ryv Ryv Allyson Locke Allyson Locke
Br8YpBr.png
<<Chancellor, the Jedi are here to see you now.>>

The sudden voice of his secretary coming from an intercom built into his desk pulls Emmen away from the data he'd been studying. The field reports from the Alliance's personnel who survived the recent excursion into the Netherworld, Master Locke among them, read like a horror novel. They were both captivating and terrifying for the old man. To accept that such places of torment and despair really existed beyond the confines of reality was difficult enough, but his real struggle came when considering what it meant for the Brentaalan who faced an occupation by such forces...

He sighs, doing his best to dismiss the agonizing thoughts.

Closing the files and collecting himself, Emmen places a finger on the intercom's transmitter key to respond,
"Thank you, Jeirna. Please send them in right away."

Just outside of the grand office, an eloquently dressed female Dug glances up from her workstation to call upon the two who were waiting. "Master Jedi, Chancellor Tagge can see you now," she gestures toward the door with one of her feet, prompting the two Senate Guardsmen bordering it to open it for them.

By the time Ryv and Allyson enter the room, Emmen had risen from his seat and taken a position at the side of his desk to greet them more directly. "I am likewise honoured to host a hero of the Alliance and an esteemed Jedi Master in my office," he offers a hand to Allyson as Ryv introduces them, "Master Locke, I'm happy to have the opportunity to thank you in person for your service on Caamas. Were it not for yourself and the other Jedi I'm certain we would not have been successful."

As Ryv begins with his speech, Emmen returns to his seat. He listens intently to the young Knight's words, nodding occasionally in agreement with the sentiments being explored throughout it. The fact that many in the Core were weary of the Jedi Order was an unfortunate truth. There were still those who understood the order's significance and value, but a great number had abandoned their support over their perceived failures against the One Sith and their fragmentation across the galaxy.

Emmen, however, was not among them.

"I have always been an advocate for the necessity of a Jedi Order. In the last few months we have, for better or worse, become increasingly aware of the fact that there are things in this world that we simply cannot comprehend, or feasibly combat, without your talents. This has already been demonstrated numerous times in our infant steps on the galactic stage," his face softens, emphasizing the crows feet at the corners of his eyes, and he lets out a chuckle, "we don't award Golden Starbirds for nothing, afterall."

Clasping his hands together and resting them on the desk surface, he continues, "I see cooperation between this Galactic Alliance and the Jedi Order as not only a logical course of action, but a natural and inevitable outcome. Our predecessors served side-by-side for tens of thousands of years. When I first took office I made it clear that I was personally open to the advice of the Order, but it seldom came. We've been fortunate that there are many among you keen to rally behind our causes despite this. My sentiment remains. I'd be honoured to invite Jedi advisors into my personal retinue; that much is in my direct control. If it's a more official involvement in the Alliance that you're seeking for the Jedi, I would be happy to bring the matter and representatives of your choosing before the Senate, and endorse it personally."

Last edited:
Coruscant City
Senate Building
Ryv Ryv Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge

It wasn’t every day that you met the Chancellor, Allyson knew of him from headlines and his speech during the Awards Ceremony on Coruscant. It had come as a surprise that Ryv had wanted her to join him when meeting with the man. Knowing the Knight, she figured he would have wanted to bring Maynard of all people, but she didn’t question his invitation and accepted it. The Corellian couldn’t help her curiosity; as a Shadow, she was usually working in the background without knowing that she existed. Being brought to the forefront and having her name known felt out of place, but she liked it.

Though, it meant that a lot of her aliases were probably going to be worthless after this. Her face matched to a name would make life a bit harder for her on the undercover front, but there was enough technology that could manipulate her face. Allyson thought about her missions and everything she had been through for the previous Alliance and the Silver Order. She had given up so much for the light side of the Force - for the good guys, yet she never asked for a thank you or to be noticed. Guilt hung on her mind as she remembered those that she had lost and couldn’t save; their names would never be spoken and lost to time because of their position. Her line of work was done in the shadows, and she did the job that no one wanted to do.

Ryv nodded to her, and instantly, her guilt washed away, and a smile spread across her face. There was something about the Kiffar Knight that made everything better, and maybe it was his belief in what they were doing. He was her beacon of hope.

Allyson followed behind Ryv, being only a step behind him as she took in the sights of the senate building. The structure was impressive, and she turned her head, trying to take it all in. Never in her life did she ever expect to be in the building going to meet someone of great importance.

The Corellian stood beside her companion in her Corellian Bloodstripes First Class; it seemed like a great time to show off the military award she was the proudest. Ryv had introduced her as a Jedi Master, a title she was never entirely comfortable with. Allyson didn’t correct him, as she smiled softly and took the offered hand to her, shaking it. Her rank was needed; they were here representing the Jedi, a Lt. Commander was not her title today.

It came as a surprise when Chancellor Tagge thanked her. Allyson did her best to keep composure, but it was the first time anyone had thanked her for her work. Companions and allies did all the time, but to have someone with the status of the man before her - it felt like what she was doing made a difference. The Corellian blushed lightly, not knowing how to react, but her voice was confident as she spoke, “It was an honor to serve Chancellor, thank you.” She stood a step behind Ryv as he gave his speech. His confidence was strong, and she did her best to be the supportive partner he needed.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Unlike the esteemed SIA agent accompanying him, Ryv kept his typical jacket comfortably in place, hugging his form. It wasn't a slight to the Chancellor in any regard; the Jedi Knight just lacked anything formal denoting his station. Becoming the Sword of the Jedi didn't come with a fancy or cool robe. Hell, becoming a Jedi again didn't even come with a neat garb now that he thought about it. Yet, if he'd received anything of the sort, the young Kiffar doubted he'd of abandoned his father's jacket for said clothing. Rather than dwell on the distracting and unnecessary thoughts floating through his mind, Ryv focused in on the Chancellor's words as he spoke them. The Jedi didn't expect the wisened man to turn him or Allyson away, yet, he felt most relieved once the elder showed support for his cause.

"I am glad we've been of use. Times are, uh, trying, I'd say. Sith encroaching on the Core, the Bryn'adul ravaging the Outer Rim, and the sudden appearance this New Imperial Order. All of it just," he paused, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm not sure the Galactic Alliance or the Jedi alone could manage any of these threats. We're lucky they seem deadset on destroying one another for now. It gives us the time we need to build something. Something that'll start right here in this room," Ryv dug a holodevice from his pocket as he spoke, quickly moving to the center of the room. He knelt and set it on the ground, clicking away at a small keypad lining the side of the device. "I spent the last few days programming this to display a modified variation of the galactic map. Specifically, areas I think could benefit the Alliance and Jedi Order in turn."

Once Ryv finished fiddling with the small device, he activated it and stepped away. The device slid open to reveal a little blue light flickering to life. As promised, a holographic projection of the galaxy materialized before the trio. It didn't appear to contain all the intricate details, though, it did showcase the various planets within the Core, hyperlanes snaking through Alliance territory, and borders where regions end and new ones begin. Curiously, two worlds shifted from the typical blue of a projection and took on a reddish glow. Ryv moved towards the first.

"Alright, so, this is Metellos. To give the quickest rundown I can manage, let's just say it is super overpopulated. To compensate, they've crafted hundreds of floating cities meant to keep the rich in much better-living conditions. It's kinda messed up, gotta be honest, but that's something I think the Galactic Alliance can work with. Metellos has always exported modern, and even slightly advanced tech, on top of being one of the largest energy producers in the galaxy. Considering the state of galactic politics, any advantage we can provide to our allies and ourselves seems too good to pass up. The population at one point numbered somewhere around 900,000,000,000 before the One Sith occupation of the Core. While bunches of their cities were grounded, flattening other parts of the world, and billions died, the planet has slowly begun clawing its way back up. If we put ourselves forward to support them in these efforts, we'll be changing the lives of billions upon billions of people, Chancellor. If we can undo what the One Sith did, it'll send a message to the galaxy," Ryv looked to the Chancellor, grinning from ear to ear.

"No matter how bad it gets, never give up hope," Ryv looked back to the star map, carefully reaching out to cup the small planet within his hands. "The people have the power to make the difference. We just gotta help em remember what they are capable of," his hands soon dropped back to his jacket pockets. He dug out another object, this one a small kyber crystal. "This right here is another reason we should move to bring Metellos into the Alliance. It is the only known planet a Jedi pilot can make an uninterrupted jump through hyperspace to Ilum," the Jedi Knight looked to Allyson, gauging her reaction to the revelation. Digging through Peace for months on end provided him a rather broad base of knowledge to ancient Jedi lore. This little tidbit? It just happened to be the tip of the iceberg.

Senate Building //
Chancellor's Suite
Br8YpBr.png
Times were certainly changing, that much was true. The rebellion waging in the north brought some hope that the Sith Empire could be defeated, but Emmen was not yet convinced the New Imperial Order wouldn't simply take its place as a galactic villain. With everything that had happened in just the short period he'd been in office between the Core & Galactic Alliances, he'd seen enough to know that the Knight was correct. Their Jedi allies had been vital in their engagements with the Bryn'adul and forces of Chaos. Had they not worked together to overcome such issues, both would have certainly failed.

"Yes, it is important that we work together," he nods sagely, "in just a short time we've managed to bring many new worlds under the starbird banner. We must be prepared for anything when this Sith-Imperial Civil War comes to an end. Not to mention that I expect further requests for aid from Concordia to help battle those damned ravaging beasts."

He sighs and scratches at his beard, "Our science teams are also examining the fragment of the Mortis Dagger that was recovered. The Ministry of Defense hopes to retake the Brentaal system as soon as possible. I... can't even imagine the devastation that we will find when we get there."

Emmen's eyes lock on to Metellos as when it's named by Ryv. He was familiar with the ecumenopolis; the Coruscant that wasn't, they'd sometimes called it. Now even more than before. His lips tighten as he remembers the news reports he'd seen on Tepasi during the One Sith's reign. So many lives had been lost.

"It would be a massive project to rebuild, but I'm sure we could rally some support so long as we do not forget about the care our other members still need," he lowers his hand from his beard and stands, grabbing his walking stick to slowly navigate around his desk to get a better view "in size we are much smaller than our neighbours, but our civilian populations far exceed some of the largest governments in the galaxy. On top of that, many of our systems have seen great destruction. This makes things uniquely complicated for us." He looks between Ryv and Allyson with a nod and quick smirk, "Restoring Metellos will be no easy task, but I do think it's worth it."

Then, the Jedi reached the topic of Ilum. Surprisingly, the Chancellor was vaguely familiar with the sacred planet through his studies of history. He taps a finger on the golden knob handle of his cane, mulling over the details of it all one final time. "Master Jedi; for all you and your companions have done for our people, I would be pleased to help you restore a convenient connection to this place of significance."

The conversation seemed to be going in the right direction. Ryv was the perfect man to do the talking with the senate. His skill with diplomacy was beyond his years, and she wondered where he had learned how to talk to the Senators. A hand rested against he chin as she listened to both men, things seemed to be moving towards their goal. As Ryv mentioned Metellos, Allyson raised an eyebrow. She had heard of the planet, also had been there a few times - mostly passing through the connecting pathway that Ryv had mentioned. The path hadn't been used by many nowadays, and Allyson wondered if Ryv's knowledge came along with experience.

Allyson was thoroughly impressed with his knowledge of Metellos. He had done his homework, which she didn't expect any less from him. She did her best not to look too surprised at his knowledge. Ryv would quickly pick up on her surprise and how much she was impressed by his knowledge. Allyson smirked under her hand; here she thought she was one of the only few that knew the path through Metellos in this day and age.

She spoke softly, "I agree on the restoration of Metellos would provide a unique pathway for the Jedi and the Alliance, but it also opens up more trade routes for Coruscant." She remembered the occupation of the One Sith and the devastation that occurred during that time. Allyson didn't expect to say much in this meeting, and she came for support as a Jedi Master. The Alliance was studying the Mortis dagger, Allyson wanted to know more about it and the importance of it especially its ties with the Breental System.

Ryv Ryv Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv listened as the Chancellor spoke, the Kiffar's thoughts racing a million lightyears a minute. There were so many wrongs to right. The entirety of the Core hadn't seen stability since the Jedi Knight wandered the streets of Coruscant beside his father. Ryv remembered all the good men and women he met out in the field, delivering supplies, medical aid, and even helping break apart simple disputes between shopkeepers or wandering pedestrians. Every day he considered going back home to the little apartment he once inhabited. How many of his neighbors survived the One Sith's cruel occupation? How many managed to push through that hell only to wind up under the boot of an Imperial Warlord plundering the Core? The thought alone sent a shiver down the Jedi Knight's spine. Neither the time or the place.

"I'm happy to hear the Alliance is willing to take on such a task. Your wisdom in ensuring the people of Metellos see aid, while still taking into consideration the rest of our people is a welcomed thing, Chancellor. So many people, myself included, put their nose to the grindstone and focus on whatever sits in front of them. You're foresight rivals that of any Jedi Master I've met," Ryv looked back at Allyson, nodding along with her. "The mutual benefits are just worth it, I'd say," he mused out loud, probably more to himself than either of the other two. Whatever passions the young Jedi held for his work bled through at that moment. "Alright, Metellos and hidden hyperspace lane are checked off, awesome. Gotta tackle a couple more things, I think," still talking to himself, the Jedi Knight moved towards the other red orb floating through the projected version of space.

"I also want to talk about Ragoon VI. Its another planet ravaged by the One Sith, specifically because of us Jedi," Ryv reached out and took hold of the planet as he did the other, he flexed his fingers and expanded the small sphere to better detail its surface. Multiple locations across the hologram appeared in disarray, ruined, or outright destroyed. "I don't want you guys to like, spread yourselves too thin on foreign aid. The Ragoons weren't the most welcoming of people to the former peoples of the Core, but they were always kind to Jedi. An ancestor of mine, a Jedi named Quinlan Vos, had trained on the planet beneath his master. I feel a sense of responsibility to em," the Kiffar crossed his arms over his chest, tapping at his jaw with his offhand. "I think they'd make a great addition to the Galactic Alliance, but I feel like the Jedi would need to take the lead on this one. What the One Sith did to them just vindicates their isolationist beliefs. I propose a relief effort handled by the Jedi Order, and an Alliance Senator could be the best first step. I dunno how all this goes down in the Senate if I'm honest. Politics weren't my favorite subject. I just know there is a vote, some debating, and typically follow up."

Matters of the Senate rarely went well for the Jedi. The code prohibited such positions for those dedicated to the Jedi way of life. Such measures were put in place to ensure their power was not misused, or so Ryv thought. Still, he knew the Jedi needed a voice within the Senate, one that could speak in their defense for the more impartial Chancellor. And in the same vein, the Senate, as much as they'd try and deny it, needed the guidance of the Jedi Order. The two went hand in hand, like credits and sabacc.

"I think uh," Ryv rubbed at his face, unsure of how to word his quiet considerations without coming off as some sorta whacko. "I would like the Jedi to have a representative with the Senate. Not like someone with power or anything. Just someone who could represent us, while ensuring we are aware of matters within the Alliance," he slipped another small holodevice from his jacket pocket before activating it. "This is Auteme. She's a Padawan, but she's a genius as far as I can tell. She has a desire to make a real difference in the galaxy. I believe this is the best place for her. Safe from the dangers of war, while still on the front line, fighting for what matters most."

Senate Building //
Chancellor's Suite
Br8YpBr.png
"It is a mutual risk, Ryv," Emmen corrects, "we don't need to speak of it as the Alliance doing this and the Jedi Order doing that -- we are doing this together. The Galaxy has ingrained this division in us through years of hardship, but with effort I believe that we can have this mindset end with us. I know that you would not come to me and ask for the help without just cause. I will take a page from your teachings and have faith in that belief of mine. If these worlds are within our reach and need our help, we will do what we can to give it to them."

He turns his head to Allyson, nodding as he runs his fingers through the gray hair of his chin. "Yes, very true. It's important that we secure the routes around our capital as soon as possible. With everything happen right now, we'll need the economic boost. We must break the Core's current recession as swiftly as possible."

For the sake of their conversation, the young Sword's synopsis of the Senate was a good enough understanding of how things worked. When Ryv activates the second projector, Emmen's attention shifts to the portrait image of the young padawan we spoke of; Auteme Auteme . "It's clear you hold her in high regard," he notes with a smile, glancing to the Jedi's listed age "but I'm afraid even I'd be hesitant to bring a 16-year-old padawan before the Senate to represent your Order, however talented she may be. However, I agree that this matter should be discussed and that our future must be better defined. I'd gladly welcome a Master of the Order into the Grand Convocation Chamber to represent your interests and help define your identity within our territories."

He pauses and purses his lips for a moment in thought, clearly coming to another, perhaps unexpected, conclusion. "And this Padawan -- Auteme -- if you'd bring her by the Office another time, I'd happily meet with her on your recommendation. I'm sure I can make some room among my staff to take on an intern Senate Scribe. If she's any as you describe, I'm sure her future will be bright on Coruscant."

Last edited:
JUaDCut.png

//: Galactic City //:
//: Tags //: Ryv Ryv Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge

Ryv having Quinlan Vos in his bloodline, came as a bigger surprise to the Corellian than his knowledge about Metellos and Ilum. She would have never expected it knowing what she knew about the Jedi Master of the past. Ryv was an impressive Jedi and destined for great things, his charisma was intoxicating, but finding his lineage - Allyson shouldn't have been so surprised. Apples don't fall too far from the tree when it comes to the Jedi and sadly for the Sith.

Allyson had more to say on the matter of the pathway through Metellos, but the Jedi Knight at her side had the floor. Taking the supportive role, she remained quiet and contemplated his knowledge of the One Sith War. Having fought in the One Sith war, Allyson saw firsthand the devastation the Sith had laid upon the planets they had conquered. Their tactics made the First Order and the current Sith Empire seem tame. A chill worked upon her spine as she remembered seeing the wounds upon Ragoon VI and so many others.

While the two men discussed a padawan by the name of Auteme Auteme , Allyson focused on her knowledge of the trade routes that lead through the inner rim and into the mid rim. One particular one as on the same path, it included several of the planets already that seemed to be on the table. When there was an opening in the conversation, Allyson spoke up.

"I believe the same about Ragoon VI as Knight Karis does." The Corellian paused and then continued, "As well as Ragoon VI, I think it would be wise to venture towards Borleias. From my investigations on the planet a Mandalorian Clan, Australis had set up shop there - his work devastated the ecosystem and the locals there." Allyson remembered the Mandalorian Clan, the man who seemed chaotic and bent on destroying the Silver Jedi when she was under their charge. "Liberating Borleias, we could continue through to Bilbringi, up to Namadii, which would secure the Namadii Corridor. It would allow quick travel through to Bilbringi."

Allyson valued the hyperlane route that would bring ease for fleets to travel to the mid rim, and she had a personal stake in Borleias. Someone she cared deeply for in her past had resided there, and Allyson had spent the first part of her adult life exploring the world with this woman. The last thing she could do for the memory of someone she cared so deeply for was to liberate the planet. The Corellian continued, "With the Zweihander Union residing in the Unknown Region, if we brought in as many planets as we could, it only strengthens our front and helps protect the citizens of the Alliance. The One Sith destroyed that region of the galaxy, and we have to help liberate and protect these worlds."

She finished, surprised that she spoke so long with the Chancellor. Initially, she had come as support for the Jedi Knight, but she felt necessary to share any knowledge of the previous war.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom