Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Calm Before (Open to All Factions, Part 2 of Corellian Campaign)

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
e9e441e5392312b850047a86d04c9c09.jpg
-- Four months after the Liberation of Corellia, and Defeat of Admiral Koth--

Alexandra smiled as she sat on a crate and ate from the nutrition bar she had pulled from the meal that the soldiers were getting here. The woman was not in her normal clothing, far from it as she looked down at the faded marine fatigues she had gotten for the operation and the helmet by her side. She had come as a soldier under the naval command here, signed on for the mission under an old friend in charge of naval operations and currently preparing his ships for the strike on Imperial held Bilbringi.

Alexandra in the meantime, was there to help organize the supplies as they came in and ensure the navy received its equal portion. After all, she held some sway in terms of negotiations over supplies that almost made her smile as she knew the General on site.

But that was not the only thing that needed to be organized as covert messages were delivered to the likes of the Silver Jedi and their forces, the Outer Rim, and other small groups throughout the galaxy who stood against imperial tyrants. That was why everyone gathered together at this outpost turned FOB. After the battle with some pirates in the skies above Wakeelmui, the Republic was preparing to strike out and against the ones who were the closest threat to the Republic and its people. And only recently had the small nation finally taken a truly offensive stance, only protecting worlds thus far instead of striking out and taking down active threats.

It was a change in doctrine unfamiliar for many, but for those who came as Allies, for any Mandalorians hired back on to do a job, or for those who came to simply volunteer and fight those who were responsible for Corellia's most recent devastation, they would require all the forces they could muster.

Especially when the Imperials knew they were coming.

It was no accident the call for supporters was far more direct this time, rather than a passive search for aid last time. The Republic was no great military power and the Imperials still had forces that ranged beyond the governments capabilities without shedding a great deal of blood. And that fact was not lost on the Republic leadership when they reached out for the help of others, when they sought the tactical and analytic minds of the Galaxy.

Perhaps someone could find a better way to achieve their goals, or a better target to focus the soldiers and their efforts.

The thought made the red haired woman lean forward, grabbing her helmet and holding it up with one hand to look at it. She wondered who would step off their ships, who would come to land in the vast clearings made for ships, who's fleets would appear over the planet to join the Republic navy. Would there be armored divisions, filled with great towers of metal and cables, walkers of immense power. Or would there be the small smuggler, the man or woman that achieved great things through luck or through the grace of the Force? Perhaps neither, perhaps just an idealistic young soldier, seeking honor in battle and uncertain as to the hell that Anaxes and its fortress may paint the young individual's world.

Or would they be something more, a Jedi or even those of darker persuasions. Trying to make this galaxy better and to wipe out all systems that would simply use and control people to line their pockets with wealth.

Such a variety of people the Republic had sought the help of, and how many of them would come to answer the call, how many would find this moment to pay their way to making the Galaxy better. Would they stand with the Republic, or leave the fight to others?

She grinned and smiled.

"Why don't we see ehh?" Her voice aimed at no one as she looked towards a lone YT-1300 freighter heading for the closest clearing to her, and forcing her up and off the crate, finishing the bar and grabbing her datapad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
For those who are curious, this thread is a preparation thread for the Republic side of the coming conflict for our faction. Like in the Month of November, the Republic is going to be offering a board wide collection of threads for people to fight an Imperial Warlord enemy that we had created to attack the worlds of Dorsis and Corellia, which the Republic and Volunteers had challenged and removed from those worlds.
Starting February, this collection of threads will either all begin at once or be sent out in a sequential manner. Two of the threads will be Dominions, those being the assaults on Anaxes and Bilbringi and I fully understand apprehensions about joining these threads, which is why in addition to that, there will be a third thread to act as the culmination of the Campaign into a climatic battle. This battle will occur as the third thread in the series and I hope that people will look forward to that one if they do not want to join in one of the other two because they are dominions.
Anyways, that is all to tell the truth. This thread, as said before, is a preparation thread and will be used as a way for people to link up in character so that they are ready to go as a team for the Ground Battle on Anaxes, the fleet action at Bilbringi, or the final battle with the Warlord.
(Who's location will be revealed later in the OOC for the Campaign, which will be posted after this thread.)

f1ba03cc7c00a4262ec1b1a6e7a66674.jpg

Dorrian Korr would land after being granted clearence and he had his blaster and slug thrower in both holsters. He was wearing his Soteria Armor that Locke and Key Mechanics made for him and he looked around and with his distorted voice in his helmet spoke "So this is Firebase Gladius....him not bad. So where the hell do I go...." I say to myself looking around through the visor in my helmet. I start walking aimlessly until I spot a woman near a crate with a data pad and I walk over to her again speaking with my distorted voice through my mask "I take it your the contact I am suppost to meet here correct?"

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Alexandra Feanor"] - [member="Dorrian Korr"]

New Republic Army Staging Round-Special Forces Rec Area​
Noah grunted as he finished another rep on the weighlifting bench. Sitting up on the bench he grabbed a towel nearby and swiped it over his face to clean the sweat away from it. As he was about to sit back down and do another set he spotted a lieutenant approaching him. He recognized her on the spot, Captain Natalie Romanov a blond human woman who stood at about Noah's chest level. Captain Romanov was Noah's G-2, his personal intelligence liaison. Stopping just short of him she came to attention and saluted. "General Corek! Sir!" Noah chuckled at this and took a swig from a nearby water bottle.

"What did I tell you about saluting me Captain?" Noah inquired of the captain, gaining one of the most self-satisfied poodoo-eating grins for the woman. "You told me not to do it because we're special forces and saluting in or near a warzone isn't smart. But I might add General that we are not in a warzone." Noah rolled his eyes at the woman. He had chosen Captain Romanov for many reasons. One was that she had spent two years as a platoon leader in the Army Rangers, another was she was one of the most gifted Army Intelligence Service officers he had met and finally she was also the only person to put up with his bullpoodoo, well besides a certain Naval Intelligence Service officer.

"Fair enough. Report." Before he even had the chance to finish she had fished out a datapad and began scrolling through. "All SF unit commanders are reporting that their units are in top shape and are fully supplied and equipped. The standard unit commanders are reporting are in top shape as well but they are only seventy-five percent supplied and equipped. We are waiting on the last couple of freighters to bring the supplies and gear for those units." Looking up from her datapad she grinned. "NIS officer Feanor is also now on site and appearntly is heading the naval acquisitions." The captain took note of the almost automatic straightening of her CO's back.

At was at this moment that a YT-1300 soared over head and made towards one of the various landing zones. Standing up Noah picked up his fatigue jacket and threw it on, making sure to roll up the sleeves for that special forces look. Making sure his army camo pattern fatigues were straight he reached down to the side of the bench he picked up his sidearm secured in its holster and slid it onto his hip, making sure to check that there was a round in the chamber.

"Alright I'll go meet our esteemed guest and make sure everything is in order. Continue on Captain." Noah made haste towards the landing site, not to meet the pilot but to meet the other person that would be there. It took him a few minutes as he walked past various units training and preparing. Army Rangers rappelling from prefab towers, Marine Advanced Reconnaissance practicing martial arts, Army Commandos going through prefabricated killhouses and Marine Raiders sharpening their long range marksmanship. In all the special forces of the New Republic were gearing up for war.

Finally arriving at the landing zone Noah smiled when he caught sight of HER. Dressed in Marine fatigues with her hair pulled back. "Figures she'd be the one to actually make me dislike the Marine's uniforms less." He muttered to himself as he made his final approach. "Ah Officer Feanor, funny meeting you here." He addressed Alex with a grin before turning toward their guest. "You must be the pilot we hired. General Corek, I'm the ranking Army officer here." With his introduction given Noah stuck out his hand for the man to shake and if he didn't? Oh well.

[member="Noah Corek"]
(sorry it's bare.....all I could think of.)

Dorrian grabbed the soldiers hand firmly and greets him with his voice distorted. (Think Jigsaw if you need an example look at my first post, I have a link in the post.) "Dorrian Korr proud captain of the Hyperion, I've never really interacted with many military types before it's mostly been jedi and Wookiees to be quite honest." I say looking at the man through the visor of my helmet

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra listened to the man, taking the notes down and thinking about all of this carefully. He was certainly not some member of the Republic, the ship not in their databases and that made it likely the man was more commonly affiliated with another government. The thought made her straighten up a bit more, putting on a strong show for the Republic as she nodded to the man when he asked his question. Today seemed to be going well so Alexandra was able to relax.

"A pleasure to meet you Mister Korr, I had not expected help from outside the Republic but I am grateful. If you don't mind, we have a few questions for you that I need to cove-" She paused hearing someone approach and glancing over her shoulder.

There was Noah Corek who made Alexandra's brow raise as he appeared and she stopped speaking, allowing for the other man to arrive and greet the Captain of the ship. He was interesting and when the Jedi or Wookies were mentioned, Alexandra smiled a bit at her less formal designation. She herself was considered the Republic's Jedi Historian and Librarian, making it quite amusing as he was talking to a Jedi now.

But she let the two talk while taking down information about the craft and looking it over for markings and such so that she can get an accurate record for the files. She wondered though if this man was as good as he said. The name of the ship was something she made certain to record as while several ships had that name, it was useful information for tracking down the ship's history and ensuring they weren't being duped. It was part of her role in Naval Intel, and why she had been placed on what was an otherwise mundane post. The last thing they needed was Imp spies coming in and seeing the Republic's preparations without bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom