Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The burden of politics [GR dominion for Tholatin]

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
Objective: Debate
Allies: The Republic.

"Military coop? No, that's not on the table as of yet. Look at this as an executive action that overrides the senate for doing the right thing. So, unless you want me to burn your homes, businesses, and whatever valuables you posses to the fething ground. Because believe me, I've done worse. We are helping these people, so with that being said." Patricia pressed a button on her data logger and commenced with communicating with the local nearby garrison.

"Bankshot, could you please send a legion over to the senate building. I have a few Senators that need convincing to do the right thing." Patricia said with a calm and professional voice.

"Right away mom." The clone said back to Patricia with a salute, then Patricia looked back at the two senators.

"Tick'tock senators, if you value your jobs and lives I honestly suggest you just let this slide. Now I'm not a power hungry person, I don't want to rule the republic, and I certainly do not enjoy stepping over civil liberties. But in this case where people are starving to death, I think I can make some exceptions. So I think there's going to be about maybe two minutes until troops arrive to compel you to push this act through, so what's it going to be? Are we on the same page or am I going to have to have you bitches dragged out of here by your weaves and beaten in the streets? Or hey, the doors over there. I'd hurry if I were you." Patricia said as she held up her watch and set it to a hundred and twenty seconds.

Patricia then just sat back and waited for the shit show to start.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: A

She clenched her jaw and narrowed her eyes slightly. Who did [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] think she was? And what made her think that she could threaten and strong arm the Senate like this? Kay had no home or ship or family that could be destroyed. Her only valuables were carried with her and they held no monetary value, just sentimental. But she couldn't say the same about the others.

Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly before standing straight and turning on her mic. She kept her voice calm as she spoke, her eyes on Senator Garter. She had been captured and tortured before, so she was not afraid of what the clones could do.

"Senator Garter, only the Prime Minister can make executive orders. Not you or I, or anyone else. There are agents and security already guarding this building and I am certain that they would not allow your legion to get in here so easily given that you are threatening to cause us harm. I am unaware if you were listening just moments ago, but I voted to approve the aid of Tholatin, remember? I am not standing in the way and you are only further delaying the vote with these tactics of yours." She tilted her head to the side a bit as she though out loud. "What is your end game here? Besides seeing to the needs of Tholatin and other planets like it, what is it that you are truly after? And what do the Jedi have to do with it, since that is what you seem to be so eager to talk about?"

[member="Darion Blackstaff"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"]

Objective: D

The refugees stood in line orderly as Sofia and the rest of her squad handed out care packages with their sergant observing them from afar. The existance of refugees broke her heart. Many of these people had only the clothes on their back and the few items they could pack during their escape from danger. To Sofia's surprise the refugees gave away what they did not need to others rather than trading. What they had, they shared. Perhaps it was because their understanding of each other's pain, and formed through shared loss. Sofie tried hard to not allow the tears that were forming fall on her face. If she did, she knew would be heckled by both her squad mates and her sergent.

'it's not fair that some people have to suffer like this,' she thought desperatly trying not to blink which would undoubtly result in a tear falling onto her face. With a forced smile, she continued handing out the care packages to those in line. After a minute of this, it became hard for her to hold her eyelids open and she blinked. Tears slowly trailed down her face as she handed the care package to the next person in line.

"Grow up!" her sergent yelled at her when he saw the tears run down her face.

"Such a woman," one called before bursting into laughter with the others.

Sofia could feel her face flush red. 'Dickbags' she thought to herself as she continued handing out the care packages, ignoring the insults.

Objective: D

The refugees stood in line orderly as Sofia and the rest of her squad handed out care packages with their sergant observing them from afar. The existance of refugees broke her heart. Many of these people had only the clothes on their back and the few items they could pack during their escape from danger. To Sofia's surprise the refugees gave away what they did not need to others rather than trading. What they had, they shared. Perhaps it was because their understanding of each other's pain, and formed through shared loss. Sofie tried hard to not allow the tears that were forming fall on her face. If she did, she knew would be heckled by both her squad mates and her sergent.

'it's not fair that some people have to suffer like this,' she thought desperatly trying not to blink which would undoubtly result in a tear falling onto her face. With a forced smile, she continued handing out the care packages to those in line. After a minute of this, it became hard for her to hold her eyelids open and she blinked. Tears slowly trailed down her face as she handed the care package to the next person in line.

"Grow up!" her sergent yelled at her when he saw the tears run down her face.

"Such a woman," one called before bursting into laughter with the others.

Sofia could feel her face flush red. 'Dickbags' she thought to herself as she continued handing out the care packages, ignoring the insults.

Objective: Instate order

The truth was that Geneviève was getting tired of the children. The weight of the Republic often seemed to rest on her shoulders with the lazy senators quite inactive and revealing their uselessness throughout this slogging war. Only Faith had truly remained... faithful, for lack of a more appropriate term. Senator Kay was also at least consistent, but the rest were on the outs or part of the next generation, a few of which were quite present and quite vocal as well. So, despite flaring tempers and flying, backhanded insults, the Prime Minister was simply content to hear someone speaking on important issues for once. But that all ended when talks of military action against the Senate itself brought their way to the floor, and the sounds of plasticene boots could practically be heard inside this political arena.

The PM immediately rose to full height, face in an unseen state of confusion and utterly indignant at the threats being made against the Republic. No, the Republic was not an outright democracy--thank the Force--as many mistakenly would believe. But neither was the voice of the Senate obsolete. Not yet, anyway. Lasedri's eyes shot needles in the rash blonde's direction and her finger twitched and she eased her hand towards the single-most important comm device in the galaxy. "Patricia!" she yelled, furious at the sloppiness of such a person she more-or-less trusted. Not to mention the fact that everyone seemed to assume she was a senator when she was, in fact, simply a consultant with some highly controversial control over things--as showcased in this rash and boisterous event. "Back your hounds the hell down and have yourself removed from these chambers!" Your lack of prudence is going to doom you.

"The frak do you have executive authority in this Republic." Every gun in the hands of every security officer in the hall was suddenly focused on the petite businesswoman. This sort of action was beyond traitorous. It was practically heretical. Only Ministers could perform any sort of executive decisions. Patricia was not even a recognized political ambassador. And she had just made a horrible play call. "Call them off, Patricia. Not that there is much to save you now."

Stupid, stupid...

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Ashler de Dedhart"], [member="Faith Balor-Organa"], [member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
Objective: Debate their faces off
Allies: The Republic.

"Gen." Patricia said with a smile and wave towards the prime minister.

"Now normally I'd comply Gen, but I've got ten thousand reasons on why I'm not about to do that." Patricia then reached under her chair and activated an Ion class shield generator.

The shield snapped to life and formed around her as the windows of the senate building shattered open and clone troopers repelled down from ropes, or flew down with jetpacks. Outside on the front lawn of the senate firefights were already being engaged as clone forces began to decimate a vastly outnumbered senate guard.

Bullets and blaster fire flew as snipers picked off senate guards that dared point a weapon at Patricia and she simply sat back in her chair showing the might that she wielded. The republic military was damaged, broken, and shattered and there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell they could actually do something to stop the woman.

"This could of all been so much easier than this Gen, but you had to stand in the way. I think if you value everything you've worked for you'll sit the hell down and let me do my job." Patricia said as a squad of clone troopers flew down to stand beside her in her booth.

"I told you, I'm not looking to control the republic, I'm not looking to destroy freedom, but in times of crisis we've lost enough people to the babbling mouths of Senators. But you would know that, and you would know about the millions we've lost to the Sith from this war, I've buried my friends from it." Patricia said with a pause.

"But I'm willing to bury one more." She said as a clone from her podium raised a sniper at Genevieve.

But there was something else, a brief nod of her head to Gen. It showed her deadly intention towards the woman, or did it? Or had she simply set the stage for something much larger? This was Patricia's sacrifice to the republic, and as much as it weighed on her heart to be seen as the bad guy, it had to be done.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Objective: B

The boxes were heavy with medical supplies and the lack of droids made for a new experience as the refugee helpers had to carry them manually into the camp. Mantic knew this was a very small shipment, but never the less it might help a few of those in need.

He also knew the Republic had good intentions here but things were not settled in the senate. Coordinating massive help like this was almost as complex as going to war. Albeit perhaps even more important. No hjeroes would emerge from here even though many of the men and women serving here deserved as much credit as the soldier.

As the last box was unloaded Mantic shook hand with the administrator of the camp and turned to leave, he needed to catch a ride back to the space port.

Then his com flashed to life. A message that [member="Mak Manto"] was looking for him.

He produced his holocommunicator and cleared his throat before turning it on and sending the signal to the Thissipian jedi master . He had no idea what [member="Mak Manto"] wanted but they most likely local since h had heard that he too had went to the planet looking to give some stability to this chaotic situation.

(1)

Far, far away from the unlucky world of Tholatin, Siobhan Kerrigan just happened to be watching the holonet when the Senate descended into chaos. It had, as a matter of fact, only been a coincidence that she just happened to arrive at the right channel. Good thing this Galaxy presumably had an equivalent of C-SPAN.

Siobhan, who was lazing around on a very comfy couch eating grapes, blinked when suddenly clone troopers burst into the Senate building, intruding into via ropes or jetpacks, and began gunning down Senate guards. She had missed most of the refugee crisis debate, but picked up on the dispute between Lasedri and Garter, before suddenly things turned violent!

Presumably there were many ways to react to the fact that the methods of a banana republic had found their way into the halls of what was supposed to be the legislature of a republic governed by the rule of law. Democracies and constitutional republics were extremely rare in a Galaxy filled with oligarchies and autocratic regimes. Bit like an endangered species. Reactions might include facepalmning, dramatic outrage, righteous indignation or some variation of that. Perhaps make a comment along the lines of 'this is how liberty dies, with the sound of blasterfire.' That is, if you weren't a retired military dictator with a somewhat macabre sense of humour. "Well, gosh, that's the funnest Senate debate I've seen since Brunswick took a nosedive a pod too far," Siobhan commented. Yeah, totally the thing to say. "I wonder how they lasted this long without a coup. Harmony, get me some wine please. The good stuff."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: A

Kay couldn't believe what she was seeing. No doubt the other Senators were just as surprised. The sight of troopers surrounding them all was something out of a nightmare.

"What in the Force are you doing?!! There's no need for this!! The only one standing in the way is YOU!"

She clenched her fists and had to count to ten inside of her head to cool herself down while she stood there. Kay almost lost her focus at keeping her Force signature hidden, but calming herself down a little had helped. Yet still it felt like the walls were closing in around them. What was to be done with the Senate and Senators if [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] succeeded in her coup? All that she could do right now was watch and wait. The odds were stacked too high against them at this moment.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Objective A - Senate debate
Post 11/20

The air suddenly felt very hot. Darions eyes widened with horror as the unimaginable was being played out in front of the senators very eyes. A secret and traitorous clone army was suddenly being presented marching against the building.
Darion was well over his 60, closing in on 70, but not ready to die. He looked around with desperate eyes, his concern for the republic suddenly diminished as his survival instincts started to climb his mind.

"Someone do something...." he begged with a weezing plead. But in the turmoil he was likely not heard and with fear spreading he simply froze on his pod while his servants fled the site.

Chaos and disorder had found its way into the very heart of the Republic and Tholatin's fate suddenly started to fade away...

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Ashler de Dedhart

A
Objective A
post 5/20

Ashler had to admit, this was the best thing he had ever seen, and he had to clap loudly with a laughter that would echo out across the senate. What he was seeing before him was a revolution, things being done. The vampire crossed his arms across his chest, and smiled widely. The funny thing was, out of all the senators here, Ashler could be bound on Patricia within seconds, and have her all to himself. His speed, strength, and agility gave him that kind of advantage. He looked over to [member="Lady Kay"] to wonder if showing what he was was a good idea, the woman was the only person he could say he actually trusted here. He sighed, so many decisions, so little time.

Something clicked in his head, instead of protesting against the actions of the little blonde, he simply relaxed in his seat, watching the senators watch n horror.

"Well...let's see how this plays out."

[member="Darion Blackstaff"]
[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]
[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Liliane

L
Objective: D - Aid the Refugees
Allies: The Galactic Republic
Enemies: Enemies of the Galactic Republic

When was the last time Lilin helped the Republic? It had to be a long time ago, before she took a break from the tedious work of fighting against darkness. It had to be before she marched into her father's house. It was supposedly long time before she met her grandfather for the second time. It didn't really matter, though. She didn't think the break had made her any less of a Republic ally. She was still a supporter of the Light Side of the Force and if the faction fought for that, it was quite like her duty to help them.

She was in one of the busier cities, helping refugees in any way possible. Even though she wasn't the consular/healer material, she liked taking a few missions somewhat easier. It was difficult to always be the one to fight enemies.

"Do you require an emergency pack?" she asked from the next person to come to her table. She was already readying the pack, but the man shook his head. It was a little bit surprising, since everybody before him had wanted one of these packs.

"I only want to know if things will get easier for us."

"I hope for that as well..."

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
Objective: E - Establish the former hideout as a Republic Base/Test Republic weapons
Allies: [member="Caleb Brolen"]

The Republic led a mission to Tholatin to aid the Refugee crisis, establishing settlements for those travelling towards the souther hemisphere of the galaxy to escape the reaches of the war. Indeed the initial mission was to help the refugee, the military also had a second obiective that would take a small force to scout out the planets plains in search for a fabled smugglers hideout.

Shmi was one of the keaders for that small task, assisted by her padawan. They were then tasked with helping the Republic take root o the planet by reestablishing the hideout as a base of operations. Finding the location was difficult only because it wasn't located above ground.

Shmi stood on the plains where a small number of gunship had landed, she stepped foot onto the dry soil that fall apart under her boots. She squinted from the excessive light, and from the wind blowing around dust, and sand.

"We've still not managed to find this place...surely we would've spotted it by now." she said talking amongst the small group consisting of her commander and padawan.

"Frak you," Geneviève hissed, eyes cutting at the man who dared level a gun at her. Her profane lips parted to verbally eviscerate the blond usurper, blood boiling at this outrage. "Damn you to the sun." She never should have trusted Patricia when she decided to just nonchalantly hand the Republic a clone army. But there was no way she was rolling over in the face of this takeover. She would rather die standing than hide from personal errors. Better to die as a symbol than live as a coward.

"Stand down, you son of a banshee!" the Prime Minister spat at the clone as she stared down the muzzle of his precision rifle, and index finger shifted and tapped the button on her comm unit at her side. "You take orders from me." Lasedri held her chin high in defiance, exhibiting that stubborn and bold quality she had always demonstrated since even before her election. Her eyes dared him to take that shot.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Ashler de Dedhart"], [member="Darion Blackstaff"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Liliane

L
Objective: D - Aid the Refugees
Allies: The Galactic Republic
Enemies: Enemies of the Galactic Republic

The man disappeared quickly and Lilin had to continue the work she was there to do. But something about the man had made her ponder. What had he actually wanted? What was he thinking that he didn't ask for an emergency pack, didn't look for help, but instead asked about the state of the galaxy. It was... weird, but in an interesting manner. It gave her a lot to think about.

She shook her head as the next person stepped behind the table, asking for one of the packs she was supposed to hand out. Lilin gave her the pack, even though she still couldn't clearly focus on the task.

She had to find the man one day and talk about everything more thoroughly. She couldn't just let such a person go. He could have had a lot to teach the girl about.

Objective: E- Find Hidden Base
Post 1/20
[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Through out my life I have been on many planets, read many books, and experienced many things; but nothing is more frustrating than finding this base. Most of the men our tired and even Master Shmi is getting annoyed but I have been keeping to myself most of the time. I finally said "Patience Master we will find it do time". I then turned on the holo-map of the area above ground and below. If I know one thing that its if you can't find something than you are either looking in the wrong place or.... "We are looking the wrong way". I looked over at the commander and said "Commander give me all the data that you can find on this base..that includes builders". He saluted then started talking in his ear piece.

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
Objective: E - Establish the former hideout as a Republic Base/Test Republic weapons
Allies: [member="Caleb Brolen"]

She then placed her hand just underneath her chin, and that arm would then rest on the other. She smirked at her Padawans statement, "Your right, you are truly wise beyond your years Caleb." she said just before the group were approached by the commander.

"General, we've only minimal information on this place. There wasn't much to go off of initially, but we have been picking up strange signals from this area."

"Hmm, and thats why we came to this location..." she said thinking for just a moment. What Caleb said resonated with her thoughts, "You said we are looking the wrong way...what is it we already know about smugglers?" she said presenting a rhetorical question, and turning toward the direction that ledge to a massive ledge that home to a deep crevasse. "They are very resourceful, sly, and not obvious...perhaps we did find the place...though it was never built to be obvious; that would defeat the purpose of it being called a hideout." she turned to the others with a smirk on her face.

I think it may be underground...lets take the gunships into that crevasse there."

2/20
[member="Shmi Labooda"]

I looked down into the barely lit crevasse and gulped as my I caught my breath. I never was good at heights and this canyon that I could barely see the bottom of was not calming my nerves. I shuddered for a moment then stood talk. This mission is important to aiding the Republic so I had to get a hold of myself. I then turned to Master Labooda and said "How about we take one squad in a dropship down their just in case things get heated up". I said that because trouble always follows a Jedi around even in the best of times. "We don't wan't to lose everyone if something bad happens right". I looked back into the crevasse once more.

3/20
Senate

Faith pushed her guards even as she heard the shattering of glass and the words that echoed around the hall were like the nails hit into a coffin. She did not want the Republic, and yet she was attacking them.

"This is madness! Stand down" One of her guards reached over and pulled her back, Faith stared at him, "you will not touch me again" Faith elbowed her way forward, looking back, "Step back one pace" they did as ordered reluctantly. Faith looked over to [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] what the clone kill her.

Was this to be the spiral of the Republic into chaos?

[member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"] [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Location: Champion-class Star Destroyer Obi-Wan Kenobi, Tholatin System
Objective: C / D
Allies: [member="Menka Guga"]
Enemies: Enemies?

[1 / 20]

"Beta Three is entering position now."

Admiral Quee intently watched a quartet of tugs pulled another Shield-class Orbital Base into orbit around the world. Unlike the other stations already in orbit, Beta Three was not a starfighter base. In fact, there were no federal military personnel onboard the station. He still wasn't entirely thrilled with handing the station over to the local authorities, he knew that they needed the hardware. Hopefully when this crisis is done, they'll convert it from a secure freight-holding facility into a true military base...His reverie was interrupted by Captain Lod clearing his throat.

"Sir."

Gir shook himself out of his thoughts and turned to gaze unto his friend, "Yes?"

"A patrol ship from Beta One has picked up a distant signature that could be an enemy vessel..."

Could. Could be...The blonde man knew that there were dozens of ships from cultures that he didn't even knew existed bringing people and supplies to the world. And while there hadn't been any hostile vessels discovered so far, it wouldn't surprise him. Potential prey, especially lucrative prey, brought the predators with them. Still, he didn't want to jump in with guns at the ready and potentially offend a potential ally. This calls for some finesse...last thing I want to do is end up on the Senate floor to explain my actions...

"Advise the patrol ship to approach the sensor signature cautiously," said the admiral, "in the meantime, let us prepare Argent Wing to deploy to that location if it is an enemy."

"Aye sir."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom