Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The burden of politics [GR dominion for Tholatin]

The great flood of refugees desperately trying to abandon the claws of the sith warlords and criminal elements now operating freely in the southern sphere of the Galactic Republic has taken the senate by surprise.

The narrow window kept open by a tremendous effort by the Republic military has taken much of its attention. But now, the refugges with no where to go has finally found a most unexpected location to turn to.

Tholatin
Tholatin.jpg
This rocky planet has had little of interest to anyone but smugglers. What it does have however is space. Here whole cities for refugees are being set up. Partly forced since there are few options to select from, and partly organised by the smuggler bands planet-side. Somewhere their leaders just got fed up and is not supporting these camps with whatever they got. Perhaps they just dont want to sit idle while the sith spread wide in the galaxy, perhaps they are hoping to earn easy money from it. Regardless, their call for aid has reached the Galactic senate who is now in a heft debate whether or not to use Republic resources to help Tholatins refugee camps even further.
IrateChagrianSenator-Timeline6.jpg

As the senators debate, they do not only have to decide how much resources the Republic will send but also what sort of help is the most needed.
The refugee camps are facing several problems, like water supply, criminal gangs trying to open spice markets in the camps, will former republic citizens be prioritized or are all welcome at the expense of overall quality, housing problems, sanitation, camp infrastructure, or perhaps leave the world to its fate and focus on other matters at hand?

Either way - Tholatin is in need of help and on instinct a small portion of the Galactic Republic has already acted.
More or less independent groups has landed to do what they can on the ground. Perhaps their voice or oppinion will matter for the senate? Perhaps not, regardless the fate of the refugee camps are in Republic hands...

OOC
Welcome to the GR dominion of Tholatin.
The dominion is fore most meant to open up some senate Role Play but every part of the Republic (and allies) are of course necessary to complete the dominion.
Each writer is allowed 20 posts until we reach a total of 100 posts.

Objective A
Senate debate
Have your voice heard on the Senate floor. These are hard pressed times, how much can the Republic afford to help outside systems like this? Sure, everyone want to help, but how will the costs for this be covered?

Objective B
Crime fight
The refugee camps are easy targets for criminal gangs looking to open new markets. Get in there and root those gangs out!

Objective C
Smuggle!
All the supplies that is sent to the planet need to get there. Use your ship to get food and medical supplies in there and avoid pirates and sith affiliated ships while doing it.

Objective D
Refugee aid.
Get in there and help out. Handle the soup kitchen, treat wounds, build houses.... whatnot. Just help the refugees in whatever way you can imagine.

Objective E
Do your own thing.
got an idea of your own? Go for it, just make sure it fits in with the overall story ;)

ENJOY!

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Zalaam Na"] [member="Kralossk"] [member="Ashler"] [member="Mak Manto"] [member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Marcus Foster"] @GR and allies

giphy.gif

Senator of Hapes, Ducha Callas of Selab would not be in attendance.

A staunch supporter of an isolationist policy would in fact mean that the Hapes Consortium had their own concerns to tend to.

Namely the pending incoming occupation of the One Sith as they slowly made their way through the Transitory Mists within the Hapes Cluster. While the mist themselves offered them a strong defense, occupation was inevitable.

What would ensure the continuation of Hapan sovereignty would be politics. The sort that meant that Persephone would not have the time to dedicate to other worlds.

She had 63 under her care and a Queen Mother to advise in order to ensure the stability within the Hapes Consortium.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: A

Kay stood watch as the Senators debated. This could go either way. And just as she had rescued slaves, she felt for the plight of the Tholatin refugees. They needed rescuing too.

Once it was her turn, she turned on her mic and addressed the Senate Floor. "Fellow Ministers and Senators. Tholatin needs us and we need them. Would either one of us want to be abandoned in a time of need? The Republic is well known for it's compassion and readiness to help. So I say that we continue our traditions and lend a helping hand. I have worked with thousands of liberated slaves and each of them have found new homes and new lives. Commenor has a large trade surplus this year. As such we will pledge a million credits as well as supplies for proper housing, food, water and medical supplies."

For the moment she turned off her mic. There were other concerns that was needing to be addressed, but she would allow for others to speak too.

Objective A
Post 2/20

From the shadow of one of the speaker pods a thin finger crawled its way up onto the railing. With a grmpy sigh the shape of Darion Blackstaff dragged himself to a standing position as his pod detached and glided out into the speaker area of the Senate.

He stood still keeping his eyes steady in front of him. There was not much to say about this. His position would be obvious soon enough. Still, he knew that the senate was soft hearted and that he needed to act and not merely sit idle while the republics precious reasources were wasted like this.

Once he had been announced he lifted his eyes somewhat and peered around the grand senate room. Here and there empty pods floated waiting to be filled by new worlds. But Darion was not eager to see them replaced to quickly.

"Honorable senators, ladies and gentlement..." he began with a hoarse voice.
palpatine-adresses-senate-2.jpg

A servant from his homeworld held his elbow for support. He did not actually need it but it was easy points to earn some sympathy from the weaker minded of the assembly.

"The world of Tholatin has never in any reasonable past time openly supported the Galactic Republic. Nor has it asked on our oppinion of this decission to open its borders for refugees. It was a decission made by their... " Darion smiled and smacked his lips as he so obviously was searching for a word. "... their local administration." an ironic grin spread across his thin lips. The planet was a known home to smugglers and it was no secret that they had caused much trouble for many republic worlds. Darion meant to use this in his argument.

"While one could imply that the refugees are Republic citizens I argue the opposite. Their home worlds has left our care the day their senators were called home. We can not be expected to take care of the entire galaxy."

"No, the galaxy has turned its back on the republic. Tholatin or any of the other neutral worlds would not come to our aid even if the abyss itself was looking to swallow us. Nay, it is time we saw to our own needs first and foremost." he raised his voice to a surprising strength.

"Pengal IV is suffering from a draught, yet we are barely recieving the expected financial support to manage our pipe lines. To see to non-republic worlds before handling our own interest is in my oppinion a naive move. I say we call home our aid from Tholatin and re-evaluate where it can be used to further our own peoples need more then anything else."

Darion had made his point clear and stood straighter then in years.

"This is a question about republic finances. And my friends..." he continued with a more soft and raspy voice, more accurately resembling that of his fragile appearance.

"... collegues and friends. Times has changed. We can no longer hold onto our expansionistic policy. We can not afford to hand out reasources to outside worlds while we are bleeding inside our own borders. I plead to the senate that we recall any republic aid sent to Tholatin."

[member="Persephone Callas"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]
[member="Akatan Adasca"]
[member="Devin"] Talith
[member="Miad'rien'navruno"]
[member="Ordon Trozky"]
[member="Josef Levik"]
[member="Danny Colen"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Persephone Callas"]
[member="Valen Cerezo"]
[member="Kralossk"]
[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]
@gr senate

Kay-Larr

Kay slowly shook her head as [member="Darion Blackstaff"] spoke. He was close minded and lacked compassion. He was the type of Senator that people that despise governments talk about. They don't think of the broader picture and only cater to their own needs.

She turned on her mic once again and addressed the Senate. "Times have changed. But that doesn't mean that we turn our backs on everyone else. Has Tholatin helped us in the past? Not really. And if we help them now would they help us in the future? It's possible, but not guaranteed. Yet there would be some that would help us, as well as other neutral worlds that hear of our compassion and support for those in need. We must not seclude ourselves from the rest of the Galaxy."

Kay now turned to the Senator of Pengal IV. "Senator Blackstaff, you are right in suggesting that we help our own. Yet there is no reason that we cannot do both. As such, Commenor will also help Pengal IV with it's pipelines and bring in more water through methods of cloudseeding."

Would he accept the offer or decline it? That would determine how much of a dire need his people were in. Or whether or not he was just posturing.

Objective A
Post 3/20

Darius felt his fingers curl up in excitment as [member="Lady Kay"] had chosen to enter the arena. She represented Commenor. A rich and influential trading world.
Senator Kay was in Darius eyes one of those more naive politicians who actually believed in the right and wrong of the system. It was a fresh gust in an otherwise rather dry desert of like minded. Still, some of the most powerful worlds held representatives who carried honor and even more so, hope, in high regard still.
Maybe Commenor was not known for its military might but what truly merited it was its majestic position as a trade port. He had been there once, about twenty years ago and could still recall how struck by awe he had been by the sheer number of ships that was directed around the planet. Such was the nature of Commenor and in truth, they could buy themselves an army for whatever need they had.
This was not a senator to dismiss easily.

Darius decided to tread carefully.

"Most honorable senator of Commenor," he began. "While your offer is most generous I believe we are still a democracy. The majority must have their say on this matter. I am sure that was what you meant."

Darius knew that he could not accept this right in the open. It would appear that he was so easily bought - and he could not have it that way. No, he would see to a more discreet way to converse with the senator.
Mean while he opened up his arms to the senate floor.

"I merely ask for all present to consider the costs this project will carry. Not all worlds have such deep pockets after all..." he tried and assumed a posture trying to appear innnocent, weak and old....

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Persephone Callas"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"]
Objective: Debate
Allies: The Republic.

Patricia Susan Garter was now getting into politics in the republic, from maintaining her companies Spaarti Creations and Reclaimer Arms & Industrial, to her old days as a crime lord it just made sense to dabble in politics. The Republic world of Cartao where the republic's new clone army was grown. Patricia was born on Zeltros during its time as s republic world, she was a citizen of the republic and had love for the government she had fought for in the past, so her return to help it even for a short time at least was something she felt was the right thing to do.

So within one of the small booths where the senators debated Patricia was here more as a representative to the men and women fighting for the republic rather than a senator of Cartao. A liaison for the clone army that numbered in the hundreds of millions for the republic. But as people squabbled over who should help who Patricia was going to lay down the law to put these kids in their place. So standing up in her booth and approaching the mic Patricia checked the microphone then spoke.

"Two billion credits." Patricia said to the floor.

"With a B." She tacked on.

"I will ensure that these refugees are taken care of, I will have Spaarti Creations personal fleet loaded with medics and relief personnel to aid these refugees. If the Republic struggles in making the right decision then I will make it for them." Patricia then paused.

"This is not up for debate, because at this point in time I could buy both of your planets and turn them into my personnel refugee camps. I will personally finance and oversee camps for our current refugees, however I will also see to it that we are to expand outwards and claim more worlds to bring taxes for your pipelines, and water for people. We don't know when the Sith will strike again, but it is important that we bring more planets into the republic in the name of freedom before they are swallowed by the Sith." Patricia then looked to Senator Kay and spoke.

"However I believe there is a more pressing matter in which to talk about here. One that I believe that requires our full attention as the republic." Pause for dramatic effect.

"The Jedi."

Kay-Larr

Kay was about to speak up again to rebut the arguments brought forth by [member="Darion Blackstaff"], but then [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] addressed the Senate. And she didn't so much as make a suggestion, but instead made an order. Did the Prime Minister approve of this?

Already she was thinking of how best to respond when Patricia then turned to her and proposed a change of subject. Kay's body stiffened. What game was she playing? And why look to her?

She cleared her throat and furrowed her brows as though she was confused, before turning on her mic again.

"The offer for help by the planet Cartao is very generous, though there is no need for veiled threats. And as Senator Blackstaff has said, this is a democracy, so the majority must agree. With regards to the Jedi, that isn't up for debate right now. One issue at a time."

She turned off her mic and sat down.

Objective A
Post 4/20

Darion placed his long fingertips together under his scarred and wrinkled chin. As his mic was turned on his feeble hissing breathing could be heard throughout the senate chambers.

"While I have humbly put forward my humble opinion on this distraction I am of course open to suggestions, like that of Senator Kay or the most venerable businesswoman [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] "
He took another raspy breath.

"But there seem to be a need to call for order and what item we are to discuss. Is it proper to discuss the jedi at ther same time as we decide on how much reasources the republic worlds will spend on the distant rock known as Tholatin? Senator Kay is correct, the call for todays agenda must perhaps be sorted by the prime minister."

Darions pod started to return to its position among the others. He was not content with what had happened but he was nor displeased. He could smell an opportunity in this and he would need to remove himself from the current spotlight in order to gain it.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Miss Blonde

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"]

"I don't think you understood me Senator Kay, so I'm going to say this in a way that even you can understand." Patricia said with a bit of venom.

"Your democracy has failed these people, the fact that we are debating how we should help or if we are even to help these people has proven that. No, I will not stand by and see these people suffer while I have the means and resources to aid them. I care not for your idea and agenda of plotting out action while people are out there starving and dying!!" Patricia said as she brought her fist down on her booth.

"The Spaarti Creations fleet will be here within the hour to provide for these people where you have failed them. If you have an issue with this than how about a real threat? If you try to stop me helping these people I will take drastic measures in seeing them survive the cruelty of the Sith." Patricia then looked to the rest of the senate then ending on Blackstaff.

"As for Senator Blackstaff it seems we are in agreement, we may discuss both. These current refugees will be taken care of by my companies, and the discussion of future refugees can be given to the floor. However I feel as if the discussion of the Jedi warrants as a large enough topic to divert some attention to it." Patricia then paused as she calmed herself a bit.

"The Jedi have acted as the guardians of the republic against the Sith, and for that I am thankful. However they have suffered crushing defeats against them, and now when the going gets tough rather than showing strength and standing by the republic, they distance themselves. The Jedi have a foot out the door and are simply waiting to leave us to fend against the Sith. The Jedi must be inclined to remain with the republic and to help defend her lest the Sith see this weakness and come forth to strike once more, and if they do how many Jedi do you think will answer the call to another slaughter." Patricia was a tough cookie and would not be swayed by silly things such as debating over whether or not they should help people.

Kay-Larr

Kay's jaw dropped as [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] began her tirade as though she had done something personally against her. And what's with the accusation of plotting and having an agenda? Patricia must have her mistaken for someone else. That had to be it.

But Kay couldn't take this sitting down. So she stood up and turned her mic on once again. "Senator Garter, I don't know what ill will you have towards me, but I am not a Senator that just sits idly by while things are happening. I have freed thousands of slaves, been on the front lines in wars, and gone on various diplomatic missions in war zones to try to save people. I am NOT the type to turn down a request for help, sanctioned or not. So I believe that your anger towards me is misplaced.

And as for the Jedi, I agree with you that they should stay. But everyone deserves their say and it is easier if we do it one subject at a time. Are you going to deny anyone else the chance to help Tholatin? Or is it going to be your way or the highway? Woe to the Republic if it is to be the latter."

Kay turned off her mic again and sat down. Thank the Force Patricia wasn't the Prime Minister, or Kay would be in a lot of trouble.

[member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Objective A

Senator of Alderaan
1/20

Debates.

Interesting discussions usually held at a tone of sarcasm, or extreme seriousness. Faith listened, she always listened first. She heard [member="Lady Kay"] as usual Kay was putting the refugees out there calling attention to their needs, and of course her position about all she has done.

The another that Faith was unfamiliar with began speaking and now what was this about, the Jedi? Or the Republic? So many times the lines became blurred of the two. [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] was stating how ships would be here within the hour, was this an issue? Faith had no issue with that, aide for the people was aide. And then Kay's voice rang out again, Faith could not help but hide a smile as it seemed someone had gotten under the usually calm Senator.

Faith would listen a little more, gather her facts, and then she would speak. There was one thing she was ready to say, standing up making she she would be heard, "An Agenda should be set. We can discuss all matters today, but one thing at a time is most definitely the democratic way to approach. All that the Senator from Cartao has done is greatly appreciated by the people, the Republic, and all Senators present." Faith looked over to [member="Darion Blackstaff"] and nodded it was agreed that this body should conduct itself in the manner that was accustomed to. "We are after all on the same side and all have an equal voice. Are there any others who wish to speak about aide for Tholatin? Do we have specific goals set for Tholatin?"

Where was the Prime Minister? Faith had a sinking feeling and she hoped she was wrong. Faith was playing for a little time. Even if it was damn little

Miss Blonde

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Patricia listened to Senator Kay go on about her achievements and how she wished to use democracy that was currently failing them in the galaxy. Patricia loved democracy and freedom for the people, but when you were put in a corner with an inch between you and the enemy, talking wasn't something that you did, it was time to punch. But Patricia could handle the building of this planet herself, hell the woman had toppled governments and established new ones. She had ordered the deaths of hundreds of bad guys on the flick of her wrist, talking and setting timelines was something that she wasn't really used to when she primarily got results.

But thankfully before Patricia was about to bury Senator Kay the Senator from Alderaan stepped in and spoke of the planet and how everything she was doing was greatly appreciated, but a timeline and plans should be set for the world itself. The hell was she talking about? The budget to build this planet would be three billion credits, the time line would be now until it's done as soon as possible, and the city would be a refuge for those hurt by the Sith.

"Senator of Alderaan, with all due respect I can more than pay for the building of cities and assets of this planet, Spaarti Creations and Reclaimer Arms and Industrial have the workforce, the resources, and the capital to ensure this planet's growth and to provide jobs, security, homes, and food for refugees at this point in time." She said with a more calm voice.

"I believe that sitting here and discussing this will only take more time that both we and the people do not have. Action is the key to success in this situation, not talk but action. My fleets will be arriving soon and when they do they will be assisting the refugees and start building shelters. I can handle this without the slow and inefficiency of the senate." Patricia said with a very firm look on her face.

"I will have the planet on its feet within the month and have it contribute to the republic. I believe on the issue of saving and protecting lives talk will get us nowhere at a very fast rate. I have fought and bled for this democracy as well, but I will not stand here and discuss timelines and quotas while people are dying of thirst. I implore the senate to allow my companies and foundations to manage this operation so we may move on to more pressing subjects within the republic." Really there were better things to talk about right now.

Kay-Larr

NOW [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] asks for the Senate's permission to allow her company to go to Tholatin? What happened to moments before when Patricia was ordering that it be done without question? Maybe the words of [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] stopped her?

Kay just remained silent. The way that Patricia was talking about her companies rebuilding Tholatin, it reminded her of the Techno Unions invasion of Naboo. Kay tried to help the Gungans, but they were all vastly outnumbered. Now the people of Naboo had their home destroyed, rebuilt and everyone was sent to re-education schools. Hopefully the same wasn't going to happen here.

She listened to Patricia as she continued to talk about other more apparent matters that needed to be discussed. Besides the Jedi, what else was there?

[member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Objective A
Post 5/20

There was tension in the air and Darion liked it. He was at a position that very much suited his way of life and his taste for intrigues and squabbles.
These were pretty straightforward arguments but they woke feelings that ignited the floor regardless. These debates were fun to listen to but still he knew he could not just sit there. He needed the votes from his home world and he had not lifted his finger to aid them in years. Time was of the essence and now he saw a chance to gather some support.

He leaned forward and croaked a few coughs before opening his mouth to address the senate anew.

"Yes...." he began with a dry voice. "I find the matter at hand to be slightly off the track here. It is of course up to the esteemed Senator Garter to use her private fundings the way she sees fit. I suppose one could say that a most impressive and generous offer has been put forward by the private sector through you." he inclined his head at [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

"I too agree with senator Organa however, on that the debate about the jedi are a matter once we have settled the republic funding regarding this aid effort to Tholatin. However, if the jedi wish to offer support on this project this could change. But at the moment the protectors of peace has not appeared according to any reports of mine at least."

"The republics joint resources is not up to a single person to decide upon, even if al our hearts go out to those in need. If democracy was that easy we would not see the tyrrants and dictators spread their single minded empires all around our borders."

Darion took a deep raspy breath. Sometimes the cough worsened when he spoke allot, but he could not appear weak. Now was not the time for that.

"These are not the times to question democracy but to adhere its core even more. We are at war and to pretend that we have unlimited resources is naive. The Republic, like any nation, need to make hard choices. The difference is that we come together, to allow the majority have a say on what is the proper and common goal. We must not forget this even if a decision goes against our own opinion. To think otherwise, to select the easy path and do what one self considers right without the senates voice is to simply neglect our duties." he assumed that someones might feel a bit hurt but these were the rules for the game and everyone here playing them would have a hard time to not accept it and still claim the title senator.

"What we need to decide is if we are to use our resources to this extent outside of republic borders without any kind of guidance on what Tholatin will do with it. We all know that the local administration of tholatin has not shown proper tax regulations or an otherwise functioning enforcement of a governmental body."

"So, to broaden the perspective onm this matter I ask the honorable senate to consider - How do we know that credits sent their way do not just end up in some criminals pocket?" Darion sat down and his pod floated back to its location again. He had tried to shift focus of the debate, while the prime minister still was silent he hoped that it would get the talks back on track. He did not want this to disappear into a general argument, he had not gained his objective just yet.

Once the pod had docked again he opened the curtain behind his seat and leaned toward another boy servant of his. He whispered his intentions into his ear and as the servant nodded Darion smiled and patted the boy on the shoulder as a signal for him to rush off.

Then he turned his attention back to the senate floor once more.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]
[member="Akatan Adasca"]
[member="Devin"] Talith
[member="Miad'rien'navruno"]
[member="Ordon Trozky"]
[member="Josef Levik"]
[member="Danny Colen"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Valen Cerezo"]
[member="Kralossk"]
[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]
@gr senate

Ashler de Dedhart

A
Objective A: The Senate Floor
Allies: [member="Lady Kay"] / Republic
Post 1/20

The debates happening before him made the vampire chuckle to himself out loud as he stood up from his seat. He pulled his ponytail out, and let his white hair drop around his head, and be free. Ashler cracked each finger as he listened to the last of the debates being spoken. The man known as Blackstaff, and the Lady Garter were surely big problems, throwing their own weight like the rest of the senate was to take the full blunt of their words, and do nothing about it.

"As I sit, and listen to these debates, more, and more friends, and quintessences...I..." He began his own speech, his mic making his soft and culling voice loud, and clear. "..I see fear has gripped your hearts to make you act upon instinct, and that may very well be what we need. Our instincts. [member="Darion Blackstaff"] and [member="Patricia Susan Garter"] why not help one another? We are talking about what can the REPUBLIC do for this planet, not one single person. Blackstaff, you're people should be on your mind first always, and thus I agree with you. Could Garter not, instead, send her wealth to help the people of Pengal IV while the Republic sends what is necessary to the people of Tholatin? This way two ends are met, and we are all happy?"

Ashler would move his hands behind his back, and stand straighter.

"How do we know whether or not the credits we send will land in criminal hands or not? Simple...we do know it will. It always will. It does not matter where we send credits, a portion will always fall into the hands of evil, thus is the essence of money is it not? This does not mean we should not help the people of Tholatin. I stand with Kay fully in this, yet we can not ignore some of this. We should a small defense force along with the credits, to not only insure the protection of the people, but also to make sure what we send it used properly the best it can.

If we are to discuss the Jedi Order, we should do it another time. This meeting was not brought to attention for us to discuss the...force users, though I agree, once more, they are something we will sooner, or later have to debate about.

I end by saying this...we are not talking about what can ONE person do the Tholatin. We are not here to talk about the Pengal IV, or whether our credits will fall into the underworld's greedy hands. We are here to discuss what WE can do for children who have lost their parents, fathers who lost their loved ones because of war. Wives who will have to tell their little ones, daddy isn't coming back. We have all suffered from the Sith, and this war. Do not let us be the reason others continue to suffer."

Objective A
Post 6/20

Darion listened to the next speaker and nodded as he mentioned Darion by name. As [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] had finished his speech the senator of Pengal IV rose and took a short bow at the speaker, placing his right hand over his chest, touching his heart lightly. A gesture to be interpreted by the eye of the beholder.

"how touching..." he mumbled away from the mic. The debate was clearly not going to be easily won. But then again, he did not really care what happened to Tholatin. He only cared that he would gain something from it all.

"Since several of the attending seem to consider Republic resources well spent on Tholatin I suppose we need to call for what sort of aid we could offer then? hum?" he then added with a humble voice. He was a calculating man and did not want to appear impossible or unsympathetic to such a degree that he was made a fool of.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Persephone Callas"]

Kay-Larr

Some of what [member="Darion Blackstaff"] had said rang true to her....to do what oneself considers right and without the Senate's voice is to neglect our duties. Kay was guilty of that each time she went off into Hutt Cartel space to rescue slaves. For a time, she was hardly ever in Republic space and wasn't around for the Sith attacks. She didn't even know about most of them until later. It wasn't until after she was held captive for a time that she began to spend more time on Commenor. Slaves were still being freed via her shell company and other methods, but she wasn't partaking in those missions personally so much anymore.

Kay listened to [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] as he had some good points as well. It was good that he was learning his voice. He'd need it if he wished to further his career in politics.

Blackstaff asked his question and so Kay got to her feet and turned on her mic. "Senator Blackstaff, I do hope that you don't feel as though your people's plight is being ignored. There are some in attendance that will see to it that your needs are met. Mister de Dedhart is also correct. If we funnel money, it is more than likely that it will fall into the wrong hands. So I propose that the aid that we send falls along the lines of what Senator Garter suggested. We bring them food, water, medical supplies and building materials. Surely there are people among the refugees that know how to build homes, schools, hospitals and stores. If not, I am certain that we can find engineers and construction workers that will help to train them. People that are working hard and are enjoying what they do are more than likely going to refrain from going into a life of crime. I believe that would be a good start."

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Miss Blonde

Objective: Build new facilities/Prepare for the bruising that will be the first orders asses.
Allies: The mixed bag of people who aren't up to imperialism also [member="Keira Ticon"]

There was plenty of talk going around and honestly it made Patricia want to vomit in her mouth a little. At this point Patricia was just tempted to buy senator Blackstaff's planet just to shut him up about it. Had to spend those Revan lightsaber credits and so far by pledging these two billion to the current planet in need of aid, spending a billion on the black market on Yuuzhan'tar, she was left with fifty three billion left over. Which was a stupid amount of money, and that sort of money often went to your head.

"Oh my god Senator Blackstaff, I will pay for your expenses for your planet. Just forward me the requests for it and I'll have it taken care of." Patricia said in a polite yet slightly annoyed voice.

Was this what politics were? Patricia was starting to see the perks of imperialism and the lack of debate. But there was still that whole idea of freedom that Patricia enjoyed and so with all the long waiting aside the woman would just offer up her services to those in need.

"Senators, it is important that we act rather than talk. Planets outside the republic do need aid, and we are at war. But people need help and there are plenty of ways to go about this, there are organizations we can send who specialize in this. However I believe that neutral planets that ask for our assistance we do so and bring them within the republic fold. Although the cost to bring aid will be expensive at first the long term profit from expansion and rebuilding will more beneficial for the republic." Patricia said as she cleared her throat.

"Within the last executive order of the prime minister a clone army of two hundred million was created for the republic, which dwarfs the current military that stands at a few million men and women due to the loss of Contruum. These clones which have been provided by my company Spaarti Creations are trained and capable soldiers, they will safeguard the republic for free if I ask them too. That is their sole purpose, now I can assure you the Republic will be safer. We need to focus on providing aid to planets, expanding the republic, and ensuring the civilians that they are safe." Patricia said loudly.

"As we currently sit Thoaltin is in good hands. The private sector as well as the Republic will provide jobs, homes, and security for the people. Companies such as my own or others who sit, quality homes that can be built quickly, and clones to provide military security and police training to civilians so they may police their own in time." Patricia hoped that they could move past this issue of refugees soon, there were more important issues to speak about and the senate was normally dead outside of events such as this.

[member="Darion Blackstaff"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Persephone Callas"]

Sha'Lom Kolos

B-Wing salvager, junk collector
Objective: A/C Operation: Save that Nikto!

Sha'Lom was busy trying to get the last of his leftover food cases into the tiny cockpit of his B-Wing Mastiff. He'd be flying alone deep inside Tholatin to take out pirate gang and deliver food to a refugee group of Kajain'sa'Nikto trapped deep inside the planet. He lifted off and set a course for Tholatin. Today, the Skrilling senator of Agriworld-2079 was going to make history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom