Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Burden of Duty (New Exarch Inauguration)

Tegaea herself made an appearance now on the stage. "Thank you, Exarch @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]. I will be very brief. The Protectorate has been through a lot recently. We will endure however. We will not yield at the end of the chase, and we will not give in. The time for great things is coming, and I hope I can count on all of you to stand with me. And now...the buffet awaits!"

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]
"Oh, yes, a buffet, exactly what I have been waiting for in this party. Nothing can get me as excited as a buffet."
The droid muttered dryly, looking aside
"Eyeroll."
The glass he was holding clinked slightly and he looked down on it
"Why do I even have this?"

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Very inspiring, Protector. You know I'll follow you to hell. Well, I wouldn't allow you to come with," Siobhan whispered into Tegaea's ear after the mercifully short speech. Personally Siobhan was happy it had not been Aurelia, since that woman never shut up. She gently took Tegaea's hand and led her down the podium. "Don't tell me this whole speechifying is gonna become a regular thing now," she said. She really did not like holding public speeches after all.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Speak of the devil, and she shall appear, it was said, and so now with Aurelia Saelari.

Already annoyed at being denied a speech (deliberately she guessed) she was probably still smarting over being denied the role of Exarch herself.
“Ah, congratulations, Exarch,” she said with a terse little smile. “I am sure we are all inspired by that…novel speech. I for one will sleep safer in my bed knowing that that you are protecting us,” she said with just a hint of sourness.

@[member="Aurelia Saelari"]

Ironically enough there had been a time when Siobhan liked Aurelia. Back on Hapes the woman had shown guts, more than most politicians, not let the carnage intimidate her and resisted the Gun of Command. Siobhan had no time for dramatic speeches, but had been annoyed when Aurelia's successor blamed the Republic's 'dark side' on her. However, her opinion had taken a nosedive in recent months, partly perhaps because Tegaea did not like her and this had rubbed off on Siobhan. But seriously the woman kept on talking and talking.

"Thank you, Chief Minister," she with forced friendliness, though she was feeling smug. Yeah, I'm a gutter rat and I'm more important than the aristo now. Not that Siobhan minded all aristocrats in principle, Anya was a very good friend. "But I don't need speeches to inspire people, lots of others can do that better, deeds are what I do. Words don't mean a thing if you can't back them up. You can be certain I'll make wiping out the Reavers my first priority. Starting very soon."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom