Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bryn'adul | Kythera Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.
483b2770108015.5b9841a2857aa.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To elaborate and expand on a substance that will form a vital role for an upcoming war beast.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Kythera
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Bryn'adul
  • Affiliation: The Bryn'adul
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Inky Vapor | Chemical Compounds | Highly Acidic and Volatile Substances
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Liquid - Creation/Condensation | Gas - Exposure to Oxygen
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Color: Very Dark Blue
  • Resistances: None

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Exists as an inactive liquid until exposed to Oxygen at which point it becomes gaseous.
  • Becomes more corrosive and volatile over time.
  • Disperses completely after ten hours post oxygen exposure. At this point it is ineffective.
  • Ignites when exposed to a specialized secondary chemical compound.
  • Gradually lifts into the atmosphere - where it will join with clouds and other condensation to produce exceptionally lethal precipitation.
STRENGTHS
  • Corrosive - Upon first exposure, the gas is only mildly corrosive, but this intensifies roughly every five minutes. After only thirty minutes, it can no longer be safely breathed by Type I atmosphere breathers. After an hour, Type II will suffer. Type III come another thirty minutes after that. Within two hours, many unspecialized clothes and armors can be pierced. Within three, a great deal of military-grade equipment can be torn through. Within four, even buildings and constructs will begin to fall apart.
  • Inky Darkness - The coloration of the vapor can form a smoke-screen for those who wish to use it as such. While thermal vision is able to easily see through this mist, it is less simple to look through it with normal human vision in large quantities.
WEAKNESSES
  • Wind - The gas is fairly light and it may be blown about with ease by gusts of wind - whether sourced technologically or by the Force. This tends to disperse the vapor over wide areas, but can ostensibly be used to create "safe zones" within the storm.
  • Containment - It is exceptionally difficult to make weapons utilizing Kythera Vapor. While not impossible, it would require an area exposed to utter vacuum or else completely devoid of oxygen. Any prior exposure to the vapor before it is contained means that it would burn through its container or canister. While the gas is prevalent, it is, therefore, unlikely to be put into any items of greater than Semi-Unique level.
  • Atmosphere - Completely useless in areas without an atmosphere. Can be siphoned into space like any other gas by most starships.
  • Impartial - The use of Kythera Vapor is meant to lead to the utter extermination of an area, hence its increasingly dangerous corrosion. Friend and Foe alike can be easily caught within the clouds of vapor. The end result is often the same.
DESCRIPTION
The creation of the Kythera Vapor was a byproduct of the creation of the Kythera itself. From the beginning of the war-beast's conception, it was determined that in order to be capable of wiping out potentially all life on a world, it would need an exceptionally lethal method of striking at targets that could be hundreds of miles away from it.

Gradually, the Vapor was composed. A series of chemical studies and tests determined that while it would begin its process as soon as it made contact with oxygen, it could be safely stowed alongside the Kythera beasts until that time. The Vapor thus forms a primary component of the planet-killing war-beast's arsenal. It is by means of this vapor, which continually becomes more and more corrosive over time, and which rises into the atmosphere to rain back down on the surface of a world that the Kythera accomplishes the Bryn'adul's goal of annihilating the life of worlds.

This is a component of a Superweapon. It will not be used unless the Kythera Superweapon is also approved.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Osam Osam

This is a very nice submission! But I think this is not really fit to the simple Basic Technology template. Would you be so kind to modify it to Explosives & Ordnance or rather Material template? I think this fit more to them.

MANIAC MANIAC

Thank you!

The only difference I saw in the templates between basic tech and "Material" was the Physical Specifications section, so I've added that in. There are no Resistances since it is just a gas/liquid and not really meant to serve as any kind of armor or defense.

Is this in an acceptable format now?

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Osam Osam

Thank you! And I asked John what is the method with this sub about the secondary approval, or it not needed. He told me that would be the best to keep this thread in the Pre-Factory until you're not posted your Superweapon thread. So you don't mind if I move it back to the Pre-factory?

Osam Osam

What is the status of this submission? As per the rules of the pre-factory, which can be found here, submissions may only remain in the pre-factory for one month before being archived. Unfortunately, your submission has been in the pre-factory for longer than a month, if you could please update us on if you still intend to complete it, or if you would rather the submission be moved to the archives till you're ready to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom