Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Bryn'adûl | Traedaris, Home to the adverse

Ostak Cl'mana

O
OBJECTIVE: Traversal of the Ungulloi
EQUIPMENT: Utilitarian winter leather robes
ALLIES IN OBJECTIVE: Osam Osam / Sethrak Sethrak / Thova 'Mdanam Thova 'Mdanam

"I've not mastered the language either. At times I just use the mind-stones. Othertimes the Flesh interprets for me." He said, tapping at the Vessel with a gentle finger. "I do understand some of the words, just not very many, and I don't know how to speak the language back. For example... I believe that pair over there..." He directed his index finger to the Ungulloi pair. "They're talking about their new rooms... maybe something about furniture?" A shrug. In truth, he didn't know a great deal.

"Do you think it'll be added to our flash-training? Maybe we'll be caught up to date with one?"

"Perhaps." replied Ostak absentmindedly. "It would seem useful to at least have a small group of fluent translators."
"Those two over there are discussing the finer points of wooden furniture compared to more rock based types. One claims that their room will be too small for such traditional furniture however, while the other is calling him an idiot." Thova 'Mdanam's voice carried over the area the assembled Bryn'adul leaders were in, almost drowned out by the sound of the transport that had brought him in lifting off and departing. The Shipmasters cloak billowed around him as he approached, his red helmet eyes tracking the various Ungulloi columns all around them. He came to stand before the other Bryn'adul, nodding his head slightly to each of them in turn.

"Languages are a specialty of the Vaydralen. On Caerdar, there are over three hundred native tongues, each one developed over the generations by the various Clans. We tend to be able to pick up alien speech quickly." With his peace said, he turned his eyes back to watch the Ungulloi, his armored arms folding across his chest as he watched the diminutive forms of the species waddle by. He still had his doubts about their validity in the greater Empire and Covenant, but the book he had secured would hopefully help.

"If I may ask, how do the operations here progress?"

An unfamiliar form suddenly appeared alongside the three Draelvasier, its body taller but thinner than that of Ostak.
The Shaman-Overseer soon recognized the individual as another of the covenant species, the Vaydralen who had so recently been acquired from their distant homeworld. Guessing from their cloak, characteristic of most Shipmasters Ostak had served under, the individual themself appeared to be a Shipmaster, a respectable feat for a newly integrated species. Consequently, the Shaman-Overseer felt comfortable enough to absorb their information at face value.

The Vaydralen seemed to be excellent linguists, and the Shipmaster walking alongside Ostak now was a living example with his fluent Drael tongue. Perhaps they could be the core of the translator group the Shaman-Overseer had just envisioned, furthering not just interspecies communication but also interspecies integration into the Tachael-Vemnak, with Vaydralen and Ungulloi Enforcers observing their populace far more efficiently than foreign Drael agents. Satisfied with this new development, Ostak turned to face the Shipmaster.

"I would recommend asking that to either of the two Warlords." replied Ostak, gesturing to Osam and Sethrak. "I am merely an elder among their ranks."

Objective: Traversal of the Ungulloi
Tags: Osam Osam Ostak Cl'mana Thova 'Mdanam Thova 'Mdanam

The conversation had continued for a moment before the Vaydralen, Thova, arrived and interpreted what the two Ungulloi were saying. Then he asked how the operations were progressing on the planet. Things had been smooth so far, and the super construct was getting larger with every step. There had been no major setbacks, and the few times the trip had presented issues, The Ungulloi quickly solved them without Sethrak's aid.

"Things have progressed quickly, with relative ease to my knowledge. As you can see, we are near the superconstruct. This caravan will soon arrive at their new home."

He was surprised it had gone as smoothly as it had, but this was one of many caravans. He was sure that others had not had such an easy time. But overall he was correct, the Ungulloi were making their transition into The Bryn'adul quickly and seamlessly. They would be a valuable member of The Bryn'adul Empire for years to come.

Post 6
Objective A

Sethrak Sethrak | Ostak Cl'mana | Thova 'Mdanam Thova 'Mdanam

Osam spun on his heel at the behest of the Kraemonen worm-mind, the writhing of elongated insectoid legs chittering along his own skin as it transmitted a thought directly to him: 'Someone was coming'. The hybrid didn't bother to turn until they had introduced himself, satisfied that the worm-mind would have informed him ahead of time if they were some threat or another. It was good to possess such situational awareness as a result of the fleshy mass, but it would do him no favors to behave in uncanny fashion.

The Tachael-Vemnak Overseer, Ostak, seemed to agree at least partially with the concept of further training for their kindred. Though, the way that he spoke of their being a small group of fluent translators seemed curious to the hybrid. Why would they rely on imperfect translation when they possessed the ability to simply transmit the knowledge into new clones, and potentially into the minds of those Draelvasier already alive? They possessed the artifacts, and so inscribing the knowledge into just a few of those would presumably be sufficient... it would take time... but it would be sufficient.

"I'm of the mind that the sooner we bind ourselves to one tongue, the better." He spoke, nodding to the Ungulloi as they continued rattling off.

The Shipmaster joined their conversation, cloak billowing dramatically behind them, the transport craft they had taken to arrive waving off as it concluded its delivery. Curious that they had not relied on such vessels to assist with the movement process... perhaps there had simply been too many Ungulloi to manage it effectively - from what he understood, they bred in litters, and rapidly too. He didn't believe that the Ungulloi would need much in the way of cloning in order to raise their numbers to acceptable levels... there were already so many of them.

The descendant of Caerdar seemed to have unraveled their archaic tongue already, though. Language and logic both were talents of the Vaydralen, and the Shipmaster seemed to be no exception to that rule. It revealed the mundane conversation for what it was, and then requested information about their progress. Ostak, ever the observer, excused himself from answering... perhaps hoping to judge the answers of the Warlords. There was a nagging sense of worry now that he associated with the Vemnak overseer.

"I agree. We should be there shortly. I don't believe we'll face any major threats... not here. The beasts of this world would never dare attack a whole caravan, I think." He assumed, anyway. It was always possible they might.

"What about you, Shipmaster? How has your goal gone? Accomplish anything of worth on our visit here?"

Thova inclined his head to each Bryn'adul leader as they spoke, his head turned to the side slightly as he watched the pair of Ungulloi move off finally. The Ungulloi were efficient when they were given proper direction and goals, and once properly harnessed, Thova was certain they would be a asset to the growing Bryn'adul efforts. Turning to address the questions leveled to him, he reached into his cloak to produce the book he had risked his life to secure.

He opened it, the strange text of the Ungulloi covering it in a spiral pattern, rather than a line format as most species did. While he had been able to deduce their spoken language well enough, their written language was so alien that Thova had only been able to dissect parts of it. "I was able to secure this tome, a written history of ancient Ungulloi civilization. From what I can tell so far it speaks of ancient warriors and the trials the species overcame to survive. Within, I hope, is some basis for our continued help of them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom