Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied The Bryn'adûl | Bound Debaucher

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bryn'adûl | Bound Debaucher

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
DeadSpace3-conceptarts-3.jpg

• Intent: To create a planetary defence based off of the Debauchers used by Artificers of the Bryn'adûl.
  • Image Credit: X
  • Role: Defence and Detection
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: [Embedded Throughout]
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Bound Debaucher
  • Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl
  • Classification: Defence
  • Description: The Bound, is a type of Debaucher. A organic creature capable of creating a "a technological dead-field" in a large radius emanating from the Debaucher. These particular variants are known as BOUND due to the fact they are bound to particular locations, entrenched in the earth as they project massive fields of vampirism that disrupt and deaden all forms of electricity based technology within a certain radius.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Small
  • Unit Availability: Uncommon
  • Unit Experience: Trained
  • Equipment: N/A
  • Combat Function: The Combative Function of Bound Debauchers are to act as defensive batteries that cast anti-technology fields to fend off all forms of technology brought to bear by the enemies of the Bryn'adûl. The Bound Debauchers cover a one and a half kilometre circumference with their technological dead-fields, targeting the oscillations of energy emitted from technologies to find the locations of hostiles. However unlike the preceding standard Debauchers, the Bound are capable of manipulating the size and direction of their anti-technological death fields, capable of targeting hostile technologies with disruption/vampirism fields. The extent of this range is to the upper atmosphere.
Strengths:
  • Powerful Vampirism
  • Hidden/Protected
  • Long-Range Attack
  • Hostile Tech-Radar
Weaknesses:
  • Physically Defenceless
  • Underside is vulnerable
  • Force Disruption
  • Force Beacon [Easily located]
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Bryn'adûl have began to install these Debaucher variants in their military
super-constructs. These devices serve as defences against the foreign technologies that could potentially pose a threat to Bryn'adûl territories.

Last edited:
Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus Hey there! Love the Brynadul lore as always, but I really believe making a species sub for the Bound Debauchers would serve these organics better, and also give you more room to expand on them better. It would still allow you to use them as a unit, though another submission wouldn't be mandatory unless you wanted to make one. You would also be able to expand there on what these creatures exactly are.

I would also note that despite the Bound Debauchers having some great weaknesses, their power itself is still very strong, with an incredibly wide radius. While I'm not going to deny this submission, you should be aware that this could cause other writers to report these. I would suggest toning it a little bit down, but of course, this is just a suggestion and you don't have to.

Tag me back and let me know if you want me to move this to the pre-Codex for you.

Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus The word "Crell" doesn't appear anywhere in this submission. If you're referring to what's written in the factory submission, it (1) doesn't have updated links and (2) I don't see why people should be running around searching for threads that ought to be properly linked in newly made submissions. It adds to confusion and is unfair to those who want to roleplay with you but need to go hunting for clues. A species sub is required here and I'd checked with other Codex staffers prior to asking you to make the template edit.

I will ask once again to have the template changed into species - the unit submission is great but it is not enough for what you're trying to do here. I will be happy to move this to the Pre-Codex for you or help out in any other way that I can with bringing this into a Species submission.

Of course, if you feel strongly about this, you are welcome to Second Chance it and have another Codex staffer judge this submission.

Please tag me back and let me know what you've decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom