Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Bridge | Jakku

if they're watching anyways
artem-chebokha-11-1538.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Romi Jade Romi Jade | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill (later? idk) | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl (???) | HMU if you're around and want to talk to Auteme

Funny -- Ryv Ryv often thought of himself as alone in the galaxy, whereas Auteme was determined to surround herself with friends and often refused to travel alone. Yet, when she arrived at the Jakku Jedi Enclave she couldn't feel more alone. Ryv had had both his students and Aaran with him. She had, what, her bag? Her holo? She didn't exactly have anyone she could call up at a moment's notice, not like Ryv had described Kyra doing. A man teleporting into the room was scary enough. Being alone, and being in the room in which a man teleported into? Terrifying.

The trip down the turbolift was unbearable. What if Romi Jade didn't like her prodding? They'd met briefly during her first visit, but they hadn't talked much. With Ryv's account of what happened, she wasn't sure how amenable the headmaster of the enclave would be to her visit. And Quill -- was he alright? What would he think of her?

Still, she was the diplomat. And she couldn't very well give up. There were amends to be made.

The turbolift's doors opened. She walked down to the green room then stopped and called out. "Excuse me? Master Jade, are you here?"

She slinked around a planter, at the sound of her name -- "Oh.."

Propelling up from her crouched position she braced herself, she wasn't sure what this would mean. She did ask Auteme to stop by if she had the time, but tons had transpired since then; at this point she was preparing for anything. though, Auteme never gave her the impression that she was problematic.

"I know you," She rose an eyebrow, teasing really. "Seems you and Ryv are switching places on me, I ask for you and he shows up. But i'm always glad to see you both. More importantly, glad you and I get to speak finally."

She motioned for her to follow her, "I never know who to expect to visit us, forgive me for not being as prepared. But, welcome to the Enclave--"

She pointed loosely, "I was just tending those plants there. I am by no means a flower girl, but those flowers there are from Hapes. I've only ever seen them or smelled them around the Fountain Palace. They remind me of...warmer times." She motioned to her guest with her head.

"How're things?"

Jade glided through the cooridor.

Auteme Auteme

"Well, I think your garden is beautiful," she said, smiling away the slight to her friend. She knew Ryv had a bit of a... reputation, when it came to interacting with most Jedi. She knew him better than most Jedi. It was why she'd stuck around with the New Jedi Order for so long, among other things, despite it often being the opposite of her personal views.

"Things are good. I can't exactly comment on the state of the war, but... personally, I'm well. I'm planning a bit of a vacation, after this, as the Empire begins to break down. Nothing's certain, of course, but I thought some time off would do me good. My b- ah, partner," she chose the more 'formal' word, "We'll probably be headed into the Outer Rim, hopefully to find a sliver of peace there."

She clasped her hands together. "Unfortunately I can't say I'm... here for pleasure. I was hoping to talk to Quill, if he's here, and perhaps Kyra. You as well, of course, though -- I believe Ryv asked for your help when he was here, I was hoping I might be able to change your answer a little."

Honesty was the best policy. She had nothing to hide from Master Jade.

"Mmm. Sounds fun." She responded, moving down the decline.

"I pretty much assumed that. Kyra isn't here, I haven't seen her since she punched Ryv in the nose. She doesn't stay here so there's no telling if or when I'll see her. As far as Quill, since that event tabs are hard to keep. He's still here, where though? Well that's really the question. He has a couple of classes scheduled today so I'm sure we'll bump into him."

Her answer?

"Mhm, yeah. Ryv did ask for my help. I recall helping him. When we talked, I gave him all the answers he asked for. What answer are you looking to change?"

At this point, they were crossing through the Hub.

Auteme Auteme

"There's more to helping than just... talking, than answering and asking questions. There's more to becoming better." She was cautious, even though she knew that wouldn't pay off. She took a deep breath and collected her thoughts.

"When Jend-Ro made his- his announcement, I mean, he was right. We needed to change something. But when I talked to some of the other Jedi they didn't acknowledge him and what he said; not truly, because he only did things halfway. It felt like a betrayal to take the word of a Sith at face value without checking the other side of the story," she said. "I know you agree with him, and I know you gave Ryv advice on what to do, but there was nothing there that we hadn't already decided.

"As unfortunate as it is, people have a hard time listening to those not in their 'camp', and with what happened the other day, it feels like our camps are growing further apart when they really shouldn't be. We're Jedi. We want to work together, we want to cooperate, we want to be better, and half measures and outside 'consultation' won't always cut it."

She slowed and looked to Romi, trying to really get her attention.

"You're a renowned Jedi Master, Romi. I know you have a good thing going on here, and I'd never ask you to abandon it, because there are great Jedi in the making. But if you'd be willing to teach a few classes on Coruscant or Prosperity, or a genuine open-door policy with the New Jedi Order, so we don't have people punching people just because they walk through the door-

"It'd go a long way."

"I don't care," Quill said hoarsely from a side passage, "if it felt like a betrayal. Your people got so deeply offended at my tone when I blew the whistle on war crimes. I've heard more unqualified anger about Master Quill 'not going about it the right way' than about the actual fething war crimes. I applaud the idea of breaking down barriers, because it's the only way I see to prevent a really stupid possible future."

He came into the light with all new scars, weathered to hell.

"It's the year 866. The Sith Empire is a shred of itself, the New Order is stronger than ever. All pious boxes are checked when they come knocking to take those tasty Silver Jedi border worlds by force or coercion. And half your friends nod sadly and fight alongside their trusted comrades against the Silver Jedi, using the skills you'd have Master Jade share. That's the future I see, three or four times out of ten. Am I wrong?"

"You're right. Which is why I prefer not to talk but simply take action. You've never heard of me taking part in a conclave or large gathering where people go back and forth on ideals, or opinions. They bore me honestly, strength has always been in the action for me." She agreed.

And it was true.

She slowed and hit a pivot.

"Whether I agree with Quill or not, it has no bearing on my role here. I don't think you all really understood the weight of this situation. I hate to rehash, but it should be clear -- those memories, what happened didn't involve me, did I see them and disagree? Absolutely. But my involvement here didn't start until it boiled over...and I had a student attack an instructor in a place that's suppose to be a safe haven. It was the lack of timely action that allowed this to fester, and then it spiraled out of control. This place is obscure, that situation compromised this academy and everyone in it. It could have nearly pushed the treaty that binds us to this Valley over the edge. There was a lot at stake here Auteme. I, as Headmaster, have to be impartial. Prior to that I had no intention of involving myself. But the problem, really is the disrespect and misplaced anger that we face when these issues are brought to your attention---"

Quill entered and she gave way for him to talk.

She let his question linger.

"--And before that I was game. I fought with you on Ziost, Bastion, and several engagements before that. I found this Enclave to train Jedi...but yet my contribution still seems to fall short? I've done nothing but support the NJO, and this Enclave has always been open door. You all have been and are always welcome here. I literally found this place to teach, we have several NJO Padawan here. And even when Ryv walked in here, our conversation went fine up until he started to go back and forth with my sister -- who mind you -- only came here after she heard of the attack. But, with complete disregard to my letter, my ask of maintaining peace here, the situation spiraled and violence transpired. The one thing I asked not to happen, happened right in my face. And here we are again, me extending grace, because I understand chit happens."

A beat.

"But...I do draw the line at working with Imperials. From personal experience, it never works out. You all are free to do what you want, just as we are. Just own it. Don't make it about someone else not wanting to help you."

Auteme Auteme
Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Last edited:
When Auteme saw Quill, she didn't have the usual relief, nor worries about his newest scars. Instead his comments just frustrated her. No -- they angered her. She didn't know why; she could try to justify it in any number of ways but they didn't matter. She was just angry.

She managed to hold it back long enough for both of them to finish, but she wasn't facing Romi anymore; it felt like she'd barely heard the woman. Her hands balled up into fists.

"Do you have that little faith in me?" Her voice was soft as death.

"Quill, I'm not going to tell you it was wrong to blow the whistle, because what happened was wrong and we need to make sure it doesn't happen again. No. No, I'm angry because you have no faith in me whatsoever, no faith in anyone. You thought I was so incapable of action that you needed to do something about it without saying anything to me. Do you know what I was doing when Ryv came here?"

She reached into her bag and produced her Perspective Stone, thrusting it towards him. "I was getting the memories from the ones who were at the academies. Before that, I was doing research, meditating on them, trying to make sure I had everything right before I spoke to them. I talked to Ryv right after the summit and the first thing we talked about was how to change, how to be better, what I'd seen. And you- you just complain, gripe about how things are bad, how we're bad, how everything's going to keep being bad- have you even TRIED doing anything about it? You talked to me, and I was thankful that you did, because now I knew about what had to change. You said you weren't going to be hands off, but you were. You just sat here and didn't do anything, then made an announcement without giving me even a moment to do anything.

"I am doing everything I can. I'm planning and teaching classes. I'm meeting with all the other Jedi. We're, what, two days away from the perpetrators taking the Barash and heading for the Trial of Recommitment. I respect your opinions, Quill, but this is why so many among the New Jedi Order are frustrated with the rest of the galaxy. It feels like the other Jedi are sitting around doing nothing, all the while accusing us of being too eager, too warlike.

"You know I would never support a war against the Silvers. And Ryv? As much as he dislikes them, he'd rather get punched in the face than fight another Jedi. You don't understand. You glimpse for one second something you see that you don't like and you scamper off in fear because you're so deathly allergic to challenge and people and hope." The words were beginning to become heavy in her mouth but her tone and demeanor hadn't cooled. It felt like the most horrid thing she'd ever said to anybody.

"This belief of- of that you're alone, that you're the only one, that nothing will change is so wrong and misguided. I don't want our critics to disappear because they see things differently, but I do want them to understand us. The whole point of the Jedi is to make things better. Just because we move too quickly shouldn't distract from that."

"And if I'm too much the pessimist," Quill snapped, "you're too quick to trust. I watched your friend Ryv's announcement. I haven't seen someone talk out of both sides of his mouth like that since my last visit to Ithor." He stabbed a finger at her. "He played his politics, cut loose his friends as acceptable losses to protect himself and his war. And all while passing responsibility to the Jedi like me who were getting our scars elsewhere instead of marching alongside stormtroopers. If you're big enough to call yourself the Sword of the Jedi, you're big enough to take responsibility. But you'll notice that the consequences fell just on his friends. Including you. You're in this position because of my whistleblowing, yes, of course you are, and I'm sorry for that - but I was under no obligation to push for change through only one angle. And you're also in the tough spot you're in because deep down, you're the only one of them who actually cares about making things better. Cares enough to take on the work and the consequences and the pain. And the people you trust are letting you go through that."

"Auteme, would you really have us believe that Alliance higher ups knew nothing about this before Quill blew the whistle? Whether it happened like it was stated or not, I've been on many fronts and I know how reports work. My question for you is, if Quill hadn't brought forth the truth-- in whatever method--would there have been any investigation at all? Would any of this have come up?"

"This narrative of us against them is dangerous. Everything was fine, until this came to light. Now all of sudden the others aren't doing enough because they're not doing it the way you think they should? Then we're guilted into feeling like we've abandoned you...when all we've done is help in whatever capacity, from whatever angle we think is best. Where's the grace? Like my letter stated, I don't know not one Jedi who doesn’t truly believe in our purpose to make things better."

"Despite how much it bit us in the arse, you asked for our help in fighting the Sith, we joined you on the line. You asked for guidance and instruction, we built Enclaves. You asked for evidence, we provided you memories. You asked for a way to move forward, to help hold your own accountable, we gave you the Trial of Recommitment. What else?"

She left room for a response.

"I'll be right back" she backpedalled, and sauntered away.

Auteme Auteme

Last edited:
"Oh, so I'm so weak and dependent that I wouldn't be able to see if my friend was some- some- some manipulative warmonger? Trust and faith are not bad things, Jend-Ro. I do put in the work, but to say I'm alone, to say that people don't care -- you don't understand. You don't get why I trust people and why people trust me. It is not politics, it is accountability.

"As soon as you told me what was wrong we got to work. We talked to people, we organized. Pushing for change from another angle? Where was the push? What have you done, Quill?

"With all due respect, Master Jade, I do not care for your contributions to fighting the Sith. I also don't doubt your teaching ability, I mean -- your powers are beyond the entire New Jedi Order. And no one is guilting you into feeling like you've abandoned us." Auteme did feel abandoned -- Romi herself had written that they were not treading a new path. Why hadn't anyone looked to guide them from the beginning? But it didn't matter. Things could only change now. "But you aren't doing enough. You told me you're a woman of action, but there are always better actions to be taken and more ways to help. Your only action with Padawan Thalia was to expel her. Did you not believe that she could change, that she could grow, that she could see the error in her ways? And now the New Jedi Order takes her on to help her.

"Real, systematic, widespread change demands either participation within or tearing down the system entirely; the latter always leaves a great many people hurt. You both have power and quite a bit of it. People listen to you. You're smart, you're wise, you're perceptive, but you can't put those skills to use -- you can't change things -- if you don't participate, if you don't take things step by step, if you just opt out or say 'this is a neutral space'. No. It's never neutral, Romi."

She paused long enough to take a breath, searching for any kind of calm. It didn't come, but she did her best nonetheless.

"I'm here because I want your help, because I think you're wise, because I trust you. It doesn't matter whose feelings were hurt, how angry people might be, how angry I am-" She sighed. "I want to make sure that we have everything in place so that we are always able to do the right thing. More training, more understanding, more knowledge. New perspectives are always needed. But that means you must be an active part of the Jedi, not just last-minute outbursts or eternal cynicism."

"She doesn't do enough," Quill said, dead quiet. "The things she's done, the wars she's fought, and she doesn't do enough. That in a nutshell is the New Jedi Order viewpoint, as if being part of your friends' little testosterone-fuelled fraternity is the only worthy kind of Jedi participation. I've heard that sentiment over and over from that direction, Auteme. I didn't expect that drek from you."

He let out a shaky breath.

"I'm done with institutions that assume they're worthy of trust."

He dropped his lightsaber and walked away.

Last edited:
She came back on the tailwind of the conversation, catching the bits about her and seeing Quill's exit.

"Quill..." Her gaze trailed his path..

With a journal in hand. "Well, we can agree to disagree. Your views are your own and you're entitled to them, I'm not seeking to change them. For the record, Thalia wasn't expelled--she was suspended. I also told your friends when they were here last that she was welcome back after she gets proper guidance, but it would seem that part was left out."

Or rather overlooked as well. But she was fine with that.

But the rest wasn't anything she cared to address.

"I am a woman of action Auteme, which is why i'm giving you this and politely seeking to end this conversation. I want you to have this. Take it, use it or don't. But these are some notes that may be beneficial to someone with a mind like yours during the war." She handed the journal over. "I wish you luck."

She stepped back and scooped Quill's lightsaber from the ground.

Sigh

---

Auteme Auteme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom