Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Boogeyman [Sin Lykos]

Aboard the Vhailor, the personal ship of Sith Knight Kära Vi'dreya, sat the Ashborn in a meditative stance upon the floor of his chambers. Like it had for a while now, his mind was in disarray; visions of what seemed to be his past flashed before his eyes more often than he would have liked, interrupting his thoughts and actions. He had been trained in assassination by one of the best, yet how could he hope to accomplish such a delicate act with running the risk of having his mind giving up on him? It brought his thoughts to his beloved Queen, who he regarded above all other beings - she was his reason to exist, and should he fail to protect her from the killing blow his life would be forfeit. But now, another one had entered his life, opening the doors to further understanding of himself, yet simultaniously to futher insanity, it seemed. Little @[member="Sin Lykos"], the young boy discovered by his master on Coruscant and now being taught the ways of the Sith and the Force, had sparked further memories of old within the mind of the Ashborn. Pain mixed with understanding; the more he managed to make out of the images the more his inner, chaotic self tormented him, wishing the images gone for good. A vicious circle, one which was to either ensure complete understanding of his past, or utterly destroy him.

He had removed his protective shell, being his armour, and placed the inter-locking pieces of it to rest against the wall opposite of himself. He was naked once again after a long time, and all the soot and ashes trailed off of him whenever he would move about the room. Snapping out of yet another disrupted meditative session, his two glowing eyes lit up as he opened them. A quick glance down to examine his hands and forearms, their fiery-red veins visible through the layers of ashes comprising his entire being, made him regret waking up at all. As much as he wished to be out of his suit, to set eyes upon the monstrosity that was his true nature proved difficult. His hands falling back down to rest against his thighs, Thyrian lifted his gaze slightly only to be met by the cold, dead stare of the mask of his armour resting against the opposite wall. As the Ashborn slowly came to life after having meditated for hours on end - his body resembling that of a charred corpse when meditating, with no veins visible - he rose up from the floor just as his body was set aflame, with calm, entrancing tongues licking the immidiate area around him. His chambers had been secured to withstand any heat he could muster, but it was hard to say if even a normal floor would be set ablaze by the weak flames surrounding him. For now, Thyrian was in control, and he would not wish his master's ship damaged by the malice of his inner self. His back was turned towards the door, which was closed, but not locked.

Sin wandered down the corridors of the ship on the way back to his room. It had been a long day and the training had left him physically and mentally exhausted. However, it did not stop him musing over the mysterious Thyrian. He wondered to himself - as he had been doing a lot lately - exactly why the giant kept himself constantly covered in armour... It couldn't be because he was expecting danger, Sin reasoned, since he was sure no one in their right mind would attack such a massive being. No, there had to be some hidden reason for it. During his short time in this new life, Sin had come to view Thyrian almost as one would view a big brother and weren't brothers meant to share secrets...?

As he thought, he kept walking and suddenly realised he was almost at Thyrian's room. Sin stared hard at the approaching door and suddenly, on a random impulse, he opened the door and peeked inside the room.

@[member="Thyrian Ashborn"]

His back towards the unbeknownst to him peeking boy, Thyrian did not at first notice the draft created by the opening of his door. His mind was far too occupied by the events that had just transpired in his sub-conscious, and the lingering visions. His eyes was fixed upon those of his mask staring back at him, and he felt as if frozen in place. Eventually he stepped towards the pile of pieces of armour and snatched the headpiece from the floor in a hasty motion. Holding it up to his face, it felt as if he was staring down himself, judging himself. He felt an anger well up inside of him, but not one belonging to his other half; this surge of anger was his own, brought on by himself. His skin flared up for a brief moment as he threw the mask aside, watching as it crashed onto the floor without so much as a scratch dealt to neither. He felt his legs buckle under his own weight and was forced to sit down on the floor next to the mask, still staring at him with its big, dead eyesockets. He did not know what it was that at that moment made him turn his head towards the now slightly open door, behind which a young boy could be seen peeking inside. Their eyes met, and the Ashborn felt a cold shiver down his spine. "SIN..." he whispered.

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin stared at his friend, frozen in his place by a sense of horrified fascination. Whatever the reasons for Thyrian's constantly armoured state he had imagined, he certainly hadn't been expecting anything like the sight which had greeted him when he looked through the door... When Thyrian finally turned and saw him, Sin's mind practically screamed at him to run - and yet he could not move. In all his ten years he had never seen anything like it, and his eyes drank in every detail of Thyrian's uncovered face.

After what seemed like an eternity, his senses finally began to return to him and he backed away from the door slightly, mumbling in an apologetic tone: "I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't be here... I-I won't tell anyone, I promise..." It wasn't much of an apology but it was the best he could manage.

Stumbling to his feet with a surge of strength after having noticed the young boy, Thyrian only had to take a few steps to stand at the door. Now, more than ever, did he wish he could reach out and touch the little one, to let him know it's alright. "LITTLE ONE... YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO. YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG." Rushing back into the room to grab his two gauntlets, he quickly put them on so that he would not cause severe injury to the boy or the ship in general. Taking a deep breath he managed to diminish his flames into small, blue ones, as if a series of candles were lit all over him. His aura would not be harmful to be in, and one should even be able to touch him briefly without burning oneself. Everything to seem less hostile and menacing in the eyes of the young one. "I'M SORRY YOU HAD TO SEE ME LIKE... THIS." He gestured to himself, hanging his head as if ashamed. "IT WAS NOT MY CHOICE TO BE LIKE THIS..."

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin paused and looked up at Thyrian, his brown eyes still holding a small glimmer of their earlier fear but now filled mostly with curiosity. After a moment, the boy faltingly reached out towards the fiery giant, stopping before he touched the small flames. Sin briefly wondered whether it was painful to be covered in fire like that, and he opened his mouth - almost involuntarily - to ask before changing the question at the last minute. "Were you born like this?"

Lifting his gaze to set it on the small boy, he managed a slight smile. "I WAS NOT BORN, I WAS CREATED. I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OR MEMORIES OF HAVING A PAST." His reoccurring visions aside, he did not truly know they alluded to his past. So far it was naught but a hunch. "I TOOK THE NAME OF 'ASHBORN', BECAUSE I WAS BROUGHT TO LIFE FROM FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, FORGED BY... OTHERS." In fact, he still did not know who were responsible for his creation, and he wished to spare the messy details concerning his awakening which resulted in him exacting his vengeance on those present at the scene. Slowly he opened the door fully, and stepped aside to invite the boy into his chambers. The only lights were those of his own person, so he chose to remain close to the boy as he wandered further into the seemingly empty room. The Ashborn did not require sleep nor sustenance, and as such there was no bed or furniture needed for him to make do, allowing for a very spartan lifestyle. Once in the middle of the room, Thyrian sat himself down on the floor, crossing his legs all while keeping a steady smile on his non-existant lips. "NO DOUBT YOU HAVE MANY QUESTIONS, LITTLE ONE. I WILL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER THEM." A gentle inclination of his head towards Sin followed his words.

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin looked around the room, slightly surprised by the lack of furnishings, before turning his gaze back to Thyrian. Despite the fact that he was sitting while Sin remained standing, the boy still had to tilt his head up to look in the eyes of the giant. He clasped his hands together as he tried to think what would be the most sensible questions to ask, ones that wouldn't make Thyrian angry. Sin didn't much fancy being roasted, especially when his training was just beginning...Taking another glance around the room, Sin settled on a question that he imagined would be relatively harmless. "Don't you ever sleep?"

Shaking his head, his smile widening at the question, he sated the boy's curiosity. "NO, I DO NOT REQUIRE SLEEP, NOR DO I EAT." His life-force came from... other sources, after all, but he did not think the little one would need to know about his raging other self, keeping him alive yet also tormenting him, causing him pain from time-to-time. His armoured hand reached out to settle itself onto Sin's shoulder in a comforting manner. "YOU NEED NOT FEAR ME, YOUNG ONE. I AM SWORN TO PROTECT YOU, AS WELL AS OUR MASTER, KÄRA. YOU CAN ASK ME ANYTHING."

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin looked down, frowning slightly as his mind puzzld over the information. How could anything survive without food or sleep...? It was impossible. The longest he'd ever managed to go without sleep was 2 days. Well, one and a half, to be precise - he had eventually collapsed near a cantina and slept for almost an entire day. He could last a little longer without food but not without serious hunger pains. "I think you were made to be a fighter..." Sin muttered, unaware that he was speaking his thoughts aloud. "If you don't need sleep or food, and you can do that...flamey thing. Someone wanted you to be like...a destroyer..."

Looking down at the boy's hands, his other hand moved over to Sin's and gently wrapped his large fingers around them. He figured there was no sense in lying to the boy, not if he wanted his trust. "SIN, I WAS CREATED BY THE SITH ON A PLANET CALLED DROMUND KAAS. IT'S THE IMPERIAL CAPITAL. WHEN I AWOKE SOONER THAN EXPECTED, THEY PANICKED, AS DID I. THEY ATTEMPTED TO PUT ME DOWN, BUT I WAS TOO STRONG, TOO FRENZIED TO BE STOPPED. I..." Rather than go into detail, he decided to skip ahead. "...I FLED, BEFORE I WAS RECAPTURED AND PUT IN A CELL, NOT MUCH LARGER THAN YOUR OWN BED, AND LEFT TO ROT. YEARS WENT BY, UNTIL MASTER KÄRA FOUND AND RELEASED ME. I THEN PLEDGED ALLEGIANCE TO HER FOR ALL TIME TO COME." This was of course an abridged version, with no mention of Circe or the experiments he had to suffer through. "I DO NOT KNOW WHAT MY INTENDED PURPOSE WAS, NOR DO I EVER HOPE TO FIND OUT. ALL I KNOW - ALL THAT I LIVE FOR - IS TO SAFEGUARD OUR MASTER, AND THOSE CLOSEST TO HER." He stretched out his index finger to point it at the youngling. "AND THAT INCLUDES YOU", he said while simultaniously poking the boy softly in his tummy, hoping to make the boy laugh.

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin let out a soft laugh as Thyrian gently poked his tummy and he smiled a bright, genuine smile at his friend. "And I'll protect both of you too!" He nodded and stood as tall as he could, folding his arms and scowling slightly in an attempt to look threatening. "Once I get learned how to fight, no one will be able to defeat me! And I'll protect you and Kära from the Jedi and everyone else..."

Cracking a booming chuckle at the awe-inspiring sight of the ten-year-old Sin, the Ashborn kept poking his tummy to foil the boy's momentarily stoic stance. "THAT YOU WILL, LITTLE ONE. THAT YOU WILL..." As his laugh died out, he sighed heavily, his voice taking on its regular, serious tone. "AND YOU WILL HAVE TO BE, SOONER OR LATER." That was all he would say on the hidden subject of him maybe not being able to keep going for much longer. Either he would find out about the visions haunting him and die in the process, or he would allow them to torment him until he was little else than a rambling lunatic. Time would tell, although looking at young Sin this was all the time he chose to give to the momentary thought. One could not live in the past, nor spend their lives trying to predict the future. He would continue for as long as he possibly could, and he would not leave this world until the boy before him was ready, nor his master for that matter. Despite her reluctance to show it, she was still a little girl in Thyrian's eyes, both in stature as well as age. In a sudden, surprising need to speak his mind, the Ashborn said: "I WISH I COULD HOLD YOU, SIN. OR ANYONE, FOR THAT MATTER. TO FEEL THEIR TOUCH UPON MY SKIN, AND MINE ON THEIR'S. I PAINS ME GREATLY EVERY MOMENT I AM REMINDED I CANNOT DO SO."

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin blinked in surprise at the confession. Although, thinking about it, it must be hard not to be able to have any physical contact with anyone... Sin wasn't typically inclined to need contact with people, but he knew he would quickly miss having the choice if it was taken away from him. 'It must get lonely, being stuck in that armour all the time,' he thought to himself. No wonder Thyrian seemed so sad all the time. Looking into Thyrian's eyes, Sin quickly came to a decision. "If you were created...then maybe there's a cure somewhere." Holding out his little hand for the giant to shake, he looked at his friend with sincerity and fierce determination shining in his eyes. "When I rule the Galaxy, I'll help you get one. I'll cure you."

The boy again surprised him, to be given a promise so readily. At first he found it difficult to accept his offer, but he did not wish to upset him or seem rude, so hesitantly Thyrian took him by the hand and shook it slowly up and down. "I WISH IT WERE SO, MY BOY." That was all he had to say in response to his offer, choosing not to voice the many thoughts he had on his mind at that very moment. He doubted he would still be part of this world for another ten years, maybe less, but should there be a way for him to have the process gone through to create him undone, he wondered whether he would take on the form of a human, or none at all. Would he become just a pile of ashes upon the floor, or would he be given the chance to experience what he always wished for? It was impossible to know; there were no other cases such as his, and so little research could be found on the subject. He appreciated the sincere offer, nonetheless. "I THANK YOU, LITTLE ONE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT HOPE TO A WITHERED WARRIOR."

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin smiled brightly and settled on the floor opposite Thyrian, crossing his legs. He rubbed the side of his nose a few times thoughtfully before running his hand through his hair. Since Thyrian had confessed so much to Sin, it seemed only fair if the boy gave him something back. Searching his mind, he finally took a deep breath and spoke quietly. "Do you think I'll really ever be as good as Kära says I'll be?" It was something that had been plaguing him for a while, ever since he had met her back on Coruscant, and he trusted the giant enough to give him an honest answer.

Watching the boy take a seat opposite of himself, Thyrian could not help but marvel at the tiny size of the man-cub in front of him. He had never been of such a young age, or any age, for that matter; in fact, he had always been as he is now, with no difference in shape, size or age. How strange it would be to view the world with such young eyes, at such a short height. His hand was only big enough to reach around his one finger, and his feet were not even a third the size of his own. It brought a genuine smile to the giant-on-fire, the warmth eminating from him nice and cosy, like a campfire. The flames were small, slow-moving orange ones, reflecting the current mood. "YOU WILL IF I HAVE ANTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT, LITTLE ONE. AS KÄRA WILL TEACH YOU THE WAY OF THE FORCE, I SHALL TEACH YOU THE WAY OF THE SWORD." He extended his fingers and tickled the bottom of the boy's feet sticking out from underneath his crossed legs. "AND ONE DAY, IF I HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB AT IT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DEFEAT ME IN COMBAT."

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Giggling as he feet were tickled, Sin quickly shifted onto his knees and gazed up at Thyrian happily. Of course, with his new family training him, how could the boy fail to become great...? It had been foolish of him to allow himself to think otherwise. He would not make that mistake again... But to defeat a giant? A giant on fire? That would surely require a miracle. "No one ccould defeat you," he muttered, looking at his friend in awe. "No one would be stupid enough to attack you in the first place. You must be invincible..."

Enjoying the sound of laughter, as it was not something one such as he would experience much, he tilted his head to the side as he spoke. "SIN, I DO NOT FEEL PHYSICAL PAIN; I DO NOT EAT, I DO NOT SLEEP. BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME INVINCIBLE." He clenched his fist and held it up before his glowing eyes. "I CAN DIE JUST AS ANYONE ELSE WHO WALKS THIS GALAXY. I WAS CLOSE TO DYING ONCE BEFORE, UNTIL OUR MASTER FOUND ME AND GAVE ME NEW PURPOSE." Not willing to go into the subject of death in respects towards the boy, the Ashborn chose to change it entirely. Reaching out he gently grabbed hold of Sin's one hand and let it rest in his open palm. "SO TINY..." he said, as if requiring physical proof of its size. "I NEVER HAD A CHILDHOOD, YOUNG ONE." Lifting his gaze he settled it upon the eyes of the boy. "I ENVY YOU, TO BE ABLE TO LOOK AT THE WORLD ANEW, AND MARVEL AT ITS WONDERS AS WELL AS FEAR THE UNKNOWN."

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin pouted slightly and looked at Thyrian reproachfully. "I don't fear anything! I'm too tough for that." He paused for a moment and wrinkled his nose, staring at his little hand resting on the giant's. "And I've never been able to marvel at anything much, neither. I was stuck on Coruscant my whole life until Kära brought me onto this ship..." In fact, despite Thyrian's claims of no childhood, Sin didn't think they were much different from each other. They both had no family, nowhere else to go, no life. Except for the one they had found here. It was as much in common as the boy had ever had with anyone, and he was glad to have the connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom