Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Boogeyman [Sin Lykos]

His gaze was back at the tiny hand engulfed in his own. No words could be found to describe the fascination the Ashborn felt towards little things - tiny things in general, really - and as such his interest in young Sin was growing rapidly. Was this what bonding felt like; a feeling of wishing to know more about someone, sharing secrets and thoughts alike? To be honest, it was something the Ashborn could get used to. He could feel the earnest connection between the two just as the boy did, and through the Force Thyrian could sense the boy's thoughts and emotions. "YOU HAVE SO MUCH RAGE INSIDE OF YOU, LITTLE ONE. TOO MUCH FOR SUCH A SMALL PERSON, ACHING TO BE LET LOOSE AND ENACT VENGEANCE. I WOULD SPARE YOU THE PAIN IF POSSIBLE, MY YOUNG FRIEND." He sighed heavily as he continued. "I HAVE LIVED FOR A LONG TIME WITH THE STRUGGLE TO KEEP MY RAGE LOCKED AWAY UNTIL I AM FORCED TO USE IT AGAINST THOSE WHO WOULD HARM MY MASTER." His eyes took on the shape of those of a sad person, but without any real eyes to show his emotion, it proved difficult to say the least. "IT KEEPS TORMENTING ME, YET IT KEEPS ME ALIVE, SUSTAINS ME. WITHOUT MY RAGE I WOULD BE NOTHING OTHER THAN A SPECK OF ASHES UPON THE FLOOR." Raising his other hand to place two fingers above the boy's heart, he managed a sincere smile. "DO NOT LET YOURSELF BECOME RULED BY YOUR RAGE AND YOUR HATRED AS I HAVE. INSTEAD LEARN TO RULE OVER IT. SHOULD YOU MANAGE TO DO SO, YOU WILL PROVE YOURSELF STRONGER THAN I COULD EVER HOPE TO BE."

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin looked in Thyrian's eyes, listening carefully to the giant's words as he spoke. When he was done, Sin's gaze dropped to the two huge fingers resting above his heart. It was true the little boy was full of rage. But he had good reason: abandoned when he was barely more than an infant, no one to tell him that it was a gift to be able to move objects as he could, terrified every time he had felt any emotion beyond something neutral... Sin had lost count of how many incidents he had caused because he had no way of knowing how to control the power inside him. And none of them had ended nearly so well as the one which had led to meeting Kära...

But now, being here on this ship, he had become less angry than he'd ever been. Except for when Kära encouraged him to be angry, of course. But he had a new family here; his interest in his old one was quickly diminishing into a simple desire for vengeance. Justice for his abandonment. And after that... After that he would do as Thyrian said. He would conquer his rage. Maybe he would even be happy... Slowly wrapping his hand around one of Thyrian's fingers - even then it was a struggle for his little hand to wrap around it - Sin looked at his friend and gave a simple nod accompanied by a smile.

@[member="Thyrian Ashborn"]

The boy grabbed hold of his one finger, and so their connection was complete. This little one was now to be regarded by him as his own, and anyone who thought to bring harm upon him would answer to the full rage of the Ashborn. It was now set in stone, for all time to come. With a slow nod, the flames surrounding his head waving in the wind to his movements, the Ashborn rose to his feet. He took his time, as if having trouble in doing so. Once up, he raised his hand, thus also lifting the boy onto his feet. "THANK YOU, SIN, FOR INDULGING A WITHERED SOUL. YOUR YOUTH IS... QUITE REFRESHING, LITTLE ONE, AND I HAVE GREATLY ENJOYED OUR TALKS." He bowed his head before moving over to the pile of armour he'd left on the floor resting against the wall. He began applying the pieces of armour to his person, with less and less of the room being lit up for every piece. Once done, the room went completely dark, save for the two glowing eyes of his mask. Turning around he faced Sin anew, now fully dressed in his suit. "FEAR NOT, YOUNGLING. I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOUR SIDE. YOU HAVE MY SWORD-ARM." His hand placed onto the boy's head, he gently ruffled his hair.

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Sin watched as Thyrian put on his armour, and smiled slightly as the huge hand ruffled his hair. Then, without warning, he stepped forward and wrapped his little arms around his friend's leg, hugging it tight. Honestly, he wasn't sure if Thyrian would even be aware of the hug now that the room was so dark, and he was sure nothing could be felt through the armour that covered him - but nonetheless, he felt that after this talk and after his friend had made him such a promise, Sin owed him some display of gratitude; he wasn't used to displaying thanks for anything, but he had observed the people on Coruscant thanking each other by hugging them, so he used that. And Thyrian probably hadn't had much thanks given to him, he wouldn't know the difference anyway... Sin smiled slightly and tilted his head up to look at the giant. "And I'll protect you as well. I promise."

@[member="Thyrian Ashborn"]

The sudden embrace petrified the Ashborn at first; it was not 'normal' behaviour to willingly hug a monster, one who would more often than not scare away the young ones before he could even approach them, as if he was the Boogeyman underneath their beds at night. This child demonstrated an act of gratitude only the closest of friends would commit to doing, and in doing so he tore away a piece of the Ashborn's monstrosity. The boy... loved him. Him - no, it. As he proceeded to tighten his embrace of Thyrian's leg, the giant pulled him away before kneeling down. What happened then was something purely acting on instinct: Thyrian, the Ashborn, extended both his arms and pulled the little boy into his embrace. His touch, as well as his embrace, was very gentle at first; he did not wish the boy to come to harm by his metallic second skin, nor the great strength he possessed. As Sin responded to his hug, the man-on-fire slowly rose to his feet, lifting the ten-year-old up into the air. Making sure he youngling had a tight grip around him, Thyrian carried him off out of his chambers and into Sin's room, which as of yet hadn't become a child-like mess, though he was sure of it coming to pass sooner or later. Walking over to his bed, he slowly and gently lowered the boy onto the soft sheets and tucked him in. No words were necessary; they were brothers now.

The Ashborn remained by his side until he eventually drifted off into an entirely different realm - a place where dreams came true. With the boy asleep, Thyrian quietly sneaked out of the room, turned the lights off, and shut the door behind him. Perhaps... he was not as monstrous as he himself had assumed until now. Maybe, just maybe, he was becoming what he always wanted: a human being, capable of love.

@[member="Sin Lykos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom