Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Blizzard's Blight

A B O U T - A - W E E K - B E F O R E - B L O O D - D E B T

Equipment:

Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt

ojbKjGS.jpg

Testing.png

She was so happy her beskar'gam came with heating.

Gwyneira Craft shot a cable from her vambrace, waiting until the sound of it latching to a boulder rang in her ears. Peering through her visor, the Foundling continued to climb the side of the mountain. It was actually quite terrible weather. The heavy snow squall made it near impossible to see, even with her macrobinocular pulled down and activated. A spec of black moved against the backdrop of white. Her golden etchings were frosted over as she continued to climb the mount.

This was a far more remote mountain than the grand mountain range Kestri was known for, clear on the other side of the hemisphere. A little explored mount, ripe for challenge and training.

Near the mountain, her freighter, the Tauntaun, was nestled into the ground. Her droid, Mini, made sure to keep watch in case Gwyn was in emergency danger. So far, however, she was doing just fine. She climbed without a hitch, careful to check for loose stones, avoid unstable looking areas, and keep from using her jetpack. If she used her jetpack out here, right now, the wind could mess with her maneuvering.

The wind roared, howling within her buy'ce's speaker as she continued to climb.

She climbed.

Equipment: Sword, M.I. Beskar'gam Mk.1 M.I. 'Sunstroke' jetpack
Weather: Heavy Snow Squall
Tag: Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

enclavediv4.png

He did think of doing this for a while, well since he read the maps properly, it was to occupy him and keep him out of mischief because his last boredom-induced wandering caused a small but significant explosion, that was until he used a stylus or a marker to circle this mighty, yet lesser-known mountain. He only circles things when he was interested in pursuing them further. So, here he was at the fabled base camp, well that is what the bottom of a mountain was called by those wanting to climb it

Vulcan for his part wasn't the sort to be of great common sense, he runs into fights fists whirling like windmills. So a mountain looked like a very fun and very good way to seek a thrill. This was the perfect time to do so while there is a lull in the preparations to pick a fight with the EE. His Beskar'gam, the more well-fitting one, helped keep the cold at bay. He was reluctant to part with his aptly named Scrap'gam but it wouldn't do much for him here. A brief flash of ingenuity on his part.

The snow fell thick and hard, he liked snow, especially when he can chuck it at other people. So now back to the newest adventure, the big mountain, he will gladly tell his Alor, Shai about it. He did have a pillowcase with him, maybe he can put it on top when he gets there. It was white with a cat on it. It would be great for training, but, it can be useful to just give in to the temptation of just going up there for no other reason than he can.

Fiddling with his whip chord on his vambrace, he shot a cable up onto the nearest ledge and he soon found himself zipping into the air and well on his way to adventure. Wiping snow from his visor, he couldn't see much just large flakes floating around him. But that was all part of going off on an adventure.

W H E N - Y O U - L E A S T - E X P E C T - I T . . .

Equipment:

Testing.png

As she climbed, Gwyn's long white hair wildly flowed it the wind. She grimaced as she pulled herself atop a large bolder, using her boots' and vambraces' equipment to keep herself on top despite the howling winds. She looked back, looking down.

The view was magnificent. Having grown up on some sludgy dwarf planet, she had never expected to be somewhere so large, so beautiful… despite the cold and foul weather, she was coming to very much prize winter worlds.

It was then that Mini's voice broke it, grouchily yet hurriedly saying something to Gwyn. She blinked beneath her visor, pausing a moment before responding…

<<"… What do you mean 'another person is climbing the'-">>

She was interrupted when the sound of a loud clang caused her to look down. Indeed a grappling line had been slammed against her boulder. She hastily got up and doubled back as she recognized the line being pulled by its gleam and tightness. It was here that a fellow vod flew up and landed squarely on her boulder. Gwyn was a bit baffled, then annoyed when Mini smuggly beeped in binary, "Told you."

Gwyn raised her hands to signify friendliness while she dug her boots into the rock the two were camping on. She shouted above the winds to him,<"Greeting, vod. I am Gwyneira Krayt, of Clan Krayt.">

enclavediv4.png

Once the grappler got purchase on solid rock, and it was steady, up he went, not knowing where he was heading, all part of exploring, he'll bring home a rock or an icicle to Shai, or even not tell her, that's an option too. Brushing by some icicles he reached his destination. The whipcord held fast, he is not at risk of falling, because it will hurt at the bottom. He had a few accidents already. He enjoyed the view, but he did still have dim memories of grasslands and settlements, they were faded but still there. He had little memory before being cloned, joining a pirate crew, being adopted, abandoned by one Alor and then adopted permanently by Shai.

Then he realised he wasn't alone, up here there was another, but it was a friendly encounter, one that he enjoys best, well fighting was fun and he wanted to fight, it was almost instinctive. But today he's going to be less fighty and more amicable. She's noticeably taller than he was and like him, he was wearing Beskar'gam, a fellow Mandalorian. The wind made it hard to hear, even more so when he was half deaf, that was not a fun experience. Anyway, he turned up the audio feed so that he can amplify Gwyn's voice.

<"And, I am Vulcan Krayt, of Clan Krayt."> He replied keeping his voice amplified over the din of heavy wind. Was she a sister? Of course, they were of the same Clan. He was not here for a fight and his stance showed it.

Another Krayt? Beneath her visor, Gwyneira smiled. "Another Krayt!"

She pulls herself closer to the small boy and offers a hand to shake, "You're climbing too?!"

With the winds roaring like an orchestra of wild beasts, it was quite difficult to hear even with her buy'ce's assistance. She speaks to her astrmech, <<"Mini, find a cave!">>

It was only a couple seconds before Mini sent the coordinates to a small cavern. She turned and pointed to its direction. In actuality, they were lucky to see a cavern visible from their location, several small clicks up. She turned her head back to Vulcan, "Let's talk in there!"

Mini muttered a sarcastic "you're welcome" as Gwyn awaited his response.

enclavediv4.png

Vulcan gladly shook her hand, relieved he has found a Clan-Sister. He had to strain his ear to hear her over the screaming wind. he did catch what was asked, he wouldn't be here if he wasn't climbing it. Then he wondered if they could ascend together? Be the first two to get up there? He could then show is Alor what they did.

<"Yes, it's not been climbed before."> He replied cheerfully, voice straining to be heard over the wind, even with an amplification program. The snow did seem to be getting noticeably heavier, there is no sense in climbing up, but he had to smile, since when did he follow any common sense?

He is certainly benefitting from it now as Gywn had located a cavern above their heads, that should do the trick just fine, maybe get a fire going too because the sensors for air temperature alerted him to rapidly dropping temperature. He moved slightly back and shot his whipcord so it attaches to the outcrop. Nothing wrong with having a little fun, besides he enjoys having and being fun, he knows that he won't stay a teen forever, so he best make it worthwhile.

<"You bet, it's getting worse out here ... race you there!"> He chirped as he zipped towards the caverns. Hoping she follows.

"W-Wait a minute!"

It was too wild! The temperature was dropping rapidly, and the winds kept howling. Going too fast was way too dangerous! So why - he was already scaling the side of the peak.

She gritted her teeth, no time to think. She was not going to watch another member of her clan get himself killed. She stood up and shot her grappling cable into a firm chunk of stone. Then, she used her jetpack as she jumped off the mountain entirely. She was able to cling here with her cable, using the jetpack to propel herself upwards, towards Vulcan. She extended her boot, shooting a second cable to hang on while she refired her vambrace's cable. By now, she caught up to Vulcan. Using Force Augmentation to stay strong and keep balance, she pulled the chord and cooled her jets. She rapidly pulled herself onto the mountainside, just ahead of Vulcan.

She looked down at him. Her glare likely could be felt through her visor as she panted from the physical exertion she just pulled. "Vulcan! Don't! It's too unstable, and the wind could blow you clean off the mountain! I'm lucky I made it just now, and that was with Force Augmentation, kark it!"

enclavediv4.png

He was winning the race, he had scaled a good distance, he will get there before her. He will then celebrate his victory, but in his haste, he forgot to factor in the weather and its rapid deterioration. Nor did he think all this through. Vulcan couldn't hear her over the wind either so he didn't catch her exclamation of warning.

Common sense was not his strong suit at all and in his haste, he never considers the long term consequences of his actions. So, he clung tight to his vambrace as he was buffeted by the winds as he zipped up to his destination. He barely made it. He dug his boots into the stone to keep himself attached firmly to the wall.

Well, that was a fun trip and then he saw Gwyn in front of him, looking most displeased with him. Then the inner child within him flinched at her gaze, he felt it through his own visor. His inner child felt guilty, very guilty. So he dipped his head down like he was recently caught in a room full of napalm. Which happened once and only once before.

<"I forgot about the wind, and yeah I nearly got blown off twice. I'll never do that again."> He replied, suddenly very sheepish and ashamed.

Testing.png

A - F A M I L I A R - P A I N​

When the boy bowed his head in shame and apologized in an almost rehearsed sounding manner, Gwyn's anger subdued. Shame. Shame was a familiar feeling... She sighed, posture softening. Her entire life, her dominant emotions were shame and desire for love. Too desperate for love, too ashamed to believe she deserved it. She paused. As the winds howled, she wondered how to calm the boy's worries. Now, she felt guilty for yelling at him...

She did not even want to shout through the storm to apologize. He could misinterpret the tone. Instead, she just pointed to the cavern and motioned for them to climb.

The rest of the trip was thankfully slower, and Gwyn frequently checked over her shoulder to make sure Vulcan was doing alright. They finally made it to the gaping crack in the mountain, pulling themselves into the entrance. By this time, Gwyn was panting. The cavern was cool and frigid, coated with crystalline ice and adorned in jewels of ice cycles. The entryway was small, and this was far from some massive splunking endeavor. Gwyn was still happy to escape the roaring squal, turning her buy'ce's speakers down as she entered the cavern. The ice was so sturdy, it did not crack under the pressure of her footsteps. It was here that she turned to Vulcan and spoke, "Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

IceCave1.jpg6C9041EF-1ABA-4C70-A72F-46C597892B17Large.jpg

enclavediv4.png

The wind howled and the snow fell in sheets, covering Beskar'gam with fresh snow as they climbed up. They finally made it, the cavern was sheltered, and the floor was shiny with ice. The better news is, that it was quieter and they can talk without competing with the wind. Which saves his vocal cords from getting hoarse. Ubese are not used to having to talk louder than they can. His buy'ce helped with that.

This could be a good place to hunker down as a camp and then continue up. The shame was still there, he wanted to shrink slightly. For all his fighting ability he is still a teenager and it is his job to push the envelope across the patience boundaries of those around him. He'll mature, no question but he is only young once.

But he knows when to retreat when it gets dangerous, such as this. He nearly got himself blown down a mountain and killed. That's what brought him shame and embarrassment. Shaking the snow off and setting his pack down onto the ground, he made himself comfortable. He would poke the icicle nearest to him, he knew it would not survive the journey back, so he left it alone.

<"I was being reckless, act first, think later."> He admitted, brightening now that Gwyn was no longer cross with him. He pulled out the pillowcase and two markers, he carries a spare, just in case of emergencies.

<"I am going to put this on the top, so that anyone who comes this way can see that I climbed this first. Or we can both write our names on it.">

Testing.png

F I R S T !

Gwyn looked down at the pillow, smirking a bit. The first to climb one of Kestri's many mountains? She stepped closer, bending down and scooping up a pen. She sketched her name in it in fanciful cursive, a practiced signature.

GWYN_SIGNATURE.jpg

She nodded to herself and stood up, placing her hand on her hip with a smile, "Sounds good to me! Let's stop and eat and drink very quick, then we can be on our way!"

From one of the satchels on her belt, she pulled out two water jugs and tossed one to Vulcan before also grabbing some protein bars out. She looked to Vulcan and asked, "Want chocolate chip and peanut butter, or mixed berry and nuts?"

Weather: Moderate Snow Squall

enclavediv4.png

He spent hours beforehand practising writing his name in Basic, but he always got the Rs and the Ts backwards. He eventually got them the right way around, after hours of trying. He took his marker and wrote his name on it, aware he might have spelt Krayt wrong, he hoped not, but if he did that's okay, it's unique. Two signatures show Kestri that they made an ascent onto a mountain by themselves. So everyone knew them well.

tidied_writing.png

He found cursive easier and he didn't have to fuss over precision and letters too much as they both would be there all day with him making a mess of the pillowcase. Once done he waited for the ink to set before replacing it into his pack once more, safe from the elements and the risk of being blown away.

His stomach rumbled slightly at the sight of the power bars, he was hungry and needed food. He picked the nut and berry mix bar and took a bite, he did like raspberries, blackberries and Strawberries. They were an excellent energy boost on the go.

<"Well, it is a big mountain from where we stood at the bottom, and it may take more than a day."> He says after he pockets the wrapper, mountains do not need litter scattered on it. <"We should get far today at least.">

Testing.png

R E A D Y ?

Gwyn smiled beneath her buy'ce. She smirked. This would be a fun challenge for sure. Difficult, yes, but exciting. The training would be worth it, as well as the view. As well as the bragging rights. She had to eat first, however. She pulled her buy'ce off. Pale skin, pupiless eyes, and white hair with red dye at the front graced the cave with beauty. Despite the chill, she scarfed down her energy bar.

As she finished eating, she spoke. "This mountain has not been charted before, so we cannot rely on maps for safety. A combination of scanners and our own wits will be our primary guides. We have to be diligent and careful."

She reflected on how her connection to the Force would allow for a precognitive advantage as well. Her Force Sense was already something she was gifted at, despite little training in the Force. She hoped to Manda that her senses would not let her down.

The half Arkanian pulled her helmet back on and once again felt heat radiating through her suit. She was so happy for this option in the suit! She felt like she was warm and comfortable despite the outside elements. She smirked again, and the Vulcan there would be a hint of excitement in her voice as she continued. <"Do you want to rest more before heading out? Or do you already have your second wind?">

enclavediv4.png

Vulcan greedily ate his health bar, he even picked the crumbs off too as he refuses to be wasteful of food. The weather looked like it was easing off slightly, which is very good news for their ascent. Gwyn was right, as this was an unknown mountain they need all their wits about them. But this is also an opportunity to craft the map of their ascent and descent.

He had no force ability so he has to rely on his HUD systems more than ever and the weather can change very quickly. But he wasn't going to rush along with brashness and head first again, because he may not be so fortunate next time.

<"We can map it out as we climb, that way we can find a safe path to descend."> He suggested, re-packing his supplies and standing up. The window of weather calm may not be open for long. Kestri has been getting worsening blizzards lately and they can't afford to be caught out.

He was warm and comfortable in his Beskar'gam as the heating made the cold bearable. Still, he needs to monitor exactly how far up or down his core temperature will go and modify where necessary. Hopefully, they can get some way up before needing to camp again.

<"You bet, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." A pause and then, <"I don't have sails."> The figure of speech going right over his head.

Testing.png

R E A D Y !​

Gwyn chuckled softly as Vulcan answered the figure of speech with confusion. She smiled warmly beneath her buy'ce, packing up, <"Alright then, we set out now. Remember that my droid Mini is monitoring out location from my ship beyond the mountain, so we are unlikely to get lost. Furthermore, if anything happens and we need to stop, he'll be close by to pick us up. Right, Mini?">

As Mini muttered through her com channel, Gwyn finishing packing her stuff and walked out into the flurry. She adjusted her visor's vision settings to help her see better, then she turned to a good spot to start climbing again. She paused for a moment, then turned back to Vulcan. She reached for her vambrace and pressed some buttons, <"Oh. One more thing…">

She completely pulled the cable out from her vambrace, wrapping it around her waistline firmly before walking over to Vulcan with the other side, <"Perhaps roping ourselves together will increase our chances of not getting separated. Are you up to it, or would you prefer not to?">

Whether or not Vulcan agreed to it, Gwyn took his suggested course of action and the climbing began.

Testing.png

The climbing had started out just as well as it had last time. The wind and slippery sheets of ice made the going rough, but it was just obstacles in the way of the common goal. Gwyn made sure to keep a close eye on Vulcan as she climbed, helping him when he needed and being sure to monitor whether or not he was behaving recklessly or not. Meanwhile, Gwyn's muscles continued to steadily ache as she hiked and climbed. She stopped frequently to upgrade the holomap she was recording, but she knew fully well that her limits were still being tested. She had trained dutifully with her buir to be a skilled fighter and athlete, but endurance was still a weaker area for here at the moment. One of the very reasons she had chosen to set out on this climb was to improve herself in that area.

Soon enough, it was getting darker. Gwyn looked to Vulcan and called, <"We should stop for the night! Instead of just camping in the snow, I'll have Mini land and we can rest in the Tauntaun!">

Sure enough, Gwyn asked Mini and he swiftly found a stable place to land several parsecs away from their present location. Gwyn sniffed and pointed to a narrow hill where she saw the shadow of the Tauntaun descending. As the ship disappeared into its landing spot, Gwyn took off for the location, <"Follow me, Vulcan!">

They were on the last stretch of today's hiking.

enclavediv4.png

That's a relief because being lost is no fun, and he hoped to never get lost in the snow in his lifetime, it looked like a terrible way to go and he wants to grow up. Snapping from his morbid train of thought he had been eager to continue and the break in the weather is the perfect time to do it.

Without a single question asked, Vulcan took the cord, there is a risk that he could slip and fall off the summit or even on the way up. He will not be going up there without precaution he was too reckless before and he realised how close he was to being hurt or lost. His typical teenager attitudes nearly got him blown away, the wind would have floated him away and down a ravine or crevasse.

<"I am ready, I am always ready."> He chirped, jumping up and putting the wrapper into his pocket. He certainly not going to litter up here. Soon they were on their way. Vulcan did lose some footing here and there, he held his breath, composing himself, his heart skipped.

His behaviour was more manageable now than it was earlier, his gusto and overzealousness waned as they ascended. He took short power stops, he was not quite there yet in regards to endurance, he needs to train more in that area.

They made ground, they were higher now than they were before, Vulcan was tired and in his stubborn obstinate way, didn't voice this, he can manage. But his knees ached with tiredness, still, he pressed on. But now it was Civil Twilight, still light but not quite daytime.

<"Yay."> He replies running after Gwyn to their ship camp. They were going to make it and be the first to summit a mountain, well at least in this region, he'll be able to boast about conquering a mountain with his big sister.

Testing.png

msr4-jpg.19343

H O M E​

Entering the ship, Gwyn stretched and pulled her buy'ce off. She welcome the familiarity if her customized ship. The ramp itself had as much personality as the rest of the cargo hold. Little spray paintings and graffiti art of whatever; entire walls painted hot pink, purple, or cyan. The cargo bay was a bit of a mess. Boxes and containers were all stacked in corners and against the wall. Mechanical parts and accessories were sprawled across surfaces. Wiring was draped along the metal floor.

"Sorry!" Gwyn apologized as she stepped over a toolbox on the floor, "I'm working on a couple projects right now. And I've been training a lot, leaving little time to tidy up."

The hallway and rooms beyond the cargo bay were far cleaner. They also were spray painted with random doodles and art. The lights brightened the halls, giving them the typical white feel of shinier ships. Gwyn pointed to each room and explained their functions, then laid out the ground rules. "Feel free to do whatever you want and roam the ship. There's a small kitchen with all kinds of food if you like. My only rules are don't enter my own quarters and don't touch my projects. I'd also suggest staying on Mini's good side. My best guess is that he's in the bridge still."

She tucked her buy'ce under her arm and smiled at Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt , "Any questions?"

enclavediv4.png

Vulcan followed Gwyn and began stomping his feet to get the snow off his boots as it was impolite to track in the snow into someone else's ship, if Gwyn thought this was messy, she should see the state of his bedroom on Kestri and the Mothership. He would take his helmet off but, he would have to put it back 6 minutes later so he kept it on.

The snow was still on the threshold and nowhere else that may be a hindrance. Vulcan thought they were making good progress on their adventure and he was hungry. As soon as Gwyn said food, his stomach rumbled, he carefully stepped inside.

He wants food but he knew to ask first. He would never touch things he shouldn't, not any more at least because he got a serious telling off for playing with someone else's stuff, he had cuts all over his hands to add to his woes from his mishandling the thing. They were deep and left a few scars.

He made sure to heed Gwyn's rules as he is after all a guest and he wants to stay warm tonight. Again his hunger made itself known once more. Food would be lovely right now, he had forgotten to pack some sweet rolls, he had been thinking about them all day and as soon as he reached the base of the mountain, he realised he forgot to bring them. Ah, well, lesson learned.

<"Food would be nice."> He replied cheerfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom