Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Blackguard

(Set during the upcoming time skip)

Boiling lava spat from a geyser below him.

The young man had set his ship down on the only landing platform he could find. It was a few miles south of
Fralideja, the capital of Mustafar. Fralideja was one of the few remaining settlements on the molten planet, the planet which had once been a green forest world which served as home to a Jedi Enclave.

Caden had done a lot of reading on Mustafar, both during his time in the Silver Jedi Concord and since leaving. He had done the reading on how the planet was once a perfectly habitable planet, he had done the reading on how the Sith had arrived to exterminate the Jedi. He had read on how the cataclysmic eruption had destroyed everything.

It felt like so long ago since he had left the Silver Jedi.

Much of the reading he was recalling as he walked had come from his time there. He owned a lot to the Silver Jedi, much of his youth had been spent there. He was a different person now though, had trained under K Kaine Australis in the ways of the Mandalorians for so long. He was completely different to when he had left.

No longer was he the innocent boy. Kaine had sculpted him into a true warrior, a man of honor. He had completely fallen away from his Jedi training and while he kept his lightsaber and he still had the skills he had learnt while serving as a member of the Silver Jedi, he hadn't used them in ages.

He had left Kaine's side only a few times since he had arrived on Myrkr, since Kaine had put him through his paces. This was one of the few times he was doing something for himself, one of the first times since abandoning the Jedi Order, since his fight with his former brother that he was looking into something force related.

A group known only as The Blackguard were said to operate on Mustafar, a group of force wielders. The stories that Caden had studied noted originally, The Blackguard were once led by a man known as San'sii "The Kursk", a title that had been passed down ever since the days of a Dark Jedi known as Vulta Daanat. Caden couldn't lie, he was interested in knowing more about the group.

Unsurprisingly, Caden hadn't spent much time in Fralideja, he hadn't spent much time among the Northern Mustafarian people. The people were weird to him, wearing armor fashioned from lava fleas. They were tall people, skinny and completely different to those who inhabited the south, the area that Caden was moving towards.

All of the documents had been studied. The documents the young man had read suggested the Blackguard operated from the Southern Jedi ruins, the ruins of an old Jedi Enclave. It would likely be surrounded by the peaceful Southern Mustafarian people, shorter and stockier compared to their taller northern counterparts.

Caden hadn't anticipated to find trees on the lava planet, nor what he expecting to find tree-like rock chimneys that were billowing out smoke. He hadn't expected to find any life at all on the hot, corrosive planet other than the native Mustafarian people who had so clearly adapted to life on the planet.

The young man knelt down and looked at the Southern Jedi Ruins directly ahead.

Yenna Yenna

This was going to be a very fun mission, she just knew it. This was probably also her first official mission on her own and, while it did make her nervous, she was going to give it her all. Her mission was simple. Go to the ruins of the ancient Jedi enclave and document it's current status. Bonus brownie points if there were any artifacts or things worth studying that she could bring back. She knew Cas and Adrian wouldn't mind if she brought back some mementos from the place.

The planet itself was strange for her. It felt... odd in the Force. She knew what the Dark Side felt like when it came to people. But for a whole planet to be so overwhelming was a very new sensation to her. At least she was steadfast in her beliefs and she could focus on her task, enough to keep her from paying any attention to the place's mood. Though she had to wear actual shoes for this mission which was unbearable for the poor little Jedi, but it was better than burning the soles of her feet so she didn't complain. With the Jedi shuttle not too far away, she was happily walking along the rocky terrain for her next day of investigation. Her droid was on the shuttle, keeping an eye on the scanners but so far it didn't seem to detect anything out of the ordinary... then again, the planets' hectic atmosphere could be messing with them which was not exactly comforting.

Reaching the ruins once again, she stopped and pulled out a canteen from her backpack for a swig of water. The planet's hot climate was rough, but at least she could still operate in it. Returning the canteen to her back, she instead brought a flask to her lips for a small sip of brandy. She was running low, so every drop had to count. She wasn't looking forward to the day her supply runs out...

With her head finally in a zone, she had her droid play some music from her commlink as she analyzed the ruins, made notes and went about her work. She had made sure to get permission from the locals to operate in the area, though she knew there would likely be some passing through with their work. They were probably also the reason why she felt as if someone was close. She brushed off the feeling and instead pressed on to inspect the lobby of the ruined temple. She roughly managed to translate something of a secret entrance which was rather intriguing. She hoped she could get some more info on that before having to leave.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

The dark side was all over the planet.

Caden knew why, he had read the stories of two brothers who had gone through hell on a planet quite literally resembling hell. He couldn't help but think of the similarities between those two and between himself and Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei , the man he once called his brother.

The memories he and Okkeus had shared together still stung, but no longer caused him agony like they once did. He often found himself replaying them, wondering what had come of Okkeus after they had parted. It had been a while since they had come across each other.

Mygeeto was one memory he had refused to relive.

He adjusted his
Chase Edgewear T-Shirt. He had opted to leave the jacket, Mustafar was hot enough without a jacket. At his side lay his LPD-11 Heavy Blaster Pistol and his Lightsaber, a tool he hadn't used since leaving Mygeeto. His Theia Glasses were hooked onto his t-shirt and his wrists were adorned with the Chase Wilderness Chronometer (on the left) and the Chase Spymaster (on the right).

From behind the former Jedi heard a familiar beep and looked behind to see his faithful astromech following behind.
Chirp had been at his side through the entirely of his time with Kaine, had seen everything from Caden at his lowest to Caden at his peak.

Slowly, the young man pushed himself to his feet.

There was something in the ruins, he could sense something in the force. Multiple somethings actually, some lower than others. There was one something he could feel though, directly in front of him. It wasn't a something, it had a force signature. It was more like a someone.

Realizing that the trousers he donned were covered in dust from the ash covered ground, Caden dusted himself off and looked towards the temple ruins. Every single report said that The Blackguard operated from the ruins, he just needed to get to them.

He slid down the bank in front of him, sound of shoe soles scraping against the smokey, ash covered rock below him. He kept his knees bent, using the extension of his knees and the angle of his feet to control his slide and make it more controlled than it otherwise would be.

There were some perfectly placed stepping stones that allowed the young boy an easy path across the small lava stream separating him from the ruins. It was oddly convenient but Caden wasn't going to complain, it gave him an easy life.

Scaling the other side of the hill up to the ruins was another easy task, finding grab holes and foot rests and pushing and pulling with his legs and arms to scale the hill to the top. Once he was up, it was just a simple task of getting to his feet and dusting himself off.

He looked around and continued into the ruins.

Yenna Yenna

After a few more minutes of studying the ruins, she stopped and dropped her backpack on the stone floor with a light thud. She sat down on a stone and swapped in her datapad for her canteen. With a small sip she looked around with admiration in her bright golden eyes, curious to see what more she could learn from the ruins. She really hoped that the deciphering about a secret entrance was true. She couldn't recall ever reading about a secret entrance in the history records so a new finding or even some snazzy rediscovered artifacts would likely earn her some approval from the other Jedi. She knew Adrian and Cas would be pretty impressed.

Her thoughts were interrupted, however, when she felt a presence nearing her position. She took one last sip, grabbed her things and bolted to hide behind a pillar. Her small breaths were held as she peered around the pillar to see who was coming. It was... a normal guy. Well 'normal' being rather loosely used. His fashion sense was horrible but what really caught her attention was the lightsaber on his hip. Either the Order forgot to tell her that someone else was coming here as well... or this guy was not a Jedi. She watched him with curiosity as he walked through the ruins she was busy investigating. It was then that she realized her datapad was still on the floor where she sat. She froze up, hoping that he didn't notice it. If he didn't, she could easily use the force to bring it back to herself, but this guy's face didn't portray him as an idiot, despite what his outfit indicated. To make matters worse, a gentle 'ping' sounded off from the datapad which made Yenna only grow more anxious. She was supposed to know better than this with her experience! This was just sloppy from her end.

She carefully placed her bag on the ground and propelled herself up with the force, landing on the top of the pillar. She hopped onto the roof supports and quietly moved around to keep her eyes on the guy. She wasn't going to introduce herself until she knew what his intentions were...

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Chirp had made his way to the man's side.

Caden wasn't entirely sure how, he honestly wasn't going to question it. The little droid was resourceful and clever, he probably found a path of some description that Caden just hadn't noticed. Either way, the young man was thankful for the company of the droid.

The presence in the force he could feel was still about. At this point, he was entirely certain it was a person watching him. It didn't really worry Caden, as far he was aware it was just a member of The Blackguard watching him to make sure he wasn't about to walk in and slaughter everyone.

He heard a noise, a ping of some description. Almost instantly he reached out with the force, a datapad flying up into his hand. That was all the proof he needed that someone was about, and that someone that was about wasn't a member of The Blackguard.

Slowly, Caden placed the datapad down on a rock and looked around. He could still feel someone around him, still feel someone watching him. He wasn't an idiot, too trusting sometimes but not an idiot. Clearly someone was watching him and that someone wasn't who he thought it was.

"Whoever you are, y'wanna come out slowly? We're all on the same side here, I'm not here to hurt anyone. I come seeking knowledge, I come seeing The Blackguard. If you come out, we can talk about this and I might even let you get your datapad back"

He assumed whoever had left the datapad was listening. If the person trusted him or not was a different question, but he wasn't going to hurt anyone. If he was going to hurt anyone, his lightsaber would have been in his hand already, not clipped onto his belt.

Yenna Yenna

The stranger knew she was there. But his demeanor was odd to the little green Jedi. He looked sketchy, but his entire presence and voice didn't seem to mean harm. Regardless, she listened to what he had to say as she snaked about above him.

He mentioned a few interesting things. He mentioned something called the Blackguard. She had heard of the name somewhere before, but she couldn't recall it at all. He went on to mention her datapad which was something she definitely wanted back. So she decided to humour him. She leapt through the air and used the force to gracefully land several meters in front of him. She tugged at her robes to adjust them as she looked up at the man with curious golden eyes. "Humour you, I will. Though, that datapad, I definitely want back." she stated calmly as she looked him over.

A small smile appeared on her lips as she raised a hand to her chest. "Yenna, my name is. Who are you?" she asked with a friendly tone as she casually walked over to her datapad. She reached out and summoned it to her hand with the force, quickly slipping it into a pocket. "Looking for the Blackguard, you say you are? Who are they?" she continued, not wanting to give him any reason to attack her. Though she was ready to defend herself if he tried to pull a fast one on her.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Last edited:
Caden watched the little green creature slowly.

He actually hadn't expected anyone to answer him, he'd expected to continue being stalked as he ventured into the ruins. He'd expected that he was being watched and judged by whoever was watching him. It was starting to become clear that wasn't the case.

The young man had assumed that the person stalking him and watching him was a member of The Blackguard. He was again starting to realize that might not have been the case. He was starting to realize he might have just been caught up in someone else's adventure.

Slowly, his eyes followed the small green being as she collected her datapad.

Crouching, he listened as the being introduced herself as Yenna. It was a name he had never heard, a name he wasn't even sure if he should have heard. She certainly didn't look threatening, but Caden had learnt that size wasn't everything and small beings tended to pack a punch.

"Alright, I'll humour you. Name's Caden, sort of a freelancer in the galaxy. The Blackguard are an ancient order of force users who are believed to operate out of these ruins. I refuse to believe you didn't know that considering you're here"

He licked his teeth softly.

"So you're either operating with them or you're looking for them much the same as me. If it's the former, I'd quite like to know how to get to them cause I can very much sense them below us. If it's the latter, why don't you go on your way and leave me to my business?"

Yenna Yenna

The man knelt down which was something Yenna appreciated. Usually she would be craning her head back as if she was staring at the sky when talking to people. At least with this guy she could have a civil conversation with... though she had to admit that this guy was overestimating her knowledge of the place quite a lot. A nervous chuckle escaped her as he assumed away at her reasons for being in the temple. She kept quiet as he continued to speak, curious to hear what he had to say. When he was finally done she started to walk back to the pillar where she hid har backpack. "Nice to meet you, Caden. Honest, to be... with my business, you interfered with first." she quipped with a smile as she walked back to him with her backpack in her arms. When she reached a nearby piece of debris she set it down on the ground and took a seat, looking back at him with her glimmering golden eyes.

"Here to study the ruins, I am. The Blackguards... familiar with, I am not. While studying old records, only briefly mentioned, I saw they were." she admitted innocently as she rested her hands in her lap.

She hopped off the stone, dusted off her old robes and faced him fully. "So unfortunately, let you go alone, I can not." she stated as she slipped her backpack on and pulled out her datapad. "Document all findings, I need to. The Blackguard, that includes. Still alive, given we are, no harm, I'm sure they mean. So, to study them, I would love to." she proclaimed with a big smile as she looked at Caden.

She opened her notes and scrolled through it, looking for a specific piece of info. "Mention of an old entrance, I found. Only rough directions and explanation, I could translate. But better than nothing, it is." she explained before motioning for him to follow. "Let's go look for them!" she called out as she calmly ventured deeper into the old temple, eventually finding a stairwell that led down into another part of the place. "In the archives, some schematics I found. But not quite useful for us, they are. Find the mentioned areas, I couldn't." she admitted as she walked, igniting her green lightsaber to cast some light when the ruins grew darker. Eventually she grew tired and glanced up at him. "Hitch a ride, can I?" she asked with a smile as she pointed at his shoulders. "Don't worry. Quite light, I am." she continued as she waited for his answer.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

His eyes danced around the ruins.

He listened to the words that Yenna spoke, listened to her confirming her task. She had truly only visited the ruins to study them, she didn't know much of The Blackguard and their order. Caden was quite surprised to be wrong, she was genuinely innocent.

Caden couldn't deny he was happy to have the company, especially when she confirmed she was going to document The Blackguard and details on them. Plus, she had a point. They clearly didn't mean them any harm, if he could sense them they could sense him and Yenna.

The little green Jedi spoke of the old entrance that she had found, the rough directions at least. Caden couldn't help but agree that it was better than nothing. He didn't have any better option other than to follow the presences that he could feel.

He followed Yenna down into the bowels of the ruins, glad that she ignited her green blade to provide some light. The young man removed his own blade from his waist, yellow blade shooting from it to provide light of his own, allowing both to see.

Yenna spoke again, asking about a ride. Caden wasn't surprised, she was small and Caden was sure she would tire easily. He assisted her up onto his shoulders and spent a few moments adjusting to the extra (all be it, nothing heavy) weight on his shoulders.

He continued into the bowels, following both his own trust in the force and the vague directions that Yenna was giving him from her own research. His own research hadn't given him much more information on how to actually access The Blackguard base, he just assumed he was going to wing it and see what happened.

It took it's time, and lots of seriously awkward small talk before Caden found what could vaguely be called a door that lead down into the bowels. It was hot, getting sweaty hot as they went further down. He was impressed that Yenna had managed to remain on his shoulders.

"The decent into hell is easy"

Caden let out a soft chuckle as he continued down, feet pressing against every single step. It was a long way down, but Caden wasn't surprised. Why would The Blackguard put themselves somewhere they could be easily found by anyone randomly walking past?

Coming out of the narrow staircase into what was clearly a big arboretum was impressive though.

Yenna Yenna

Caden allowed her to climb on and she jumped onto his shoulders with grace, softening her landing with the use of the Force. She held on and wore a smile as they kept moving deeper into the old temple. Apart from directions she didn't say much to the man. Though after a while she began some small talk such as the issue with his fashion sense or what his favourite drink was. Finally they arrived at a stairwell that went even deeper into the planet. The heat was tremendous but she didn't complain. "To the cold, this I prefer." she commented with a gentle smile. "Though, an annoyance, these bandages are now." she admitted as she tugged at them a little around her neck.

Finally they reached the bottom and she hopped off his shoulders, pulling out her bottle of water once she landed. She took a small sip and held out the bottle to him with a grin. "Take a sip." she offered as she held her lightsaber up to shine some light. Once he took a sip, she started to pace around and tried to get a layout of the area. "Familiar, this feels." she commented as she glanced at him. "Treasure hunting, my master and I went. Similar to this, it was." she elaborated as she approached the walls and started to pace along it.

When she made a round and did one more in search of something, she finally stopped by Caden and sat down on the ground. Like a school kid she leaned back and used her backpack as a cushion while letting out a tired sigh. "OI! Black Guard!" she called out with a frown in hopes of getting their attention. But there was nothing. She looked at him again with another sigh. "Any ideas?" she asked him calmly. This was starting to look like a bad idea. There wasn't even anything to document other than the stairwell and the inaccuracies of the map. She made quite sure to document that. Rubbing that in the librarian's face was going to be fun...

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

"They're here, I can feel it"

He responded to her shout soon after she'd even called out for them. Shouting for them wasn't likely to draw them out of hiding. In reality, he presumed they'd felt the presence of the two Jedi and hid until they could be certain of what threat they both posed.

He paused for a moment to remember the walk down into the cavern. She'd commented on the heat and how she preferred it to the cold, unlike the Jedi Padawan who's back she was riding on. He was hot and sweaty and hated the heat with a passion.

Caden had carried the little green Jedi all the way down into the cavern and he was beyond happy when she offered him water. Granted it was warm water, but it was water none the less. He had used some to pour over himself to try and cool himself off and it had kind of worked.

Then they'd come out into the opening.

"Shouting them seems useless, they're probably hiding from us because they have no idea what to expect from us. We're as scary to them as they are to us, they might well think we're here to execute them or something, you know? Sometimes people are scared by the easiest thing"

He walked down slowly into the middle of the opening. He hoped his plan would work, he hoped what he was thinking would work or Yenna would be taking him home in a box or a bag. He really hoped The Blackguard weren't the type to attack on sight or he was dead.

"Honorable Blackguard, my name is Caden Evesa of the planet Corellia. I'm joined by Yenna of the Silver Jedi Order. We come seeking knowledge and wisdom, we come looking to learn from yourselves and study the knowledge you have collected over your many years of existence. We pose no threat to you, we aim to cause you no damage and if you don't want us here we will leave immediately"

The young boy slowly put the hilt of his weapon on the floor.

And watched The Blackguard step out from the shadows.

Yenna Yenna

Still sitting on the ground, Yenna looked up at him with curiosity as he spoke. She nodded in agreement, not able to see any argument to prove him wrong. After all, a person only stays this far underground on a planet this awful if they really don't want to be found. He then took a different approach and called out to them with a much more diplomatic approach. Yenna rose from the ground and slowly walked over to stand beside him. She watched with raised eyebrows as he left his lightsaber on the ground but ultimately decided to do the same. After all, a Jedi who was so dependent on their weapon to defend themselves needed to rethink their position.

Her twin lightsabers were rested on the ground beside Caden, a smirk forming on her lips as she compared their weapons. His hilt completely dwarfed her own which earned a quiet snicker from the little green padawan.

She took a step or two back and patiently waited with a warm smile on her lips, glancing around for any sign of the Blackguard. She could feel them around them but she tried to keep as friendly a face as possible. The last thing she wanted was for them to think she was some sort of enemy or spy. Finally they emerged from the shadows and the little green Jedi watched with interest as they neared. "Good afternoon!" she greeted them with a kind and gentle voice. "Padawan Yenna of the Jedi Order, I am." she introduced herself formally. Immediately she paid attention to their attire and behaviour, quickly writing down the notes on her datapad as she watched them. For safety's sake she tried to send the files to her droid but it wouldn't go through. There was no signal so far below ground. If something happened down here, the two of them were in big trouble.

"So... names, do you have?" she continued, glancing between the warriors surrounding them.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom