Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bane of Fresia (Subjection of Fresia, Open to OS, Others PM for Invite)

Sith Lord, Sage Bane, a Hand of the Dark Lord, and Sith Sorcerer, had some stock already sunk into the archipelagos of Fresia, an oceanic planet in the Fre’ji System. As Fresia was the home of the galaxy’s largest alchemical basin, The Blood Lake, Sage’s own Temple of Pain, an academy for Sith alchemy and sorcery, was proudly built on its shores. Soon humans and B’trillans alike would be put to work, building up the planet according to the Sith Sorcerer’s vision.

Basking in the glow of the One Sith’s current military successes, Sage decided to invest in some new projects on Fresia, and develop it into a proper Sith world. The Lord of Thorns had been spending more time on the planet in order to keep a watchful eye on his prized Temple, and he enjoyed his excursions to its many islands, so much so that he decided: Why not live there?

His grand scheme involved military garrisons, prisons, and slave pits, facilities that would oil up the Sith war machine. Sure Incom might not appreciate these military installations so close to their neighboring headquarters, but no one was forcing the company to stay on Fresia. And if they wanted to somehow benefit from the new developments, Sage was sure that with the right business advisor at his side, that deals could be worked out. Phase two would be a palace where Sage and his apprentices could live, putting him in close proximity to the Temple of Pain.

Secondly he would build a palace, a firmament of refuge where he and his apprentices could live and train. In his vision it was a veritable fortress with Sithspawn guarding the grounds and multi-tiered defenses and shields against bombardment from the sky. He only needed to bring it to life, and quell any rebellious Fresians that might not appreciate the yoke they would soon find on their planet.

Was this enslavement of the planet a blatant grab for power in the Core? You bet your choobies they were. But Sage wouldn’t be Sith if he didn’t snatch up as many rings as possible. Now if only he could remember where he put those Sarlaac spores.

Sifa Tirel

S
Sifa had never really understood the Sith. Oh sure she had joined them, she learned from them, she even found some of them to be most agreeable, but she had never really understood them. Some of their actions seemed odd to her, broken, as if their choice were not their own. Most of them claimed they did it for power, for strength. Perhaps that was the truth, or perhaps their motives were simply beyond her.

There was no denying that some things simply weren't within her realm of understanding, and maybe the Sith were one of those things.

That was the only thing she could think of as she watched them work, the only thing that she could ponder as she saw them conduct themselves upon this world.

It was inevitable, she supposed. The Sith would do as they pleased, they would conquer, they would rampage, they would dominate and enslave. In the end she would do the same, she knew that. Sifa only hope that by then she would understand why. Her eyes flicked up towards one of the statues in the distance, locking on to the strange stone face. Her lips thinned, and slowly she dropped her gaze down towards a Sith warrior within the courtyard.

She didn't recognize him, she didn't recognize any of them.

With time that would change, she had only been with them a month so far.

Fresia had been cleansed of a good chunk of its population, humans mostly, brutally rounded up and sacrificed to the alchemical basin colloquially known as the Blood Lake. Incomm and its employees had been left alone for the most part, after all, starship and repulsor technology exports were good for the economy. There were still pockets of resistance in the Coromon Islands, but the insurgents were currently being handled by the Legion Yun'Do. There was nothing like a good Yuuzhan Vong army to quickly quell a rebellion, and the Blood Lake could always use replenishing.

While the Legion Yun'Do bled the beaches, Sage himself was looking over Holoschematics in his private room on the second floor of the Temple of Pain, now covered in scaffolding from the rebuilding efforts. There were plans for prisons and military garrisons, as well as new defenses for the planet and its current and planned landmarks. After the Republic and the Mandalorians launched an aggressive attack on the Temple, there was a glaring need for new defenses. Sage had just gotten budgetary approval to move forward with new planetary shields to protect the planet from orbital bombardment, several tiers of them, in fact. Much like the defenses of Coruscant itself, the first layer would be a planetary minefield. The second layer would be the planetary shield, and the third layer would be rooftop turbolasers stationed on defense towers built around the most important Fresian facilities.

Perhaps Fresia would never be the fortress world that Coruscant was, but once the new constructions were complete, it would be a bastion of impenetrability.

Sifa Tirel

S
[member="Sage Bane"]​
She shifted, her head shaking.

The boy wasn't important, not really anyway. Sifa had a purpose here, one that called back to what she had done and found on Rhen Var. The freezing planet had been a small mission of sorts, a tiny grab for power that she had desperately needed to make headway within the One Sith. She was slowly getting noticed, slowly showing that she was worth something to the hierarchy, but it wasn't enough, it was too slow. Her ambition demanded more, demanded progress.

That was what she would have.

Her fingers reached back into the small satchel on her waist, her fingers wrapping around the small hexagon contained within.

Sifa smiled slightly, then pulled her hand free. She knew that somewhere within this Temple there was someone of note. Truthfully she didn't know his name, but she knew his position. That was enough for her, enough to set her on a path. Of course there was no telling what the response would be, but she hoped it would be favorable.

Rapax

R
[member="Sage Bane"] [member="Darth Mythos"]

Naga Gazed upon the halls of the temple he felt its power and might in the darkside and bathed in it. He came to learn and grow from its knowledge ...so why not join in the blood bath of taking this world .... The more power on this world the less chance the temple can be constantly ravaged. He had the intention of bringing this world to its knees and he was willing and able to do such a thing this planet was already theres ... so why not increase the grip abit more....

"Naga we are here at the Behest of Sage Bane... Behave..." He walked through the insides of the Temple and made his way into the main chamber with Naga beside him and prepared to strike should anything pop out of anywhere, Mythos was just excited to be near Sage Bane once again... The Good teacher, the Great Master. Once he entered he realized this was the bloody place where he fought Kezeroth the Beholder... his smile was a permanent grin as he stepped over the still not cleaned dry blood of the Giant.
Upon reaching the presence of Sage Bane Mythos took a kneel and his head looked straight down much like when he fought beside him so long ago in Mayferria. To him Sage Bane was his second Master of such, Ophidia was more often than not away doing her own thing and Mythos was more or less left to his own devices. Sage Bane However, was always around, always looking and always with his eyes on Mythos even if he did not actually tell him... He did not have to, He had no secrets from Lord Bane.

'Lord Bane... I have come at your behest Good Master. What can i be of service?" His voice strong but careful never to show Arrogance and Pompous Pride, The Presence of Sage Bane was not the place for it... unless you wanted to end up like Tristis Ray. "I am... sorry for my failure, had my spine not gotten snapped in the battle i would have stayed and fought to the Last man lord Bane..." His spine did get broken, to the point where he had to get evacuated from the Temple of Pain via Stretcher and spent 2 weeks in recovery to align his spine again. He hated being defeated... and even if he did fell the beholder when the Mandalorians overran this place he had to leave before they slaughtered him and everyone else... it was just the smart thing to do...
[member="Naga Itesak"] [member="Sage Bane"] [member="Sifa Tirel"]

Sage glanced up from his array of Holo-schematics when Darth Mythos and his presumed apprentice arrived. The apprentice was a man that Sage saw fighting at the temple, but he had not yet met. The Sith Lord knew his name, however. Sage knew the name of most who crossed into his temple.

"Darth Mythos and Acolyte Itesak, arise," he commanded, then crossed the room to unlock a cabinet containing a treasure trove of Sith-alchemized weapons. Luckily, the cabinet had been spared from plundering during the temple skirmish.

"For your help in fighting off the tide of Jedi and Mandalorian forces at the temple, here is a special blade for each of you. I made it myself out of Netharanium, an ore that changes color according to the mood of the wielder." The Sith sorcerer handed each one of the Sith warriors a Blade of the Satvas and grinned.

"How would you both like to help me with some experiments in the Laboratories today?"

Suddenly, Sage quirked a brow. His gaze panned outward, as if he was staring at a ghost. There was a strange shimmering in the Force, almost as if someone had brought an ancient artifact into the temple. It lingered for a moment and then it was gone. How odd.

[member="Darth Mythos"] [member="Naga Itesak"] [member="Sifa Tirel"]

Rapax

R
Naga rose and took the blade and held it in his hand, The blade changed from a silver color to a black color. He sheathed it and attatched it to his belt and gave sage a bow.

" Thank you for this gift my lord, And i would like to help with some of your experiments if possible."

He wondered if Mythos would join them naga was curios about the experiments of the sith and would enjoy observing and trying to learn from it him self.

[member="Sage Bane"] [member="Darth Mythos"]

the eyes on Animus Glistened with a golden hue as Sage gave them these tokens of victory. "My Lord I... Don't know what to say" He swallowed hard as it was not the gift that enthralled Animus it was the fact that Sage was Proud of his Battle and the way he had performed. "Yes My Lord, of course, we will help anyway we can"
He was more than excited now he was ecstatic, Another training session with a Dark Lord, oh yeah Mythos was pumped. Walking beside the Master he looked around at what the temple was... he felt angry that so much precious knowledge had been lost but if he could Help Sage rebuild the temple it would be a grand feat not only for the Sith but for Mythos personally, as he wished to be in the Temple of Pain and study within it's walls but he could not because until the moment it was destroyed he had been but an Acolyte and this place was barred to anyone but Knights before the construction, at least... the more important ones. "What will we be doing Master Sage, if i may be so bold to ask" His tone of voice with Sage was different than anyone else, it was the tone he used with Ferus and Ophidia, one of great respect and Admiration... again... it was a very smart thing to do not being Arrogant and Prideful around Sage... he was known to... be Brutal for little reasons, Fear and Respect go hand in hand, at least when concerning Lord Bane. He only could Hope Naga didn't say anything stupid... Force Help him...

@Naga Itseak [member="Sage Bane"] [member="Sifa Tirel"]

Sifa Tirel

S
She moved through the temple quickly. This place was an oddity to her. It reminded her of the myths and legends that had surrounded the Sith when she was a Jedi. They had told of elaborate monuments, massive stone arches, and hugely desperate construct that fulfilled the need of a display of ego. Sifa supposed that's what this was, a display of ego.

There was no doubt in her mind that the Jedi didn't do the same, though.

Half the temples she had stayed in had been massive awe inspiring constructs that stretched farther than the eye could see. The Former Jedi Temple on Coruscant had been something to marvel at, though admittedly its construction had been rather simple compared to some of the rising temples that she had seen among the Sith.

Perhaps that was just the way of the two Orders, to build something that the common folk would marvel at.

She shrugged slightly, twisting slightly as she turned a corner. The main section of the Temple was still a bit away, yet as she moved through the dark Halls of the Temple of Pain she felt an odd pulse at the small of her back. It felt almost like a plea, a cry of terror.

"Excellent then," he said, and then, further explained the task. "I'm going to refine the experiments I started on Obredaan during the occupation. I tested Sith chemicals on sarlaac spores with the hopes of making a new kind of sarlaac. An enormous creature, with a size that would dwarf even the Ancient Abyss on Felucia. I call it the Blood Sarlaac."

The Holo-schematics flickered off, shrouding the room in dim yellow light. Frowning, Sage gathered up some alchemical supplies from a bookshelf. "Unfortunately all of the subjects died on Obredaan, but I believe I've narrowed down the process to a successful formula."

Turning to face them, he grinned darkly at the two men. "Let's go make monsters, shall we?"

Making his way down to the first floor of the temple, Sage felt that distant shimmer again. Without a word to his students, he followed it all the way to [member="Sifa Tirel"], an unfamiliar Sith Lady.

"May I help you?"

[member="Darth Mythos"] [member="Naga Itesak"]

Rapax

R
Naga merely nodded intrigued by the thought of makeing this large beast and wanted to see it for him self. Perhaps he could learn by observations as he has had in the past but one can only hope... He followed [member="Sage Bane"] and [member="Darth Mythos"] until they stopped to meet [member="Sifa Tirel"] she was a curios one.... he kept his eye on her for the time being not saying a word unless spoken to.

"Well hello Pretty Eyes! Fancy seeing you here!" He smiled to [member="Sifa Tirel"] tilting his head and laughing in amusement. A welcome distraction from an otherwise tense situation. "I must admit master bane my knowledge of Alchemy is more than Lacking." Mythos admitted turning his attention back to the Good teacher pacing behind him rhythmically. "Naga this is an acquaintance i made in the Academy of Glee Anselm, don't let her looks fool you, shes deadly" His smile was one of wit and enjoyment of this predicament. Apparently he was the only one in the room familiar with the guest and had seen her in the battle of the Temple as well. "Saw her too at the Battle My Lord, however i cannot speak for her actions as i had not the time to pay attention." He said with regret, he just passed her by and another Lady as he made his way to fight the Beholder. "That was before the fall of Kezeroth and after it i found myself hunted down by Mandalorians... i underestimated them once... it wont happen again my lord." Mythos voice trailed off still beating himself up for not posing more challenge to the Temple as he was forced to make a tactical retreat. Still... Mythos was more than exited to see what would Become of this... experiment.

[member="Sage Bane"] [member="Naga Itesak"]​

Deep bellow the Temple of Pain sat Enoch, his legs crossed and his eyes closed. The Sith Lord Sage Bane had allowed Enoch to join him on Fresia. Apparently, the Dark Lord would be teaching students here, and Enoch was not one to pass up an opportunity for knowledge. Yet, at the moment, the young Acolyte sat in front of the tomb of an ancient Sith Lord buried their. He was meditating. Or, the Sith equivalent of meditating, which was sitting still, and mulling over the hatred and pain in one's life.

Enoch took steady breaths, feeling his anger surge through his body like a shot of adrenaline. Truly, that's what it was. Using your emotions to fuel your power. While not currently practicing any particular art, the dirt and pebbles around Enoch's seated form slowly began moving and circling him. He had plenty of pain, fear, anger, and hatred, and would let it all flow through him, inadvertently affecting the space around him.

Just so he didn't get left down here while the others were off practicing various Dark Arts, Enoch had been sure to send a message to Sage telling him his location. No doubt the man had lackeys to send to find him.

[member="Darth Mythos"] | [member="Naga Itesak"] | [member="Sage Bane"] | [member="Sifa Tirel"]

Rapax

R
[member="Darth Mythos"] Make no mistake Master, I have no intention of underestimateing anyone... iv learned that along time ago that even the smallest life form can look harmless... but that is only a guise to fool the enemy into underestimateing them and falling quicky when they learn that there is a deadly side to them. It was all Naga had said and it was true to what he said never judge a book by its cover.... for there would be a beast underneath that is far more powerful then they look. [member="Sage Bane"] [member="Sifa Tirel"]

Sifa Tirel

S
[member="Sage Bane"]​

She outright ignored there others.

To her, they were blind fools. One of them she had seen slaughter more than a dozen apprentices, the others she did not know, yet they were unimportant. She heard one of them call the central figure 'Lord Bane', That was enough for her. She knew now who she had to speak to, and from the tone of his voice she could very well tell who and more importantly what he was.

"No." She purred in answer to him. "But, Lord Bane, I believe that I can help you."

Sifa stretched her hand back, digging into the satchel at the small of her back and retrieving the small hexagon within. She pulled the item free as she walked closer to the Sith Lord, her back straight and her eyes set forward on the Hand. "I retrieved it from Rhen Var. From beneath the view of the Silver Sanctum Coalition."

She didn't feel the need to explain what the Holocron was.

The unexpected treasure that the woman pulled out of her satchel was a pleasant surprise. The small hexagon in the Sith Lady's hands was radiant with the Dark Side. Sage looked at it with an expression of hunger. Bane's thirst for knowledge, emphasized by his former Master Matsu Xiangu, was unrestrained. He held up his finger to [member="Darth Mythos"] and his apprentice, signalling that he would be just a moment.

"Rhen Var," he repeated. Sage racked his brain to see if he could unearth a nugget of information filed away about the origins of the Holocron. Ruefully, his military exploits left him less time for studying than he would have liked. He held out his hand, eager to feel the object in his pale slender fingers.

"I was just about to finish up some experiments in the Laboratories, but perhaps afterwards, you and I could attempt to activate it together in the Eternal Library. What is your name?"

[member="Sifa Tirel"] [member="Naga Itesak"] [member="Enoch Zambrano"]

Sifa Tirel

S
[member="Sage Bane"]

Almost out of instinct she curled her hand back and away from his outstretched fingers.

There was no fear on her face, no hint of terror or even weariness, but rather, a small hint of control. The holocron was a bargaining point for her, her only one in fact. If she gave it up now, she would have no guarantee of seeing it again, or gaining anything from taking it in the first place. The quest for the piece had been difficult, and Sifa was not eager to part with that.

The promise of later fortune was too vague for her, too unrewarding in the now. "You'll forgive me Lord Bane."

Sifa began, her voice contrite but not really in any way apologetic.

"My name is Sifa Tirel." She said as her hand fell to the side, holocron turning away from the Sith Lord. "And years among the Jedi have made me weary of promises of later rewards."

Sage's eyes narrowed. It had been a while since he'd been challenged by anyone other than a Sith Lord. Yet, this woman who he presumed to be a student, dared provoke him. She certainly had audacity. He wasn't sure if it irritated him or impressed him. Either way he lofted an indignant brow at Sifa.

"Fine," he acquiesced, his fingers clenching, a heartbeat away from raising them into a Force choking position. Luckily for Sifa, Sage had a soft spot for pretty young apprentices.

"I don't have time for games," quickly added Sage, eyes flickering to the precious object in her hand. Gesturing in the direction of the laboratories, he sighed. "I have students waiting for me. Take the holocron and meet me in the library in two hours."

With that, the Sith Lord whirled on his heel and headed across the expanse of the Hall of Sorrow to get back to his work in the labs. Apprentice Tirel would follow his instructions, if she knew what was good for her.

[member="Sifa Tirel"]

Mythos did little but thought much, He stood behind Lord Bane as they walked towards the laboratories inside this place which the darkside had claimed as it's own. The Temple was just as he predicted, this was the place of the Basin but something troubled you Mythos, something that he himself could not readily put his finger on. He nodded to Naga in approval of his statement and chucked slightly, not missing the remark as a testament to his... unnatural ability.
He ignored the Girls comments as best as he could but the remark of the Jedi made him Chuckle. Well you could not blame her...

Mythos finally spoke, a question that would lead Mythos to a path he would not turn back from... "Lord Bane, if i may be so bold to ask... " Mythos stopped walking and gazed at the horrific tortured remains of many test subjects whose faces attested for a long, gruesome and slow death. He shook the thoughts away and focused on his question, it was an ability he had scoured the entire Library of Glee Anselm and the Temple of Korriban yet found absolutely nothing... yet he knew it was possible and the knowledge was not lost... "Dwomutsiqa, an Ancient Scroll said to be lost. Is it truly? Have you ever heard of such a thing?... Demons of Smoke summoned by Sith lords that take the form of your enemies' greatest fear... " His voice strong but it trailed off in contemplation... true enough that this mission they were in had nothing to do with such an ability but he had no one else he thought of asking about this... Magic was not Ophidias' area of Expertise, Ferus was... Missing and every other Sith Lord or Knight shrugged knowing little or nothing about and those who did, would never teach... Bane, was different, Bane was Mythos' secret weapon, what the other Sith Lords barred Bane opened like a Book and in doing such he had earned Mythos' unquestionable loyalty... perhaps too much loyalty...

[member="Sage Bane"] [member="Sifa Tirel"] [member="Naga Itesak"] [member="Enoch Zambrano"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom