Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Assassin's Training

Zerrene stood outside Krayt Industries, the Sith's datachip in hand.
Was she ready for this?
With a sigh, the assassin entered the office, telling the secretary she was here to see [member="Darth Arcanix"].
Hopefully the offer was still extended.

[member="Zerrene Torran"]

Taeli was sitting at her desk, working her way through several reports from her engineers. Projects were moving closer and closer to prototype stages, and she was excited for the possibilities on what they would bring.

"My Lady, there is a young Chiss woman here to see you, said you are expecting her," the secretary said over the intercom.

"Ah, yes, send her up," Taeli said, leaning back in her chair and smiling. It seemed Zerrene had thought about the offer, and decided to accept. Oh how interesting, how very interesting.

"Is that so?" Taeli said, a small smile gracing her lips. "I'm quite glad to hear that you've decided to accept the offer. But, I must ask, what are you hoping to learn or achieve out of such an apprenticeship?"

She had to ask it would dictate how the training would go, not that Taeli would mind too much. If anything, if the training necessitated going new paths of knowledge and techniques, she wouldn't mind pursuing those at all.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Zerrene thought for a moment before responding.
"I want to harness my abilities. I've seen what the Sith can do with their power, and I want to be more than them. I want to be able to defend myself against Force Users, and not have to run. Essentially, I want to become a Sith."

"Then your first lesson begins now," Taeli said with a smile, standing up. "A fair warning, you are not my only apprentice, but I suspect that won't be a problem for either of you. Anyways, your first lesson is to learn the Sith Code, but not simply learn it, but to fully embrace the dark side, one must understand more than just the words. These words are the cornerstone to unlocking the true power of the dark side."

Pacing slowly around the Chiss, Taeli continued by reciting the Sith Code:

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. These words are the basis of our power, and why we are superior to the Jedi in many aspects. We embrace our emotions completely, but they can not rule you. You must rule them, and only then can you truly have more power than you could imagine."

Still walking slowly around her new apprentice, she continued saying, "As you told me on Avidon, you have a skill for combat and stealth. I sense you have a form of precognition that manifests itself in a sixth sense, a common trait for the untrained. We will hone that sense and your skills, and you shall become one of the most dangerous Sith in time I suspect."

The Chiss nodded, memorizing the words.
"Yeah, I have that sixth sense; something telling me about danger, or giving me a read on people."
She briefly wondered who the other apprentice was, but put it out of her mind; right now, it didn't matter. She may consult the Spynet, but that would be all her inquiry into the matter.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"And so, I want you to focus on that inner rage, the raw emotions that exist within you, and try and sense my presence," Taeli said, flicking her hand and the entire room was plunged into darkness. She focused on her Vong coral seed to make her presence incredibly dull to the senses, almost non-existent as she remained on the fringes of being sensed in the normal spectrum of the Force.

"You must command the Force to bend to your will, use it to reach out and seek me."

Zerrene blinked in the darkness, then caught on and closed her eyes, focusing on her inner emotion.
She went through what memories she had that made her angry; the collar, the brands, the scars, the fights, the way he touched Sally. . .
The Chiss boiled at the thought, and her anger spilled up, enhancing her sense to a level she had never felt; it wasn't quite . . .looking, per say, but something else entirely.
She found [member="Darth Arcanix"] in the darkness, and smiled.
"Found you." She muttered.

"An excellent start, but we have only just begun," Taeli said, moving away into the darkness again. She shut her presence down to the smallest she could and made sure not to move at all. She didn't want to make this too easy for Zerrene, but it seemed she had more control over her sense ability than possibly either had suspected she did.

Zerrene grunted in frustration as her Master dissapeared once more, and struggled to find her. It was then she had an idea: instead of focusing directly on the Force, she enhanced her other senses; she could hear her master's heartbeat, taste her on the air, and smell her.
She pointed directly at her.
"There. You're right there."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Quite impressive, Zerrene," Taeli said, allowing her presence to fully emerge again as the lights came back up. "Your control of your sensing abilities are already quite advanced, I suspect a natural aptitude to for them and I suspect that helps you in your work correct?"

Not waiting for an answer, she moved back to the desk and sat down.

"As I know you are busy with the Red Ravens, and I do not wish to interfere with those duties, you can come to me for lessons whenever you wish," she continued. She already had ideas of what she might employ Zerrene towards, and what techniques she would need to learn. "Of course, if you wish to remain here on Coruscant, that is your prerogative as well."

Smiling, she added, "My first gift to you is freedom from whatever chains you had left over you, I offer the freedom of choice to you. I shall be here whenever you require guidance or wish to have a lesson, I will not force you into a binding apprenticeship at the cost of what you do already. Only you may choose how we will conduct this apprenticeship."

Zerrene stared at Taeli. What did she wish to do?
"The Red Ravens are just clients. I do jobs for all kinds of people; from the Avidon Oligarchy to the Spynet."
She looked around them.
"I think I'll stay here, for awhile. Plenty of work, and I can get trained."
She glanced at the floor.
"I'll have to tell Sally I'll be away for awhile, but she won't mind."
The Chiss looked back at [member="Darth Arcanix"].
"Do you have a place I can stay?"

"You have two choices for quarters," she said, summoning one of the servants of the Sith to her office. "You can have quarters within the Sith Temple with the other acolytes or you can have quarters within the Sith palace, such as myself, because we are directly connected to the Voice of Sector V, Darth Praelior."

The young servant arrived, dressed in a black robe, waiting for Zerrene's decision on where she would want to go.

"Hylit here will show you to which ever quarters you wish to occupy, and will be at your assistance if you require anything," she continued, but she did need to address one thing. "Hylit here is not a slave, so you know, but merely too young to begin training as an acolyte and is instead used for other jobs around Coruscant until he is old enough to begin his training.

She nodded her understanding.
"I'll stay in the palace; I've taken out too many acolytes to ever trust them."
She bowed.
"Good day, Master."
She turned to Hylit. "Lead the way."

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom