Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The art of movement (Master needed)

Dressed in my robes, I moved into the Garden of Roan. Here I was to learn and prosper. Even though I had a lightsaber, it was a yellow color. something that I rather liked. Yellow was something that I liked about myself. It blended in with my dirty blonde, or light brown hair. As well as my Tan robes that were very nice, and ornate than most others. It seemed that they came from a different origin that the other ones, but it was robes all the same.

I walked in the hallways that were bathed in a light blue light. Seeing other students walk back and forth between classes and training tasks. I smiled as I passed them with a saunter. I moved into a sparring room that others would be trained in.

Walking to the side of the wall, I waited for the class about the Art of movement. maybe with these classes I could better my Lightsaber forms and then move on to become a Knight.

Veino stepped into the training hall, and surveyed the others there. One of the newer and younger cadets. Xander, maybe? Was that his name? He couldn't quite remember. He set his hat on a peg inside the door, and double checked his utility belt. it seemed to be in set right. He walked over to @[member="Xander Carrick"] and gave a friendly nod, extending his hand to shake.
"Hi. I'm Cadet Veino Garn. I don't think we've had a chance to really meet yet."

I nodded my head as a man walked up to me. he was most likely here, and was confirmed by his title of Cadet. I shaked the man's hand in return, "Cadet Xander Carrick, no we have not. I just joined a few days ago." Being the look of a man older than my age.

@[member="Veino Garn "]

Veino nodded, and returned the shake. "Good to meet you, then, Xander. Are you settling in well?" He hadn't, that was for sure. Habits learned vagabonding around were hard to unlearn in a stable environment. If a barracks could be considered stable. Oh well. He'd managed to adapt.
"Good to have you here, then. I take it you came for the movement training as well?" @[member="Xander Carrick"]

I nodded my head as I was asked the question, "Its okay, I am trying to get use to staying in one spot though." For the past few months I had been moving around in my ship, training in Shien with K, my proxy droid. However, I had been looking for places to learn, I found the Fel Imperium to be correct on the force. It was a tool that was to be used, not a side that one had to choose. and that was my make or break for me. Even though I was more suited for the lightsaber combat.

The man told me that he was glad that I was here, he was probably just trying to be nice, but it was all the same. "Yes I do, I'm pretty good with a Lightsaber but there is always room for improvement." I knew that some were a jack of all trades, and others were Lightsaber prone, or Force prone and so there may have been a mix of people in the room. For me, The lightsaber, and simple thinking was what made me a good fighter.

"Do you happen to know where the master is?"

@Veino Garn

Veino nodded wit a rueful grin, "That's a feeling I know pretty well. Pretty strange to have a real home again." He gave a small chuckle, "Ah...lightsabers." His face grew serious, and his fingers traced a line across his face. "Yes. Always room for improvement. And no, I do not. Perhaps it's a test that has us teach ourselves or something." He gave a small shrug.

Apparently there was no master here. When the thought by Veino came up of that we had to teach ourselves. I nodded my head at the proposition. "So you think we can teach ourselves?" it was a question that didn't really need to be answered. but was more so asked for clarification. I looked around to see other students moving around and training with one another. "You wanna pair up with me?"

@Veino Garn

Veino frowned, considering, and then nodded. "Yeah, we can try, anyways. And sure. How much do you know of using the Force?" That was always a key to helping someone learn. It wasn't possible to assume they knew as much as you did. So, starting at the foundation was best. He wasn't quite sure where Xander's skills were, so better be safe than sorry.

I knew enough of the force to just get by. I knew the fundamentals, and how it worked, but since most of my training was from a droid, I didn't have very much. Even other force users who I had met told me that I had a pretty weak signature. However that my be true, I knew that it would have to come up sometime.

"Just enough to know what I am doing. Push, and simple telekinesis." I was not going to tell him how I had visions sometimes. though I regarded them as just a waste of my time. Here, we needed to preform some sort of test. I thought it was like a one of them tests where they make you move past pillars and beams of light and what ever else. still, I didn't see anything like that so far.

@Veino Garn

Voroll walked into the area and immediately spotted the two Cadets before any surrounding them. They were already mid-conversation when he decided to take a stroll over to the pair.
"Am I late for anything?" He glanced between the pair, trying his best at introducing himself despite not actually knowing anyone around him.

Veino gave a small nod, "Ah, right then." He chewed his lip thoughtfully then looked over as Voroll joined them. He shook his head. "No, not really." He crossed his arms and considered them both. "I'm Veino by the way. Are you new?" He seemed pretty new. Maybe even almost brand new. He wasn't sure how much Force training this person had either. Teaching was not something he really knew how to do, especially something he was just learning himself.
He did a few quick experimental stretches. "Right then..."

"Yeah I am," Voroll began. He glanced around, once more, to the cadets around them who were either warming up or sparring or conversing between themselves. "I was told to come here yesterday but I've only just found this place." He finished.

After watching the warm-up stretches, that seemed more like they had been improvised than anything taugh through instruction and practice, Voroll stepped back a little; his ability to pick up changes in the emotional state of those around him let him know that Veino was becoming excited, if only slightly, to begin.

"I'm Voroll, by the way."

I smiled as a new man came up. Clearly he was new, but my new comrade decided to ask anyways. I couldn't blame him ether. Seeing that now he might be part of our group, I gave him a nod of welcoming "Glad that you could be here Voroll. I'm Xander, and he is Veino." I said while pointing to him.

Soon a single man walked in and started to gather some of the other cadets near us. I stayed where I was while the man talked. "The cadets that are here today, you will be learning about the art of movement. We have a series of runs for you to do. Choose one that you wish to do, then move on to the next one. Begin!'

Voroll flashed a smile towards Xander.
"Nice to meet you." His gaze lay on the cadets he was conversing with for only another brief moment before the Art of Movement was mentioned by an older voice behind him. He span around to see the other cadets listening intently before asking, to the pair in a hushed tone instead of out loud to the rest of the group.
"Are we following him, or...?"

Veino nodded, and turned to the rest of the room, chewing his lip, and scrutinizing others who had started the run already. He did a few more quick stretches. "You can if you want, I guess." He took a few slow breaths, focusing on the Force, and froze it, so to speak, in preparation for the run. "I'm not actually sure how to do this, but I guess we'll figure it out."

With the man saying to go, In the back platforms rose in different heights, sizes, and even angles. Opened on the sides of the room were lasers, if you were to touch one, it would give you a nasty burn, but nothing like how the lightsabers in the cutting of limbs. Some of the Platforms came out from the side, as though you were to walk on them?

A few of the other Cadets moved with joy into the different sections. Some made it, some fell, some were burned, and others were to scared to move any more further. I looked to @[member="Veino Garn "]and @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] and nodded my head.

"Lets do this"

Meta was as usual, late to the party. His cloak and armour were not with him, he needed as much manueverability as possible. "Sorry Im late." He joked as platforms began to move, including the one he was standing on. Meta went into a crouching position as the platforms began to move. With his augments and training hopefully the Art Of Movement would come easily to him. However, he hoped for a challenge either way. He studied the other cadets positions, eyes on them. He calculated their positions and the chance of them reaching certain locations through the constantly changing battlefield. "Let's go!" Meta cheered, a smile upon his face.

Adrenaline filled his body, Meta was ready to play.

@[member="Xander Carrick"]
@Veino Garn
@[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"]

Voroll stood still while the room around him transformed into something he had not seen before: a room with raised and lowered platforms, ropes and ladders for climbing as well as simulation rock walls. The cadets that were previously all in sight were starting their way through the obstacle course, while avoiding traps that sometimes were obvious and other times were not. Lasers were another aspect of this course. Lots of them.

He turned around to see if the two behind him were still there, hoping that they hadn't already started and left him to negotiate this maze of levels by himself.

@[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Veino Garn "]@[member="Meta"]

Meta charged forward into the maze. His trained reflexes and agility seemed to be unmatched by the others, he was flipping, twisting, sliding, leaping, dodging beans of lasers, scaling a wall in a few seconds. Throwing himself up a few metres, he narrowly dodged one of the laser beams, now. Launching himself through the air, he landed on a platform, his feet wobbling beneath him as the platform slit into four parts. "Woah!" Meta said, wobbling crazily. He decided as last ditch effort was what he needed. Leaping from one quarter of the parting metal platform. "Come on guys!" He cheered looking behind him. A smile on his face, then; there was a steep metal slow that led to flat solid ground. Meta pranced across the quarter platforms into he was close enough to touch it. Leaping forward, he got a footing with his hands and knees. However, lasers had erected on the other end and the roof of the course. Meta ducked low and rolled from the lasers, hurried trailing up the ramp as lasers followed. "Ooh ahh!" He chirped, the hot beans blasting a few inches from him leaving a hot burning sensation behind him.

Reaching the top, out of the sight of the majority of the laser beams, he took a moment for a breather. He was enjoying this.

Voroll spun around to check the company he quite possibly no longer kept. He discovered that neither of the pair were in sight, causing him to curse multiple times in a long-dead Esselian dialect.
Go! His mind shouted at him. Realising that at any point he could be struck with a laser and burned to varying degrees, he did just as his inner-voice had instructed him to do. Sprinting forwards, towards a raised platform with a ladder made of thick, tough ropes, until his path was intercepted by a young cadet who seconds after was downed with a shout by a brilliantly-red beam of light.
Leave him! Worry about yourself, not everyone else. He thought. For too long he did just the opposite of his inner-voice with the ideas that helping an injured person would get him further in life. In fact it had done nothing of the sort. Not many people were kind any more, especially those who were hurt. This time, from now, Voroll decided to only care for himself and only look out for himself.

The rope felt rough against his fingers as he ascended the raised platform. Surveying the surrounding area with a spin of his body @[member="Meta"] was spotted regaining his breath atop a platform just as high as the one below Voroll's feet. A scream of pain and a cursing shout urged him to jump from the platform towards a suspended bar from another platform. Although the grip was sure the tug at his arms caused pain. He dropped almost instantly before a laser burned the air around it. He lay on the floor while seconds ticked away, waiting away the pain in his feet and ankles, on which his weight fell onto. Luckily the bar had taken away the momentum from the leap, or he could have suffered broken bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom