Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The art of movement (Master needed)

Veino paused on the platform to heave the fallen cadet to his feet, and his strength surprised them. The Force was indeed a powerful ally. One that just warned him that the platform was about to break up. He jumped, and slammed into another platform, hands scrabbling for a hold before the other cadet grabbed his wrist and heaved him up. They exchanged quick nods, before jumping separate directions again. Veino paused, wincing slightly at the impact from the landing, breathing heavier than normal. Time to keep moving though. He paused a moment to resecure the connection to the Force, and jumped up to barely snag a rope with one hand. Slivers sliced into his palm, and he gritted his teeth trying to twist to stop the rope's movement. He used the Force instead to minimize it, and swung his other hand to grab it. He let out a sigh of relief. Much better.

Meta had regained his breath and moved forward. Leaping high into the air, he landed on a platform ahead of everyone else. This was easy, Meta dodged the lasers with ease, his reflexes and augments surpassed that of most of the cadets around him. Pushing himself forward, Meta was leaping from rope to rope, ignoring the miniscule pain. Meta was having a hell of a time, unlike his fellow cadets.

As he lay there, an image popped into his mind: a flash of light and a surging pain. Burning and slight crackling on his chest. The light was too strong to see what it was exactly, but he assumed it was the beam. He had the overwhelming feeling of moving before anything like that could happen to him. So with a roll to the side he moved out of the way of a beam that had only just made contact with the floor, scorching it as it made contact. He pondered on what had compelled him to move, or why he had imagined a laser burning him just before it did. But he didn't complain.

He moved quickly to avoid yet another laser beam, horizontally firing across the room. He turned just as he heard a scream of pain when a young cadet had been hit in the face with it. He could not help him; there were medical teams for such things. He rushed through a small gap that forced him to side-step at least three metres before coming out of the other side with a group of cadets running from various sides to avoid beams of the burning light firing from almost every direction. If it was the Force that helped him before, he hoped that it would do the same now.

Veino paused again to lift another injured cadet up before being prompted to leap, and a laser flashed beneath him again. He was getting more used to it now, and more open, so that he almost moved without even thinking about it. It just sort of happened. That was what he'd been missing on Togoria that he'd seen in knights and masters. Perhaps he might actually make a decent knight, which was something he'd been doubting lately. He jumped again, almost surprised at the action, and rolled at the landing, wincing as his knee landed hard and a bruise started. Focus. Always focus.

I watched as everyone started to move on ahead on the platforms. Each helping one another in passing. And I was not one to be left behind. I started after them. Running up the ramp platform ahead of me. as I was nearing the top, the ramp then started to change and tilt in the opposite direction. I jumped and reached my hands out to just grip the edge of the next platform by the nails of my fingers. I pulled myself up and started to run after the other Cadets. Only to feel a twinge at my right side. I stopped just in time for the laser to turn on inches from my robes.

The laser then shut off and I started to run after them again.
(OOC: sorry guys, I didn't see this thread until now)

Voroll's immediate reaction after spotting at least four cadets running past him in all directions was to roll forward. He did so to avoid two lasers that would have otherwise struck him in the side of the face and the arm. He stopped on his knee and took a quick glance around while another cadet almost barged right into him. A quick apology had been shouted by the cadet as he ran off. Voroll moved on, he sprinted towards a dip with a beam running across a large gap that had no other way across. The beam was thin and most cadets managed to pass it, but some were unlucky enough to be struck with beams and fall onto the cushioned surface far below. As demanding as this exercise was, failure did not warrant death.

He rushed across after seeing the cadet before him do so with ease. With arm outstretched his feet were quick and light. He had almost made it across: he could see the other side. His left foot had finally touched the other side and a searing pain raged through his right arm. He turned and could see the distinctive light of the beam. Only then had his brain realised what had happened and the reaction to the pain was an outburst of words that mashed themselves together into one. His hand recoiled from the heat and the pain, which left bubbles and blisters on the hand.

As soon as he reached the other side he fell to the floor and cradled his hand without actually holding it, as it pained him more with everything that came into contact with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom