Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 8 Habits of Highly Effective Writers

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The 8 Habits of Highly Effective Writers

This is a discussion about changing Internet Culture and Community Common Sense by gaining an Abundance Mentality. It is strongly inspired by the works of Stephen R Covey, including his literature 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. Comments welcome.

Introduction

To begin, I'm going to review Stephen's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and summarize their meanings. They are:

• 1 Be Proactive
    Take initiative in life by realizing that your decisions (and how they align with life's principles) are the primary determining factor for effectiveness in your life. Take responsibility for your choices and the consequences that follow.

[*]2 Begin with the End in Mind
  • Self-discover and clarify your deeply important character values and life goals. Envision the ideal characteristics for each of your various roles and relationships in life.

[*]3 Put First Things First
  • A manager must manage his own person. Personally. And managers should implement activities that aim to reach the second habit. Covey says that rule two is the mental creation; rule three is the physical creation.

[*]4 Think Win Win
  • Genuinely strive for mutually beneficial solutions or agreements in your relationships. Value and respect people by understanding a "win" for all is ultimately a better long-term resolution than if only one person in the situation had got his way.

[*]5 Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
  • Use empathic listening to be genuinely influenced by a person, which compels them to reciprocate the listening and take an open mind to being influenced by you. This creates an atmosphere of caring, and positive problem solving.

[*]6 Synergize
  • Combine the strengths of people through positive teamwork, so as to achieve goals no one person could have done alone.

[*]7 Sharpen the Saw
  • Balance and renew your resources, energy, and health to create a sustainable, long-term, effective lifestyle. It primarily emphasizes exercise for physical renewal, prayer (meditation, etc.) and good reading for mental renewal. It also mentions service to society for spiritual renewal.

Applying those to Fun

Next, I'm going to use my own perspective as a writer to attribute those 7 Habits to writing,

• Be Proactive, In having Fun
    We can all agree we are here to have fun. Free time is scarce and I'm going to maximize my potential by being active. As a Writer, I can succeed greater by taking responsibility for my own Fun Time. I'm going to be active, optimistic, and participate in Roleplaying as often as I can. I will be proactive

[*]Begin with Awesome in Mind
  • I'm here to have fun. That is my goal. But not just a little fun. I'm here to pursue the best Star Wars experience I can. This is my goal. This is my mission statement. I am not my character, I am not my faction. ...I am here to have fun. I am looking for the 'awesome' in everything I do.

[*]Put People First
  • I don't have unlimited free time but I do have unlimited choices. Who to write with, how, when, and why. My imagination is unlimited, my character list is endless, but I must understand that I don't have enough time online to do everything. Nor does everyone else. So I will put people first. I will manage my time, my threads, and my communications with respect. Real-Life is real. So I will always put people first and fan-fiction second.

[*]Act Win Win
  • Cooperative Writing is about cooperation. I cannot succeed without others. I cannot just Roleplay by myself all day long. So I will undertake at every opportunity to help my fellow writers. I will not criticize them, I will up-lift them. I will not abuse them, I will make their life better. I will not waste their time, I will invest it in having even more fun. When we all win. I win.

[*]Communication is Key
  • Communication is hard. The English Language is not a perfect transmission of thought, desire, or emotion. I will be misunderstood. But before I can begin to be understood, I must first make an effort to understand. I must see others as positive, helpful, and possessing priceless value. I must begin every PM with the golden rule. I must treat others as myself. I understand that communication is my key to success and unlimited good times.

[*]Roleplay, Roleplay, Roleplay
  • The best way I can Synergize with the community and Combine the Strengths of others, is to Roleplay. I will be unpredictable. I will try new things. I will get out of my comfort-zone, spelling-Nazi zone, and formatting-friendly zone. I will Roleplay in the weirdest, dizziest, and craziest ways; and have fun doing it too.

[*]Lifestyle Greater
  • Being a writer is only part of who I am. My online persona is just a fraction of what I can achieve. I am more than my Avatar. I am real, I have power, and my potential is as unlimited as my imagination. I will step away from my computer often and conquer real-life with a passion and a perseverance like unto Luke Skywalker. My writing is fuel, my time here is fun, and I will spend my creative energies on things that really matter too. I will life-style myself, greater.

Group Effort, Group Discussion

Lastly, I will say this. These are just the thoughts and opinions of one Drama-llama. Haha. You can do it better. You can say it sexier. And I invite you to try. So here's the Discussion,

• Q: What do you think should be the 8th Habit of a Highly Effective Writer? Explain and tell us why? :D

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
youre_serious_futurama.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom