Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That Escalated Quickly (Invite)

Amnell de Portiers

The Girl With An Expiration Date
Those six words made Amnell fell a bit better about the situation. Waves of pain were still rolling through her body, torturing her slowly. Though, just looking at her, you wouldn't know that she was living in pure agony. The girl just looked ill and tired, nothing more. She was doing her best to keep from crying, as the pain grew, and so far was managing that well enough. She knew she needed rest, and a moment to breathe before the medication really could kick in and she might just get a small bit of relief. Enough to bring her out of this torturous state.

"T-thank you." She spoke quietly, though there was a noticeable quiver in her voice. Just one more sign of the stresses and pains she was feeling, while doing everything to maintain her composure and not break down. She couldn't. Not here, not now when danger surrounded them both.

She managed to keep pace with Anja, or at least tried her very best. Sometimes, she'd lag behind a few feet before managing to catch back up. The need for rest was growing and it was almost a guarantee that tomorrow would not be a pleasant day for her. She'd pay for this much activity in a single day.

Lost in her own thoughts, and doing her best to keep herself together, she didn't notice what Anja had. Instantly she froze as she can in contact with the woman's hand. That action in and of itself have her on edge. Quickly she took a step back, next to Nine. Her eyes scanning every inch of the hallway. She said nothing, not a word. Knowing better in this moment than to speak. It just seemed like that would endanger them further.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja continued to make her way back, whatever danger she sensed it didn't seem to appear just yet -- or at least not in a form she could see or feel. There was no point for her to linger on the thought any further, instead she increased her pace slightly and continued down the corridor with Amnell at her side. The thank you came as a surprise, she didn't know how to react, she was visibly unsure about it but didn't pay too much attention to how she felt on the matter either. That was who Anja was -- someone who was always in the middle, never on one end or the other. She could stand up for herself but still wanted to be sure that no harm came from it...
Odd considering she's the leader of one of the most powerful galactic collectives with an army that essentially worships her.

[member="Amnell de Portiers"]

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell was getting worn down, with the quickened pace she ended up panting for breath as they went along. Her body simply wasn't going to take much more of this. They needed to get back soon, or at least find somewhere, where she could sit down for a little while. Further more that injection didn't seemed to be helping, which Amnell attributed to the stresses she was under. If at home or work and she took that shot, she would have gone and laid down to give her time to recover. Here she couldn't do that.

"I .. I can't keep this pace up for long." She said quietly. "I need rest, but I know we can't stop." The girl sucked in another deep breath, before reaching into her pack again. This time retrieving a prefilled syringe. "Though I have something, may help." Her voice barely above a whisper that time.

It was one drug she'd never had to use before, a specialized stim injection. One that was made with a combinations of medications, to make it easier to breath, opening her air ways through medication, doing the same to the blood flow in her body, on top of that an intense but quick acting pain medication, and of course with the usual energy boost that stims gave a person. Without missing a beat she lifted her shirt once more and jammed the needle into her belly and injected the medication quickly.

it took a moment but she could already feel a difference. Her lungs didn't ache as much when she breathed, and it seemed to take less air to get what she needed. The girl felt more alert and awake, which was seriously needed at this point. And her pain, melted away so rapidly. That made the most difference as she quickened her pace again, placing herself right behind Anja. "That will buy time. How long, I don't know. Never used it before." She said softly. Behind her, Nine seemed awfully quiet, which in addition to the strangeness of the situation really kept her on the edge.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja's right eye glanced towards Amnell as she injected some form of medication into her system, the subtle turn of the woman's head returned forward after briefly examining the procedure. Assured that she was fine, Anja continued to move towards their intended destination. Each footstep was perfectly measured, her pace was neither to quick nor too slow and her feet echoed softly off of the floor's smooth surface. Dangers were behind them and as familiar sights came to pass so did the feelings of alertness and caution.

Finally the trio arrived near the docking area, troops were still guarding its entrance when a technician approached.

The youthful male was tall and had a proud stride but bowed low in her presence, "The diagnostics test was completed, I assure you all issues have been taken care of." He spoke like a child asking for recognition and praise but did not stop to consider that people are not praised for doing their job. He maintained his bow, kneeling on one leg and refused to make eye contact of any kind with the Host Lord.

Offering no response, Anja walked around the man and ushered Amnell to do the same. From there she made her way back through the docking port and boarded the starship.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell sighed, giving such injections was not something she in any way enjoyed. And for those people in her life that had been stupid enough to ask her for needles, or drugs along the way the girl always felt like punching. It was hard enough to do it every day out of need, Amnell just couldn't wrap her brain around people doing it for pleasure.

Coming back into the more familiar, the brunette blew out a breath of relief. Already she was feeling safer and more comfortable. Also the agony she had been experiencing, so far was being contained by the emergency dose. With it being a stim as well, the girl felt more awake, and her senses sharpened as they should be. Well that or the entire events of the last few hours kept her keenly on edge and let the woman better able to react.

At this point, Amnell very much wanted off the space station and back to the relative safety of the ship, so there was no protest or resistance as Anja started aboard the ship. As they passed across the docking area the girl did have at least one question she wanted to ask. "What am I to call you?" It seemed an obvious question, very straightforward, "I just feel strange, not knowing what exactly you are called, or go by. Even just a title would do, something so I'm not going, 'Hey, you.' and pointing and waving as much as I can just to attempt to get your attention."

Moving on along, Amnell only watched Anja, though occasionally she would glance around her, to see what was within the ship, and where they were. "If it's possible when we get back to your room, to just get some food and maybe allow me to rest, that would be great. My body has some very acute limits. And it's been a long day." She said quietly.

The thought of how far they'd come in a single day, and where exactly they came from, actually nearly made her choke up. She was still terribly upset about the entirely situation, and for the most part, Amnell still wanted to return home. There had been so much, from her being kidnapped to the strange madness the people on the station suffered from .... to Anja herself. All strange. All so stressful. Her body was just so worn, and so exhausted that she had no desire whatsoever to resist the Host Lord for the moment. No, her body desperately needed rest.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja walked by her side, pacing only slightly ahead in a rather unnoticed amount of distance. She listened as the girl spoke, she always listened even if she never responded nor showed signs of listening. The Host Lord was not prideful, she was patient but strict and had a tendency to do things that annoyed others. Any formalities she showed were rare and only in the company of those she felt who needed such formalities. This wasn't a situation where being formal was something she must do.

"I am Anja, that is what you may call me." She kept her title out of the matter, they walked down the halls and towards the room. "Food and proper conditions for sleeping will be procure," she also responded to her second request.

By the time they arrived at their room, Anja's green robe that held under her armour was laying folded on the bed. It was a clear sign of relief and the commanding gait was dropped the moment she entered, clearly a habit of muscle memory. Without hesitation he once again quickly undressed; removing the Bleeding Sun uniform and slipping into the loose robes.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell nodded, Anja repeated within her mind for the sake of remembering. Though it was doubtful this was an event or person she could actually forget. Walking back through the ship, at this point Amnell was just too tired, too exhausted, and in far too much pain to really care beyond that.

"Thank you, Anja." She managed quietly, an arm wrapped tightly around her ribs with her chest aching with every breath. Amnell figured in the morning at least, much of the pain would have faded back to more reasonable levels.

Coming back into the room, Amnell cocked her head to the side, seeing the same behavior once more. Seeing her undress, the girl just turned away and walked to the chair by the desk, just wanting to sit as Nine followed close behind. Reaching over she laid a gently hand on top of his dome with a sigh. Nothing else really could be said at that point. Too tired to care where she was, too worn to worry, and frankly just not in the mood. After seeing what she had on the station it was all starting to sink in what a strange mess she'd been caught up in.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

After having dressed more appropriately for the relaxed comfort of her private quarters, Anja turned to Amnell. "The logistics for your sleeping arrangements will be handled shortly and food will arrive in a few minutes..." She finally spoke up, this time of her own initiative and in longer, more drawn sentences that seemed more casual but still retained a certain level of professionalism that probably wouldn't be missed should she choose to forego it all together.

This was new for Anja, despite what Amnell might think; of course The Primeval have taken people before but not in these circumstances. The Host Lord hardly conducted such tasks herself and she had never before taken it upon herself to manage such a prisoner. Thus the protocol involved was more or less improvised, her guards would never question the course of actions she took but some people in higher echelons of power would advise caution or disapprove entirely for that mater. So the question was "Why?" The answer was not simple, if there was one at all.

Until it became relevant, Anja would continue to avoid answering the specifics of the many questions surely swirling through the young woman's mind.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell lifted a brow as Anja spoke to her. "Okay." She whispered, as she shifted in the chair, drawing her knees up to her chest. With a sigh, the girl lightly rested her head on her knees, a much more defensive position than she'd taken previously. But she'd not been hurting as horrendously as she was in that particular moment. Even Nine for all his snark, seemed to be at least aware of this particular behaviour and chose to leave her be.

Slowly her eyes drifted shut, but this wasn't sleep. This was just trying to maintain herself for a little longer, when things were far worse than normal. Well hell, there was nothing about this situation that was normal. The kidnapping just compounded her stresses and problems into one nasty little ball.

When her eyes opened, they drifted instantly to the door, thinking about her options. It seemed escape was going to keep coming to the surface whether she liked it or not. Though, she at least knew enough to be aware that the second they were back in hyperspace, she'd be stuck for the duration of the trip. That and knew enough that the space station they'd just left behind was hardly a safe haven either. And well, she also hardly had the energy to mount an escape attempt.

Nine followed her gaze and whistled a resounding no.

"I wasn't going to. Too tired to frankly care or move."

"Good. Because I would have had to do something to prevent that foolishness."

"Oh, great. You against me, too? Awesome." She mumbled. "Why don't you go over there and be her buddy?"

"Only for your own good. Trying to escape now is a bad idea. And no, I frankly find that insulting."

Amnell managed an eyeroll. "It's far from the first time I insulted you. Now, if I admit you have a point will you shut the feth up and leave me alone?" Clearly more than a little irritated with the little droid, or perhaps just the situation at hand.

"Yes."

"For the rest of the trip?"

"Yes, smartass."

"Then fine, you do." After that she turned her attention back to Anja, just watching not speaking for a change.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

The starship undocked from Citadel Station and slowly drifted to the edge of the gravity well, hyperspace coordinates were already punched in and the strike frigate was ready for a jump to lightspeed. Due to the nature of artificial gravity, however, it was nearly impossible to sense that you were drifting through space. The concept of being on a starship was a difficult one to grasp but those who could sense the force felt the metal moving through the stars.

Anja didn't mind the quiet bickering between the girl and her droid, it was oddly comforting to have some sort of presence in the room. She was going to say something until the door slid open, two men brought in a military-grade sleeping cot and set it up in one corner and another set brought in a table with two chairs, a third final servant brought in food and drink which was set neatly on the table in a tray with utensils provided.

Just as quickly as they entered the servants left, the door slid shut and once again it was just the three of them. "Here's your food," she stated the obvious, "I believe it's all prepared in fashion native to Telos." That last bit was not so obvious.

Amnell de Portiers

For now Nine had gone silent, something Amnell was thankful for. Her eyes drifted upwards as the door slid open. For the moment she waited until they had set things up. She stepped over to the cot, slipping her back from her shoulders and setting it down on what she assumed would be her bed for the night.

She nodded at the mention of the food, slowly approaching the table. "Telos?" She hadn't heard of the planet, but there were so many in the galaxy. Sighing, she took a seat, slumping in her chair without care. Her will to fight wasn't gone, not yet. But for now it seemed to have taken a break from her. With a last sigh she picked up her utensils and started to eat, without care.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"The station we were just on, the world below it is Telos," she replied.

Anja did not eat, nor did she drink, it seemed that she lacked an appetite; ironic that the captor was the one who did. Instead she sat down at the table, across from her 'guest' and watched before focusing on her hands. The joint muscles were rather stiff and sore, the woman stretched her fingers and moved them intricately. It was a side effect of her magicks, they deteriorated her physical and even mental well being at times and it took rest for it go away. Certain side effects were permanent and she'd bear them for the rest of her life.

She was beginning to feel tired, it was night on Bastion which meant it was nearly time for her to sleep. For Amnell it might'e been different, Ossus could have a completely different time cycle than Bastion. She wondered on that for a moment. "How does it taste?" An odd attempt at small talk.

Amnell de Portiers

"Ah, I see." Amnell sighed. "I'm not really that familiar with this part of space, if I'm being completely honest. Never spent much time this direction. Well to be truly honest, I've never left Ossus, much. Visited Duros, Eriadiu, and Sullust and that's really it." She managed a shrug, though winced for her effort. Her life until this point had been fairly dull. Not what she really expected or imagined it would be. Then again it had all felt so safe and comfortable until now.

"It's good." She said quietly. Truthfully, it was probably reaching into the early morning hours back on Ossus. Amnell was more exhausted than she wanted to admit to, but adrenaline had kept her going so far, and probably far too much medication.

"If I may ask, what do you know of the Force?" Her curiosity was starting to rise again, despite everything. "I just .... I'm curious. I know you have it to some extent." If this was a situation she was going to be stuck in for a bit, Amnell figured the least she could do was try and gain some knowledge, some understanding of a few things while she was at it.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja had only spoken about the force in such style of conversation once before, long ago on Dubrllion before the world was in Primeval territory. Such a reminder humbled the witch who recalled how difficult things were and that her own Gods had blessed them with the chaos of trillions disappearing in the blink of an eye. She felt as if her army besieged the galaxy and the walls crumbled at the sound of their marching.

"It's a concept that people seem to argue over," she recalled her conversation with Soliael over the subject. "It's not worth discussing... It's not some living entity to fear or respect, it's a tool, an inherent power that some have." The woman continued.

"My magicks are my power and I use that power to further the goals of my people."

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell nodded, her eyes mostly on her food as she listened to Anja. A soft sigh followed as she set her fork down and looked up to the Umbaran. "I see." Another sigh fell from her lips. "It's just I've heard a lot about it. Never really understood it. And for a part I knew I had it to some degree."

Reaching up, she slowly combed her hair back from her face with her hand. "The first Jedi I encountered, turned me away. Said I was too ill, and never would survive their training. I didn't really believe that honestly. Felt like I was being brushed off as too much trouble. Maybe I am. I don't know." Amnell knew she was rambling at that point but hardly seemed to care.

"I think you are right, it's just a tool. But it's something I'd like to at least learn to use. Even if just in some small part." Not that she believed Anja would care enough to place any investment on her, or spend more time with her than she had to, to get the job done. With that she looked back down to her food and once more picked up her fork to eat again. "Not that I'm asking you for that." She said with a shrug as she began to pick through her food. Maybe in some part Amnell was starting to adjust to her reality, though she still greatly desired her freedom, and was still likely to take the first chance she say with reasonable odds of escape.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"When I was young I was told something," Anja began, "there's no use being special... Everyone is unique, we're all born with inherent strengths but also inherent weaknesses." The fact she was starting to open up was well... Off, she's never opened up to anyone ever. Not once.

"That you need to be as simple as you can be, to be one thing and nothing else. I am just a sacrifice for a cause that is beyond myself, I take the sins and the hate so that my people don't have to. If we kill a trillion souls that blood is on me, if a world burns it was my command, and if our enemies are enslaved or executed... That is my crime to bear. It's not about right or wrong, it's about doing what must be done so that others don't have to." Her face was devoid of anything, it was empty and numb.

"If you have this power I will train you," her pale eyes looked to Amnell.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell kept her gaze down, feeling like she'd just admitted some terrible sin to a stranger. To the person that had captured her and took her away from everything she knew. It just felt wrong. It was when Anja's last words were spoken, that Amnell's head snapped up to look at her, as she dropped her fork to the table belong, with it bouncing slightly off the plate before coming to a rest beside it. "What?" The girl blinked, surely her ears had played a cruel trick on her. No, I know I heard her correctly. She said she'd train me.

"I don't understand. Why would you do that? No one's offered me that before. No one took the time ... No one cared enough. Why?" Amnell sighed, before reaching up and rubbing at her eyes, trying to figure out how this made sense at all. She just wished to understand. No one else in the world had ever said those words to her, ever offered to show her how to use the gift she'd been born with.

"And I know I have this ... power, and the strangest feeling that it's one of the few things in the galaxy that might buy me a little more time." She said sadly. That was the one thing in life Amnell would do anything to have. To simply have just a little more time. For now, while she did feel the Force might actually save her, Amnell couldn't get her hopes up. Not now, not when they had been crushed time and again. It was too painful to hope for something that might never happen.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja sat in the chair, her silent breathing the only sign that she was alive. "Does there need to be a reason?" She asked.

The witch had many apprentices before and currently had two. They, like her, were not particularly strong and had a burden they carried. One was a disfigured drug addict, another a frail man who was no more than five feet tall, and she? She had her own problems just as them. It was for that reason she chose Amnell but she saw no need to mention it.

"You will accept, yes?"

It was a choice... Unlike her imprisonment, she was allowing Amnell a choice. It wasn't going to be easier, in fact it would pose a greater challenge on Amnell. So the question wasn't if she wanted to learn at all but whether or not she was willing to take on the risk involved.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell sat there for a while after Anja spoke once more. "No one else in the galaxy ever cared enough, never saw enough in me. So ... I only wondered why me? Because no one else would dare. It's ... just ... odd that you would offer. Especially under the circumstances."

Though she knew it wasn't a chance that was likely to ever come again. Here, she had a choice. In her eyes Anja had seen something in her. As for what that was, she wasn't sure. However, it did make her slightly more inclined to trust the witch a little more. "Yes, I will." She said quietly. As much as it shocked her that she agreed, it felt oddly right.

Briefly Amnell glanced back to Nine, who had been silent just as he promised. Only now did he break that silence. "Are you sure?" He whistled at her, "You can't trust her. Surely you don't?"

Amnell sighed, "Yes to the first. No to the second." Though she knew, and could feel it already. That simple gesture had gone a long way to forming the first threads of trust between her and the strange woman. Then she turned back to Anja, and pushed her plate away, finally done. Or at least no longer interested in food.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"I think it is a wise decision," Anja commented.

Perhaps this would become her most interesting apprentice yet, and the Host Lord could only wonder how the others would react to new competition for being Anja's favoured apprentice. Those thoughts went to the back of her mind, however, Anja clearly saw that Amnell was done eating and Anja herself hadn't taken a bite at all.

For a moment things were silent.

The witch exhaled, "It is time for me to sleep -- I suggest you do the same." She stood from the chair and wandered over to her bed, passing by the cot laid out for Amnell. Anja laid back on her bed and looked up, the ship's intelligence sensed when someone was laying on the bed and in time would dim the lights before eventually shutting them off entirely in response.

It was strange for her to have someone else in the room, yet it was oddly comforting too. She felt a certain sense of ease just by sitting and talking with her, to be able to release some of her thoughts and emotions to someone. She had never done so before, and even though it was barely anything it felt like she had removed thorns from her skin. For the first time since she could remember, she felt truly at peace but that feeling quickly faded away as she laid there with thoughts spinning through her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom