Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That Escalated Quickly (Invite)

Amnell de Portiers

The Girl With An Expiration Date
Amnell nodded. Though, she couldn't be certain it was entirely wise to accept training from the person who kidnapped her. Still, she couldn't pass up training. Not when she knew it was something that she desperately needed and so many others had passed on the opportunity to train her even a little. "I hope so." She said quietly, wondering what effect training would have on her body. For she feared the results would not be what she wanted and would actually end up costing her precious time off the years left in her life.

Sighing at Anja's words, Amnell slowly pushed herself off of the chair. A hiss of pain followed as she took the few required steps over to the cot. Grabbing her purse, she retrieved a couple of pill bottles, taking the much needed medications to help her get some rest with the agony she was in.

Finally Amnell laid down upon the cot, pulling the blankets tight around her as the room grew darker. Nine wheeled his way over to her, setting himself up to stand watch over her through the night. The girl spent a good chunk of time tossing and turning as her restless mind resisted the idea of sleep. So much had happened, so many things raced through her mind. A good hour passed before the medications finally kicked in, and the brunette finally fell into a restless sleep.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

A warm summer.

Predatory eyes gazed across the open plain near where the river bends, a herd of Iriaz grazed on the sweet honey-gold tall grass near the edge of the Blba grove. Rays of sunlight broke across the sky like broken glass, escaping the soft white clouds above. A low growl hummed under the sound of birds and Iriaz bellows, two bloodied paws pressed into the soft soil as the creature stalked its prey. A buzzard stalked the scene from above, the scavenger hoped for blood to be spilt that evening.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Ground shook violently and the Iriaz scattered, stampeding into the safety of their grove. The gaze of the predator turned to marching soldiers carrying banners, one of the masked beings approached with a gun drawn. Bang.

Anja awoke with a frightening heave, inhaling oxygen to the point where it bruised her throat and lungs but even before she could even realize that she began gagging and coughing up blood, several tears fell down her pale cheeks and the force roared within her; her soul crying out in torment.

[member="Amnell de Portiers"]

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell had only been in the lightest of sleep cycles and awoke to Anja coughing. Already before she even could really see what was wrong, within the force, she could feel something horrible had happened while she slept.

"Anja?" She asked, as she threw back the covers from her frail frame and rose from the bed. Amnell was quick to come the Anja's side, and even in the darkness she could see blood upon the woman. "What happened?" She asked as she gave a quick look, trying to find the source of the injury.

"You need help!" She said quickly, as she grabbed at the blankets around the host lord to apply pressure to the wound. Anything at all that she could do to try and help the woman. For she may have been her captor, but even then she didn't deserve to die for it. At least she had some experience in first aid, though admittedly it probably was not enough to deal with this situation properly. Still, she had to try.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja weakly pushed Amnell away, rising to her feet and stumbling forward until she caught her balance. As she had left the bed, the lights slowly came back on and blood was visibly pouring from her mouth and trickling down her torso and arm. The Host Lord slowly maneuvered herself to the desk, falling into the chair and breathing heavily as she continued to cough up bits of partially solidified blood.

The intense moment passed only in a matter of seconds but the trauma alone was enough to make it feel like several minutes had gone by, then finally things began to calm down as she coughed up the last bits and left a trail of crimson from her bed to the chair.

Her eyes looked up from her bloodied hands and to Amnell, now aware of those around her.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell only seemed extremely confused as Anja pushed her away. As the lights came up, seeing the amount of blood only left her more concerned.

"Please, at least let me help you." The girl said softly, as she slowly approached. This time she kept her distance, knowing you couldn't help someone that didn't want the help to begin with. So, she waited to see if Anja would allow it. And then there was the question that raced through her mind of how this happened in the first place. For now, she chose not to ask, not when Anja was still bleeding, it hardly seemed the time to ask questions.

Sighing she glanced over to Nine who gave a worried whistle in reply but made no move to join Amnell. Truth be told she had little idea of what else to do. It wasn't like they made a book on this particular subject.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja remained absolutely still for the moment, her breathing slowed and became much quieter and the lights slowly increased in intensity from dim to their normal state; allowing the eyes ample time to adjust. This was clearly an innovation for Umbarans more than humans, but it did support both species.

Finally she spoke, "How can you help?" Her usually plain tone had a slight undertone that suggested she was sincerely asking or perhaps lost in the matter entirely.

If Amnell could help, Anja would accept it, but she herself was unable to find a solution to her affliction. She doubted that this strange girl from a faraway planet would be able to help in that regard. Besides her dossier said she was an engineer, not a healer.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell still looked quite concerned as she looked over Anja slowly. A part of her couldn't stand to sit still and do nothing. A sigh passed her lips, trying to ease her stresses away. "I may not be a doctor, or a healer but I do at least have basic first aid training. It was something my parents insisted on. I at least could maybe help until you can see a healer or something ..... Please, don't make me just stand by and watch you bleed out." The worry quite evident in her tone as she spoke.

"I may not particularly like you, but you have had more faith in my given me a shot where others overlooked me as worthless. So I'd really at least like to try and help you. If you'll let me." Reaching up she ran a slow hand through her hair, hoping that the woman would let her at least try to give aid.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja was somewhat cynical, clearly the girl didn't understand what was inflicting her. Then again she also didn't know if Amnell somehow knew something she didn't; it was a silly thought considering everything. For a moment there was no acknowledgement, not a response from the Host Lord. Then the woman sighed under breath, followed by inaudible words too quiet to be picked up. She shifted herself on the chair to face Amnell more closely, there were no visible wounds, just blood and lots of it.

The witch tried to find the right words, the right reaction, but nothing seemed to come to mind. Every trail of words that she attempted to conjure became meaningless and dull inside her mind, she hoped that maybe if she just spoke that the right words would come naturally. When she tried, however, she merely stopped as her lips parted before losing her mouth again and exhaling through her nose. Again she remained silent and absolutely still, even the visible signs of life from breathing to blinking became unnoticeable to keen eyes.

Finally she shook her head slowly, "go ahead, do what you must." She replied to the young woman's request.

IF Amnell could help her, Anja would be truly grateful, but she didn't particularly hope for a miracle. Not from her, not from anyone.

Amnell de Portiers

Clearly Amnell did not know at all what was inflicting Anja, but she felt the pull to at least try and help. She couldn't see on the side lines and do nothing. Slowly she took a hesitant step forward, and then again. It was closer to Anja than she'd been before and in part the woman did terrify her.

One more step, almost there. After all the woman had kidnapped her, and still she was trying to wrap her head around that part of things. Taking a deep breath to steel her nerves she finally crossed that last small bit of distance. Timidly, nervously she took great care to search for any open wound, but after a while of searching found nothing but blood. No actual injury.

Stepping back, she only seemed quite confused. Her hands coated in a small film of blood, which she was quick to wipe away on her pants. "I don't understand. That doesn't make any sense. How can you wake like that, without a single wound upon your body? I ... I don't. That just ... doesn't make sense." It certainly didn't to her.

"I'm sorry." She said quickly taking a few steps back, feeling dismayed that she could do nothing for Anja.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"An apology is unnecessary, there is nothing you can do." It wasn't meant to be said for comfort, Anja's acceptance of her offer was just a courtesy--or maybe she just wanted the girl to realize on her own that there was nothing to be done. Anja herself was helpless in these regards, one of the most powerful witches in the galaxy was unable to even comprehend the nature of this affliction. What was a young, naive girl going to do? Anja shook her head slowly.

Slowly she rose out of her seat, the blood had begun to dry, staining her clothes and skin. "It's fine at any rate... Nothing to be upset about," the woman took a few steps towards her bed and stopped. Her mind began to drift off and she lost focus on everything around her, for a split second she was thought she was dreaming and had forgotten Amnell and Nine were even in the same room.

In troublesome times, most people either ignored their problems our struggled to escape them. What was the secret to conquering them? How did anyone walk away from their issues, overcome their fears, and free themselves from the shackles of convalescence? Looking down at her hands, red dots of spilled blood scattered across her hands, the dark red stood out against her fair complexion.

Once more Anja's mind drifted off again, thoughts became less clear and doubt began to take hold of her.

"You know, I once spent three years on a starship. That might not seem like a terribly long time but the world I left behind was beautiful... It was a paradise compared to the rest of the galaxy, there is so much lost among these stars and people conquer worlds without giving a second thought to what they've taken. So many are so ready to destroy something precious just because there's thousands more like it." She turned to Amnell.

"There are some who read reports of how many lives were lost and all they take from it are statistics--what they have left to expend and how much sacrifice they benefit from to be called a hero or victor when the war is finally over." Anja sat down at the end of her bed, "and here I am," she smiled softly. "Bleeding away and you come to my aid when countless suffer."

"We're so foolish," she muttered.

Amnell de Portiers

It still made no sense to Amnell. There should have been exterior wounds with the amount of blood that had been spilled.She managed a small nod, as her eyes dropped to the floor. For her part she felt a bit bad for being able to do nothing. That wasn't what she was used to. She always had the solution in her life before for people's problems. But then again, droids were a hell of a lot simpler than organic beings.

Amnell turned slowly and walked back towards her cot, only turning to look back when Anja started to speak. "People don't understand what they have until it's long gone, never to be recovered again." She said softly. "Most people, don't understand what they really have, until it isn't there any longer. Foolish and naive, yes. Natural? Perhaps."

She gave a shrug, "It's called compassion. I can't stand to see people hurting and stand by to do nothing. I may not be able to do much, but there is always something I can do, or at least I can try. Even you are worth saving. No one should have to suffer alone, or without aid." At that Amnell grew quiet and took a seat once more on her cot. There wasn't much else she really felt like saying in that particular moment.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"You really believe that, don't you?" It was almost thought provoking, perhaps that was due to the situation more than what the girl actually said...

Anja couldn't remember the last time she had met someone so idealistically kindhearted; it was a rare quality indeed. Yet somehow it was a quality that she could admire, despite how naive that was. Within Amnell she saw integrity, justness, and a strong will. Despite their reputation, those qualities were highly sought after among the Primeval--qualities of a leader. Could she lead, though?

That was the question; many had the qualities of leaders but few could actually take the steps to do so. One needed to be able to make decisions quickly and own up to their failures. Everyone following you was your responsibility, and if you couldn't live with their misfortunes then you'd inspire in them pessimism and hopelessness.

So who was Amnell? What future did this young woman have in the Primeval and where would she be in a year?

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell nodded, "Of course, I do. I wouldn't have said it otherwise." With a heavy sigh, she drew her knees up to her chest and lightly rested her head upon them. "I've suffered far too much, many times alone and without someone else there to get me through that. I don't want the same for anyone else, especially not those around me. The least I can do is offer a kind hand. If I can do more than that, why wouldn't I?"

Another shrug, "I've only got one life. A life that has a finite amount of time left, and a definitive end, already decided. I won't get a second chance, a second life. And it would be a waste, if I didn't use what time I had, to do the most I can for others. That way in my passing, people might forget the sound of my voice, the smell of my hair, what I looked like, but they certainly will remember how I made them feel, how I helped them move forward..... In that there is life. I'll live on in memory. What more could I really ask for? To not die?" She shook her head, "No. We all perish eventually. Few live beyond that moment of expiration." A simple desire, perhaps a bit naive but it was what Amnell truly believed. "So, if I can help, I will. I'll do whatever I can, for as long as I possibly can, until my body finally fails me."

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

So she was thinking about mortality? Her own, perhaps. "Death is a misunderstood concept... It does not mean you cease to exist, Amnell. Death is change, it's chaotic, but it's also transformation. When people die they become the foundation for the next lives; their actions will influence the future and thus the opportunities new life has. We are all inherently flawed, and only through a good, honest life can we achieve perfection in death." That is what Anja believed, it was in fact, what many in the Primeval believed--a concept of their religion.

"I wait for the Reclamation, when the stars shall give up their dead and all things will be remade." She spoke a common prayer, her voice little more than a loud whisper; enough for Amnell to hear clearly.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell nodded. What Anja had said, she didn't disagree with. It was however a little different than her own thinking on the matter. "It's a different way of thinking about it. I don't disagree. We are flawed, and an honest, good life ..... is what is required in either of our views to find what we each seek in death." She said quietly. The subject matter was one she didn't like to talk about too much. If truth be told, she feared the horrors that her own degrading body would bring to her before it finally took her life.

She gave an understanding nod to the quiet words. The young woman found herself sitting back and pondering those spoken words. Amnell had no personal prayers of her own, had no religion to speak of. And was unlikely to cling to any such thing until she was closer to facing death and the hell that came hand in hand with her growing pains.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja's breathing came to a steady, calm pace. No longer was she panting, and the heavy heaving of her chest relaxed as well, as if there had been nothing wrong with her. The bits of blood along her mouth was wiped away by her hand, drying on the pale of her skin. "Quite," was all she had to say in response; Anja looked as if she was still distracted, but who would blame her? Amnell's initial reaction to all this was as anyone elses. If someone started bleeding profusely with no signs of trauma, what other reaction could one expect?

So maybe the change in subject on Anja's part was appropriate, the Host Lord could no longer care about the consequences of her powers, or what physical harm they might inflict upon her flesh and mind. For now there was nothing she could do, but one truth remained; Amnell still needed to brought to Dubrillion. "We should be at our destination shortly," she said.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell's expression was quick to change at the mention of their arrival. A reminder she wasn't a free woman and this wasn't by any means an ordinary trip. Nervously she wrung her hands and glanced to Nine. A part of her wondered if there'd be any chance of escape once they reached the planet. Every last fiber of her being yearned to go home.

At the same time, Anja had offered her something no one else had. To train her talents. She could be something, perhaps even save herself if she took the opportunity before her. Still, that came with a price. A price she wasn't certain she wanted to pay, not with it being her kidnapper doing the training.

Amnell leaned forward for a moment and rested her head in her hands with a heavy sigh. She then, defensively she scooted back on her cot, and brought her knees up to her chest. From there she rested her head against her knees. This situation wasn't comfortable. All of it so odd, so foreign. While she could get along with Anja, and she had .... after she settled in ... Still she wasn't sure if that was something she was alright with long term.

"What happens when we get there?" She asked quietly.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"You'll be kept on the world, allowed to live in one of its cities and then transferred to our secure, underwater facility where you'll design and engineer droids." Anja gave her a lengthier explanation than the first time they spoke, this didn't mean she trusted her more, but she understood that Amnell realized it was futile to fight it... Or at least that is what Anja thought she realized.

Nonetheless, more truth in her words than earlier which would hopefully mean Amnell could at least respect the answer, even if she didn't agree with the outcome.

If she didn't? Anja wouldn't care much, but fighting against the idea would not warrant anything from the Host Lord. Even if they were getting along, that didn't mean the witch would be granting favours.

Amnell de Portiers

Amnell nodded. She understood, but in no way did she like it. "I'm assuming 'kept' means as a prisoner, yes?" Clarity, that she needed right now. Though the answer seemed obvious to Amnell now. Still hearing it aloud would make it more real in her eyes. As for the underwater facility, that she didn't want either, though there was little choice at this point.

Emotion faded from her face as she receded further into herself, trying to figure out how she'd manage all of this. If she'd manage all of this. This wasn't the outcome she wanted, but it was where they were. The chances of changing it, were slim to none at this point. At least not unless she managed to find some outside help.

Her eyes drifted to Nine, hoping he had some small clue of what they could do to get out of this. However, the droid remained quiet as she'd previously asked him to. If there was going to be a way out, she was going to have to find it on her own.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

"A prisoner is kept in shackles, you are free to move about the designated areas as you wish, and you will be offered greater comforts than you've ever had before. They're boundaries, not cells." Certainly that wasn't much of a debate, yet Anja wasn't arguing, she wasn't even trying to reassure the girl, rather she was just stating a fact in her book. Of course Amnell would disagree--anyone in her situation would, so it may have been useless to even say something like that.

Still, Anja had a point--a reason--for saying what she did. If Amnell was told she was a prisoner, that wouldn't make her feel better. If someone was told their hand was going to be amputated, they wouldn't sigh in relief even if they knew they'd die without the operation. Yet; if they were told what they didn't expect, it gave them an illusion of choices... That it was in her power whether or not she was behind bars or free to move about within the boundaries set forth.

In the end, at least Anja thought so, she'd choose boundaries over confinement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom