Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TGE Invasion of Fondor

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
So TGE is invading Fondor. Obviously this has huge regional security implications, and MANY butts will be hurt over this. Therefore, we're doing the same thing we did at Metalorn.

Assuming you've talked with leaders of either side, you are free to hire out to either side. TGE's begging IC for an alliance with us, Ashin made Ayden understand that he was fighting the Republic's battle for them - so, basically, we don't have a horse in this race. Spencer's battle meditating for OP, for example. Overall, I'd imagine most Fringers will take the chance to smush Fondor, but who knows. Suffice it to say, there's benefits to be gained on both sides.

Doesn't make sense to help OP. They just attempted to invade us. We should, however, take TGE's preoccupation with Fondor as an opportunity to pay them another visit and turn them into a vassal state. Neutral zones are for sissies.

Either that or press on to Eriadu. Personally, I like Eriadu, and I think it'd look great in our shade of yellow.

You guys are going about this all wrong, this isn't about helping OP, this isn't about helping the galactic empire. This is about my friends sending a message. We can be the bigger group and put aside small vengeance's like Omega invading us because we are the bigger faction. We can aid the ones who in a fight we'll enjoy beating while denying the galactic empire a foothold as well as a major shipyard. Fondor is ours and do we really want them to have their hands on it? I say no, we should for what is right and just aid the Omega Protectorate because it allows us to one send a clear message that we can even with a small amount of ourselves beat the might of the empire. Makes them realize that neutral zone is only there because we allow it and should we wish it they'll be under our control.

There's enough room for all of us. I see no reason to antagonize again.

Why not be diplomatic with TGE? Band together and yet have our separate identities? In the end that means adventure can be had, but no one gets distraught over it.

@[member="Anders Sivas"] - We're diplomatic with TGE - we've got a mutual defense pact with them. If they go through with invading Fondor, like I said, people are free to choose what side, if any, they'll jump in on. Granted, when I said that, my assumption was that most people would choose to back TGE for the chance to burn Fondor. Personally, that's what I'll be doing as Rave and possibly Ashin.

Bottom line, this isn't us committing to the invasion, and especially not committing to one side or the other. If we back TGE all the way, which'd be nice, the Republic will take it as an excuse to invade, guaranteed (also a new complication for our currently planned invasion of OP). So this is the compromise that keeps us from having to deal with that particular load of meta. If people want to stay out of the invasion, that's fine too. Basically, at the OOC level, we're trying to juggle everyone's needs, feelings, strategies and whatever, and figure out what the best move is. A lot's changed in the last two days, and not for the better ><

Lucrezia

Vong-formed Imperial Knight/Joiner drone/Imperial
Republic has no need to invade the Fringe or the space to do it. It wouldn't be tactical yet as they have their focus on expansion and preparing for the event. Really they already have a discussion for it and some plans in the works. Same as Valen, there will be teams, organized groups for it.

I feel that helping TGE would be the right move, the republic has a never ending witch hunt and they will attack once they get bored with these dominions. They will lose members and people and out of ooc needs they will invade something to boost activity. Those things being the more evil factions to the west

I'm not getting involved on Fondor, as it's not very clear to me which way of acting is best for the Fringe. However, we could go for a conservative approach. After we complete the Dominion of Javin, we can make a break for all of OP's Outer Rim worlds while everyone else is still scratching their heads. Bespin, Mustafar, Sullust and Malastare can all be hit from Javin or Tar Mordren. Let's solidify our power base in the Outer Rim, join with Moross, who are generally cool dudes, and then turn out attention coreward.

Alen Na'Varro said:
I'm not getting involved on Fondor, as it's not very clear to me which way of acting is best for the Fringe. However, we could go for a conservative approach. After we complete the Dominion of Javin, we can make a break for all of OP's Outer Rim worlds while everyone else is still scratching their heads. Bespin, Mustafar, Sullust and Malastare can all be hit from Javin or Tar Mordren. Let's solidify our power base in the Outer Rim, join with Moross, who are generally cool dudes, and then turn out attention coreward.
This, right here, is worth paying attention to. Our original Eriadu plan, as it were.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/20899-for-their-own-good-galactic-empire-invasion-of-fondor/
post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom