Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Testing the Waters

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps

Omen sat down on one of the park benches outside of the Enclave's SuperCommando barracks with a duffle bag. The Clone rubbed his eyes after waiting for an hour to get landing clearance. The Enclave wanted to keep this place a secret. It is only after he said that he had a package for Squad Commander Vizsla and a private conference on the other end of the line that he was allowed parking for his ship. Hopefully, the squad leader could aluminate him on the nature of the Enclave, and maybe in exchange, he could actually get the Silvers to give the Enclave some support. The Trooper got out a notepad and looked through his notes. It would just have to be a matter of time that Kranak Vizsla came out to meet him and he needed to be ready for the exchange that was about to take place.

Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

3oIWNfM.png

S U ' CUY!

Local Time: 15:09
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Primary Objective: Greet Omen
Secondary Objective: N/A
Equipment: Loadout 1 + Goran’s Stand (Backpack, Primary and Secondary weapons left in his bunk locker. Retained Westar-35c Particle Blaster Pistols.)
Tags: Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

tQcpQG0.png

The Alor’ad, clad in jet-black beskar’gam and fashioning a long black kama and a black pauldron over his left shoulder, walked out of the Kom’rk’s mess hall with two large mugs of black, smoking hot caff with a handful of sugar sachets. He liked to drink his caff with three sugars, but he didn’t know how Omen liked his caff, so instead of sweetening it for him, the giant brought some sugar with him for Omen to sweeten it to his own liking.

The giant mused as he walked past several vode in the spacious, well lit hallways of the Kom’rk, on his way towards the courtyard where Omen was waiting for him, as far as he was notified. Although he had never had the chance to go out on a mission with him during his tour of duty in the Mandalorian Covenant, the Supercommando was somewhat familiar with him. The clone’s outburst against Master Caltin back on the Covenant’s headquarters on Dxun came to his mind. Even though he lacked the context during the ordeal as he was busy filling out an after action report, he later put the pieces together after chatting about it with his vode that had witnessed the thing from start to finish. Harboring a disdain against the smug, know-it-all Jetiise was understandable. Hell, that was one of the reasons why he chose not to renew his contract with the Mandalorian Covenant. As much as he enjoyed their company in battles and respected their strength and prowess in combat, he could only take so much of their attitude. And he was a very patient man by virtue of his line of work.

He was curious as to how he managed to find his contact number, though. They weren’t close comrades, and barely knew each other. But that would not get in the way of getting to know each other, certainly not. The Supercommando was always happy to get to know another fellow vod!

The blast doors before him that lead to The Kom’rk’s courtyard opened upon its movement sensors detecting the giant, retracting into their housings to allow the Alor’ad passage into the courtyard. The Supercommando heaved a deep breath of Kestri’s cold air as he stepped into the courtyard. The chilling air pleasantly stung his lungs. He loved the cold, especially Kestri’s. It made him feel alive and at home. After taking a step into the courtyard, the Alor’ad stood there for a moment as he gave a brief glance at his surroundings to find Omen. Smiling underneath his faceplate upon seeing the green beskar’gam with heavy design influence of the millennia old Phase 2 clone trooper armor, the giant gave an upward nod at the Jango Clone seated at a metal bench, and started walking towards him. It was very intriguing to see such a specimen still alive and breathing almost a thousand year after the famed Clone Wars. He couldn’t say he met or heard of any other clones of his kind, still alive somehow, after so long.

The giant crossed the partially snow covered walkway towards the bench Omen was seated at, and sat across him as he put Omen’s caff mug on the table right in front of the clone.
<”Su'cuy, vod.”> the giant said as he reached for his helmet with both hands to remove it, after putting down his own mug of caff in front of him on the table. With a gentle hiss, the Supercommando’s helmet depressurized as he pulled it off his head and set it beside him on the table, revealing his scarred face. The visor’s white glimmer faded away into an obsidian black after being taken off.

“Want some sugar with your caff?” The giant asked as he raised his left hand, clutching the sugar sachets. “I didn’t know if you like to drink your caff with sugar or not. It’s unsweetened.” the giant said as he nodded at the Jango Clone’s mug. Whether he decided to sweeten his caff or not, the giant would inquire after a moment. “So… how’s the Covenant?” The giant asked after taking a big swig of caff from his mug. The sweet, hot liquid warmed him up from inside out.

UeJaBns.png

Sergeant Omen

Omen silently shivered in his beskar armor. He wasn't used to cold environments and Kestri's cold shook him to his bones. Even back during the Clone Wars, the 41st really only operated on worlds with a more mild climate. Thank the spirits for his suit's internal heating. At least this isn't Hoth... The Clone might not have made the trip out if it was.

When the former ARC looked up from warming his hands with his breath, he saw the hulking 7 foot giant of the man walking towards him. He still didn't know how Kranak had gotten as big as he did but eating his veggies was definitely not the only reason the Vod was a walking skyscraper. He knew little of the man during his time of the Conclave, only that he was one of many operators that he was among before he jumped ship to the Enclave of Roon. Omen had considered following him and still was, It was why he was here. As the Black Giant nodded in greeting and started to walk towards him, Omen raised a hand in greeting in return. <Su cuy'gar vod. I see you are still around and kicking Kranak. The galaxy is a lot better for it>

The Trooper chuckled as he saw the two cups of caf in the blockbuster's hands. <And I see you have brought the gift of life with you. How can I ever pay you back for such a boon?> Noticing the colossus trusted him enough to remove his helmet, he disengaged his own helmet locks and set the Phase II helmet with its dulling blue vizor on the table, nodding in the affirmative at the offer of sugar. He wasn't a savage like Shai after all. Offering his hand out for the sugar packets, he looked over the skyline of snow-covered skyscrapers just as a Flight of two Beringr-class interceptors rocketed past, their engines at full burn like they were showing off for the squad leader below. As one scarred face looked at another, the Clone could only smirk. "You've helped create something extraordinary Kranak. All this created in only a few months? Must have taken a lot of effort to get all this set upright." The old warrior was interested in how much preparation it took to get the Enclave government set up and how the government operated. Maybe he could help this little slice of paradise survive where its processors did not. "As for the Covenant... Mig's trying to keep it together but its hard to adapt to a new Jedi Grand Master and their new policies. Most of the members are either diving into the woodwork to wait out this change in government or like you are leaving Silver space entirely to come here or go to Alor Taozi Fuyuan's slice of the EE. I might be next to think about it so here am I." As Omen gripped the black caf in his armored hand to keep it warm, he wondered what the Squad Leader might say about his little slice of the galaxy. Hopefully, it would be enough to convenience the Clone to move some of his operations here and give the Silver's all they needed to know about their new neighbor.

Last edited:
3oIWNfM.png

S U ' C U Y !

Local Time: 15:11
Equipment: Loadout 1 + Goran’s Stand (Backpack, Primary and Secondary weapons left in his bunk locker. Retained Westar 35C Particle Blaster Pistols.)

tQcpQG0.png

<Su cuy’gar vod. I see you are still around and kicking Kranak. The galaxy is a lot better for it.>

To Omen’s greeting, the Alor’ad would grin behind his mug in silence as he took a big swig of hot caff. Sure, the galaxy became a better place with each scumbag that was unfortunate enough to end up in his sights, but the Karjr played a bigger role in that than a Si’kahya Alor’ad would. The Karjr’s specialization was to bring criminals, the scum of the galaxy, into justice and see to it that they paid for their crimes. The Si’kahya on the other hand, took a wide range of missions. They were often called upon when more traditional Mandalorian units wouldn’t do the trick.

<And I see you have brought the gift of life with you. How can I ever pay you back for such a boon?>

Omen said as he removed his own helmet and set his buy’ce aside, revealing his face. It was equally as scarred as that of the giant’s. He was a seasoned warrior like him, after all. It takes one to know one. "A simple, nice chat would suffice, ner vod." The giant would answer in return for his kind gesture.

Accepting Kranak’s offer for some sugar, he gave the ancient Fett Clone the sugar sachets he held in his grasp. The Clone looked over at the spires of the city of Tor Valum over in the distance, as two
Beringr-class Interceptors flying in formation flew past over The Kom’rk. The giant looked up with a large grin on his face as several other Mandalorians resting all around the courtyard turned their gaze to the skies, watching the Interceptors fly graciously. They were probably on an administrative flight. As much as they trained in the simulations, actually flying the ship they were training for was necessary. Looking back at the clone after watching the Interceptors flying in the distance, the giant would listen in silence as the Clone spoke of Kestri and Tor Valum, occasionally taking a few sips from his caff while he listened.

”You’ve helped create something extraordinary, Kranak. All this created in only a few months? Must have taken a lot of effort to get all this set upright.”

The giant chuckled in response. “Yeah,” he turned his gaze towards the city in the distance as he set down the mug on the table, still grasping the large mug’s handle. “The first time I saw the city, it was through a blaster’s scope. It was in complete ruins, left in heavy disrepair and infested by the Vong, but now…” the giant heaved a sigh before continuing. “It has become our home, far away from home. It is a small piece of heaven hidden away from the rest of the galaxy. A place to live. Something Mandalore no longer can truly offer.” The giant’s brows furrowed slightly at remembrance of the loss of Mandalore with his last words. Sure, their home wasn’t a piece of land for the Mandalorians. They were nomadic. Their nation travelled within their hearts, but the crumbling of the Union and the subsequent loss of Manda’yaim still stung him bitterly. The giant then chuckled heartily. “I still don’t know how in Haran they’ve done it,” he referred to the city. “The rebuilding of the city, reshaping it into… what it is today in a few months? Buir must have pulled some serious strings to get it done.”

The Alor’ad would shift his gaze from the city in the distance and back at Omen once again as he spoke of the state of the Mandalorian Covenant fighting under the Silver Jedi Concord. The giant would listen to him in silence.

”As for the Covenant… Mig’s trying to keep it together but it's hard to adapt to a new Jedi Grand Master and their new policies. Most of the members are either diving into the woodwork to wait out this change in government or like you are leaving the Silver space entirely to come here or go to Alor Taozi Fuyuan’s slice of the EE. I might be next to think about it, so here am I.”

“The Jetiise and their damned new policies…” the Si’kahya grumbled as he glanced at the tall, jagged, snowy mountains in the distance to his left. Their stinking attitude was already difficult to put up with. Their ‘new policies’ was something else entirely. “I have no idea how Mig does it, putting up with them on a daily basis,” the giant heartily chuckled as he spoke. “I wouldn’t blame any vod for deciding to cut their ties with the Concord, but I’d say at least wait until it's time to renew the contract.” That’s how he did it. He had seen it to the end of his contract, and chose not to renew it once it ran its course.

He didn’t comment on the vode following in the steps of a Clan Alor going by the name of Taozi Fuyuan, and fighting under the Eternal Empire’s banner. All Mandalorians were bounty hunters and mercenaries at heart. The giant was no exception. All of them had different ambitions and expectations that led them choosing whatever banner they chose to fight under. Kranak’s ambition was not money, but the opportunity to fight a worthy, hard foe. The next challenging thing to put six feet under. The Concord had offered him just that. The Bryn’adûl. But they were no longer a threat to the Concord and the galaxy at large any more. Seeing as the Concord no longer launched military campaigns into Bryn’adûl territory, with the attitude of their Jetiise growing unbearable ever so slightly with each passing day, he had chosen to part ways with them.

But it was different with The Enclave. He couldn’t say this was just mercenary work. No, it was something far greater than that. Just like what the Mandalorian Union was, once. He was in the service of his people. Joining the Si’kahya, he was to fight, bleed, and if need be, die for the Mando’ade. He wouldn’t have it any other way. The Enclave gave him a purpose, something he lacked ever since the fall of the Union.

After a few moments passing in silence, the giant spoke after taking another sip from his caff.
“So, have you been enjoying Kestri? How long do you plan on staying and seeing the city?” The giant inquired, looking at the bicolor eyes before him. One of them was dark green, with the other one black. Though he did notice the dark green one was a fake eye. It didn’t move unlike the other one. The Alor’ad assumed he would stay a while and see the city for himself. What he said about leaving the Covenant and the Concord meant he was weighing his options, before setting off to Eternal Empire space to see what they offered, perhaps.

UeJaBns.png

Last edited:

Sergeant Omen

Omen chuckled at the Giant's answer to what would be needed in exchange for the liquid of life. "That I can afford." The Clone calmly poured the sugar into his mug as he watched the Interceptors fly off into the distance. His eyes then fall to a Mandolarian family in full armor having a little picnic under the shade of a tree, the parents chuckling as what must have been a 3 or 4-year-old girl pointing after the fighters with glee, babbling about how she wanted to be a fighter pilot when she grew up. Yes, this is how things should be. No fighting, no burning buildings, just happy children and vod. All that could be hoped for this foundling nation to stay like this forever though both warriors probably knew this wouldn't last. There was always another battle to fight and sooner or later, that fight would end up on the Enclaves front door.

The Trooper listened to the grizzled warrior thoughtfully, sipping his sweetened caf as he heard about how all of this city was once all been a ruin only to chuckle with Kranak when he said he didn't know how the Quartermaster put up all these buildings in such a short amount of time. "I don't know either considering the Mando tendency to forgo droids and do the labor with our own two hands. All I can say where there is a will, there is a way. If a Beroya wants their prey bad enough, they will do anything to catch it. The same thing applies to putting up a city. Only the extent of our imaginations can stop us. Things like the force help but the mind is the weapon we have to use on great projects such as Kestri. The Quartermaster used all of hers to make this city happen. I can only hope that her ability in construction extends to other areas as well." The last thing this new state needed was a leader who helped make this society before tearing it down again with one wrong move.

The ARC only shrugged as he followed the Si'kahya's gazes towards the snow cover peaks to the west of Kestri. "No leader is like the next with every leader trying to form their own little hill on an already established mountain. That includes changing the rules to fit their own style. The current Grand Master has large boots to fill, which is clear. I don't think they will outdo the last Grandmaster Kiara Ayres but maybe they will demonstrate leadership in their own way. Either way, only time will tell where the Grand Master stands."

Omen then sighed as he thought about the Conclave warriors and their motives. With the Silvers having no great external threat to constantly fight against, there was no combat pay for those warriors that depended on it. It was no wonder why they wanted to leave for elsewhere. "Most of our vod who have wanted to go elsewhere either have negotiated out of their contracts via loopholes that detailed their service was only held to the last grandmaster and not the most recent one. Either way, the Silvers haven't done enough to keep their warriors within their borders."

Closing his eyes, Omen smiled to himself as he listened to the wind through the trees during his and the Giant's few moments of silence before opening them again and answering the Giant's three questions. "I have actually. Like I said before, you have created quite the city. I've mostly been exploring the planet's natural spaces and monuments but if you have other places of note open to the public, I would be glad to hear them. I've been here about two days and probably will stay on the planet for at least the next two days. For the rest of the week, I want to scout out prospective planets to move my Tihaar operations to should Silver space become... untenable..." The Clone slowly extended a metal hand and put it on the Alor'ad's in friendship. "And before you ask, no I'm not going to the EE anytime soon. They are too... unstable... too prone to war with other factions that building a business there in the long term doesn't seem like a good bet." A great smile grew across the cloning cylinder-born man. "Besides I know your reputation and being behind your weapons is much better than being in front of them."

Last edited:
3oIWNfM.png

S U ' C U Y !

Local Time: 15:13
Equipment: Loadout 1 + Goran’s Stand (Backpack, Primary and Secondary weapons left in his bunk locker. Retained Westar 35C Particle Blaster Pistols.)

tQcpQG0.png

”I don’t know either considering the Mando tendency to forgo droids and do the labor with our own two hands. All I can say where there is a will, there is a way. If a Beroya wants their prey bad enough, they will do anything to catch it. The same thing applies to putting up a city. Only the extent of our imaginations can stop us. Things like the force help but the mind is the weapon we have to use on great projects such as Kestri. The Quartermaster used all of hers to make this city happen. I can only hope that her ability in construction extends to other areas as well.”

The Alor’ad would nod thoughtfully with a grin spreading across his face as he considered the grizzled Jango Clone’s remark in silence. <Where there’s a will, there is a way.> He would repeat in his mind. That much was true, and one could see that for themselves with their own eyes on Kestri. Regrettably, they have lost many over the years in recent history, but their will faltered not. Their spirit, of those who departed to Manda and those who remained, were as strong as ever. They fought on, despite being on the verge of total annihilation at one point; the damning thought of their legendary sagas spanning over several millennia could have very well been erased from the face of the galaxy at the hands of the Sith, always had loomed at the back of their minds. But despite the intimidating odds stacked against them, they never gave up.

And eventually, they found their way once more.

The giant would slightly raise an eyebrow at the Fett clone’s remark regarding Buir. She had led the people through thick and thin, when their Mand’alor was nowhere to be seen; his fate was yet to be discovered. Whilst some vode had surmises about how he disappeared, they didn’t have any factual evidence to back their claims. It never went beyond gossip, with all the uncertainties revolving around the ordeal. Nobody exactly knew what happened, or how he disappeared.

But what was painfully certain was that their Mand’alor was nowhere to lead them through these trying times, ever since the dissolution of the Union. The uncrowned queen, The Quartermaster had risen up to the task, but she did not make any claims for the position. Perhaps out of genuine modesty, she never claimed the revered title of Mand’alor, even if she had all the wisdom and the backing of the people. Buir had proven her capabilities to them over the years; she was a fine leader, something the Mando’ade was in need of in these dark times.

Although Omen’s concern regarding the Buir’s capability to lead the people had him raise an eyebrow in intrigue, he would continue to listen in silence; occasionally taking a few sips from his hot caff as Omen continued.

The ARC only shrugged as he followed the Si’kahya’s gaze towards the snow covered peaks of the west of Kestri.
“No leader is like the next with every leader trying to form their own little hill on an already established mountain. That includes changing the rules to fit their own style. The current Grand Master has large boots to fill, which is clear. I don’t think they will outdo the last Grandmaster Kiara Ayres but maybe they will demonstrate leadership in their own way. Either way, only time will tell where the Grand Master stands.”

”Most of our vod who have wanted to go elsewhere either have negotiated out of their contracts via loopholes that detailed their service was only held to the last grandmaster and not the most recent one. Either way, the Silvers haven’t done enough to keep their warriors within their borders.”

Closing his eyes, Omen smiled to himself as he listened to the wind through the trees during his and the Giant’s few moments of silence before opening them again and answering the Giant’s three questions. ”I have actually. Like I said before, you have created quite the city. I’ve mostly been exploring the planet’s natural space and monuments but if you have other places of note open to the public, I would be glad to hear them. I’ve been here about two days and probably will stay on the planet for at least the next two days. For the rest of the week, I want to scout out prospective planets to move my Tihaar operations should Silver space become… untenable…” The Clone slowly extended a metal hand and put it on the Alor’ad’s in friendship. ”And before you ask, no I’m not going to the EE anytime soon. They are too… unstable… too prone to war with other factions that building a business there in the long term doesn’t seem like a good bet.” A great smile grew across the cloning cylinder-born man. ”Besides I know your reputation and being behind your weapon is much better than being in front of them.”

The rather intimate gesture extended to him by the Jango Clone surprised the Alor’ad, but he indulged it with a genuine smile nevertheless. You’re nothing to scoff at, either, vod.” The warrior responded to Omen’s kind gesture after a hearty chuckle. Albeit briefly, he had read the clone’s file out of intrigue back when he was still a Ruus’alor in the Mandalorian Covenant at one point. The Mandalorian not only shared the genes of the legendary bounty hunter Jango Fett, he was also an ARC Trooper under the Grand Army of the Republic almost a millennia ago; in a war long forgotten by now.

The Fett clone was of the same skill caliber as him; the result of a fight between two such individuals would yield previously unpredictable results prior to the said fight. The Alor’ad was glad to have him on their side instead of the barrel end of the blaster, however long that would last. After all, Mandalorians were mercenaries at heart, mostly. Mandalorians fought each other all the time, whether it be under the pretense of a clan feud or forced to do so by the contract they’ve agreed to. The latter would take place within professional boundaries, most of the time. That was just business, after all.

“I don’t know if you’ve explored it by now but if you haven’t, when you get a chance from looking for a place to set up shop for your Tihaar operations during your stay here, I’d recommend going out for a hike on the Cin’ciri Mountain Range,” The giant suggested after taking a sip from his mug. Tor Valum was a beautiful city in and of itself, with a number of noteworthy places to visit but to him, it all mostly dwarfed in comparison to the natural beauty of the planet. “The terrain is beautifully harsh. Gets the blood going. The view, high up there, is amazing. Especially at night. The spectacle in the night sky, unpolluted by the lively lights of urban life is,” He closed his eyes as he heaved a deep sigh, reminiscing about the clear night sky in one of his hikes on the snow covered mountain. Copyc. He muttered with a grin spreading across his face as he opened his eyes. “So,” Kranak said after a short pause, shifting his gaze to the pair of bicolor eyes before him. “What is it that you’re looking for that would suit your Tihaar operations?” He said as he raised his mug, pressing its brim on his lips. “Mm,” he paused, lowering the mug for a moment to speak, before continuing to take a sip from his caff. “Do let me know when you make your first batch, would you? I’ll pay for it.” Although he prefered ne’tra gal over any other alcoholic beverage, he would never say no to some quality tihaar.

UeJaBns.png

Sergeant Omen

Omen bit his tongue as he saw Kranak's raised eyebrow. Looks like he had misspoken just like he always did. "I'm sorry... I meant to lead her people on a galactic scale. She is done well so far but when the other galactic leaders shine their light on her to find out the truth about the Enclave and what it stands for, she is going to have to learn how to put a show on for them and if she fails, it could be a disaster."

Omen returned the squad leader's chuckle as he thought about if he really could take Kranak in the fight. Depending on the terrain and what was
around them maybe he would have a better chance of winning. Otherwise, it would be a straight drag-out fight which Omen could only get tired out in. Either way, if he had a fight from anyone in the giant's squad, it would be the horndog but that nickname was something he would keep in his head for now. Didn't want Kranak to get a bad impression of him now after everything had gone so right before.

The Clone sipped his drink as he listened to the Giant describe the Cin'ciri Mountain Range and smirking at how desolate the place was. "Why do I get the feeling I would be walking into a trap if I went there? Only kidding of course, I'll give it a shot. Maybe you can even invite your squad along for some bonding so I can get to know them a little bit more. In reality, we will just sit and talk in beach chairs while we watch them run up and down the slope." The ARC gave Kranak a teasing wink to show he was just joking. If anything he would go running with them. The Clone needed the exercise or at least some blood pumping in his veins again. He still had to get used to not being in action nearly every day and he didn't want to leave himself lax as a result of all these new projects."Rank does have its privileges of course. Besides, it can't be harder than facing one of Laertia Io's darn droids. Just enough for them to break a sweat." Omen didn't doubt the land would be Copyc as Kranak said. Now all he had to do was see it for himself.

Omen paused to think of the answers to Kranak's inquiries. What did he want for a bar? "To be honest, I was looking for something more rustic to fit Mando society but I can always just change the walls and floors to make it feel that way. Either way, a basement for storage and enough floor space to work with is going to be the real must, and knowing the price for the square foot in cities... Well, let us just say its going to be harder to find something reasonable. I just need a place where I can make my product and sell it without having to shuttle back and forth to Kashyyyk every week. And trust me, you and your squad will get the first batch Vod, on the house I might add. I just hope your boys and girls can hold their liquor. Oh and I do have that other gift..." He quickly dove into his duffle bag and got out several custom wooden figures. One with Shai pointing ordering two Company 16th troopers around from a stone wall, one of Kranak blasting off the ground using his jetpack and even one of Gwen and Eliz fighting side by side. In all, there was a figure for every member of the squad (Plus an extra for the lovers). Omen would nervously twirl his thumbs together as he waited for Kranak to give his final verdict. "It's another hobby... They are a little rougher than I wanted them to be but the figures came out well enough. Do you like them?"

Last edited:
3oIWNfM.png

S U ' C U Y!

Local Time: 15:16

tQcpQG0.png

”I’m sorry… I meant to lead her people on a galactic scale. She has done well so far but when the other galactic leaders shine their light on her to find out the truth about the Enclave and what it stands for, she is going to have to learn how to put a show on for them and if she fails, it could be a disaster.”

The Alor’ad would make a mental note of the Jango Clone’s natural aptitude towards finer details as he went on further explaining his concerns about the Buir. Although he fully understood his point, he knew that the uncrowned Queen of their people not only had the interest of her people in her mind, but also was aware of the high stakes if she were to fail. Knowing this, the giant didn’t worry too much about the subject like the Clone did.

“Strong leaders are revealed to us in times of crisis,” He said, pausing to take a sip from his caf. “She rose to the challenge when no one else did, leading us through thick and thin,” The giant said, heartily smiling at Omen. “Have some faith in her abilities, ner vod.” A little faith went a long way, after all. He was fortunate to see that for himself in The Enclave.

”Why do I get the feeling I would be walking into a trap if I went there? Only kidding of course, I’ll give it a shot. Maybe you can even invite your squad along for some bonding so I can get to know them a little bit more. In reality, we will just sit and talk in beach chairs while we watch them run up and down the slope.”
The ARC gave Kranak a teasing wink to show he was just joking.

”Rank does have its priviliges of course. Besides, it can’t be harder than facing one of Laertia Io’s darn droids. Just enough for them to break a sweat.”

“Hah, I’ll be sure to have them pack their rucksack extra heavy, then.” He quipped in return. If the Clone hadn’t made it obvious he was joking, he would have met with a different answer than the Alor’ad’s quip. Not partaking in a physical training and watching those under his command instead did not sit right with him one bit. He hated it, in fact. It was counter intuitive to the idea of their brotherhood. Such actions would undermine that. He detested a number of officers back in the Union Army because of the way they treated those under their command. All helmet, no head.

”To be honest, I was looking for something more rustic to fit Mando society but I can always just change the walls and floors to make it feel that way. Either way, a basement for storage and enough floor space to work with is going to be the real must, and knowing the price for the square foot in cities… Well, let us just say it’s going to be harder to find something reasonable. I just need a place where I can make my product and sell it without having to shuttle back and forth to Kashyyyk every week. And trust me, you and your squad will get the first batch vod, on the house I might add. I just hope your boys and girls can hold their liquor. Oh and I do have that other gift…”

He gave a nod of his head at the mention of the expensive pricing for what he was looking for, and cackled at his concern for the alcohol tolerance of his squadmates. Although the Wardog and his was considerably high, he wasn’t exactly sure about the others. It would be interesting to see what would happen to them after downing a few shots of Tihaar. But on the house or not, he would see to it that the Jango Clone receives compensation for his hard labor for producing such quality Tihaar he says he does. The Alor’ad wouldn’t have it any other way.

With a smile on his scarred face, the giant would raise an eyebrow as he inspected the wooden figures the Jango Clone produced more of them from his duffle bag. Setting down his mug on the table, he reached for the wood carving figure depicting Gwyn and Eliz fighting back to back and looked at it more closely. The details were a little rough, but he could very much make out the details on the carvings, who they were depicting.

”It’s another hobby… They are a little rougher than I wanted them to be but the figures came out well enough. Do you like them?”

With a grin on his face, he looked up from the wooden carving of his adopted daughter and the young lad fighting back-to-back, and shifted his gaze at the Clone. “They’re great! But,” he said, his grin leaving its place to intrigue. “I wasn’t aware you were acquainted with Gwyn and Eliz, as well as my squadmates.” Rough they may be, the detail put into the carvings suggested Omen had seen them in the flesh, before. That, or he somehow had gotten access to all of their personal files, which was highly unlikely. Their personal files and service records were not public knowledge, due to personal security reasons.

UeJaBns.png

Sergeant Omen

Omen replied with his own heartfelt smile as he listened to the squad leader's words, raising his hand to show that he had heard enough. "Apologies, I'm sure the Quartermaster will make a fine leader. I just don't know enough about her personally and am used to the Jedi leading. They didn't exactly instill me with confidence as I'm sure they didn't for you..." Looking again into the city and towards what he thought to be the government center, he pondered at what role he could have in this new government. "Maybe I could wrangle an aide job with her if you could make an introduction between us. Either that or as a liaison between her office and the military or the various planetary officials. Either way, just a semi-important job as one of the government's many gears that would keep me busy would make me happy."

Omen of course had the same attitude as the squad leader when it came to training of course. Those who trained together usually fought well together since every member of the team from the officers down to the foot soldiers knew their own and their fellow soldiers' responsibilities. Besides, what was the fun of looking on while everyone else did all the work?

The Clone's face grew a bright red in embarrassment as the squad leader quickly started asking questions. Oh, why did Kranak have to look a gift horse in the mouth? It would just make things so much easier if he didn't... A small sigh escaped out of the clone's mouth before a small sheepish smile crept upon the ARC's face. "Well, I just met Eliz once during a day that I will never ever speak about ever and figured he had moved here with everyone else... For everyone else... well me and my g... friend Aren troubleshot through the Enclave's database to get the squad's personnel files." If Omen's face could get even redder at the mention of Aren D'Shade Aren D'Shade , it probably would be spewing out burning magma right now. He and Aren were close but they weren't exactly in a cemented relationship yet and the walking time capsule didn't want to jinx it. He clumsily got out a data card and slid it over to Kranak. "That's all the potential breaching points we could find. Figured it would help in the long run. You know you guys need to get better defenses right? Life isn't all verps all the time, you need cyber defenses too." How else would they defeat threats like the great Aren D'Shade if they came a calling through the dark ether? Just punching their computer monitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom