Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Testing Steel (SJC)

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
Liram Angellus Mig Gred Mig Gred Colonel Adorn Telaskta

THe blood rushed... pounding in her ears while she was moving and it was less she could see perfectly then the suits assistance systems were working to alert her to things in the way. Her stride across the field larger when she jumped up and saw the rippling effect of her shielding where paint was knocked off. The interface alerting her to the thing firing and its general direction as she didn't stop... her movement remained the same and she adjusted to fire a blast into one of the gundarks and allowed the augmented armor with her cybernetic arm to use a repulsor like a dynamic hammer to try and strike it and launch it. The shockwave rods ejecting for the moment when she was coming at it.

The empress itself was moving, locking itself down as its shielding rippled... the ablative armor activating as shielding rippled. Resonating shielding absorbing energy to power itself and maintain them. The main guns firing off seeker shots for what was tagged as the shots went up and adjusted seeking the ion tags that were there. It was letting itself be the target and draw the fire as her wardroid took to the air and brought its guns about while its thick shield wall was angled from the front to protect it from ground fire.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
The Leatherback crew were definitely scratching there heads watching all this, with one, a Twi'lekk, rubbing his temples.

"For the love of the Force, what is that Mando doing.... For kark sake just mark their Basilisk and tank as rogue elements for this I guess." He then quickly hit the comm, tuning to the Empress's signal. "This is the Leatherback. Hope you don't mind, but we have no clue where to place you up here so we just went with 3rd party."

On the field, Mynock held tight as the red striped Slugger turned to aim for a Gundark with it's heavy repeater, until the fire from the Empress and Basilisk came in. The droid looked at the crew, comming to the rest of the Gred armor.

"We have a problem. That bes'uliik (basilisk) has the air, and it seems that vod is more keen on attack everything that moves. I want four Slugger with me on that droid, everyone else keep fighting, but trying hit that shiny tank if you see it." So with that, while Mynock and three other tanks, plus the still running droid, rolled and began to fire dummy rounds and training repeater bolts up at the flying droid most of the other vehicles continued focus more of Telaskta's forces. This didn't come without issues though, as a Frontline was easily flanked by Gundarks, and without a turret was easy prey, and a Slugger was "hit" on the run by another tank. The Gred crews so far keeping in line with what the weapons could do based on available info. Meanwhile, the last rear guard Frontline had continued firing the training strength bolts at the Empress tank, with another joining from longer range, using the best cover the crew could find, taking some advantage of being a lower vehicle.

Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina Colonel Adorn Telaskta

Colonel Adorn Telaskta

C

Just read this! Stop staring!

7GZbRvY.gif

THAT THING JUST sent a Gundark flying!”

“They can do that?”

“You watched the same viewer I did!”

Cut the chatter!.

Ma’am, I am detecting injuries among ‘Trelen 243’s crew.

MOTHERF…

Standing and punching one of the comms buttons.

‘Sarnet 183 and 182… I want you so far up that things butt it will complain you haven’t bought dinner first!’

Several of those in the command room were snickering as a rescue team was ordered to get the wrecked Gundark crew out of harm’s way. Meanwhile as the Basilisk jumped into the air the gunships’ sweeps became tighter and tighter. The sky was theirs, and theirs alone. They did not fire, yet.

The Marines had the numbers as well as firepower advantage, and they were beginning to know it. Even with the three tanks and now a Gundark out of the fight, they were able to engage. Under orders, each unit was running at top speed and picking their shots. They could afford to miss if it boiled down to it.

x25 "Gundark" Multi-Purpose Vehicle
1x KMA "Mauler" Mobile Command Center
x10 Jackhammer Pathfinder
x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

What? I'm done. Don't make me hurt you!
7GZbRvY.gif

@Names​

Basaba Willamina

Awareness was harder... the speed needed to be maintained as she moved and used the thrusters to slide across the ground carving a channel into the dirt. The sounds of shots being fired came to her though as she rolled up and dug her hand itno the ground twisting and landing in a crouch. Weapon drawn and firing... the shots at her chimaera in the air as it used the metal plates for an angle had attention and she looked at what was firing. Her shoulder cannon adjusting and it lit up aiming at the frontline taking shots and the AI connected to speak with a video clip of the vanguard cannons in testing and historical records.

She didn't need to fire it as there wasn't really a low setting but hoped the targeting solution and records would help. Carving a path through a ship was one thing.. a line on the ground helped in some cases and her chimaera dropped down with a slam and another shockwave giving air to the one group of gunships but spamming its seeker missiles for everything that had been getting tagged with ion trackers from the opening volley. Basaba was looking at the readouts with a flick of her eyes as the shielding of the empress shimmered and gleamed. Her message was a mixture of advice and pointing it out... "The shields are made to absorb energy, low blasts are not going to shake them."

IF anything she was debating the resonating effect might kick in where the shields reached overcharge and sent a shockwave out to stabilize well before they fell... she was considering it and the kinetic shots might give more impact to the shielding though. She crouched and stayed low overlaying the vehicles and letting a combination of the AI and her own mind run through scenarios... Telaskta had the air right now but she had speed and the numbers advantage... less of her units compared to Mig and his clan... as well as theirs... benefit and problem as she would have to go through a lot more but she seemed to have surprise and unconventional weapons advantage.

'Use the snaare battery, pull those gun ships out of the skies.' She said it and the empress and war droid were rotating the tractor/pressor cannons. The advantage of them not being moving at high speeds was there but tractor beams focused on a section of a fighter had usually proven to be dangerous when used by fleets... and the magnite enhanced the strength so their smaller size could handle larger opponents. 'Pull some in and then use the pressor to launch them either back or at their friendlies.' There were confirmations as saturation bomblets continued to be fired for the area and the empress remained where it was with ablative armor in the direction of it firing enemies.

The MOD-2 crew all looked shocked as the news and visual came through. That vehicle definitely didn't flip on it's own, and things were starting to seem a lot less in hand. The mobile bases commander quickly nodded to comms officer, giving a few gestures before looking at the rest of the crew.

"Be ready to raise shields just in case. I don't like this." Meanwhile, the comms officer would get the Leatherback on Telaskta's frequency.

"Colonel this is Leatherback. We saw what happened from up here. Never seen something like that osik in a wargame. If you need a medic bay we have one onboard." It was clear the officer wasn't sure what to think honestly. As far as they knew, these kind of things where what wargames were supposed to avoid.

Meanwhile, on the ground, Mynock's robotic eyes practically widened as he saw the Gundark roll through the visual scopes. That.... By the Maker and Manda that wasn't good. He looked at the around at his vehicles as he called for his Slugger to back up, contacting Mig in the fried Frontline.

"Alor! We have a problem!"

"What? Why can I guess who at least?" Mig had already started to move to open the hatch. This wasn't normal for the kind of wargames the clan had run in the past, but he had a feeling.

"Gundark rolled. Pretty sure Leatherback would know already. Pretty sure....." Then the transmission came in with the "advice" for taking on the Empress. Mig. Was. Boiling. He quickly told Mynock to tune to Basaba's frequency, while he quickly tuned to Telaskta's while making his way to the not so subtle tank.

"Colonel Telaskta, this is Mig. Mynock told be what just happened." There was a dose of worry cutting through the resolve he had right now to give his fellow Mando a piece of his mind. "I know you don't particularly like me, but tune into Basaba's frequency, and I'm giving you the call on whether to halt this after however she answers. I know my own people though. This may be messy. Might need those cannons charging fast." Mig would continue moving as he waited for whatever the reply was, and quickly swapped frequency after this.

"Basaba, for osik sake! This is a wargame not a warzone. You're supposed to be calling the hits your tank and bes'uliik (basilisk) would be taking. And you sure as the Manda aren't supposed to be trying to get people hurt flipping light armor like that! Either you start treating this like a wargame or stand down." It was clear by Mig's voice he was serious here. There was worry, there was anger. He had set this up to give armor crews a chance to get a halfway decent wargame, and now a light armored vehicle had been thrown around like a ragdoll, and he was almost certain there was no way this vod was actually going to listen to the idea of "just take the hit." It seemed like the only way she expected something downed was fried electronically. Which... given Mynock was a Magnaguard didn't exactly sit too well either. But right now, he was just worried about keeping others from getting hurt.

The Gred vehicles, meanwhile, had backed off of Telaksta's forces a bit on Mynock's order, taking a more defensive stance, and using some downed tanks as cover, meanwhile the one "hit" Reaper seemed to be keeping a close look at what was going on, getting up slightly while still sending a knocked out signal, and it's cannon staying cold.

Armor:
10x A-1 Frontlines
18x T-1 Sluggers
2x WD-1 Reapers

Training Coordination:
1x MOB-2 Leatherback
1x Shriek-Hawk Basilisk (Jai'galaar Bes'uliik)

Colonel Adorn Telaskta Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina

Basaba Willamina

She listened to it as the AI let the message through and remained at the ready but stood still in her armor. No reply was needed as her hand came up and the empress and wardroid stopped. Her thrusters adjusting and she moved into the air and the wardroid picked up the empress launching itself into the air. Her hand grasping the mount when it was raised into the air into the skies and then back towards the ship itself. Practicing fighting without..... contact, no damage call a shot and hope the other is being nice.... She didn't need to speak, Telaskta had fired and shown tactics she was involved... the bladesisters of Dxun fought they didn't pretend like children. The Yaim'la in orbit opened for her as the wardroid pulled them close and armored mandalorian knights stood at the ready securing it for her.

Colonel Adorn Telaskta

C

7GZbRvY.gif

INTRO WORD FLAIR
It wasn’t a “hit”...

It wasn’t the “Flying Gundark”...

It was the entire (censored)(censored)(censored)(censored) that (censored)(censored)(censored)(censored) happened.

Rolling up in the Mauler was easy enough, they even managed to get the rig upright as Corpsman tended to the injured, nothing too bad, Corporal Brannigan chipped a tooth as Lance Corporal Kroker broke an ar, Brannigan was busy getting slapped by one of the Corpsman for “inappropriate behavior” (they had a one night stand and has been all about getting a second night since) as Telaskta checked on the vehicle. Liram stepped out as well as he looked around. They had both heard the entire “conversation”, if that is what it was.

I have been known to walk out of a meeting or two, but I wouldn’t have done that.

You’re absolutely right.

I need to get back to “The Guardano”. Your call on what you want to do from here.

As if on cue three gunships dropped out of the sky. Liram stepped on one as the others hovered in “protect” mode and lifted off just as quickly. It was a showing of the respect he had under his command. Telaskta meanwhile just nodded at how tough the Gundarks were. Sure, it needed repairs, a lot of them, but the rig was still capable of returning to the fight afterwards.

It’s not you, that I don’t like in particular. It’s “Mandies”. Most of you are the same. “Mandies”, not “Mandos” or “Mando’a”... “Mandies”... “Daddy’s girl” mentality, living off your name believing that gives you some kind of aura about you. It may work among you, and that’s cool, but to the rest of us? You’re pricks.

Holding up a hand so that he doesn’t retort too angrily.

I know that not all of you are like this. Just saying how I hate people like that. I have to get out of my Dad’s shadow… Admiral Angellus… he has a HUGE shadow to get out of… I get it.

x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

7GZbRvY.gif

@Names​

Colonel Adorn Telaskta Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina

Mig listened after watching the tank and Basilisk leave, nodding to the Colonel before removing his helmet to talk face to face. Mynock’s red marked Slugger would also soon roll up, with the armor clad Magnaguard opening the hatch to look at the Gundark. The droid looked back, seeming a bit surprised by the sight.

“Atin’la (tough) little thing.” Mig meanwhile looked back at the Telaskta, giving a nod of agreement.

“Honestly might not have needed to joke about her tank early on, but I know what you mean.” Mig spoke with a calmness, thinking of how he could’ve put a better foot forward earlier. “There’s a reason I’m here and not with the Enclave. Funny enough a bit of those shadows, maybe not from family as much as culture and the past, but… I can understand.” He then looked at the Gundark a bit more, noting the damage before Mynock walked over.

“We have a saying that… well translated out is basically no one cares about the parent you are, but the parent you’ll be. I may not embody it the best at times with my words, but…. You did good. Better than I did running this.” He was doing his best not to spark another more angry encounter, and really hoped that at least came through.

Colonel Adorn Telaskta

C

7GZbRvY.gif

“What is it with this guy and his little sayings? He’s worse than Angellus.”

Telaskta let him talk though,speaking his peace as it was probably as close to she was going to get to some level of an apology, not that she was looking for one. Still the condescending prick, but meh, whatever, she can’t take a compliment so there you go. Half of her tank commanders were glaring at the droid, or “Mynock” or whoever the frak it was that gave the Gundark a backhanded compliment. Talking about it like a dimestore toy.

She muttered the word… “Mandy”...

We done here? Or are we still going?

x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

7GZbRvY.gif

@Names​

Colonel Adorn Telaskta

Mig heard Telsakta mumbling, looking back at Mynock before shaking his head a bit.

"Sorry about his. Hasn't had a mindwipe since the Clone Wars, and had whatever filter he was programmed with fry some 400 years ago. Called his tank there archaic when he first saw it." The droid stopped for a second and looked back, despite his mechanical body there was almost a "not this again" look to him.

"Oy you two! I'm old but my audio receptors work just fine." Mig couldn't hold back a chuckle, shaking his head a bit.

"I know ruug'la jag (old man)." He then shrugged. "Best I could find to take care of the brigade after the Sith invasions. May not have a filter, but he knows more than me about armor combat." He then looked at the crews there, particularly the Gundark. He was impressed still that it had handled a hit like that so well. Even the toughest vehicle rams probably wouldn't stop it. Telaskta wanted to know what the plan was for if the wargame would continue. He closed his eyes and took a breath, half wishing he could just start this day over again.

"Honestly while I think my crews want to keep going, after the mess this has been... sorry for that by the way, I wouldn't be surprised if you were ready to head out, but I'll leave it to you. Have the data on the Sluggers, Frontlines, and Leatherbacks though that you can take too if you need it."

Colonel Adorn Telaskta

C

7GZbRvY.gif

"CLONE WARS HUH?" Seems that shadow is getting a little bit bigger.

In that case, you might have heard of the Admiral (who just left)'s great...(x9) Grandfather Kam Angellus? Or even his son Arestul? Either Way, one was an Admiral in the Clone Wars for the Republic and the son was a Captain at the time, but ended up defecting to the Rebel Alliance when the Empire was starting up and became an Admiral for them? Either way, Liram is a descendant... oh and some Jedi who is hopping around is related as well.

Giving the handwave as all mechanized units began making their way back to "The Stellar", Telaskta climbed into the Command Center.

Nope, she didn't give a verbal answer... it was visual.

7GZbRvY.gif

@Names​

Mynock tilted his head, seeming to thing a bit as he racked his processors. He then nodded.

"Ah. I remember. Pretty sure he nearly killed me once. Rebel descendent too. Interesting...." The droid then looked back at his crews, noticing how Telaskta was walking to the Command Center. "Well Colonel, I hope you see you on the battlefield. Seemed pretty good out here. Trained well." The old droid walked away, doing some hand gestures to give the crews quick orders to begin moving back to the standby position. Mig meanwhile chuckled a bit at the droid words. He really did talk like an old man too. The Mandalorian then gave Telaskta a nod.

"Ret'urcye mhi (goodbye), Colonel, and may the Force be with you." Mig would then start to turn, looking out at all the crews one more time before finally having a bit of a smile on his face. That definitely could've gone better, but it seemed way too close to going worse. Hopefully the future would prove less hair raising from those who were supposed to be.... Who was he kidding. Mig seemed to be a trouble magnet sometimes, and he had a feeling this wouldn't be the last time he'd butt heads with Basaba. Right now though, time to get things looked at, then back home.

Colonel Adorn Telaskta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom