Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Testing Steel (SJC)

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii

Mig was perched on top of the MOB-2 Leatherback, which notably had a turret that looked much newer than the rest of the vehicle, as he watching it slowly get into place, flanked by some A-1 Frontlines and T-1 Slugger tanks that would be part of the exercise today. A test of the armor crews and a chance to let them get some real serious training in. As for what the Leatherback was doing there, well it would be a mobile coordination post today to help run training. As they stopped in the training area Mig would jump down, a somewhat rare show of the Force for something mundane. He then looked around, seeing a Magnaguard pull himself up from a Slugger's hatch.

"We're ready whenever you give the word, Alor." Mig just chuckled a bit at the old commanders willingness.

"Easy Mynok. Give people time to get here at least. No way they're missing the beast at least, so finding us shouldn't be an issue."

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
The chance to test out heavy armor... important on the field and standing tall in the pale blue armor was one of the few... Basaba closed and opened her cybernetic arm that was designed for a number of things but it handled the tanks when her Beskar'kandar couldn't and she was one of the few who had the experimental Chimaera Class War Droid models. Bulkier then a basilisk and more armored but when it came to making an entrance there was none better as the doors opened... vapor crystalizing in the vacuum and shattered all around. The air able to be seen as it went out and one hand went to the war droid as she held it and they were flying downwards. The wardroid grasping a payload on its side which was balanced thanks to an anti grav sled... her eyes adjusting with the speed before they slowed and turned up at the last moment spinning and releasing the Empress Class Tank that would be there for show. The chimaera touched down and Basaba departed it as her shoulder weapons retracted to the back of her armor ready to be deployed and her vambraces spun around going to non-lethals options. THe beskad on her hip gleaming as well as her bes-bev.

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
top_gun_maverick___banner_3418_x_1479_by_sachso74_df4io6i-fullview.jpg

SECTOR: Yitabo
ORDERS: Training exercise with armored divisions
COLLEAGUES:
TARGETS:

As the “Stellar” Marine transport settled onto the grounds nearby, fighters were launched, merely to run little more than standard patrols overhead. No one was expecting anything to happen, but then again, that is when something usually happens. There were other resources nearby, but this was meant to be a bit of a training exercise and not a combat exercise. So, since there were no parameters on what to bring and what to leave behind, Colonel Telaskta, the Marine CO decided she was going to get their legs stretched a bit and bring out a column of each.

Liram was just along for the ride.

x12 Cherub Gunship (hovering overhead, guarding)
x25 "Gundark" Multi-Purpose Vehicle
1x KMA "Mauler" Mobile Command Center
x10 Jackhammer Pathfinder
x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

jH4NGHH.png
Words
[/SPOI:ER]

headercom.png

Mig smiled a bit, walking to a comm on the exterior of the Leatherback as he opened a channel to both of the columns he saw coming. As he did two WD-1 Reapers were pulled out from the cargo hold and activating them, plus sending out a Shiek-Hawk to get a better look at things.

"To whoever has the chromium plated tank have you thought about painting it?" He gave a slight chuckle before continuing. "Sorry if it's a tad more laid back than usual. Today as you all know will be a test of armored vehicles, with the MOB-2 behind me serving as a coordination center. If you would rather jump right into it, my commanders are chomping at the bit, but I tend to like a bit more planning with training." He'd wait for the answer as the tanks and two droids began to get a bit more organized.

Armor:
10x A-1 Frontlines
18x T-1 Sluggers
2x WD-1 Reapers

Training Coordination:
1x MOB-2 Leatherback
1x Shriek-Hawk Basilisk (Jai'galaar Bes'uliik)

Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina

Basaba Willamina

Mig Gred Mig Gred Liram Angellus Liram Angellus

She looked at the assembling tanks and there was a moment of wondering if she should have brought more but when it came to their tanks it was limited.. the empress and basilisk line was really it. THey didn't need a lot of tanks but the mandalorian remained there on top of her war droid as the empress was sleek and ready for it as the main guns were set up and spinning to be prepared. THe shielding cycling as it projected it and the hull plating working out ready for a battle. The biot pilots within it signaling on her interfaced that they were ready and she was on the wardroid as it rregistered the others on a tactical display.

ORDERS: Wargames
COLLEAGUES: Mig Gred Mig Gred Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina
TARGETS: Mig Gred Mig Gred Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina

“Incoming Comm from the Mandalorian.

Patch it.” Colonel Telaskta simply responded.

Then came the comment about chromium tanks came in. Liram sat there quietly and laughed to himself, but this seemed to set Adorn off.

Is that Nerf-Herder talking about US? Oh Frell to the NO!She went on. Pull us up next to that damn monstrosity. I’m going to verbally rip him a new…

Now it was time for Liram to do something he was not used to doing. Be the voice of reason.

Calm down Colonel.

Sir, he…

Didn’t mean it like it sounded, and is just wanting to get this underway. Don’t worry.

Alright then. How should we proceed, sir?”

Your gig, your show, your call.

That made her smile. Put us next to that command center of their’s and don’t worry. I’ll be nice.”

Pretty much the the entire column of tanks and support vehicles moved around behind the Mandalorians and set up shop. Not to take away anything, but to have as good a field of view. Of course the Colonel stepped out to look around, mainly for the Mandalorian who would make fun of her gear… she never stopped to think if it was hers that he was talking about though.

x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

jH4NGHH.png
Words

headercom.png

Last edited:
Mig looked, seeing one column begin to move as the other, coming in through the shriek-hawk, seemed to stay in place. He groaned a bit as he looked and noticed the basilisk, and quickly opened the comm again, this time speaking in Concordian Mando'a.

"Please tell me you're not one of those vod that only responds to Mando'a, cause working in the Concord might be difficult if you are." He didn't get much time to wait for a response before seeing the other column finally make it, with the Magnaguard sitting on his Slugger's turret, just watching. Mig looked at all the vehicles in the group, smiling a bit as he pulled off his helmet.

"Well, I feel like I didn't quite bring enough for this, but we've never had a great chance to fully expand our armor brigade. If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

Last edited:

Basaba Willamina

Liram Angellus Liram Angellus Mig Gred Mig Gred

She looked at the large division from Liram that was being brought a few dozen vehciles in comparison to her wardroid and tank and the other mandalorians composition was there. Standing in the pale blue armor though she spoke turning her head and the short hair got a little breeze. "Basaba." She said it while closing her helmet and her armor started cycling. The wrist weapons rotating as they selected ionic disruptors better suited to handling vehicles and a power blade for piercing beskar plated wardroid. The empress tank moving and locking itself into position as its armor plating came out as an ablative shield... the wardroid slamming its front legs into the ground as it extended a beskar plate for coverage while priming weapons.

ORDERS: Wargames
COLLEAGUES: Mig Gred Mig Gred Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina
TARGETS: Mig Gred Mig Gred Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina

What the? ” Colonel Telaskta responded under her breath and very annoyed. It was like she was being mocked for what she brought and outright ignored. With her temper, neither was a good thing to do. This was supposed to be some kind of wargames. Who the frak WERE these people? Why was there little to no coordination on this?

Calm down Colonel.

Sir, this is ridiculous and you know it…” She quietly turned to the Admiral who was leaning against the entryway of the Mauler, arms crossed.

Calm down. The Mandalorian over there, he set this up and is a good guy. It was meant to be low-key.

Alright, fine. I'll just send some stuff back.”

Your call, but why?

I'm not going to be the Schutta that brought a bazooka to a gunfight.”

Why not?

"Why not?" Indeed. So with that she went on her datapad while she waited for the other two to actually pay attention to her and send out orders. Those that were affected were moved into positions that looked to be one thing, but could mean another.

x10 Jackhammer Pathfinder - Out of the Fight
x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I - Out of the Fight
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

jH4NGHH.png
Getting ready play fight.

Once everything gets started.
Jackhammers and Mk I Haniel's "protecting" the Mauler.
Mk II's and Gundarks waiting for the go.
Mk II's moving in random directions "point and shoot"
"Gundarks" moving as if going back to the Stellar transport than opening up on the opponents.

headercom.png

Mig looked over at the clearly annoyed Colonel and Liram before eying Basaba. While he didn't know this Mandalorian, he almost knew something might go wrong here. He'd been dealing with this kind of stuff long enough to just tell.

"Vod, this is training, not combat, so just remember that. I'm still curious what that tanks chromium bright finish is about." He then started to walk over to Liram and Telaska. One thing they might have noticed were that Mig's group didn't seem to just be Mandalorian. Now they weren't as patchwork as they had been, but some still clearly had armor or weapons they just liked. Mynock meanwhile kept his droid frame on his Slugger.

"Liram, it's good to see you again, though I'm surprised you're planet side for something like this. And Colonel, if I'm reading your uniform correctly." He'd extend a hand to her real quick, and however Telaska took it, Mig would continue. "I'm sure you all know what's happening today. Armored combat training. Fairly wide, safe area, with some cover. For mass driver tanks we have dummy rounds, and a basic plan if anyone wants to speak up or has suggestions." Mig took a bit of a breath, lookin at everyone there again to try and see what they thought about things so far.

"With the people we have, lets say a run down of basic equipment and tactics, then get two teams quickly setting up for a bit of a training battle."

10x A-1 Frontlines
18x T-1 Sluggers
2x WD-1 Reapers

Training Coordination:
1x MOB-2 Leatherback

Training?! Sir! You told me that this was Wargames!”

Same thing.

Frustrated, Telaskta was not going to argue, but this was not going the way she had planned it. This was supposed to be something to test them as a ground unit and show their viability, but to her “this crap makes them look like damaged goods.” She did shake the man’s hand, it would be rude not to.

Dank FerrikWamprat, Bantha, Ronto and Reek, this is MynockPattern Pfassk.”

There were collective groans on the comm-link as “active” lights turned off on the cannons of the various vehicles and transports for a few moments before turning back on. The difference though is that these lights were blue whereas before they were red. This indicated that rubber rounds were being used. They did not use “blanks” or “dummy rounds” ut did not work that way for them.

The gunships overhead changed their operational status as well. They were no longer in simple “hover” but more overhead passovers. There would be no chance of any kind of sneak attack on the parts of the enemy in this case.

Satisfied, but no less frustrated… okay maybe a little… maybe as gruff as she… okay yeah she was still frustrated… Adorn made eye contact with Mig.

Question. Why would I want to give you my plan? Isn’t that defeating the point of this? It’s not like we’re using live rounds, there’s no danger. If we’re going to have Wargames, let’s make it what it should be out in the field.”

x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

jH4NGHH.png
Words

headercom.png

Basaba Willamina

She listened to him and looked at the interaction between the two and the one didn't seem happy about it. She remained where she was and was cycling in the interface to see and tag the different pieces of equipment that they had brought. No schematics for them but the AI built in was going off of composition and design for weaknesses. A chance to adapt while she could work on a few plans of attack between them and then.... they were asked to provide their plans and she raised an eyebrow. Her plan was see what they brought and smash through it... tactics win. Which was what you wanted to do in a battle situation like this... they were practicing yes, it could be non-lethal and not killing each other but that dind't mean that they should hold back against each other... or was that the supposed hope of this vod? It made her more curious then anything while she remained in cover from the wardroids plated shield but spoke, "My plan is to take that tank and throw it into another tank."

Mig looked at Liram a bit, seeming more than a bit surprised by his friend's response, then back at Telaska.

"You don't keep a blade sharp without a grindstone every now and then, Colonel. And as the Admiral said, wargames are simply another form of training, and what will be focused on today." Mynock would finally jump down from his tank, nodding to the Telaska.

"Being a tanker in a fleet setting doesn't always give the best chance for these kind of exercises either. Don't worry, it won't be too bad." Of course the mechanical voice might not have helped things. Mig was about to respond to the Colonel's next question before hearing Basaba. He stopped, looking over at her before giving a very clear look.

"I don't know what house or clan you fall under, but I'm going to make this clear. You break any equipment, you're paying for it, and you hurt anyone during this, you're answering to me. Understood?" He really didn't see this going well if he didn't give a clear line to this one right here, and right now. He noticed the gunships moving quickly, keeping his own instincts from kicking in too much. He then looked back at to Telaska and spoke up.

"As for your question Colonel, it's very rare that you'll have no tactical information about a surface battlefield. See that up there?" Mig would point to the flying droid. "Jai'galaar Bes'uliik. Even orbital ships can get a rough idea. As for why I'm asking, it's sometimes hard to tell who'll come for these, so sometimes have to set some things up on the fly. With that said.... The idea right now is a battle between two forces. We use the areas around Leatherback as the point one team wants to take from the other. Defending team gets a general starting location, and the attackers... well you can see the area now. No need to have some of your crews sit on the sidelines either, and groups can be mixed to practice joint operations, though something tells me you'd rather a head to head game. Oh, and the bird'll be grounded either way. Just needed to make sure no one took advantage of a bunch of armor in one spot."

Last edited:

Basaba Willamina

SHe looked at the one speaking and her helmet was thankfully on as she blinked slightly dumbfounded at the idea of no harm coming even in a training scenario... They were still operating with dangerous equipment and a rubber shot to the right location could still be just as painful or debilitating. Not all of them were wearing fully covered helmets so eyes were vulnerable. She looked at the other things around and spoke into her internal comlink to her wardroid and the biot crew of the empress as the overlay of the area came into view. 'I want a wide dispersal, ion tags on as many things as you can get and seeker rockets, then deploy plating and draw their fire as aerial strikes are inbound and I'll proceed on ground with the attack.' She said it checking out more while standing there silently as the shimmer of her shield activating and shoulder cannons coming up to take aim. A seeker drone coming off of her shoulder while her cybernetic arm moved and prepared for the fight. She was tracking the gunships and turned her helmet for a small moment to look at Liram and Talaskta while raising the eyebrow under her helmet. She slid the powerblade out of the gauntlets top and was prepared for the fight. 'AI countermeasures in place alor." THe biots were prepared for them and the built in AI for their interfaces worked to speed up their processes but also protect what was needed... her silence to the others though would only remain as she got the rifle switching it to anti vehicle and holding it in one hand.

The look on her face said more than any rant, soliloquy or diatribe could. She did not care who he was, she did not care if he was respected or not. She would NEVER be talked down to. She would NEVER be spoken to like she was a child. This guy thinks that just because he is Mandalorian that he is an expert on warfare, fine. She’s earned her input, opinions and thoughts.

Telaskta was just about to verbally castrate Mig when Angellus, again, played the calming voice of reason without a word. He just put a hand on her shoulder and when she looked, he eyed the inside of the Mauler. With a very loud sigh, the Colonel stepped into the rolling command center, shut the door behind her and began a rant that could be heard outside even if plugs were loosely fit into the ears.

Words such as “Kid’s table” and “Arrogant Mynock” and “Shove his manhood where the sun don’t shine” were used prevalently, as well as reminders of Sev Tok, and Nar Kreeta among other places.

Several of the gunners on the Mauler were trying to hold back their own “Oh feth!” laughter.

Liram just stood there, embarrassed, but understanding of her point of view. He had already learned himself of Gred’s approach to speaking to “colleagues” was not without its challenges and hoped that the Mandalorian would understand that it wasn’t just Liram. When she finally came out, still ticked off, but tactful, Liram spoke up loudly.

SERAPHIM

Yes sir.

You’re up.

Yes sir. Good Morning, Colonel Telaskta. Whatever I can offer to assist you, just ask me and I will do my best.

The Colonel was visibly taken aback by the offer of the fleet AI and she just looked at Liram who winked and went back into the Mauler.

Say “Thank you.”

Thank You.”

With that she looked at the tank commanders, vehicle commanders and so on and just swirled her index and middle fingers. She did look back at Mig.

Our rounds wash clean with water.”
That was about close of any apology, or offer of tactics that Mig was going to get. Let him get them from the guy with the big armor… wait… that’s a woman?

x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

jH4NGHH.png
Gundarks are running out along the perimeter of the grounds.
The Mk II's were moving in groups of three in overlapping circular patterns.
The Mk I's and Pathfinders would not be in the fight.

headercom.png

Mig seemed to notice the confusion through his fellow Mando's helmet, and just sighed. "On purpose vod. Don't injure anyone on purpose." Mig really didn't want training he set up to become know for someone getting seriously hurt or worse. He then noticed Telaskta seemed.... Crap.... He wasn't the best at hiding the fact that he realized he had completely screwed up there. At least Liram seemed to calm her down, but when she turned to leave Mig did give a slightly sheepish look, sliding his helmet on though to get ready.

"I've spent way to much of my life aboard starships constantly. Starting to think maybe it's better idea for me show up to stuff like this instead of organize it." In all honestly, the Colonel reminded Mig a bit of he own sister, Vaux Gred Vaux Gred , so maybe that was part of it. He didn't know, but he figured just getting things going would help, though he then heard Telaskta speak. He nodded, speaking up a bit.

"And we'll see our fire in the fight." Mig spoke a bit more calmly this time. He was honestly ready to see how this would go, and seemed a bit more confident. He then looked at Basaba, along with the Basilisk and tank. "Hope you're ready. I can tell that one's a fighter." He then gave a sign to the Leatherback crew, and the comms officer quickly tuned in on two frequencies.

"All vehicles, this is Leatherback. From my understanding you know the drill. We'll send an alert if anything happens that requires the game to be put on hold. So, we are the target. Let the thunder roll when ready, and happy hunting." Mig shook his head a bit and chuckled and he took a position into one of the assault guns. He tapped the command as he took the secondary gunner seat. Mynok was in command, Mig was just an observer as the Frontline he was riding in set up into a defensive position, and as the exercise fully began, a pair a T-1s would be the first to start forward, along with the droids.

10x A-1 Frontlines
18x T-1 Sluggers
2x WD-1 Reapers

Training Coordination:
1x MOB-2 Leatherback

Basaba Willamina

"Looks like they are finally starting." She said it in her helmet and was looking at the others.. her rifle in her hand and adjusts needed as she could watch and tagged the targets of interest. The one who seemed to be calmed down might be tactically useful if she could be provoked to make a mistake but her position seemed high enough she had more control and she showed it. The other mandalorian was the obvious target, his way of speaking to all of them had seemed annoying and like he wanted to condescend... a keldeba kiss might be in order as she turned her attention and motioned with one hand towards the center. THe empress being able to move as its gun started rotating as they spun up. THe repulsors prepared for them to be able to take the place. "Hunt that thing." SHe said it for the wardroid as it was bulkier and its bomblet generator moved firing a pair of ion bombs to make for an opening attack. Her body crouching down for a moment as the repulsors narrowed aand her thrusters let her run.... going forward she slammed a foot into the ground kicking off and with a whine she shot forward blasting a crackling discharge from the ionic disruptor aimed towards the vehicles.

She didn’t get into a Gundark, or a Mk II, she didn’t need to as she trusted her commanders to do their jobs. No judgment on the one Mandalorian guy and … still can’t believe that’s a woman…oh well. They’re already looking at Ethereal gear as “Second Class”, maybe it was “Mando Pride” or whatever, maybe it was just stupidity, maybe it was a little of both. Either way they were both going to learn that there is more to combat than punching tanks and flying droids.

Getting on the comms, she punched up the all-call and went to work. “Let’s do this.

Acknowledgments came from each unit as the Mk II’s in their circular patterns increased speed only to randomly stop and target Mandalorian iron when they had a shot.

What were the Gundarks doing?

x18 “Haniel” Tank Mk I
x18 "Haniel" Tank Mk II

Words go here

jH4NGHH.png
Words

headercom.png

One of the scouting Reaper droids would soon take a hit, giving the appropriate reaction and falling over as if it had been taken out by one of the MKII. One of the Sluggers scouts was close enough to see, reporting the fire and letting loose with one of it's barrels before it too got tagged, and the crew quickly sent the signal for the vehicle being knocked out. Further out, the other 16 Sluggers, one notably with a pair of red stripes on the barrels, and and 8 of the Frontlines began to move in, with the Frontlines moving forward lobbing training strength bolts into the rough area.

"This is Mynock. Stay paired up if possible, and make your shots count. Use cover, and be ready for anything."

Meanwhile further back as support tanks, the last two Frontlines, one of which Mig was riding in, had already started to get rained on by fire. Even with the duraplast and duraplast alloy, it couldn't take the sheer amount of disruptor fire. One of the crew, a Rodian in what looked like patchwork combat armor, tried to flip some switches, checking to send a signal out but....

"For kark's sake! Whole system's fired! The techs are not gonna be...." The vehicle's commander just gave the gunner a quick flick to the shin to get his attention, giving a "just don't" look. Mig just looked, sighing and grabbing a flare. He was already annoyed at himself right now, and this wasn't helping things. Wouldn't be the first time, and that would be enough to get the point across the tank was down for any vehicles that didn't have any way to detect power levels. He opened the hatch, popped the flare, and tossed it on top of the assault gun before going to close it. Meanwhile, the second tank had turned and took aim for the Empress, similar to it's sisters firing training strength bolt though in a direct firing solution.

Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina Liram Angellus Liram Angellus

Colonel Adorn Telaskta

C

Just read this! Stop staring!

7GZbRvY.gif

IT WAS WHEN the Mk IIs were hitting their targets from a stationary position easily that Adorn could see that they were not being taken seriously. That was actually a great thing because it meant that her boys and girls had the advantage of surprise. They were restricting themselves right now to just the secondary cannon, the paintballs were fun and effective but there was more to their game than that and even though two of the Mk II's were out of the game, they had more in them to go.

Especially with the Gundarks rolling around the perimeter.

"Hooks are in the water..." Major Azzhoal smiled watching the screens.

Dangle them.

"Yes Ma'am."

Ma'am, if I may suggest. Your Jackhammers...

I don't want to overload our side, especially since I didn't tell them I would.

Yes, Ma'am. I would suggest your Haniel Mk II tanks increase speed, their targeting systems are capable of operating without loss of efficiency, and your current plan will not lose any percentage of results.

Alright, if you want to draw up a plan, we'll run it.

Uploading it to your tanks now.

I like you already!

The tanks increased their speed tenfold at that moment, three of them reporting having dodged weapons fire that would have eliminated them. That is when the Gundarks started moving in at their own top speed. They did not have the firepower of the Mk II's but they had the speed and their own guns to play with and took advantage of.

For each tank targeted the Gundarks swarmed the attackers.

Snort that, suckers!

What? I'm done. Don't make me hurt you!
7GZbRvY.gif

Basaba Willamina Basaba Willamina | Mig Gred Mig Gred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom